• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hi guys, I'm looking for an answer to this question but figured I'd go ahead and ask it here while I look:

My buddy and I are deciding between Ghosts or BF4 for the PS3. Does BF4 run shitty on PS3 also or is it more stable? Does it have 64 (or whatever the number is) players or is it still 32 on current gen? Which would you reccomend/what do?

BF4 is the same as BF3 for last-gen/PS360. It's 32-players MAX. The consoles simply DO NOT have the horsepower to get 64-players. It was the same when PC had 64-player support in BF3 but PS360 didn't.

BF4 right now is buggy on ALL platforms. Whereas, AFAIK Ghosts if mostly fine.

But I'd recommend BF4 simply because CoD has gotten stale for me.

And well... BF4 is $30 for Black Friday so if you beat some old peoples heads for deals, it's an alright deal for a buggy title right now.

Fonz72

Hi guys, I'm looking for an answer to this question but figured I'd go ahead and ask it here while I look:

My buddy and I are deciding between Ghosts or BF4 for the PS3. Does BF4 run shitty on PS3 also or is it more stable? Does it have 64 (or whatever the number is) players or is it still 32 on current gen? Which would you reccomend/what do?

My recommendation is to NOT buy on last gen hardware. Gimped with low player count, terrible textures, low resolution and if the beta was any indication terrible performance.

Can't believe I'm going to say this, but buy COD.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
My recommendation is to NOT buy on last gen hardware. Gimped with low player count, terrible textures, low resolution and if the beta was any indication terrible performance.

Can't believe I'm going to say this, but buy COD.

Bahaha I know, I've finally gotten him to buy a console though so I'll go with whatever. So it sounds like I'd be getting a better (or more functional) experience with COD on last gen I guess. Thanks for the feedback

BF4 is the same as BF3 for last-gen/PS360. It's 32-players MAX. The consoles simply DO NOT have the horsepower to get 64-players. It was the same when PC had 64-player support in BF3 but PS360 didn't.

BF4 right now is buggy on ALL platforms. Whereas, AFAIK Ghosts if mostly fine.

But I'd recommend BF4 simply because CoD has gotten stale for me.

And well... BF4 is $30 for Black Friday so if you beat some old peoples heads for deals, it's an alright deal for a buggy title right now.

It's 24 players max, not 32

Carbines feel so much better this go round. I've been wrecking shop with the ACW-R and it's one of the first ones you unlock. Can't wait to try out the rest of them.

Spl1nter

Many of the people playing hardcore with me don't really do it for the 60%hp in itself, but for the lack of 3d spotting, killcam, life regen, no minimap, etc.

As for me I can't understand all those fast vehicule respawn server.

Not knowing how much life or ammo you have doesnt add to the experience, just gives you less knowledge for making decisions. No minimap is just silly. It has been in the game since 1942 and 2d spotting is critical in battlefield.

Jesus christ this game is a fucking trainwreck. My game on Xbox One consistently crashes after five minutes no matter what I'm doing. In the menus... Crash, Loading game... crash, just started a game... crash. This is the only game it happens with. It is fucking appalling, everyone who bought this piece of shit should be given a refund.

Not knowing how much life or ammo you have doesnt add to the experience, just gives you less knowledge for making decisions. No minimap is just silly. It has been in the game since 1942 and 2d spotting is critical in battlefield.

Sure is nice that hardcore is an option you don't have to play then eh? More options the better I say, and thanks to having an actual server browser players can filter what they don't like out.

TheSeks

It's 24 players max, not 32

You're right. It's just BF3.5 on last-gen consoles with a bit worse graphics and bugs right now.

You can set those as server options. I've seen no health regen soft-core servers on PS3, but they were obviously unpopular. Same for lack of 3D spotting.

It's just DICE made hardcore completely turn that off in BC2 to match the no HUD elements of CoD4+ on and didn't give CVARs for consoles that outing. IIRC you can customize hardcore for BC2 PC and BF3/4 allow them.

But custom servers with custom rules aren't popular no matter the platform, from what I've seen.

But custom servers with custom rules aren't popular no matter the platform, from what I've seen.

Ton of PC servers have custom rules, especially hardcore servers most of all. Few seem to run default when it comes to hardcore. BF3 was the same way.

Custom server rules are always going to be in minority compared to default settings though.

Calibus

Was about to ask if they had smoothed this game out yet because I was thinking of getting it for PC. But the last page of replies kind of answered my question :p

Yeesh.

maneil99

So since the recent Terrain Decoration Issue I decided to test out just how much FPS we will lose once it is running Ultra properly

AVG with Medium Settings ( Set to Ultra in Game )

108 FPS 100%

Avg with Ultra Settings ( set to medium in game )

96 FPS - 88.89%

Loss in performance, 11.11%

780 GTX 1254/6600
4.7GHZ 3570k
Tested over 8 benchmarks
Parcel Storm 64 Players Conquest
1920x1200

Everything Max except Post AA.

regs

Couldn't pass up the deal, just finished playing for a few hours. I am amazed how well the game runs. I am only running 1600x900 (900p lol) but I was able to run on Ultra and be at 60 fps most of the time, it dips down to 45 sometimes but hasn't gone any lower.

i5 3570k @ 4.4ghz
32gb ram
XFX Radeon HD 7870 Black edition with a slight OC at 1.11ghz

Woo-Fu

Banned
double exp event ftw.

RDvypC6.png

Woo-Fu

Banned
Seeing as how it crashes on console too I wonder where all the people who kept saying, "works fine here, must be your rig." went?

FaintDeftone

I was having an extremely fun, heated match on Operation Locker on PS4 and I was doing very well and earning tons of ribbons, then BAM, crash. Lost experience and everything I earned in that match. Ugh!

TheSeks

Was about to ask if they had smoothed this game out yet because I was thinking of getting it for PC. But the last page of replies kind of answered my question :p

Yeesh.

It's getting better, but not where it should've been on launch yet.

As it is, there's a deal for it at $25 and at that price... it's worth it even with the bugs. Plus if you want that DICE M1911 scope you kinda need to login to the game on Dec. 5th for it.

Nameless

Servers have been a real shitshow tonight. I've been shot down in milliseconds while the enemy was appearing to throw a grenade. I've been killed by guys sliding along the floor on their stomachs, seemingly invincible. I've had enemies survive shotgun blasts to face within a feet from me, taking less than 25 damage. I've had my own bullets simply disappear into the ether on route to their target. I've had the game shift into some choppy version of Bullet Time whenever I engaged enemies at close range. I've been knifed from behind from the front. I've had payback kills on guys I shot and killed first. I've been shot from outside while 10ft inside the door like this is Wanted. I've spawned dead, killed before my soldier even appeared on screen. I've become stuck in revive limbo, unable to accept or decline coming back to life--forced to wait out the round like some apparition.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Just got this for PS4 due to the amazon deal. I managed to download the 39 gig file in under an hour. It's taking longer to install than it did to download, crazy pants. Can't continue past the first mission on SP because it's only at 19 percent. Am I able to quit out of BF4 and maybe go play Resogun for a bit while it installs or does it have to be open to install? Seems like when I quit out and played Resogun before and relaunched it the percentage was the same as when I left.

emko

in options it says something about when a friend joins it will put you in the same squad does this ever work for anyone here? how did DICE miss this big bug where sounds just disappear ? did they not use sound when testing the game? finished a game and all the stats didn't get saved, vehicle guns sometimes start to twitch really fast, sometimes map parts will flicker like the radio antenna map. If they fix all that the game would be great right now its just feels l like i am testing a beta. Any news on a update that will fix all the remaining bugs?

dengatron

spawning in the middle of the enemy team in TDM is getting out of hand. I'm struggling to keep my k/d and win rate above 1.2 because of this shit. getting 25 kills a game, and still losing because you and 2 of your team mates spawn right in the middle of 6 dudes, over and over again, is really dumb

Grief.exe

spawning in the middle of the enemy team in TDM is getting out of hand. I'm struggling to keep my k/d and win rate above 1.2 because of this shit. getting 25 kills a game, and still losing because you and 2 of your team mates spawn right in the middle of 6 dudes, over and over again, is really dumb

The worst part is that little spawn window is incredibly delayed. So the spawn may be safe when you choose to deploy, but the reality may be that person is already dead.

daedalius

Servers have been a real shitshow tonight. I've been shot down in milliseconds while the enemy was appearing to throw a grenade. I've been killed by guys sliding along the floor on their stomachs, seemingly invincible. I've had enemies survive shotgun blasts to face within a feet from me, taking less than 25 damage. I've had my own bullets simply disappear into the ether on route to their target. I've had the game shift into some choppy version of Bullet Time whenever I engaged enemies at close range. I've been knifed from behind from the front. I've had payback kills on guys I shot and killed first. I've been shot from outside while 10ft inside the door like this is Wanted. I've spawned dead, killed before my soldier even appeared on screen. I've become stuck in revive limbo, unable to accept or decline coming back to life--forced to wait out the round like some apparition.

dat Dice netcode!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
So I guess the file that I downloaded from the PSN was just a smaller file and now that I have BF4 launched it's downloading the rest from slow ass EA servers?

Ilive1up

So I guess the file that I downloaded from the PSN was just a smaller file and now that I have BF4 launched it's downloading the rest from slow ass EA servers?

yeah, it's taking forever. i was playing the single player, but then after the first mission i couldn't go any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom