• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainless

Anybody notice the CA is worse on certain maps? For me I am mostly fine on Golmud, Rogue and Hainan, or I just don't notice as much, but when I get on that Zavod map it happens so often it is pretty annoying to deal with.

I Havnt unlocked them all yet BUT. all the starter guns for every class are decent. At least rank in the middle for their type.

Its just going to take testing out each sniper rifle to figure out which suits your style.

You'll probably have a different one for medium and long range

I guess I'm just not sure why I'd have that separation. If the reload speed is the same for all (and it appears to be the case), why would one be better for medium range? Am I misunderstanding the "range" listing? I interpreted that as an indicator of bullet velocity or how far a bullet can go before it starts to be effected by the bullet drop mechanic. If that's the case, then sniper rifles should all be the same at medium ranges and vary in effectiveness only at longer ranges where some have maxed range+accuracy+damage stats and others do not. I guess it's just that inside of 100m, I don't see any difference between any of them outside of the shapes of the crosshairs in the scopes and the magazine capacity.

That said, I've never put a short/medium range scope on any of them, so maybe that's it. I'm just not really clear.

todahawk

Did the PS4 patch affect the stinger missiles? I swear last night I was putting 3-4 into attack helicopters and not taking them down. And yes, I was getting the hit markers and damage numbers for each missile.
I had that happen on one map but it was me vs a ground attack jet. emptied my all my stingers into him and got hit indicators on each one and mobility kills but he wouldn't go down. don't recall it happening later though.

I've been exclusively using the mini ones. They're still pretty strong and you've got three of them which is nice.
yep, the mini's are nice for throwing into cover and spacing them horizontally when you don't know the exact location of enemies that are dug in.

I am officially addicted to this game. This is the game I am the worst player at that I have enjoyed the most. I used to kick ass in B2 and B2042 (Mouse and KB). But even with the suckage (KDR 0.50) I am enjoying every second of this monster.
some GAF and I played obliteration last night and I'm officially hooked on that mode... i've been practicing the little bird and it paid off well last night. flying in for pick ups, gettng shot to hell and somehow making it out alive and flying between buildings. holy shit what a rush. even randoms were on the ball and hopping into to vehicles... I even gave up my mobile AA to the bomb carrier so he could drive it in. K/D was .75 to 1 but I didn't care, we won almost all of our matches and had a ton of fun.

wrongway

Speaking of Sniper rifles: is there a reason to use the first few sniper rifles after you unlock the last few?

Yeah, now that I have the SRR-61, I don't know why I'd use anything else. It seems like it's far and away the best bolt-action statistically, plus it looks neat and sounds fantastic. :x

Ocho

Tank was already damage and in the open.

Call me when you're fighting a 100% tank and they go behind cover from a disable (like Shanghai Attack first set) and have twenty people between you and it.

Bullet penetrated/hit more than one target. So yeah, "double kills" in a fashion.

Multi-kills with explosives? Shotguns? :eek:

I kind of agree with you, Seks. As a Vehicle Enthusiast, launcher can really only get me when I do dumb stuff like go in to a very dangerous/crowded situation. I'm far more scared of mines and C4 (and other vehicles) than launchers. Then again, in groups they can be very lethal.

By the way, fire extinguisher is the most OP countermeasure. Ah, you disabled me? No problem, let me extinguish my disable, fall back 300 meters, repair my tank, and come back for you. Makes launcher even more useless.

Regarding 125% accuracy, I wonder if it detects a hit on a tank with a gunner as a double hit.

Last night I played with a Gaffer and a random and man, the random was SO ANGRY!!!!
He blamed the game, the weapon, the inputs, his teammates, his opponents, and called people "blueberries?" I tried to calm him down and felt like I was talking to my 5 year old daughter; "its okay, just take a break from that area and go somewhere else"

I can't even get angry at this game. I just get really sad/disappointed when I am doing well and I get a crash, thus losing all those points/unlocks/kills/dog tags/stats/progress.

Is there anyone that has luck with the attack helicopter? I can't find a way to survive more than two minutes.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
If I try and play BF4 again on PS4, will I run the risk of the game crashing and corrupting my save again.

Zareth

By the way, does anyone else get the sniping in this game? I'm not sure how much I need to lead by if at all. It seems my shots never hit.

It's just one of those things that you need to keep practicing and eventually it will click. I would suggest going into the training field and practice on some of the moving targets that they have set up at in there at various ranges till you get the hang of it.

splattered

It's just one of those things that you need to keep practicing and eventually it will click. I would suggest going into the training field and practice on some of the moving targets that they have set up at in there at various ranges till you get the hang of it.

How much does the bullet drop scope adjustment really come into play with sniping in this game? I never used it in bf3(if it was available?) but saw it on the first sniper rifle available in the recon class and I'm like uhhh huh? haha

Does anyone have issues with the M4/M16? Burst fire never quite works for me--I don't know if I'm just doing it wrong, but a lot of times I'll be rapidly burst firing and its like my mouse clicks don't register, so nothing fires. I get that clicking in the middle of a burst won't do anything, but if I'm rapidly clicking, I figured I'd be landing more shots. Am I lacking in skills?

dude i need to be able to solo a tank with 40MM smoke grenades bro.

Hahah, it's funny, because I think in the beta, the 40MM HE did something like 10-20 damage to tanks.

Last night I played with a Gaffer and a random and man, the random was SO ANGRY!!!!
He blamed the game, the weapon, the inputs, his teammates, his opponents, and called people "blueberries?" I tried to calm him down and felt like I was talking to my 5 year old daughter; "its okay, just take a break from that area and go somewhere else"

I can't even get angry at this game. I just get really sad/disappointed when I am doing well and I get a crash, thus losing all those points/unlocks/kills/dog tags/stats/progress.

Is there anyone that has luck with the attack helicopter? I can't find a way to survive more than two minutes.

you don't call the random teammates in other squads blueberries or smurfs?

How do you actually use the air burst?

look at the ledge/wall/corner/doorway/etc the enemy is hiding behind then ADS and you should see the red text say LOCK, then aim over or to the side of whatever you just locked onto and fire. the explosive will detonate a few feet behind the lock distance.

GJS

How much does the bullet drop scope adjustment really come into play with sniping in this game? I never used it in bf3(if it was available?) but saw it on the first sniper rifle available in the recon class and I'm like uhhh huh? haha

Zeroing the scope wasn't in BF3.

The usefulness really depends on the rifle and how much the bullet drops. So with like the CS-LR4, L96, and the JNG-90 I needed to use it.

The SRR-61 however has barely any bullet drop so you don't really need to zero until like 300/400m+.

you don't call the random teammates in other squads blueberries or smurfs?

I am not familiar with these terms.
Blueberriess = scrubs/not skilled?
Smurfs = That cartoon that makes me wonder why there is only one girl?
250px-The_Smurfs_%281981_TV_series%29_title_card.jpg

I dunno man, I don't like to make fun of players as long as they at least participate in the battle. Last time I got upset was when the AA guy stayed in the Headquarters not supporting the next point that was getting mauled by the heli.

Some people get SO angry. I don't get it.

Warablo

Anyone know when the double XP goes live? Like does it come earlier because of Europe time zones?

and on the topic of zeroing in a scope and such.. I don't I get it, it doesn't seem like my scope changes or affects anything.. Though I haven't unlocked a range finder, I have only fiddle with it a couple of times..

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...px-The_Smurfs_(1981_TV_series)_title_card.jpg

I dunno man, I don't like to make fun of players as long as they at least participate in the battle. Last time I got upset was when the AA guy stayed in the Headquarters not supporting the next point that was getting mauled by the heli.

you're overthinking things... their icons are blue on the map...

Zareth

I personally haven't used it much but with the range finder attachment I'm sure it could be useful on shots greater then 200m. Otherwise I have just learned how far to aim above someone through trail and error using the pips that a lot of the scopes have to judge how much my bullet has dropped in relation to the center of the crosshair.

vixlar

250px-The_Smurfs_%281981_TV_series%29_title_card.jpg

It is because the markers of your teammates that are not in your squad are blue.

GJS

I personally haven't used it much but with the range finder attachment I'm sure it could be useful on shots greater then 200m. Otherwise I have just learned how far to aim above someone through trail and error using the pips that a lot of the scopes have.

Anyone know when the double XP goes live? Like does it come earlier because of Europe time zones?

and on the topic of zeroing in a scope and such.. I don't I get it, it doesn't seem like my scope changes or affects anything.. Though I haven't unlocked a range finder, I have only fiddle with it a couple of times..

You can use the PLD to range find. It's also the best way to spot players.

You can't blame that guy. It was Locker Conquest. hahaha

Seriously, though, I wasn't saying anything because I thought he was a friend of yours. Could have sworn he was muttering racial slurs under his breath, too.

Ocho

Found on reddit:

Tank Shell Velocity Comparison: AP vs HE vs Sabot

x9kLhl2.gif

I've been using HE a lot. I'm getting used to it, but I still miss some long range shots. Not sure if worth or not. Maybe I should go Sabot in Goldmud only.

Ocho

Info on the PC patch

We are verifying the upcoming PC patch and making sure it is good to go. We are aiming to get this patch out the week of Dec 2. Right now, we don’t have a set date for it, but here’s what it will include. Stay tuned for more updates in the Battlefield 4 Control Room.

PC Game Update Notes
-Removed the blur effect on soldiers that appeared when Commanders were using EMP attacks
-Fixed the audio bug where audio sometimes randomly dropped out while playing on certain multiplayer maps (typically Golmud Railway and Hainan Resort)
-Fixed the "one-hit kill bug" where occasionally damage from a single bullet was applied multiple times
- Fixed a common crash that would occur when exiting from the Single Player Campaign to Main Menu
-Tweaked the network and computer performance screen to show proper values. Players can now test their computer and network connection and get recommendations if they need to adjust something to improve their gameplay experience.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064769163140123/

todahawk

You can't blame that guy. It was Locker Conquest. hahaha

Seriously, though, I wasn't saying anything because I thought he was a friend of yours. Could have sworn he was muttering racial slurs under his breath, too.

Should've recommended Locker Obliteration...
Played with Mush [GAF!] last night and it was his first time with that map/mode and the bomb was dropped in that one hallway in the center of the map. Billions and billions of grenades & RPGs.

It's hilarious when the round first begins and it's quiet except for the sounds of running and then you hear a massive barrage of full automatic fire echoing through the corridors.

Kemal86

Spent way too long trying to get the 5 bomb delivery PS4 trophy... didn't manage a single one :( I guess they'll come over time...ugh.

Reckoner

Spent way too long trying to get the 5 bomb delivery PS4 trophy... didn't manage a single one :( I guess they'll come over time...ugh.

Doing that, you're not playing the way you're supposed to and you're not helping your team either. Trophies will come when you just focus on playing good.

jond76

Banned
Wanted to check here and see if anyone else has this happening to them...

I have Premium, downloaded and installed, but that set of maps are always empty. I can join them and run around, but no one is ever on them. I can't imagine that that's the case. Thoughts?

Steel

Banned
Found on reddit:

Tank Shell Velocity Comparison: AP vs HE vs Sabot

x9kLhl2.gif

I've been using HE a lot. I'm getting used to it, but I still miss some long range shots. Not sure if worth or not. Maybe I should go Sabot in Goldmud only.

Completely worth it in tank vs tank warfare, at range just lob your shots. I just use my HMG for infantry at range. Helps that it also works on the light vehicles and helis. Nice find btw.

sflufan

Banned
Wanted to check here and see if anyone else has this happening to them...

I have Premium, downloaded and installed, but that set of maps are always empty. I can join them and run around, but no one is ever on them. I can't imagine that that's the case. Thoughts?

None of the Premium DLC maps have been officially released yet.

Milennia

Ok just got the .45 old school trophy lol... That does it for the online trophies, so now i can focus on just playing the game at my own pace.

Orcus

Thanks for replying. I just wonder how it will look on a 55 inch tv where pixels are bigger.
I don't have a 55, but I do have a 48 and it looks great on it. I sit about 6' from my TV. There is some noticeable aliasing, but otherwise the IQ looks good.

I'm loving this game even though I'm new to the franchise; I just need some people to squad up with.

Bombless

Completely worth it in tank vs tank warfare, at range just lob your shots. I just use my HMG for infantry at range. Helps that it also works on the light vehicles and helis. Nice find btw.

I was running guided shell for a while because I had the soflam on the gunner, but in reality barely anyone uses it :( I also have the STAFF shell unlocked but haven't tried it yet. Will probably go back to HMG though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom