• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way man... Infantry only in Sabo can be as good as the vehicle maps.

That's probably the one time Operation Locker was fun for me. Zig-zagging with the bomb across the map to avoid people chasing me all the way to C and arming it.

I don't know that I've ever played Obliteration in an infantry-focused map (Locker, or even something like Flood Zone) and the match finished with three sites blown.

Of course, I have only been playing 64 player. It turns into a crazy ass grind, which is fine if you're trying to level up, but not so much otherwise.

Haven't played since the 1GB origin patch, so I started the game today.

First game, barley 10 seconds in it goes to a black screen with the "stand by" _ on the top right and back to desktop, but it was operation locker so the game was doing me s service really.

Second game, Shanghai, a minute or so in then a looping sound crash.

Then I played 2 full round without crashes, something I don't think I did since release (and one of them was Shanghai with the building falling)

Not sure if its better or worse, gonna try to get a longer session next time to see for sure.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I don't know that I've ever played Obliteration in an infantry-focused map (Locker, or even something like Flood Zone) and the match finished with three sites blown.

Of course, I have only been playing 64 player. It turns into a crazy ass grind, which is fine if you're trying to level up, but not so much otherwise.

Like I've said before: Maps aren't built for 64-players in mind, just like BF3's wasn't.

Yes, some maps like Shanghai can support that many but not all of them and really those rare ones are better with 32-players IMO anyway

But also modes aren't built for 64-players in mind. Locker-64 on any mode is a clusterfuck. But locker 32-player depending on the mode can be kinda fun and not a total slog like Metro was.

todahawk

I'm there as soon as I find a system. I'll be looking with some haste this weekend, since I actually have some time off and there are a few stores around (out in the boonies) that might have them.

Awesome, hope you find one... I'll be on this weekend!
Switched jet/heli buttons to veteran and sticks to southpaw... I can actually fly jets and choppers now. Happy DICE finally added a test range so I can play with everything.

I'm digging Obliteration big time, just got a service pin for plants & detonations last night. Recorded a few good matches which I'll be uploading.

Jito

Banned
BF3 all over again. I honestly don't know why DICE included them in the first place. Pre-nerf in BF3 they were annoying. Then once you played around with them post nerf as an anti-tank/LAV stealing tech, they became something of their own.

But hassling Infantry? Get out, they don't do enough damage kill.

And now in BF4 they hit random spots from where you target (so no more precision hitting tanks in the ass to disable quickly tank stealers), and need 2-3 hits on infantry to kill them.

And now can't respawn. Or get ammo quick enough to use them effectively.

Fuck it.

I think a could balance would be if you stay near the mortar the ammo reloads quicker than if you place it and hide somewhere else to use it. I've got my one mortar kill towards the RPK assignment so ill never need to use it again anyway.

Kingbrave

Played 6 rounds of rush then crash. Damnit Dice, I like your game when you work. It's a conspiracy to stop me when I'm on a roll. When I suck I can play all damn day. I'm doing good and the servers are fuck you man, fuck you. I want a hug.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
I'm confused about the DLC. So the first of the season pass packs is Second Assault, but Dragon Rising is the second? Or is Dragon Rising not considered to be one of the 5 DLC packs?

Kingbrave

...No? It's LAV/Helicopter/Tanks and infantry.

CoD's Sabotage/Oblieration is "infantry only" but that's because it's CoD.

Here the vehicles play an important role of protecting the bomb carrier or transporting them.

You haven't played it? It's probably the best new addition to the series.

Defuse is "Seach and Destroy" from Call of Duty but it's not grabbing me like S&D did in CoD4.

No way man... Infantry only in Sabo can be as good as the vehicle maps.

That's probably the one time Operation Locker was fun for me.
Zig-zagging with the bomb across the map to avoid people chasing me all the way to C and arming it.

I'm just gonna take it that you think Locker is awesome now. It's good that we can agree. lol

Jito

Banned
I'm confused about the DLC. So the first of the season pass packs is Second Assault, but Dragon Rising is the second? Or is Dragon Rising not considered to be one of the 5 DLC packs?

Dragon Rising is the first DLC for everyone else not on the Xbox One. It's out early next month and we're getting a trailer on the 26th.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Dragon Rising is the first DLC for everyone else not on the Xbox One. It's out early next month and we're getting a trailer on the 26th.

Got it, so they're promoting DLC 2 before showing off DLC 1. Can't say that makes sense to me. Also the Premium pass that I bought includes the free DLC? So my $50 only really gets me 4 map packs, and not 5?

Was just discussing how confusing this is with a friend. So I THINK:

Second Assault
Xbox One: 11/22
PS3/4, Xbox 360, PC: 12/3

China Rising
BF4 Premium: 12/1
Everyone else: 12/17

TheSeks

I'm just gonna take it that you think Locker is awesome now. It's good that we can agree. lol

NOPE.avi

Locker is still a terrible map. Ultra bad. But when it isn't a cluster fuck and has some back and forth like that Oblieration round? It can be kinda fun. But it's still a horrible map that needs to die in a fire

Kingbrave

NOPE.avi

Locker is still a terrible map. Ultra bad. But when it isn't a cluster fuck and has some back and forth like that Oblieration round? It can be kinda fun. But it's still a horrible map that needs to die in a fire

I'm sorry, all I read is blah blah you are right Kingbrave and kinda pretty,

Nameless

Conquest used to be my favorite mode, but I have only been playing Domination due to BF4 not having any good infantry maps.

I need to play more obliteration.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the sprawling Conquest maps so far. The role of infantry first players has decreased significantly and it typically turns into Hiking Simulator 2014.

Domination, however, reminds me of some of those infantry only maps in BF2 with team bases chopped off. I do miss contending with vehicles while playing, but overall I've been having the most fun with Dom.

Rush can be fun sometimes but it's terribly unbalanced. Finding competitive games is rare.

zma1013

Nope, can't do domination. Random spawns all over the damn map, getting shot in the back and sides and whatnot. I much prefer Conquest where I can choose my spawn points and have a main base position to determine the general direction of enemy forces. I much prefer planning and tactics over twitch skills and luck.

TheSeks

I'm sorry, all I read is blah blah you are right Kingbrave and kinda pretty,

Nope. Locker is still terrible. Deal with it.

zma1013 said:
Nope, can't do domination. Random spawns all over the damn map, getting shot in the back and sides and whatnot.

Sounds like weighted spawns weren't fixed.

Mazdarati

Neo Member
NOPE.avi

I'm sure you've stated specifically why you think it's "ultra bad" already, but would you mind repeating the reasons you hate it so much? What exactly is poor about the map design(other than it not working with 64 ppl)?
I agree that it's not a fun map with any player count over 32. Under 32, I find it be fun with lots of flanking routes and good infantry battle.

todahawk

Nope, can't do domination. Random spawns all over the damn map, getting shot in the back and sides and whatnot. I much prefer Conquest where I can choose my spawn points and have a main base position to determine the general direction of enemy forces. I much prefer planning and tactics over twitch skills and luck.

Same here, I try and try to like domination... but even playing with friends it's just chaos and reminds me too much of COD the way it's played. guys camp the control points and snipe or spam grenades or the toob.

I hate spawning and having to check my back almost immediately to make sure a enemy squad hasn't spawned there too.

I'll put up with the occasional base rape of conquest over the clusterfuck of chaos that domination often turns into. and yes, love what you mentioned about a main base and the general direction of action.

i really need to play rush more though, haven't tried enough of the maps yet.

RoKKeR

Any BF4 on Xbox One impressions yet? I'm deciding whether or not I'm going to use my upgrade this week or in three weeks. I think three is the safer bet at this point.

Nameless

Well obviously it's less strategic by virtue of there being less variables. But you're still rewarded for being tactical, positioning, out flanking the enemy etc... The spawn system is Russian Roulette if you don't spawn on a squad mate.

zma1013

Well obviously it's less strategic by virtue of there being less variables. But you're still rewarded for being tactical, positioning, out flanking the enemy etc... The spawn system is Russian Roulette if you don't spawn on a squad mate.

I also find spawning on squadmates being russian roulette as they are generally always engaged with an enemy, so I often spawn with bullets or grenades whizzing past my head, that is, if I don't die during the black screen transition.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Even though I unlocked 3 of the China Rising weapons when they weren't on BL, the requirements still say 0/1. Gotta do em again cause that shit bugs me.

Tak3n

Banned
Well the few reports I am getting from various forums, is that there is 'No' problems reported with the Xbox One BF4 game play

Even Conquest is working....

I said a few pages back I have a sneaky suspicion the Xbone version will launch seamlessly, and I appreciate it is a tad early to say

"I told you so" :) but keep that sentence on hold

Even though I unlocked 3 of the China Rising weapons when they weren't on BL, the requirements still say 0/1. Gotta do em again cause that shit bugs me.

Yea I noticed that too, but the weapons themselves are unlocked for me so I don't think I'll be able to repeat the assignments.

Well the few reports I am getting from various forums, is that there is 'No' problems reported with the Xbox One BF4 game play

Even Conquest is working....

I said a few pages back I have a sneaky suspicion the Xbone version will launch seamlessly, and I appreciate it is a tad early to say

"I told you so" :) but keep that sentence on hold

Most problems don't become apparent until actual users get to play the game on a large scale. I'm sure all the versions work fine in controlled environments.

But anyway, here's hoping our Xbone brothers don't have to go through the shit that PC and PS4 users are getting dragged through.

Huh. I didn't know the EMP UAV causes that CA effect every few seconds. It makes no fucking sense, but I was wondering why it would get bad at seemingly random times during gameplay.

NameGenerated

Yea I noticed that too, but the weapons themselves are unlocked for me so I don't think I'll be able to repeat the assignments.

Well I just redid the defib, pistol, he grenade one and it still says 0/1. Guess they're stuck like that forever. It's a minor ocd-esque thing but it really annoys me.

RS4-

Uh, is anyone else getting what looks like more than double xp today? My past 6 games or so have been kinda crazy.

Gained 4-5 levels in under an hour.

Cudder

Is anyone having problems with this game not saving single player progress? I'm not getting any save data is corrupt messages, it just doesn't seem to save. Every time I go to Campaign it asks me to restart.

NameGenerated

Weird, my fast attack craft score went way down. I had everything done and was going for service stars and now I haven't even unlocked the zuni rockets.

Daheza

I am new to the modern battlefields. What are these battlepacks and how do I get more of them? It seems to be the only way to unlock attachments and skins for weapons.

Grief.exe

I am new to the modern battlefields. What are these battlepacks and how do I get more of them? It seems to be the only way to unlock attachments and skins for weapons.

You get packs every two levels.

You start unlocking packs after you have unlocked the base accessories for every weapon, usually around 150 kills. After you have unlocked the base accessories, you start unlocking battlepacks every 50 kills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom