• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellite25

A more 'moraly right' way of using the XM25 ( yeah gif spam sorry ; ; )
Again another round with more than half of my kill done with the xm25.... That gadget.

edit : erf I should avoid those 'play' in the corner
I don't even understand how this weapon works.

Yuripaw

Banned
So I'm really considering thinking of getting BF4 on PS3 tonight when it goes on sale on amazon. I'd upgrade for a PS4 version most likely, but I won't have a PS4 til March at the earliest. How does the PS3 version fair?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
This game is a joke on PS3... it really is.

No squad functions.
Framerate hell
Glitchy
I swear to god I'm being consistently killed by one bullet. It happens all the time. I see a guy, hear a "pop" and I'm instantly dead. He's got a PDW or some shit. It's impossible.

Game is fucked. It runs like crap.

Payed $100 for this.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Why does my soldier camo reset to default on every map?

Why do I never see my emblem in-game like I could in beta?

Why does the server browser only show empty servers?

Why did they mess with the controls and the handling of every vehicle? Most of the choppers feel awful now. And seriously, who exactly is responsible for the jetski handling? Because that person chose the wrong career.

It's like they took the BF3 EOD bot handling and applied it across the entire spectrum of vehicles...

terrible

Banned
A more 'moraly right' way of using the XM25 ( yeah gif spam sorry ; ; )

Again another round with more than half of my kill done with the xm25.... That gadget.

edit : erf I should avoid those 'play' in the corner

It's basically unstoppable when it comes to clearing enemies from a roof or taking out enemies while you're on a roof yourself. I hope nobody else learns of this. I've been fairly conservative with my Airburst usage and I still almost have 200 kills with it. It's so easy to use lol.

Dave1988

This game is a joke on PS3... it really is.

No squad functions.
Framerate hell
Glitchy
I swear to god I'm being consistently killed by one bullet. It happens all the time. I see a guy, hear a "pop" and I'm instantly dead. He's got a PDW or some shit. It's impossible.

Game is fucked. It runs like crap.

Payed $100 for this.

Bro, why would you ever buy it for current gen? The beta alone that this game will be a steaming pile on the PS3/X360. You only have yourself to blame for shelling out on it.

is there a demo/benchmark or something I can download to see how the game runs on my computer before i commit to buying it? i missed out on the beta... =(

i have a 2013 27-inch iMac:
intel core i5-4570 cpu @ 3.00 ghz
8GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GT 755M

Yuripaw

Banned
So I'm really considering thinking of getting BF4 on PS3 tonight when it goes on sale on amazon. I'd upgrade for a PS4 version most likely, but I won't have a PS4 til March at the earliest. How does the PS3 version fair?

Nevermind! Snagged the PC version after seeing how I could get the game for only $20 thanks to this thread http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=724447

I dunno how great it'll run on my PC, but BF3 runs pretty good.

Why does my soldier camo reset to default on every map?

Why do I never see my emblem in-game like I could in beta?

Why does the server browser only show empty servers?

Why did they mess with the controls and the handling of every vehicle? Most of the choppers feel awful now. And seriously, who exactly is responsible for the jetski handling? Because that person chose the wrong career.

It's like they took the BF3 EOD bot handling and applied it across the entire spectrum of vehicles...

I'm not sure what the deal is with soldier camo. It makes sense to me, personally, that you wouldn't want the same camo for every map, but it is inconsistent.

I see my emblem in-game.

Not sure about the server browser.

Choppers do seem more sluggish now, which is a shame. I have no clue what the deal is with the jetskis. It like the pivot point is like 20 feet out in front, I don't get it.

Yuripaw

Banned
Has crashed on me 5 times today, 3 times in the last hour alone (PS4 version). Really tired of this shit.

Yikes, really? I heard the PS4 version was having problems, but I haven't really looked into it much since I don't have the system yet. That's real bad >_<

gossi

Yikes, really? I heard the PS4 version was having problems, but I haven't really looked into it much since I don't have the system yet. That's real bad >_<

The Xbox One version crashed on me 4 times today. And PC version crashes for me whenever map changes.

If the press would stop writing about 720p vs 900p on consoles, they might realise the game doesn't fucking work.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Siege of Shanghai is the only like guaranteed crash for me. Dawnbreaker is 50/50, I've at least finished full conquest rounds on that. Sometimes I crash when the next map starts to load but that doesn't bother me.

The Xbox One version crashed on me 4 times today. And PC version crashes for me whenever map changes.

If the press would stop writing about 720p vs 900p on consoles, they might realise the game doesn't fucking work.

The press is so superficial it basically cannot provide any useful information on complex games.

Vidpixel

Well great, the game crashed on me while I was playing the campaign and now it freezes at the main menu every time I boot the game up, forcing me to start another game like Resogun or something in order to close the Battlefield 4 application. Fantastic.

todahawk

Well great, the game crashed on me while I was playing the campaign and now it freezes at the main menu every time I boot the game up, forcing me to start another game like Resogun or something in order to close the Battlefield 4 application. Fantastic.

If you highlight the game in the XMB and hit options you can close the application from there.

elyetis

It's basically unstoppable when it comes to clearing enemies from a roof or taking out enemies while you're on a roof yourself. I hope nobody else learns of this. I've been fairly conservative with my Airburst usage and I still almost have 200 kills with it. It's so easy to use lol.
Well it's still quite a 'niche' use, but yeah it's incredibly powerfull at the few things it's good at. While I don't care much about it's ability to be powerfull from a roof ( even if it's fun <3 ), I really think that it's a really good thing that whe have a good anti roof camper gadget, attacks from elevators are just too easy to defend from, and the mortar very low accuracy make it really too much luck based.

a916

What's the consensus on having night maps?

None of the original BF4 maps take place at night, nor do the 2 DLC packs currently being shown off. Personally I'd love more night maps.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

None of the original BF4 maps take place at night, nor do the 2 DLC packs currently being shown off. Personally I'd love more night maps.

Hate em. Absolutely hate em.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Please, no. No. NO.

DICE can't get the ambiance right for those.

On ps4 should I have the sound set to hifi or wartapes? I have a 5.1 system if that matters
There isn't a "Surround Sound" option in there? That is what I had it set to on BC2 on consoles and BF4 on PC. War tapes basically makes everything louder and more punchier.

If surround sound isn't an option in the menu I'd go with Hi-Fi.

NeOak

So if you buy it on PSN for PS3, you upgrade on PS4 and you just launch it, right?

I bought a PSN code for a friend so he could upgrade on PS4, that is why I ask.

Spl1nter

Why do people play hardcore. It is just a horrible mode that goes against everything that is battlefield. DICE never should of made it, but this is what happens with consoles. There should just be a classic mode with reduce 3d spotting and no health regen.

Norua

Banned
Hardcore mode should be named Easy mode. You don't even need to shoot with precision. It's a good way to enter the world of FPS for the kids though.

Iskander

Neo Member
Siege of Shanghai is the only like guaranteed crash for me. Dawnbreaker is 50/50, I've at least finished full conquest rounds on that. Sometimes I crash when the next map starts to load but that doesn't bother me.

Same here - Shanghai is like 100% crash for me, no matter what. Game works great otherwise.

It seems like everyone is playing in just a handful of servers, though - the servers that are full, are always full, and tons of others just sit empty. Also, it seems real hard to find a game of Rush; everyone wants to play Conquest, and I'm tired of it. :(

Kingbrave

Why do people play hardcore. It is just a horrible mode that goes against everything that is battlefield. DICE never should of made it, but this is what happens with consoles. There should just be a classic mode with reduce 3d spotting and no health regen.

It's especially odd considering the amount of vehicles. I already get pissed at the them as it is. It's not like the weapons are balanced for it either.

elyetis

Many of the people playing hardcore with me don't really do it for the 60%hp in itself, but for the lack of 3d spotting, killcam, life regen, no minimap, etc.

As for me I can't understand all those fast vehicule respawn server.

TheSeks

Welcome to what I've been saying since BC2 had the option.

So... welcome to 2008, Splinter. Where have you been?

Hardcore is fine in Call of Duty since the mechanics for the game doesn't change.

Hardcore in BF is awful because it throws all the mechanics of BF out the window and then chucks the baby out for good measure.

I saw you and Otcho playing it and NOPE.avi'd at my monitor. Nope, not doing that.

The sound cutting out glitch is truly the most annoying glitch in the game. Please fix this, DICE.

Pffft. Get on my level, nub.

Tablo

Played a bit of it this morning, wow the game is great, graphics are fantastic and vehicles feel right.
Specs:
i7 980X 3.8 ghz
12gb DDR3
GTX 670 FTW

Felt very smooth at all high and 2x Msaa and HBAO on. Big step up from BF3 :)

Battlefield 4 |OT| Report Problem: The Game

I'm at about 10 crashes for the day on the PS4. Conquest is unplayable if you want bonus XP because you don't see the end of the match to be rewarded. My last crash caused my game to forget all of my unlocks and made me scroll through them all over again to get rid of the "that's new!" tag. And it forgot all of the tutorial menus and I have to go through all through that again too. Also don't accidentally bring up battlelog with the touch pad, one because it's useless anyways, but two because it'll likely lock up your game.

Also, is there any easy way to join a friend? There's that "friends playing" thing, but it doesn't even tell me which friend is playing on that map.

TheSeks

Oh, I can fly.
Hitting anything with Jets meanwhile is a different matter entirely
It's just the lock-on notifications is completely luck-based for me. "Did they fire? Oh shit they did. *disable* Did they fire? OH SHIT THEY DIDN'T *get hit*"

I'll admit I love flying the scout choppers, but with the stingers and stuff in game? I don't do it often enough.

Many of the people playing hardcore with me don't really do it for the 60%hp in itself, but for the lack of 3d spotting, killcam, life regen, no minimap, etc.

As for me I can't understand all those fast vehicule respawn server.

A thousand times this.

Hardcore mode should be named Easy mode. You don't even need to shoot with precision. It's a good way to enter the world of FPS for the kids though.

Keep shootin' at those neon triangles, big guy.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Hi guys, I'm looking for an answer to this question but figured I'd go ahead and ask it here while I look:

My buddy and I are deciding between Ghosts or BF4 for the PS3. Does BF4 run shitty on PS3 also or is it more stable? Does it have 64 (or whatever the number is) players or is it still 32 on current gen? Which would you reccomend/what do?

Suirrad

Ok WTF?!

I haven't had too many issues with the game. I was playin fine today except every time I go to the home screen via the PS button and return to the game, the game won't pick up and inputs from the controller. The game isn't frozen or nothin. Neither is the system. This is starting to piss me df off

Edit: wanna confirm it wasn't a BF4 issue cause it happened with other games but an issue that a system reset fixed.

Rizific

Just had a Hardcore CQ Large match on the Resort where it was just rubberbanding over and over. Shit annoyed me to no end
If I join a server like that, I quit ASAP. For me it's usually hit or miss with issues like that. Some servers are great, others rubber band. Finding a new server is an easy fix. The chromatic aberration and sound cutting out piss me off far more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom