• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jharp

REALLY considering the PS4 version of this, since Killzone isn't what I wanted. I'm warming up to it and just had a couple real good games, but I really wanted the maps of KZ2 with the class and weapon design of KZ3. I got neither.

It's still good, but I feel like I'd enjoy BF4 way more... only thing preventing me from getting it is EA's bullshit pricing model for everything, and the fact that my experience with Premium on the PC version of BF3 soured me to all things Battlefield. I had a hard time finding any servers without it, but when I got it, suddenly all the premium-only servers were accessible, and that shit was gross.

According to someone talking with EA customer support on reddit Second Assault is released on November 29th for all other platforms. Amazing if true. Will have 8 more maps to play on within a few days.

I doubt DICE would release two map packs 5 days within each other

Jarlaxle

It won't.
Has there been any word on if the XB1 version works or not? I really want to play this and it's sitting downstairs right now ready for when the Xbox gets here in Friday but I'm really hesitant to take it out of the shrink wrap if it doesn't actually work.

Dueck

Banned
Has there been any word on if the XB1 version works or not? I really want to play this and it's sitting downstairs right now ready for when the Xbox gets here in Friday but I'm really hesitant to take it out of the shrink wrap if it doesn't actually work.

This is exactly where I'm at right now.

Ocho

According to someone talking with EA customer support on reddit Second Assault is released on November 29th for all other platforms. Amazing if true. Will have 8 more maps to play on within a few days.

Damn it, I don't want to buy Premium yet, they don't deserve it.

I got BF4 for basically 4$ due to the Best buy trade in any game promo and upgraded
But I just realized, it's from EA.
Lol I'm trading this in for 40$ credit Asap, and I ain't even played it yet.

Man it's not even WORKING SON!
EA is never getting my cash nor that I will want to play their games

BlackJet

So I preordered the game from best buy for the China Rising dlc and I looked and saw that the receipt doesn't have a code to enter. I know that the map pack is out yet, but I don't understand how this is supposed to work. Could anyone maybe clarify this?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So I preordered the game from best buy for the China Rising dlc and I looked and saw that the receipt doesn't have a code to enter. I know that the map pack is out yet, but I don't understand how this is supposed to work. Could anyone maybe clarify this?

You'll be entitled to buy it from the in-game store (consoles) or have it redeemed automatically on Origin (PC) depending on your buy date and CD-key/etc. etc. etc.

Otherwise buy Premium, you'll get it for "free" there already with the other map packs.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
I got BF4 for basically 4$ due to the Best buy trade in any game promo and upgraded
But I just realized, it's from EA.
Lol I'm trading this in for 40$ credit Asap, and I ain't even played it yet.

Man it's not even WORKING SON!
EA is never getting my cash nor that I will want to play their games

Sorry dude to hear that... you are missing on one great game! But guess we all have our pet peeves!

It's broken on PC and PS4. Wanna place bets??

I'll get this game as the issues are finally addressed and all the hoopla causes causes a few sales.
was in the beta and had fun. can't believe it's gotten worse. bf3 burned me on premium and shit issues. not gonna fall for it again!

ThisOne

Maybe they were paralyzed in shock someone actually lased a target.

Must have been. I just played a 30 minute game of Obliteration and there was some little scout helicopter flying around the entire game. I kept locking on and this engineer in my squad would not shoot it. Maybe it's time to bust out the PS4 mic...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Pre-orders of BF4 get China Rising free but does that also include the "new" BF3 maps?

No. Just China Rising.

What is said on the tins is what you get from the tins.

Want Second Assault for free: Get premium.

TheBear

Origin is stuck in a shitty loop of going offline and then not connecting due to it requiring an update. except I can't download the update because i'm offline (clearly i'm not)

nvm fixed

so have we talked about the watercraft on Metro yet?

ibffcFCGniVmED.gif

Must have been. I just played a 30 minute game of Obliteration and there was some little scout helicopter flying around the entire game. I kept locking on and this engineer in my squad would not shoot it. Maybe it's time to bust out the PS4 mic...

Not all of the engineer launchers can lock onto laser designated targets. The tag also doesn't last forever, I often find it's worn off by the time I'm out of immediate danger and have a chance to pull out a launcher, assuming I'm not using the rpg-7 or smaw.

DarkFlow

Banned

Seeing as EVERY version is broke in some way or another, I doubt the Xbone is a special snowflake.

smoothj

Tried playing conquest tonight on PS4... Got into 1 game out of 10 tries and it was laggy. Got disconnected after 5 min. Turned off ps4 going to bed.

Rizific

Hey, engineer retards, when I mark a target as a recon, please shoot with your missiles. thank you

hey, i do. whenever i see a marked vehicle, i drop what im doing and look for a safe place to fire from. when recons do it, i make it a point to thank them for it and to keep doing it.

Sigh... I was really enjoying the SP (PS4) and even my gf was into it. We got pretty far but had to do some stuff for a few days, came back and my entire campaign was reset (even my cloud backup was reset). Seems like this is a common bug? That is basically the worst kind of bug you can have, before just breaking your disc. Ugh. Well there goes that SP experience.

tn2007

Some 5v5 domination competition play.
http://challonge.com/LevelBF5v5testcup
3 rounds of my team, Team Basic. A team we built in 2 days of practice. We were underdogs in all 3 rounds and we made it to the semifinals. Fourth round we got smashed on by one of the best if not the best infantry BF3 team in the USA. Super fun and I recommend everyone to try competitive play out.
http://www.twitch.tv/levelbf/b/481643936
Timestamp
36:04-44:05, 1:00:20-1:31:30, 1:49:35-2:13:22

TheOther

Neo Member
Anyone on pc was able to get the MTAR21. From what I hear its unlockable by getting 1 grenade kill, one lmg kill, one assault riffle kill and one sniper riffle kill in a single round. Was that patched out already?

I think you can unlock it still. Got it yesterday myself.

Here's the rest of the unlocks for anyone that's interested and you need to get everything except the ribbons in a single round.

L85A2
Assault ribbon x3
Get a kill with a pistol in a round
Get a kill with 40mm grenade in a round
Get a kill with the defibrillator in a round

L96A1
Sniper ribbon x3
Get a kill with a shotgun in a round
Get a kill with a DMR in a round
Get a kill with C4 in a round

MTAR-21
Get a kill with an AR
Get a kill with a LMG
Get a kill with a Sniper Rifle
Get a kill with a grenade

RPK-74M
LMG ribbon 3x
Get a kill with the M224 Mortar

MP7
Anti Vehicle Ribbon x3
Destroy an air vehicle with portable AA

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
MTAR-21
Get a kill with an AR
Get a kill with a LMG

Tried it a few times, no go even if I did it in a single round. Saw some post saying the loophole was no longer working. Unless its some specific guns, level you need to have this is no longer working.

shock33

MTAR-21
Get a kill with an AR
Get a kill with a LMG

Tried it a few times, no go even if I did it in a single round. Saw some post saying the loophole was no longer working. Unless its some specific guns, level you need to have this is no longer working.

I was using it last night (uk). Bear in mind it doesn't display in battlelog or get displayed as an unlock, I only realised when I went to the load out in game and it was at the bottom of the carbine list.

MTAR-21
Get a kill with an AR
Get a kill with a LMG

Got this weapon after I joined a locker map with 64 players with it

Acinixys

Playing Lancang Dam

16/2, getting amazing RPG kills everywhere

Jump out of Littlebird on the roof at D, kill 2 squads of camping snipers and their beacons

Enemy Littlebird comes in to road kill me, misses

I drop 3 slam mines and run

BOOM

Slam'd the chopper, 4 kills and a ragefest in the chat

Game crashes

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE

Edit: The SRR sniper is an annoying POS. Seems it can OHKO at any range

Milennia

All i can play on ps4 atm is domination :/ rush and obliteration work maybe 15% of the time fore me and even then i get booted either mid game or after.

At least i can play something i guess lol, helping me level up quickly and getting used to the new controller.

Hey PC guys, what applications are you using to measure PC resource usage?

I want to help a friend with some troubleshooting. He regularly crashes to a black screen mid-match with the sounds still playing.

Thanks

Earlier in the thread I asked whether the last patch fixed PC CTDs or not, nobody replied, so here's another go at it.. Is the PC version playable now? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom