• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

zma1013

Okay, what did they do to BF4 now? Can't get into any server at the moment. Stuck on joining room with the BF4 client not appearing at all.

DryvBy

Okay, what did they do to BF4 now? Can't get into any server at the moment. Stuck on joining room with the BF4 client not appearing at all.

PS4 or PC? I've been playing PS4 all morning with only one problem: friend's games aren't showing up.

derFeef

3jeu1gE.gif

God I love XM25 sniping from roof <3

XM25 is my best weapon in the stats, it's so fucking good.

Grief.exe

3jeu1gE.gif

God I love XM25 sniping from roof <3

Rooftop campers are never very good, its always fun to run up there, take them all out, then go back to playing the game.

A huge problem in a map like Zavod on Dom, though. You can't get up to the very top roof if they have the hatch closed off. Actually a very solid strategy to put a spawn becon up there, and drop an entire squad on any flag.

elyetis

Rooftop campers are never very good, its always fun to run up there
Yup that's what someone did twice. Came in transport chopper, parachute, die from my PKP, come back 5 min later, crash into the building & die without my help. Then he did go back to playing the game, leaving me live my life.

But yeah killing camper is always a nice feeling, even more so when there is a bunch of them at the same place; which was the reason I went there in the first place ( but choose to stay there and give some other kind of fire power from a roof, than they did ).
A huge problem in a map like Zavod on Dom, though. You can't get up to the very top roof if they have the hatch closed off. Actually a very solid strategy to put a spawn becon up there, and drop an entire squad on any flag.
Yup, that's exactly why Zavod is one of the very few map where I sometimes use the mortar.

a916

God my K/D ratio takes a hit when I use a new gun. The iron sights are horrible in this game. I wish each gun started with some kind of scope.

The worst was trying to unlock the DMR. Sniping is not my thing lol.

Small barrier to entry to what I consider an amazing class of weapons.

Grief.exe

Yup, that's exactly why Zavod is one of the very few map where I sometimes use the mortar.

Interesting. I will give that a try

...of course I very rarely use the support kit. I was actually leveling it up a little the other day though. I have never even spawned in as recon.

Naked Lunch

Can someone explain how to use the XM25? It says something about aim at cover to it find its range then it explodes 3 feet past - im not understanding how this works.

Grief.exe

Can someone explain how to use the XM25? It says something about aim at cover to it find its range then it explodes 3 feet past - im not understanding how this works.

Aim at cover for a second with just your crosshair.
ADS and aim over that cover.
shots will go off 3 feet behind cover.

elyetis

Interesting. I will give that a try

...of course I very rarely use the support kit. I was actually leveling it up a little the other day though. I have never even spawned in as recon.
Support is my most played kit, too few of them while ammo are actually quite important ( mostly for engineer and their rpg ), and I really wanted C4 on something else than recon. And it's starting weapon ( U-100 ) is actually quite a beast.

Naked Lunch

Aim at cover for a second with just your crosshair.
ADS and aim over that cover.
shots will go off 3 feet behind cover.
I get it now thanks, I was doing it 100% aim down sights and for some reason I thought it auto shot passed cover while aiming at it. Will give this a shot tonight.

DeaviL

Banned
Rooftop campers are never very good, its always fun to run up there, take them all out, then go back to playing the game.

Funny enough, the team that is losing usually has loads of people on top of those buildings.

ACESmkII

Can somebody explain to me why every time I log on it says I unlocked new stuff with the orange tabs even though nothing new has been unlocked. It's like it does not remember I clicked on those tabs.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Kill Deaths tumbling hard when I play with ya'll. Bad spawns and having to go through blinding grey out of bounds notifications to get the bomb. D:

TheContact

Anyone have a gtx 460 and can tell me how this runs? I was going to wait for my vid card upgrade to buy this but with the $25 deal I couldn't pass it up

So don't play conquest if you want XP bonus. I probably just wasted over an hour on two games and crashed out near the end on both of them. This game is so fucking frustrating.

(PS4 version)

TheSeks

Just making the game interesting. Locker pretty boring without using out-of-bounds.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm surprised that's a possible route. But grey-brown + blinding white snow != mix.

Basically a grey blob that is glowing and it's hard as hell to see if I'm going up or down the side.

Barzul

Hey guys I stupidly missed out on the China rising + B4 deal for $25, anyway I can get that xpac separately or am I outta luck?

Grief.exe

Hey guys I stupidly missed out on the China rising + B4 deal for $25, anyway I can get that xpac separately or am I outta luck?

BF4 is $20 today on Origin, $25 limited edition that comes with China Rising.

I'm guessing you don't play on PC though.

Prices available through some kind of Mcdonalds promotion on top of the Black Friday sale that is ongoing.

elyetis

A more 'moraly right' way of using the XM25 ( yeah gif spam sorry ; ; )

6v8qBA4.gif

y3TSHRa.gif

Again another round with more than half of my kill done with the xm25.... That gadget.

edit : erf I should avoid those 'play' in the corner

Barzul

BF4 is $20 today on Origin, $25 limited edition that comes with China Rising.

I'm guessing you don't play on PC though.

Prices available through some kind of Mcdonalds promotion on top of the Black Friday sale that is ongoing.

I do play on PC and I bought the standard version instead of the $25 version (stupidly).

TheSeks

I love how my KD is going down constantly while running my ass all over the map while my squad becomes useless sniper dicks on the other side of the map.

Uh... thanks for having me hoof it? And then get shot in the back repeatedly while I try to clear areas out by myself to help the bomb carrier?

Oh and don't bother reviving, because that's obviously not helpful to your team. Thanks, dicks.

Eric WK

I love how my KD is going down constantly while running my ass all over the map while my squad becomes useless sniper dicks on the other side of the map.

Uh... thanks for having me hoof it? And then get shot in the back repeatedly while I try to clear areas out by myself to help the bomb carrier?

Oh and don't bother reviving, because that's obviously not helpful to your team. Thanks, dicks.

Only in Battlefield™

Dice must've been doing some hotfixin' again. Ping looks ok, then I start getting high ping warnings from the server. I try another server. I start shooting at a dude, I get a kill assist before he's dead.

You've lost me as a customer for good EA. This is literally the worst mp fps experience in ten years. Even Brink was more enjoyable.

I at least have one night a week like this. The other night half of my team was sniping and the other team said fuck it and just concentrated on killing the people actually trying on my team. I was in the attack boat on Paracel Storm capping flags and I had the enemy attack boat and 2 scout helicopters all after me at the same time. I went down fighting shooting the heli pilot and his repair guy out and blew up the attack boat, the 3rd heli got me though, it was mind numbingly absurd.

What's so fun about sitting in the back of the map or on top of a roof sniping anyway? I'm not telling anyone how to play the game or anything, but god damn that has to be boring as shit. If those guys are lucky, and that's a big IF, then they maybe get 3 or 4 kills half the time. The majority of the time you see them go 1-10 or some shit while doing nothing for the team.

It's the same whether playing Conquest, Rush, or Obliteration it seems.

Vard

I jumped in on today's BF4 PC deal. Is there a PC BF4 community thread, or is this pretty much the place to be for that? I saw the OP links to some PC GAF servers.

I played 1943/BC2/BF3 on PS3 and will miss playing with the PS3 BF GAFfers...
I look forward to joining you guys again in the future though, on PS4!

TheSeks

I jumped in on today's BF4 PC deal. Is there a PC BF4 community thread, or is this pretty much the place to be for that? I saw the OP links to some PC GAF servers.

This is the BF4 thread. There is no other thread. Post your BF4 related stuff here.

Grief.exe

This is it right here in terms of community threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom