• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Violater

The media is motivated to continue the quid pro quo relationship with the publishers, that is why we only hear crickets.

They will likely have the same issues. PS4 should, theoretically, have the higher resoultion and framerate.

I want the same people who were talking about the broken PS4 situation to shed light on EA and Dice's atrocities much like the did with Sim Cities as well.

k4n3

Banned
metro actually looks pretty good, the map always looked nice but just to many choke points and it looks like they addressed that

also setting the grass on fire is so badass lol

MogCakes

The game's issues are not platform based IMO, it's the game itself. But damn the constant crashing and corrupting of saves is annoying.

Grief.exe

That Second Assault map pack is going to be free, right? And is it going to be released in December along with China Rising?

Both are premium expansions, so if you bought Premium then you will get them.

China Rising is gifted as ala carte premium expansion to those that pre-ordered. Theoretically you should be able to play on day one along with the Premium members.

Just have to ride China Rising out until Titanfall and Dark Souls II,
hopefully Desitny makes its way to PC as well

RoKKeR

That Second Assault map pack is going to be free, right? And is it going to be released in December along with China Rising?

The Second Assault release date for any platform other than Xbox One is unknown at this point, but it will be after the China Rising DLC. Most likely sometime early next year before Naval Strike.

Cmagus

Wow I give up on this PS4 version everytime the menu was coming up it was giving me an error and closing the game now when it tries to start up it says my data and saves are corrupted. Like wtf I should contact Sony and tell them to at least give me back my $10.00 upgrade fee and take this shit off my account.

DryvBy

Wow I give up on this PS4 version everytime the menu was coming up it was giving me an error and closing the game now when it tries to start up it says my data and saves are corrupted. Like wtf I should contact Sony and tell them to at least give me back my $10.00 upgrade fee and take this shit off my account.

IGN gave it an 8.5. How'd they even play the freakin' game?
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/19/battlefield-4-ps4-review

Why is Oman returning? I know it was popular in BF3 but it was already "remastered" for that. re-remastering it for BF4 is dumb. It should be just BF3 maps or one map from 4 different BFs.

Give me fucking Arica Harbor DICE

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Holy shit. That "years later" looks to be "years after the nuke in BF3's singleplayer blew."

Metro is set in France like Seine, yeah?

The park's (first set in Rush, not used in Conquest) overgrowth seems like that part of the town has been abandoned. The construction building for last last set (RU starting?) is interesting. Guess they're removing the double building/sniping nest. Good. Nope, still there. :(

Though it seems rocks have been excavated/ground been dug up to make the rocks starting US attack in Rush side able to be used as covers instead of a sniper perch. Good.

Side tunnel to third set is nice, but you know they're (defense) going to block A's side route as soon as they can so they can focus on the stairs like third set Metro BF3 right now. HOLY SHIT elevators
people are going to camp!
for the first stairs/escalators up to third set. Nice.

Sideroute to RU attack start in Conquest, fourth-set left-side coming from attackers start is NIIIIICE. They're removing that wall and removing the out-of-bounds/inaccessible area to make that.

Huh, Metro stuck in the "tunnel to no where" areas now below third set. No more T-UGS placement there. :(

It looks good, and it looks a generation ahead of BF3's rendention of it because of the added cover/things to provide cover for attackers and defenders. Which is good but: WhitneyHoustonDemandstoseeGameplay.gif on it. I NEED to see people abusing shit on it before I can say it's a vast improvement. I'll say a good thing about DICE though: Their art department is amazing.

Wronng, Caspian was the best BF3 map

No, he was right: Oman is the best map in BF2, BF3, AND BF4.

TheSeks

What's with all the Second Assault previews? Isn't China Rising coming out in two weeks?

Once again: NO.

X-box 720 gets Second Assault exclusive this coming week/on launch. We don't get that until after China Rising. CHINA RISING itself does not come out until December.

crying.gif

Oh DICE: These tears. These tears of joy. I can't stop crying.

The GOL Sniper Magnum is back

If it doesn't contain it's BC2 scope though DICE: Me and you are going to have some choice words and me slapping each and everyone of you motherfuckers.

Screw the magnification scopes, give me the fucking BC2 default scope on the GOL and I'll cry tears of joy and climax in my pants at the same time, you hear me DICE? AT THE SAME TIME!

elyetis

Why is Oman returning? I know it was popular in BF3 but it was already "remastered" for that. re-remastering it for BF4 is dumb. It should be just BF3 maps or one map from 4 different BFs.

Give me fucking Arica Harbor DICE
When there is so few good map to remaster from bf3, you take what you can.

And while I kind of lovedArica in Rush -as in 200h playtime in the beta- ( and 'why not' on conquest on ), for god sake don't ask for more unplayable map at high player count in bf4.

Speaking of wishful thinking, I would have choosen some alborz mountains over firestorm for sure.

Keasar

Ah, XBOX One only thing.

Eh.

More excited about actual new maps. I'm just gonna be all hissy when Operation Metro gets loaded up on Conquest Large servers.

TheSeks

Guys, seriously: I can't stop crying while watching this Oman video. It's so good.

DICE... have I told you I love you? If you bring back Arica and Port Valadez and the GOL Sniper's scope
with no bullshit Call of Doody sway!
I... I... I won't say a bad word about you for... like... at least six months.

tsigo

They need a fucking system to overthrow squad leaders or intelligently assign it, or something. I was just on a team where out of 5 squads, not a single one had an order issued. "Free points? Pssh, why bother."

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Holy shit the end to this game's SP is soooooo bad. I think I laughed for a good 5 minutes.

When I reached the end-game, I was sort of relieved to be done with it, but was annoyed that they were only letting me choose between Irish or Hannah dying. I wanted to take the C4 down myself, and tried to wrestle with the controls for a moment to see if I could. Suddenly, our ship blows up on the horizon, and Irish chirps in, "Oh no! We blew it!" And Hannah gives me a look, and shakes her head like I've got a developmental disability. Then the credits roll, and I notice the game is saving to the HDD! Oh, were you gonna reload the checkpoint and start again? Fuck you! Play the entire chapter over!

That's got to be one of the biggest trolls I've experienced in gaming. I mean... besides the state of MP play.

bjscott05

Honestly I'm getting kind of sick of DICE reusing maps for map packs. Last year it was ok, since it had been years since BF2 came out and Wake Island is a classic 1942 map, but BF3 maps being remade already doesn't do too much for me. Who wanted Firestorm back? I didn't think it was great in BF3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom