• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overdoziz

Banned
So I just tried joining a server, got kicked out and got a Punkbuster error (first time since launch) so I decided to reinstall Punkbuster. Now if I join a server I get in, play for 5 seconds and get kicked out without any error popping up. Anyone know how to fix this?

Ensirius

So I just tried joining a server, got kicked out and got a Punkbuster error (first time since launch) so I decided to reinstall Punkbuster. Now if I join a server I get in, play for 5 seconds and get kicked out without any error popping up. Anyone know how to fix this?

1) Uninstall Pubnkbuster
2) Go to your game install folder
3) Find Punkbuster folder
4) Install punkbuster from the exe found in said folder

That should do the trick

How do you kill the chromatic aberration effects on PC?

Pasting this into a notepad file and saving it as user.cfg in c:\program files (x86) \ Origin Games \ Battlefield 4 (or wherever you have installed BF4)

WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurFixedShutterTime 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurForceOn 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMax 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMaxSampleCount 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurQuality 0

Didn't work for me though.

Pasting this into a notepad file and saving it as user.cfg in c:\program files (x86) \ Origin Games \ Battlefield 4 (or wherever you have installed BF4)

WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurFixedShutterTime 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurForceOn 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMax 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMaxSampleCount 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurQuality 0

Didn't work for me though.

Seems to have gotten rid of it for me, thanks.

ThisOne

Do the 25% (50%, 100%, whatever) XP boosts start as soon as I open the Battlepack or do I activate those separately somehow? On the PS4, by the way.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Seems to have gotten rid of it for me, thanks.

Go into a server with a commander on your side/other side. Ask them to EMP.

If you don't get the effect anymore, great you're lucky.

Otherwise LOL NOPE Placebo.

vixlar

Do the 25% (50%, 100%, whatever) XP boosts start as soon as I open the Battlepack or do I activate those separately somehow? On the PS4, by the way.

You must activate it. Press start and the option would be there. This boost lasts 1 hour of gameplay. So between rounds or when you are in test range, the clock is not ticking.

Wizman23

Banned
Been playing this a ton on XB1 and it has ran pretty flawlessly. Surprised that most games I join are full rooms, even 64 player matches.

So I just popped in the game on ps4 after almost a week of letting it get fixed and it seems to run great so far. 3 games in a row with no issues at all.

Need some psn friends though as most of mine wereon 360 . Gamertag SirMossy.

Grief.exe

Assault rifle advice needed:

In BF3 I only used the F2000. What gun in BF4 is similar to the F2000?

Thanks in advance.

ACE23 and L85 are considered the best all-around guns right now.

AEK is the best short to medium range gun, though I have found success at long range by burst firing.

Try them out and see what guns you like.

Angled + Comp/Muzzle Break are considered best attachments, depends on the gun though. AC3/M416/L85 you don't necessarily need comp or muzzle.

Samus4145

Do players in tanks not realize when they are getting repaired? I've found they constantly driving away mid repair. Your health going up should be a good thing.

Gamespot has two videos of the china rising DLC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHloQANHVVw&feature=c4-overview&list=UUbu2SsF-Or3Rsn3NxqODImw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzBeFhlXBPY&feature=c4-overview&list=UUbu2SsF-Or3Rsn3NxqODImw

I'm happy that the ps4 version got patched, just in time for the ps4 release on Friday.

Nice, I was wondering when these would drop--I expect to see some from LevelCap and Jackfrags soon too.

Another Gamespot, showing an Alborz Mountain-like Altai Range: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noT6bZ9tQvw&feature=c4-overview&list=UUbu2SsF-Or3Rsn3NxqODImw

Game press gameplay, ugh.

Like I said, if Gamespot is putting out videos, I'm pretty sure the community will be able to release theirs from the event last week. One of them said they couldn't show anything until the 26th, so hopefully we'll get some good stuff.

Altai is going to be sniper heaven.

Jito

Banned
Gamespot has two videos of the china rising DLC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHloQANHVVw&feature=c4-overview&list=UUbu2SsF-Or3Rsn3NxqODImw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzBeFhlXBPY&feature=c4-overview&list=UUbu2SsF-Or3Rsn3NxqODImw

I'm happy that the ps4 version got patched, just in time for the ps4 release on Friday.

Maps are looking good. Getting some BC2 Vietnam vibes like they mentioned in the video. Do these maps not have any levelution elements as I didn't see any in those videos?

Ghost23

Quick somewhat off topic question, does the ps4 come with a PS+ trial? I want to play Battlefield online today, but I am not buying PS+ until Black Friday.

drexplora

anyone get this issue at all?
have seen it in SP and MP .

Running BF4 on PC
i7 870 @3.5ghz
8gb ddr3
evga 680gtx 2gb
corsair tx650w

kqMlvPr.jpg

don't happen too often but just curious as to what causes it.

Do players in tanks not realize when they are getting repaired? I've found they constantly driving away mid repair. Your health going up should be a good thing.

Unfortunately, it is difficult to tell unless you stare at your health. DICE should have a "being repaired" notification/icon.

TheSeks

Yesss, dirt bikes are back.

But only for those four maps and not adding them to future/vanilla maps as well like BF3, yeah?

That's something that's been disappointing me since BC2: They add these maps and new things with those maps but not a lot translates over. While guns have translated over in BF3 (good) modes (like CTF) haven't (which is bad).

I would like to play CTF on Oman in BF3, for instance: But can't. Because DICE didn't put in the time/teams to do that/figure it out.

Just crashed out of conquest. 6 games in though so not too bad.

Edit: now I'm getting the "no free commander slots" bug when I'm not asking to play as commander. And it's coming up with only 2 or 3 free servers. Hasn't been fixed at all by the looks of it :(

Ensirius

I'm a little worried guys. I'm seeing people with MP7 running around and according to my battlelog this weapon needs china rising for the mission to unlock it to even be available. I bought the battlefield + china rising pack, but my "china rising requirement" on the mp7 is greyed out... Is anybody else having this issue?

TheSeks

I'm a little worried guys. I'm seeing people with MP7 running around and according to my battlelog this weapon needs china rising for the mission to unlock it to even be available. I bought the battlefield + china rising pack, but my "china rising requirement" on the mp7 is greyed out... Is anybody else having this issue?

No. Because DICE fucked up and if you meet the requirements you unlock it despite China Rising not being out.

So go do the assignments and then look in your loadouts for them.

What's up with this game not tallying up ribbons obtained correctly? I'm trying to get the Recon Expert medal which lists one of the requirements to have obtained 50 Marksman Ribbons. My ribbon count says I have 30 but the Recon Expert assignment log only lists 21/50?

TheSeks

What's up with this game not tallying up ribbons obtained correctly? I'm trying to get the Recon Expert medal which lists one of the requirements to have obtained 50 Marksman Ribbons. My ribbon count says I have 30 but the Recon Expert assignment log only lists 21/50?

Battlelog screwing up, or you got some of those before the assignment so they don't count to the unlocked assignment.

Im struggling to be any good at this game and think I may benefit from playing in a proper squad and not with randoms, any xbone players want to add me?gt urbanpanda (live in the uk).

I'm on PS4 but I was getting murdered in Conquest. Finally joined some friends in a squad and we dominated. What a difference a good squad makes.

Battlelog screwing up, or you got some of those before the assignment so they don't count to the unlocked assignment.

Ah that makes sense, thanks. Also regarding the China Rising DLC weapons you mentioned, do you have to complete all requirements for the assignment in one match? I've been trying to get the L96A1 but to no avail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom