• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTKT

It's worth mentioning that any air asset is rendered useless by one good AA driver. Don't beat yourself too badly if you can't do anything.

M416 (lol) just with laser/light switcher and T rds.. Gun is just dumb.

Ace 23, same thing as above lol.

Pretty much this, at least for me right now (I don't have the L85A1 unlocked).

M416 and ACE 23 with angled grip and compensator (I think--whichever further reduces muzzle climb) are no recoil assholes.

Yes, to just get shot down immediately. Its a waste of time and a life every single time I do it. I'm just gonna give up on it. I was really motivated to learn to become a decent pilot this time around, but its impossible.

EDIT: I'm just frustrated. Really fucking frustrated. I'll be back, but I really am garbage this time for some reason. I rarely ever even crack 1:1 K/D ratio. I don't know what the fuck is wrong.

I think that happens to all of us. I know it happens with me. I can play games where I have 2-3 KDR, and I'll stop playing only to come back a few hours later and never crack 1 KDR.

Seanspeed

Banned
practice on the test range mano, it helped me get better with the AGM on teh attack craft. fly that little bird untill you can strafe circles around that center building. practice low and fast.

just try to have fun and change things up if you're dying. go with some weird new loadout. fuck around with smoke grenades!

Er- use the respawning UAV's in the test range to get your grips on firing on vehicles, same for the ground vehicles. You need to get to grips on using the machine guns and other stuff to hit those targets.

Once you've got that, learn to "fly smooth" in turning and speed increase/decreaasing playing factors in that.

If you know of an unranked (or ranked, I guess but I don't recommend this for stat sake) air-training servers, go there. Reddit had one for PS3 on BF3 I dunno if they have one for PC in BF3 or BF4 but it's a good starting place to have someone tell you what you're doing wrong if you really want to learn.
I can fly. I can shoot things. I just cant stay alive. Too many god damn experts at this already.

Grief.exe

Pretty much this, at least for me right now (I don't have the L85A1 unlocked).

M416 and ACE 23 with angled grip and compensator (I think--whichever further reduces muzzle climb) are no recoil assholes.

Comp reduces horizontal recoil, muzzle is vertical recoil.

Compensator is more prominent as you can more easily account for vertical climb than horizontal, and makes for a tight bullet spread.

Yes, to just get shot down immediately. Its a waste of time and a life every single time I do it. I'm just gonna give up on it. I was really motivated to learn to become a decent pilot this time around, but its impossible.

Play conquest small on paracel storm, there are no jets and no AA guns. Take the littlebird and get 1 friend (or 2 for invincible mode) to repair the chopper while they use stingers. Also throw an ammo pack on the wing and they'll have infinite stingers

Others choppers don't stand a chance when you have a friend shooting stingers from the passanger seat + repairing

Great article by Symthic on the rocket launchers: http://symthic.com/blog/?p_Engineer_Launchers-6113

Found this very interesting:

The SRAW's unique property is that it must be guided by the user for its entire flight (except when fired at a laser-designated target). What's more, if an object comes between you and your target, the missile will veer off, seeking to redirect towards the new object, and likely not hit the target you were aiming for. However, this affords the SRAW a unique capability. A rocket fired towards the sky will continue in its original path, and the launcher can be reloaded, a second rocket fired, and both rockets will fly towards the new target marked by the user. This can be a catastrophic waste of two rockets if used improperly, but, with practice, one can bring two rockets crashing down on a tank at the same time.

Additionally, because of the rocket's low velocity and guidance system, one can hit the back of a tank that is facing you. This is more challenging than it sounds, but, with two rockets, it allows one to instantly disable a tank. Using the SRAW in this way takes practice to master, but it is what makes the FGM-172 SRAW a uniquely capable launcher. For most, however, getting this to work reliably in the heat of a firefight is too much, and a guided launcher like the MBT LAW or a dumb-fire launcher like the MK152 SMAW is a much easier and safer choice.

The issue of angle and side multipliers on tanks is a complicated one, with a lot of math involved, which we do not have the room to discuss here. We will discuss it in a later blog post, but, for now, we hope that we can at least elucidate for you the advantages and drawbacks of the various anti-tank and anti-air launchers.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
(Proceed to show montage of tank destruction with sraw and rpg) I find it fine, just get rear or side shots.

(Proceed to show montage of throwing entire RPG supply at tanks ass, get a disable after the fourth or fifth shot.)

(Proceed to show the tank moving behind cover and having an engineer repair said damage while VTEC tanks self-repair kicks in just as well, yo)

(Proceed to point at that and show that DICE needs to buff RPG's or turn off repairs on tank disable like it should fucking be like BF3.)

Really, WHY THE FUCK DOES A DISABLED TANK SELF-REPAIR AND GET OFF A DISABLE!?

Maybe just maybe the pitiful RPG damage would then be kinda useful because at least then tanks wouldn't be able to get behind cover and self-repair with no engineers said damage/disable off and be totally fine.

drexplora

anyone get this issue at all?
have seen it in SP and MP .

Running BF4 on PC
i7 870 @3.5ghz
8gb ddr3
evga 680gtx 2gb
corsair tx650w

kqMlvPr.jpg

don't happen too often but just curious as to what causes it.

anyone?
just trying to make sure this isn't a sign of GPU damage and just a sign of Battlefield 4 damage...
:D

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Just played for about three hours straight before a crash >_>

Had just unlocked the ACW-R too. Game is a blast though. Really smooth on PS4.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You can keep your SRAW while tanks duck behind cover and repair themselves from a disable dude. I'll keep railing on this change until I get a disable AND them requiring an engineer to get out of disable.

The only "oh shit" panic RPG's do this outing is mobility disables. If you luck out and get that? Tank may be done.

Otherwise the tank hauls ass behind cover and just repairs itself with no engineer needed to do it.

Which is bullshit.

So I haven't touched this game in weeks, what's the state of the PC version?

I just fired it up for the first time in awhile - I don't know, they're slowly cleaning it up little by little, but it's still the worst BF I've played in awhile. It's really the netcode, and if they don't fix it this game isn't going anywhere for me. And I'm certainly not giving them another dime for these expansions.

I get bored/frustrated after a couple rounds and have to log. I never felt like this with BF3.

Well, today I am unable to play a Shanghai conquest large game for more than 15 minutes before BF4 locks up. All the other maps seem to run fine, and Shanghai ran great even yesterday. sigh. One of these days.

AmyS

I have not downloaded the BF4 update yet. I haven't even turned on my PS4 today.

Is it possible to *not* download the update?

Mononoke

Banned
By the way this game on xbox one runs like butter. no lag, very few stutters

How does it look graphically? I'm considering getting it for Xbox One because I need another game. Does the impusle triggers work with it?

Thing is I have a 55 inch 1080p HDTV. Anyone on here have a 1080p TV play the X1 version? Curious if it really looks poor or not.

Nameless

Now I just pretend I'm playing a Terminator game where it's natural for enemies to walk through three shotgun blasts to the upper body and instakill you with a pistol.

Divus

Now I just pretend I'm playing a Terminator game where it's natural for enemies to walk through three shotgun blasts to the upper body and instakill you with a pistol.

I was just playing that game. 3 or 4 shots at point blank range and nothing.

For some reason I could only join 1 server. Every other game crashed 1 second after pressing join.

c3t

Banned
Has anyone experienced black textures on the One? I have seen it three times. When they did appear it was random, and when you stared at them long enough, they begin to spread. Can't really explain it. It'll start off small, and then spread, but if you look somewhere else, and then back to it, everything is normal.

Steel

Banned
Has anyone experienced black textures on the One? I have seen it three times. When they did appear it was random, and when you stared at them long enough, they begin to spread. Can't really explain it. It'll start off small, and then spread, but if you look somewhere else, and then back to it, everything is normal.

That sounds creepy.

ISOM

I have unlocked a bunch vehicle upgrades but I am unable to actually use them in game. Am I doing something wrong here? Anyone have a similar problem?

Mayyhem

I did not experience this yet (8 hours played) but my friend who has about 3 hours played experienced it tonight while we were playing and described it similar to what you just said. Sounds fucked up. I cant wait until this game is cleared of most of these bugs and glitches

I have unlocked a bunch vehicle upgrades but I am unable to actually use them in game. Am I doing something wrong here? Anyone have a similar problem?

I unlocked the final few upgrades for the mobile AA in a single game a few days ago. Even got the service star for the vehicle class. Now I go to Battlelog and they're missing. I'm hoping scoring points with the vehicle again will re-unlock them and it's not bugged out.

I have questions about a couple of ribbons. Firstly, what is the marksman ribbon exactly? The Battlelog description says that you need to get a headshot from 250m. I have 3 of these ribbons and yet my career longest headshot is 213m.

Also, how are you ever supposed to get the Commander leadership ribbon? You need 10 squad leaders to accept your order in a game to get one. I've got 3 service stars playing as a commander and I don't think I've gotten 10 squad leaders in totality to accept my order, let alone in one game.

I unlocked the final few upgrades for the mobile AA in a single game a few days ago. Even got the service star for the vehicle class. Now I go to Battlelog and they're missing. I'm hoping scoring points with the vehicle again will re-unlock them and it's not bugged out.

I have questions about a couple of ribbons. Firstly, what is the marksman ribbon exactly? The Battlelog description says that you need to get a headshot from 250m. I have 3 of these ribbons and yet my career longest headshot is 213m.

Also, how are you ever supposed to get the Commander leadership ribbon? You need 10 squad leaders to accept your order in a game to get one. I've got 3 service stars playing as a commander and I don't think I've gotten 10 squad leaders in totality to accept my order, let alone in one game.

yeah, i got ONE so far. you really need to be lucky.

So I'm playing the campaign, how the fuck do you do pass the Singapore airfield mission without having a thousand tank shells shoved straight into my ass? The game is only giving me this light armor vehicle and it might as well be a godamn paper airplane.

This is terrible. Should I even continue this?

Edit: watching a YouTube walkthrough, They got a fucking Abrams? And this game gives me this fucking LAV?!. Fuck this.

ISOM

The thing is that NONE of my vehicle unlocks are showing up in game. I unlocked guided shell but I don't see an locking on option when I'm using the tank. I unlocked tow missle for infantry vehicle but nope, don't see that either.

*plays Operation Locker Rush*

"Finally, I'm about to see the end of the map on this damn mode for the first time. I can't wai..."

*error occured. Application closed*

Fuck

Overdoziz

Banned
Has anyone else on PC had issues with connecting to certain servers? For some servers it'll just tell me that I "couldn't connect to server" and nothing else while I can join other just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom