• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't blame that guy. It was Locker Conquest. hahaha

Seriously, though, I wasn't saying anything because I thought he was a friend of yours. Could have sworn he was muttering racial slurs under his breath, too.

Thats not cool. He was raging also in that open tank level too.

No that guy was a random. My other friend(I think we played GTA5 with you) is a huge flight sim/Arma guy. Kinda dragged him into the game and I hope will wreck shop in a plane.

Spl1nter

The best type of roadkill. Although I have a much harder time pulling them off. Especially on guys parachuting.

iXcReFmCAOK4v.gif

Spl1nter

Is the PLD a better range finder than the range finder attachment unlock?

They serve different purposes. They can coexist as well. PLD servers more than one function. But if you prefer two other gadgets than you got the rangefinder at the cost of variable scope.

Personally I always run with tugs/motion balls and c4/spawn beacon. Depends on the situation and mode.

Thats not cool. He was raging also in that open tank level too.

No that guy was a random. My other friend(I think we played GTA5 with you) is a huge flight sim/Arma guy. Kinda dragged him into the game and I hope will wreck shop in a plane.

Oh, nice. Felt so awkard to hear him raging so hard.

All things considered with this game's problems, I'm having a hell of a time. I haven't played a FPS so avidly on console since Halo 1 & 2, and on PC since the HL series. I suck hard, but god damn is it fun.

So, the MTAR and L96 etc (the ones they accidentlly patched in) are from China Rising, not Second Assault? Or is there a second set I don't know about.

Spl1nter

nice!

how did you get the Canadian flag on the tail fin, is that from the Emblem maker on battlelog?

Yes, its my emblem. Its awesome how much hate in chat is directed towards being canadian.

So, the MTAR and L96 etc (the ones they accidentlly patched in) are from China Rising, not Second Assault? Or is there a second set I don't know about.

Second assault weapons are F2000, AS Val, M60E4, DAO-12, and GOL Magnum. Other ones are China Rising.

Found on reddit:

Tank Shell Velocity Comparison: AP vs HE vs Sabot

x9kLhl2.gif

I've been using HE a lot. I'm getting used to it, but I still miss some long range shots. Not sure if worth or not. Maybe I should go Sabot in Goldmud only.

Velocity aside, are there damage numbers out for these rounds vs armor? Because that's all I really care about. I've been using strictly Sabot for awhile now, but if the AP round does more damage then I'd switch to that.

Is the PLD a better range finder than the range finder attachment unlock?

It's better in the fact that it does a LOT more than the attachment does. It's incredible for spotting hidden enemies and lasing targets for Engineers.

The attachment is more for if you wanna run with a motion sensor too. The attachment is also faster at acquiring your range and zeroing to that because the PLD has to be equipped and then used

But I'd pick the PLD any day over it, if only for the infrared vision it gives you. Super handy for seeing other snipers on rooftops from far away or guys in bushes

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I am so bad at staying alive in 64 player Conquest :lol

Game is definitely more of a grind to unlock stuff than BF3 but it's a blast when everything goes well.

What is the best Assault rifle for the Assault class? I want an opinion from gaf. I heard it's either the ACE 23 or M416.

Here is a detailed comparison of the most popular assault rifles. I have no personal experience though, I only play as an engineer.

EDIT: though looking at the stats, I'd say it's a tossup between the ACE 23 with a heavy barrel or the AEK-971 with a compensator.

Oh yeah, that's right, the new China Rising assault rifle (the L85) seems to be very good, but I don't think there are hard numbers for it yet.

Grief.exe

What is the best Assault rifle for the Assault class? I want an opinion from gaf. I heard it's either the ACE 23 or M416.

L85 is considered the best all-around assault rifle right now. Higher rounds per minute than the M416 and the ACE, but still retains that low recoil.
Angled Grip + Comp/Muzzle are the best attachments, though you don't really need the latter for these three guns.

If you can handle the recoil, AEK is still the best all-around gun, though new players won't be able to handle it as effectively.

Pop

Well the game crashes are back(Ps4) for me at least. Just lost about 40 mins of gaming. I'm done with this until it's fixed.

Any word on the best carbines? I find myself using them with both engineer and assault classes. They feel a lot better to me than assault rifles for some reason.

Grief.exe

Any word on the best carbines? I find myself using them with both engineer and assault classes. They feel a lot better to me than assault rifles for some reason.

I just started using them and I am really liking the ACW-R (AKA the AC Dub).

Great rounds per minute and manageable recoil. Reminds me of the AEK.

If its a little too much, you might want to give the SG553, A-91, M4, and the ACE 21 a try. They all sit around 800 RPM.

I can't wait to unlock the ACE 52. That thing does 45 damage per shot, but a horrible RPM.

Rizific

I am currently using the MTAR - high RPM and little recoil.

are these still the requirements to unlock the mtar?

Get a kill with an AR
Get a kill with a LMG
Get a kill with a Sniper Rifle
Get a kill with kill with a grenade

edit: yep it is. just did it.

Gaz_RB

I fell in love with Carbines recently too. I was doing pretty bad with ARs, then I switched to carbines and I my K/D skyrocketed haha

I use the ACE

Reese-015

Wait...
"- Fixed a common crash that would occur when exiting from the Single Player Campaign to Main Menu "

THIS IS THE ONLY CRASH FIX IN THE PATCH?

The game doesn't even run on my computer and goes straight to "Battlefield 4 has stopped working" and this is an issue that tons of people are experiencing... This is not even being addressed? Man... Infuriating.

did ea fucking test this game at all. Its like you buying garbage. i have this game i cannot play the story keeps rebooting. Its annoying after spending money on this.

The AK5C is probably the best carbine. Low recoil, the highest muzzle velocity, and a decent RoF. I use the holo, angled grip, heavy barrel, and laser on it. My go to weapon in BF4.

Third revive glitch I've gotten in the last two nights. This would be less infuriating if I would quit/rejoin. Instead I will sit here out of spite.

Hate.

BlindRage

Third revive glitch I've gotten in the last two nights. This would be less infuriating if I would quit/rejoin. Instead I will sit here out of spite.

Hate.

Yeah it sucks, happened two games in a row to me on 360.

When does double xp start? Hoping to get to 25 tomorrow so that I can trade up to x1 version Friday.

antitrop

Decided to boot this game back up for the first time in a few weeks with some TDM and had a fucking blast.

Just absolutely shits all over Call of Duty: Ghosts, I feel stupid for buying that game. BF4 is the shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom