• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

enewtabie

Whats the consensus on the corrupt save on PS4? I was on the fourth mission on SP and went back to play and it had the save error come up. I didn't overwrite and just backed out. Is this being patched? Should I restart and try again or just wait. I just hate the wasted time.

elyetis

No they really aren't. Hastings was terrible because it was set after set after set literally two minutes after the other and Vietnam was the start of chokepoint cities.

And no, Oasis is never fun.

Same for Kharg and Norshar.
I thought Phu Bai Valley was decent, but sadly the only one to be.

But again, any map I found okay on bc2 on my ps3, would be a disapointment to me in bf4/pc without big rework on their size ( as in taking for conquest large, the entire size of their rush version + making it less linear ).

Blutonium

There's about five new flanking routes, which all lead to different areas. The map even got evelators now. Outside you can set the grass on fire and inside you can bring down rubble and make the roof cave in at around 20 positions. They have also moved some objects to make it easier to advance and hide behind cover. And yeah the map takes place after the nuke so it looks like Metro: Last Light (rather fitting title). :)

Shit son, that sounds great - can't wait to check the vids - I've seen Caspian Border though, love the changes DICE implemented there.

scogoth

Hey man, I helped you with at least 8 trees. We are the unsung heroes behind Spl1inters' permanent #1 score.

And that day there was much clearing to be done.

inwKf4vKHRuhJ.png

Grief.exe

There is still no official confirmation that those who pre-ordered BF4, but not Premium, will get China Rising on day one.

The ulterior evidence seems to point to this being the case though. I would be very surprised if we had to wait.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That's...whoa. If games were won by deforestation..

They are. I can tell you that much. It takes a while but it's effective.

PS3 GAF used to do it toward the end of BC2's life. It's completely broken.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
TheSeks when are they gonna fix it? WHENS?

That's...whoa. If games were won by deforestation..

Age Of empires man, dat final phase Lancer infantry

And now thats how do you Remake a map, not a simple copy paste layout but fixing the flaws designs and adding more tactical options to defend and attack are really amazing improvements.

Wow Dragon Valley? Flashbacks of ripping through the valley in a jet are flashing back to me. Can't wait.

I'm a bit bummed that Commander elements aren't destructible on the map anymore. Many a memory of flying high, getting dropped off over the refinery as Spec Ops, and C4ing the shit out of everything.

I assume the Refinery will be an uncap and the 9 other CPs will be consolidated into 7.

Tis only one of the most glorious BF maps ever.
GmjRlBL.jpg

I wonder if they are going to scale the entire 64 player version of that map (with the Docks and the US carrier) into BF4's 32 player sized "Conquest Large" maps, or just adapt the 32 player version of Dragon Valley that starts at Marketplace.

Man, I really miss the 64 player variants. Those were the only maps I've ever enjoyed 64 player BF on.

I would be jumping all over Premium right now if the game worked like it was supposed to. Paying an additional $50 for more content in a broken game is just too much for me right now. On the bright side, I pre-ordered this P.O.S. (because the beta was stable and I expected as much from the retail game) so I at least get the China Rising DLC without having to give them any more money.

aranth

bf4crashcysqx.jpg

63 64 crashes in 88h of playtime, could have been worse! 24 days later, and the sound loop freeze is still here, and that's not even counting the miriad of other problems, like netcode, missing sounds on maps or the random checkered textures on Lancam Dam and Golmund Railway (more often on Dam than Railway).

Edit. If you're curious search for view all problem reports in the control panel.

TCRS

Banned
so, do both sides still start with the same weapons or do the americans start with american weapons and the russian with russian? annoyed the shit out of me during the beta.

Heysoos

bf4crashcysqx.jpg

63 crashes in 88h of playtime, could have been worse! 24 days later, and the sound loop freeze is still here, and that's not even counting the miriad of other problems, like netcode, missing sounds on maps or the random checkered textures on Lancam Dam and Golmund Railway (more often on Dam than Railway).

How do check this? I'm sure I have just as many. Jesus.

Grief.exe

so, do both sides still start with the same weapons or do the americans start with american weapons and the russian with russian? annoyed the shit out of me during the beta.

That was the way of things in BF3 Beta, but not in BF4 Beta or the release.

Grief.exe

umm.. in the BF4 beta both assault classes started with the AK12 and the same LMG.

Yes, so you just answered your own question?

You asked whether the different sides played with different weapons, no they all start with the same weapons independent of their nationality.

scogoth

I find the lack of AA on the XB1 disturbing. Look at how awful the rails on guns look, for instance. That and the pop in is super aggressive. It's really distracting when you see someone fly a chopper.

Dat PC footage. Aint no time for AA. Need that 120fps+

TCRS

Banned
oh, misunderstood your post.

well this is slightly rage inducing. I mean wtf dice. how hard is it to give different starting weapons to different sides? I don't want to play with american weapons as a russian and with russian weapons as an american.

and I don't want to play the sp campaign for mp weapons!!

GODDAMNIT

why can't everything be perfect like in BF3.

GetemMa

So this game doesn't even work on PS4 either.

My PC version is a buggy piece of shit and the PS4 MP doesn't work at all.

What a joke DICE.

You've lost yourself a customer. This is unacceptable. You wish your game was good enough to put up with this horse shit. Clue: It isn't. Not even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom