• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

arimanius

Wow I can't even complete a game today. 4 tries, 3 client locks and 1 server crash. I suck and I've been actually playing pretty good today :(

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Just use the stinger. Two people with stinger have a good chance of taking it out. Three people with stinger ensures its done for. They need the exact same number of people to stay alive. Stop complaining you cant take down a vehicle on your own when it has 2 or 3 people making sure it stays alive. Its battlefield and its called teamwork.

There's a difference between teamwork and what I'm bitching about. Before the defense was too strong. Now the attackers are too strong with all the vehicles and defense having squishy infantry.

Again: If the AA and LAV were on the map for that first set it'd be far more balanced/enjoyable to play on for both sides because then it becomes "repair the AA that can take the helicopter and LAV out" while the attackers have "paradrop in and take out the repairers, RPG the AA that can take out our paradrop, and rush in with armor instead of swimming like previously"

Seanspeed

Banned
Sounds like the game is still fundamentally broken. From crashing, to balance, to bugs, game is not right.

There is letting someone enjoy themselves, and then there is reality. This is the latter.
You dont get to dictate how much people enjoy a game, sorry. You can feel differently but you cant go telling him he's wrong.

I've noticed an insane amount of auto-aim, where I can literally see the crosshairs drag and lock. What the hell is this shit?

This gunplay is pretty bad. Such low recoil, aim assist is insane, health seems so much lower...then there is the fact that spotting is so incredibly easy and you are always seemingly lit up on the map. It's just spot, point, shoot.

I'm not too fond of how fast people go down and how I can seemingly spot the shit out of everyone.

In BF3, health felt high enough and recoil seemed significant enough to make gunplays seem more drawn out or at least fun. In this, I'm dropping and dropping others like flies. Surely I'm not just imagining all this?

I have to say I'm disappointed with the multiplayer graphics on PS4. Just played my first conquest and the framerate was nowhere near 60 most of the time... lots of pop up with the ground foliage too. That shit was rather distracting after playing the campaign which seemed to run pretty smoothly..

TheSeks

Well, that's new.

553932_10100387162107845_408940967_n.jpg

541822_10100387160211645_1502430322_n.jpg

1472017_10100387159607855_618206244_n.jpg

1425800_10100387159817435_1621771677_n.jpg

(Also note the scope on the FAMAS since the iron-sights suck. A rarity for me!)

Iacobellis

Having a blast with this on PS4. Only disappointment so far is the lack of real controls changing. I use L1/R1 for aiming and shooting on Killzone and Blacklight.

pestul

I'm still terrible at this game and I've been playing since the beginning of the PC beta lol.. I need to put some effort into this.

Grief.exe

You dont get to dictate how much people enjoy a game, sorry. You can feel differently but you cant go telling him he's wrong.

I didn't tell him not to have fun, I was arguing his word choice of 'phenomenal'

I asked if maybe his position was being swayed due to the smooth and high-resolution gameplay that he is not used to, and, understandably, it was.

Syncytia

Is anyone having downsampling stability issues? Not the in game resolution scale...

Seems like it works sometimes, and other times the game will just crash right away.

Ilive1up

do you guys play with each other? been playing today for a bit but nobody talks and it's kind of annoying.

psn id: death_by_suplex. send me a friend invite. looking to get into some good games.

XxCGSxX

So I bought a PS3 BF4 disc with the purpose of upgrading it to the PS4 version, does the China Rising maps code carry over to ps4 too?

watchdog

I've noticed an insane amount of auto-aim, where I can literally see the crosshairs drag and lock. What the hell is this shit?

This gunplay is pretty bad. Such low recoil, aim assist is insane, health seems so much lower...then there is the fact that spotting is so incredibly easy and you are always seemingly lit up on the map. It's just spot, point, shoot.

I'm not too fond of how fast people go down and how I can seemingly spot the shit out of everyone.

In BF3, health felt high enough and recoil seemed significant enough to make gunplays seem more drawn out or at least fun. In this, I'm dropping and dropping others like flies. Surely I'm not just imagining all this?

I agree with you about the gunplay and getting taken out so easily. I don't seem to be staying alive as long as I used to when I played BF3. Maybe people have gotten super good at the game and I just suck at BF4 but it seems like I can't stay alive long enough to do much of anything. It's frustrating but I keep coming back to it hoping things will balance out.

Cudder

So, these battlepacks. There's no reason to hoard them is there? I have a bunch. Should I just open them all? Does the XP I get from certain ones stack with each other?

ThisOne

So, these battlepacks. There's no reason to hoard them is there? I have a bunch. Should I just open them all? Does the XP I get from certain ones stack with each other?

You might as well open then as soon as you receive them. The XP does not stack but you can select which XP boost you use by going to the pause menu and then looking in the bottom right corner. Highlight that box and it will let you select which XP boost you want to use (25%, 50%, etc.)

jsip

Banned
You might as well open then as soon as you receive them. The XP does not stack but you can select which XP boost you use by going to the pause menu and then looking in the bottom right corner. Highlight that box and it will let you select which XP boost you want to use (25%, 50%, etc.)
They stack with double XP week and they double the boost, too. I tested a 25% earlier and it applied 150% total. Used my 200% and the math showed a 500% boost. Not sure if its a bug but damn I unlocked a metric ton of shit today.

c3t

Banned
This game is fun, but screw the campaign. That crap has reset on me for four times already. I do not want to have to keep replaying the first two levels.

TheSeks

Which game mode in general is the most fun to play?

Rush, Obliteration, Conquest.

Ignore TDM.

Maybe play S&D, if DICE fixes it to where it feels like it should be in the game.

Avoid Hardcore.

This game is fun, but screw the campaign. That crap has reset on me for four times already. I do not want to have to keep replaying the first two levels.

Play it offline and on easy. Should blow through it in 4 hours.

Grief.exe

Rush, Obliteration, Conquest.

Ignore TDM.

Maybe play S&D, if DICE fixes it to where it feels like it should be in the game.

Avoid Hardcore.

TDM and Dom are good for infantry-only battles if you enjoy the gunplay.

If you are new to the game, I recommend neither. Especially on PC, you will get chewed up by those with really good aim.

GJS

An issue I haven't had since launch day has randomly popped up again.

Game is running fine performance wise, FPS still 60+ except for random drops every so often that seem to plague everyone.

However everything has turned slow motion again, all the animations are slow and the running speed is slow. I had this issue on launch day but it stopped and now today it is randomly back.

May be related to latest nVidia beta drivers which I installed yesterday, but it was playing fine last night after I updated. Really don't feel like sorting this crap out.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Call me insane but the campaign is dang fun stuff. It's big, bombastic setpieces, with a slick scoring system. It's perfect fun for a PS4 showcase for me IMO. I'm probably alone on this though haha. Oh well!

belvedere

Junior Butler
Is the PC version in a playable state now?

First day with it.

Sound issues, cutting out early in matches.
BF4 stopped working/C2D.
Massive, out of place and odd frame drops of 40+ or more.
Lost connection to EA online.

Other than that, it works fine!

Xyber

Only had 1 crash today during 4 hours of play and that was when it changed map. Some progress at least.

This was the first time I've played in like 2 weeks and what the fuck is up with that pulsing chromatic aberration now!? It's insanely annoying to have that scramble my whole vision every 10 seconds or so.

Had two 100% boost that I used today as well. Between 100-120K XP pretty much every single game when that was active. Leveling up classes and shit like crazy.

TheSeks

First day with it.

Sound issues, cutting out early in matches.
BF4 stopped working/C2D.
Massive, out of place and odd frame drops of 40+ or more.
Lost connection to EA online.

Other than that, it works fine!

Better than it was on launch. At least I'm able to play for a couple of hours before CTD and other issues flare up and then I have to fuck about for a bit before playing again for a few hours...

hew9753

Call me insane but the campaign is dang fun stuff. It's big, bombastic setpieces, with a slick scoring system. It's perfect fun for a PS4 showcase for me IMO. I'm probably alone on this though haha. Oh well!

The scoring system for the SP annoyed the hell out of me. I've gotten used to scores and awards and unlock icons popping up all over the screen in MP but keep that shit out of SP. Devs need to work more on writing compelling stories instead of using these false sense of achievements to keep people playing.

Seanspeed

Banned
I didn't tell him not to have fun, I was arguing his word choice of 'phenomenal'

I asked if maybe his position was being swayed due to the smooth and high-resolution gameplay that he is not used to, and, understandably, it was.
If he feels the game is phenomenal, that's his opinion. You have your own. Its a distinction too many people cant seem to make sometimes.

snack

How much space is required to install bf4 digital version on ps3? I have 11 GB free and it says I don't have enough space on storage. Fuck.

Seanspeed

Banned
Which game mode in general is the most fun to play?
Conquest is basically the go-to Battlefield mode. Its what most people play and its what most of the maps have been designed for. Its also my personal favourite as it allows for a huge variety of playstyles and you don't need to be an expert marksman to score good points and help your team.

Some people will prefer other modes, though. Just a matter of taste.

Lakitu

st5fu
Conquest always for me. I'll play Obliteration when they increase the timer to 30 minutes at least and Titan mode
when they release it with Naval Strike. That's right, DICE.

I've played it for a good few hours today, I've had issues like rubberbanding and the sound cutting out which is frankly annoying. But other than that I've loved it. Feels so much better than last gen it's insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom