• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vidpixel

Call me insane but the campaign is dang fun stuff. It's big, bombastic setpieces, with a slick scoring system. It's perfect fun for a PS4 showcase for me IMO. I'm probably alone on this though haha. Oh well!

I think the main issue with the campaign is that it's all flash and zero substance. The core gunplay might be stellar, but the over-reliance of "been there, done that" set-pieces and a rather nonsensical, cliché plot that is poorly told are the main points of contention.

ThisOne

Is there any way to play 32-player Conquest matches on PS4? I like that mode more than Obliteration but those 64-player matches are just too hectic (not to mention the framerate issues and rubberbanding).

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
There is only one true mode in Battlefield, let's be real here.

Defuse, of course.

Is there any way to play 32-player Conquest matches on PS4? I like that mode more than Obliteration but those 64-player matches are just too hectic (not to mention the framerate issues and rubberbanding).

Server browser?

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
The scoring system for the SP annoyed the hell out of me. I've gotten used to scores and awards and unlock icons popping up all over the screen in MP but keep that shit out of SP. Devs need to work more on writing compelling stories instead of using these false sense of achievements to keep people playing.

Stories was perfect for video game fair... heck beats out a lot of B serie movies. Lets not get ahead of ourselves and think games have good stories. Most of them do not. Its all but an excuse to fire some guns and have some good times...

-Some Chinese leader gets assassinated
-Danger of war with China
-Team sent in to get out some vip out of China
-All hell breaks loose
-War starts
-Turn of events
-End

Sure probably written on a piece of toilet paper but hey its not like its supposed to be a novel! I skip most cinematics / stories nowadays, what I hate most if when they are not skippable and you have the endure them. Its all about the level design and gameplay.

DarkFlow

Banned
Got some luck this morning.
iFZaEYpDLaso0.png

+ double xp.

ibn6qocs2SzQrF.gif

lol I used a 200% last night. One match I got 250K+, I'm not sure how much it was because it loaded the next map before it was done.

venom2124

Call me insane but the campaign is dang fun stuff. It's big, bombastic setpieces, with a slick scoring system. It's perfect fun for a PS4 showcase for me IMO. I'm probably alone on this though haha. Oh well!
You're not alone. I'm liking it quite a bit. Just started the final level I think. And I absolutely hated part 3s campaign. I'd put bf4s campaign way over cod ghosts at this point.

Pastry

Banned
I was having an extremely fun, heated match on Operation Locker on PS4 and I was doing very well and earning tons of ribbons, then BAM, crash. Lost experience and everything I earned in that match. Ugh!

Lately I'v been keeping all the experience and stuff I gain even though I crash. You probably didn't lose it.

mikeGFG

Banned
Just got the game. Why are my multiplayer load-times obscenely long?

like over 10 minutes...

edit: and less than 60 seconds after spawning BF4 has stopped responding. welp.

Xyber

Just got the game. Why are my multiplayer load-times obscenely long?

like over 10 minutes...

edit: and less than 60 seconds after spawning BF4 has stopped responding. welp.

Both me and my friend load in in about 30 seconds. Both of us have it on SSD though. In BF3 he had it on his 5400RPM drive and he loaded for about 2 minutes. Something is messed up for you.

Hey am I still able to get battlefield 4 limited edition with the china rising dlc?

Digital Deluxe gives you the DLC and 3 battlepack I think.

TheSeks

As a guy who likes to play the assault class am I SOL when it comes to dealing with Tanks? I was hoping the Assault class would get C4

Yes. Go support (LMG) with a Carbine once you unlock it through Engineer or Recon with C4 with the same thing but not being able to resupply the C4 for that.

Lately I'v been keeping all the experience and stuff I gain even though I crash. You probably didn't lose it.

He won't lose it so long as he doesn't start another match. Game has to log you being there before it'll save.

trying to take down a tank in rush sucks. Most of the time it seems like I'm the only one shooting at the tank while the rest of my team does it's best to just try and ignore it. In conquest tanks don't seem as big a hassle though.

Okay, now I'm convinced that Operation Locker is totally busted on the PS4 version. It's plain as day on CQ Large but once again I play as an attacker on Rush and once my team reaches the final two objectives, I get that stupid error and get kicked out of the application. It was especially nice of the game to give me the error while I was in the middle of arming one of the last two objectives -_-

Rizific

know what i hate? when the only damn part of an enemy that is exposed is the head, and i shoot it, get multiple hit markers, but no head shot... F THAT

Jibbed

What's with the huge frame-drops every 5 minutes?!

I'm hovering in the 45-60 ballpark and then BAM, 20fps for a few seconds until I 'fix' it by looking at the sky or something.

I haven't been a big FPS multi player in ages. Like since UT and Quake. But I felt compelled for some reason to pick this up. So I snagged a PC version from amazon for $25 and decided to give it a whirl. And it.......was fun! I played some conquest, and then team death match to get a feel of the mechanics. I even had a couple 7-3 and 8-4 rounds.

The one downside is I have no origin friends. I'd also like to find some GAF servers.

TheSeks

Shotguns, DMRs, Bolt-action Snipers, and Pistols are the only things left to unlock (besides vehicles eh...) for weapons. Just gotta finish up the Assault Rifle which is on the last unlock for me.

Huzzah.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Well, I beat the game on Easy, but after dying several times and beating a couple of levels by simply running through them as fast as possible.

I'm not even gonna try Multi-Player I think. I'm just not cut out for it. :(

Nizz

Haven't really posted since I've gotten a PS4 and this game but man, going from playing the Battlefield games on PS3 (Bad Co. 1 & 2, 1943 and BF3) to BF4 on PS4 and it's like night and day. Wow, seeing/playing a Battlefield game running at 60fps looks surreal.

I've only played the first chapter in the campaign after having lurked BF4 threads and seeing how people's progress had been erased I didn't want to dig to deep into it. As far as multiplayer, I would check servers and everything would come up empty so I usually go to quick match and hop into some Rush games or TDM. Man the game is so much fun to play.

From the framerate, the graphics, the player movement and gun handling I've been having a great time. I really think the game looks stunning to me. The only thing that bugged me though and still bothers me occasionally is that they put aim/fire on L2/R2. After playing so many Battlefield games using L1/R1 it's been a big adjustment for me. Luckily the DS4's triggers are way better than the DS3.

But sometimes muscle memory still kicks in and I end up throwing a grenade when I meant to ADS. I still hope DICE eventually patch in the option to flip the buttons up to play just like BF3. One thing that kills me with the triggers is that when I switch to my sidearm if I run out of ammo on my main weapon, I can never get shots off as quickly as if I were using R1 to shoot.

Besides that little growing pain, I really like everything else.

Iacobellis

The first mission in this game is remarkable, especially the opening with Bonnie Tyler.

The campaign is easily miles better than the snoozefest Killzone Shadow Fall is. Why are Battlefield story modes usually described as average?

The first mission in this game is remarkable, especially the opening with Bonnie Tyler.

The campaign is easily miles better than the snoozefest Killzone Shadow Fall is. Why are Battlefield story modes usually described as average?

Out of KZ, Cod: Ghosts, and BF4... BF4 is the worst of the single player campaigns.

I remember in the weeks around BF3's release, the story mode didn't get favorable criticism.

Because they aren't good... in anyway shape or form.

Aside from the visuals, they are bug ridden, on rails, RECKER GET OVER HERE AND DO THIS MUNDANE TASK THAT I COULD EASILY DO BUT IM NOT THE ONE STARRING IN THE GAME type crap.

snack

I bought the ps3 digital version

Can't even start anything. Stuck on menu with connection error...

"Connection lost to ea servers"

Killzone is atrociously boring.

Found the non stop shoot fests fake micheal bay corridor shooters of COD and BF4 to be incredibly boring. Its same damn game we've been playing for almost a decade now. KZSF is got issues, but it tries to be different at least and not non stop whiz bang.

wrongway

Shotguns, DMRs, Bolt-action Snipers, and Pistols are the only things left to unlock (besides vehicles eh...) for weapons. Just gotta finish up the Assault Rifle which is on the last unlock for me.

Huzzah.

I played on a pistol-only server earlier. It was pretty darn fun, and I got em all unlocked in short order between the double xp thing and a 50% boost. I definitely recommend it for when you get around to pistols.

Stay away from the revolvers, though. The firing delay on those things is a huge bummer. :x

As a guy who likes to play the assault class am I SOL when it comes to dealing with Tanks? I was hoping the Assault class would get C4

Considering the current map balance in regard to armor vs infantry, yeah, sorry.

Go engineer, then get sniped from some shitbird camping a rooftop.

Considering the current map balance in regard to armor vs infantry, yeah, sorry.

Go engineer, then get sniped from some shitbird camping a rooftop.

I'm thinking about going Support once the MTAR is available for console players. That or I will just ignore or try to avoid dealing with vehicles, might invest in smoke grenades to hide myself when I see tanks and helis.

tatsuki

I just had 18,000 in game score with 200% boost on the whole game and I randomly dropped with 70 tickets left in the game. ufheiosafhieiosruui!!! The server is still up. Do I not get any of that now?

Edit. nvm it just updated. 10 more levels to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom