• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought Battlefield for the Xbox One and besides the bugs that everyone is reporting I have a question that may be related to my network setup or something of the sort. Last night I was trying to find a server to play on, and there were many available however they were all empty... Absolutely no one was online. Is that normal or is it me?

Facism

I bought Battlefield for the Xbox One and besides the bugs that everyone is reporting I have a question that may be related to my network setup or something of the sort. Last night I was trying to find a server to play on, and there were many available however they were all empty... Absolutely no one was online. Is that normal or is it me?

not sure if you have battlelog server filtering on the xbone, but have you checked to see if the free slots filter is set to only show empty servers? I always have mine set (on PC) to show servers with 1-5, 6-10 free slots.

gossi

not sure if you have battlelog server filtering on the xbone, but have you checked to see if the free slots filter is set to only show empty servers? I always have mine set (on PC) to show servers with 1-5, 6-10 free slots.

Press right trigger (thumb stick) down to access filters. Scroll across and tick 1-5, full as filter.

tatsuki

Got some luck this morning.
iFZaEYpDLaso0.png

+ double xp.

ibn6qocs2SzQrF.gif

gossi

Oh, and while I remember somebody asked if the single player lost progress issue is fixed - there's players on PS4 and Xbox One Battlelog forum saying they keep loosing progress. I lost mine on PC, too.

But custom servers with custom rules aren't popular no matter the platform, from what I've seen.

That's largely true. The problem right now though is that the Hardcore preset is completely f'd with no minimap. I have a hard time believing DICE made this official, seeing as 1/3rd of this game revolves around the minimap, and I can only assume it's a bug. So to get proper BF3-style hardcore you need to filter custom servers for 60-60 Player Health and Minimap.

Luckily those get pretty populated, so obviously I'm not alone.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
bugged up the arse and lower playercount

And no respawn. It just doesn't "feel" right in Battlefield compared to Call of Duty.

If there was unranked servers, I'd probably play on it a little.

If you've never played Battlefield before you might as well wait until you are sure you'll play the game for a while though. You don't loose anything by buying it later.

Except Double XP which is useful.

Buy buy buy.

I made a decent Marine Raiders emblem in battlelog and haven't seen it on my weapons or vehicles yet. It's displayed on my soldier tab in battlelog when I press the touchpad, but doesn't show up ingame. If someone has successfully gotten their emblems onto weapons in the ps4 version I would love to hear how they did it.

Have you changed your gun/vehicles texture from the default to something like that forest green?

gossi

No minimap on Hardcore is a design choice they made I believe in BF4. You used to be able to toggle minimap on and off in the admin console for BF3 servers in Hardcore.

Awesome, I found a new bug! On Hainan Resort my game becomes a slideshow if you collapse the hotel. You don't even have to be looking at it, just triggering the event will do. Then I have to change my graphics settings (higher, lower, doesn't matter) to get it back to normal.

In other news, I guess terrible lag has become a permanent new feature? It's like Counter Strike on a 56k modem for me right now. All this is on PC.

tatsuki

If you're having trouble with jets try and make sure you get some flying time with that when you use it. Getting heatseekers for the attack jets made the rest a breeze
I have heatseekers but pretty much nothing else. I'm good with the helis, I can't fly jets at all on pc though. It's a very uneventful experience. I tend to just stay out of them.

I checked the filters and didn't notice anything... But it was late last night, maybe I just missed it. I'll check again today. Thanks.

TheSeks

So, Faceless: Should I buy the PS3 version for $25 to play with you and get the DICE M1911 scope or no? Y/Y?

I actually do run different paints on all my weapons and vehicles. So my custom emblem will show up if I change everything to default?

Nonononono, you misunderstand.

AWAY from the default. Have you changed them? Because then Battlelog will update with your emblem after it checks for unlocks/whatever and then updates the gun.

IIRC you can even set it back to the default after that and be fine. It's just Battlelog wonkyness.

Sorry, another noob question incoming: On the Xbox One, can anyone recommend a server that has all types of vehicles in it? Even when I went into empty servers I couldn't find one that had vehicles enabled.

TheSeks

Sorry, another noob question incoming: On the Xbox One, can anyone recommend a server that has all types of vehicles in it? Even when I went into empty servers I couldn't find one that had vehicles enabled.

Test Range...? If you want to play around with them.

All vehicles aren't going to be in the maps because the maps have different sets for modes/balance.

venom2124

Nonononono, you misunderstand.

AWAY from the default. Have you changed them? Because then Battlelog will update with your emblem after it checks for unlocks/whatever and then updates the gun.

IIRC you can even set it back to the default after that and be fine. It's just Battlelog wonkyness.
Unfortunately I've changed camos and paint roughy 6 million times. I'll chalk my emblem not showing up to battlelog like you said. I didn't receive my amazon gold battlepack and my bf veteran tags either so I should've expected this. Come on dice.

Ghost23

When will PS4 have more servers than the official DICE ones? They all use the same map rotation, and I prefer some maps over others honestly.

maneil99

Did another benchy ,15 FPS Drop from the setting the foliage setting from Ultra to Medium. People are going to be shocked when the patch fixes things. Hope there is some more optimization

So... Downloaded the new nvidia driver and hoped it would fix something, nope, crash after 10 min of play.... Any words on a patch? This is terrible.

Sojgat

Really having a bad experience with this game on Xbox One. Not feeling it at all. Maybe I'll try again in a couple months, but right now this game is fucking terrible.

Really having a bad experience with this game on Xbox One. Not feeling it at all. Maybe I'll try again in a couple months, but right now this game is fucking terrible.

I'm with you there. I wanted a shooter, but didn't want to go with COD... I think I made a bad decision.

Edit: I most especially dislike how it does not integrate with Live. It just makes everything more confusing.

Is there a date for China Rising on PC yet? Logged in for the first time in a few days and saw that all my friends' Battle Feeds have been displaying "[Name] started playing China Rising for Battlefield 4" over the last 24 hours or so and the maps are showing up on the server browser. Got my hopes up, lol.

Edit: Oh, duh, nevermind, right there, Tuesday.

RaptorGTA

Yea,..All BF games have rocky launches..but this is pathetic. I went out and picked up Dead Rising 3 and made...that game is a lot of fun. Really dissapointed by the performance of BF4 on Xbox...

Spazo

Is there a date for China Rising on PC yet? Logged in for the first time in a few days and saw that all my friends' Battle Feeds have been displaying "[Name] started playing China Rising for Battlefield 4" over the last 24 hours or so and the maps are showing up on the server browser. Got my hopes up, lol.

Edit: Oh, duh, nevermind, right there, Tuesday.

tuesday for premium, 2 week later for others

I think its bullshit for people that pre-ordered bf4

MMaRsu

So I cannot get into multiplayer menu at all. It says I've lost connection with EA Online.

It just keeps saying that, can't even go into premium.

What's going on??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom