• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went and made an emblem for no apparent reason

mIn7pPK.png

How long is the campaign mode on normal? Just picked this up and I'm
After killing the two tanks in the second "act"

7 missions total and each is about 45 minutes long (except the last one which is 15 minutes). 5 hours total give or take. You can check your exact progress on Battlelog.

Still can't finish a game of conquest without crashing but most other game modes seem to be working on ps4 and the game is "clicking" nicely now. I'm still not great by any means, but having a blast.

edit: oh and a quick question, i was refraining from asking because i think i'm just being stupid but can i not customize my loadouts before joining a game? i see i can on the android app & on the website, but in game i only see it available while in a match. I'm sure i'm just being daft and not noticing something.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Besides the already-annoying faults by the dozen with this game, I don't think I've ever come across random teammates that are such idiots in all my many years of objective multiplayer. How can you run through the area of an enemy flag, when we're down on points, to the point where you see that you're capturing it, and continue to run off to get shot and killed anyways?

I'm not even talking the snipers out in the middle of nowhere either, just people running around the middle of the map with no purpose whatsoever. You somehow managed to find the Domination playlist, yet you don't capture anything at all, even if you see me and/or someone else there capturing it.

Nevermind that DICE loves to spawn me way closer to the enemy team rather than my own teammates - a few games ago, off of a fresh, first spawn into a new match that just begun, I spawned right next to two enemies, as in, all three of us are inches apart. I killed them both luckily, but how does shit like that even happen, DICE?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Tank SOFLAM seat as a perk for gunners = JamesFrancoSoGood.gif

IRNV gunner + IRNV SOFLAM? Crazy.

And on the LAV as well!?

Broken

No minimap on Hardcore is a design choice they made I believe in BF4. You used to be able to toggle minimap on and off in the admin console for BF3 servers in Hardcore.

That would be a horrible decision. As would be the friendly fire from claymores and mines.

I'm convinced they'll fix it. Even DICE can't be this daft.

zychi

Banned
anyone know how to logout of origin on the ps4 version of bf4? when the servers were all shitty last week I made a new account, i'd like to logout and go into my pc origin account so all my stats are on the same account

TheSeks

anyone know how to logout of origin on the ps4 version of bf4? when the servers were all shitty last week I made a new account, i'd like to logout and go into my pc origin account so all my stats are on the same account

You can't, AFAIK. Once you link an Origin ID to a console it's that one forever.

Can't merge my 360 with my PS3/PC account, for instance.

But you're probably better off: FIFA hacks on consoles and all that.

zychi

Banned
You can't, AFAIK. Once you link an Origin ID to a console it's that one forever.

Can't merge my 360 with my PS3/PC account, for instance.

But you're probably better off: FIFA hacks on consoles and all that.

My ps3 version is connected, but the ps4 version isn't. It's really weird. I'm trying to talk to origin CS right now to maybe merge them

TheSeks

Wasnt talking about that situation. If they did make that change is sounds silly. Map was fine before with AA vs LAV/Scout

Well, getting back to this:

1463005_10100387626397405_69708013_n.jpg

Defense:

1452562_10100387626083035_785730908_n.jpg

Attackers:

1463286_10100387626038125_749878693_n.jpg

R13 hotfix/live patch/"server patch" changed it. So it isn't a client-side update.

DICE heard everyone's bitching about that set being impossible, but in typical DICE fashion knee-jerked to "balance" instead of thinking it through.

MMMMMMMmmmm squishy infantry against LAV + Two helicopters. Fun.

So yeah, I'm not very happy about the fact the attackers have FIVE vehicles now while defenders have zero. Whereas the attackers had FOUR while the defense had ONE and the only time the defense had more than that was the RHIB boats which could EASILY be solved from being 360 turned to mow down attackers that stupidly didn't destroy it with a client patch that removed that 360 swivel.

Or at least throw the LAV in with the AA for armor vs armor vs air battles.

Well, my ps4 single player progress seems to have magically vanished. Oh well, i knew it was a possibility.

Checked my cloud data, but it hadn't been uploaded in ages. I do wish they'd implement cloud saving similar to how it works on the 360.

Grief.exe

Out of KZ, Cod: Ghosts, and BF4... BF4 is the worst of the single player campaigns.

Its like comparing different flavors of shit.

Don't do it and play a good game, there are plenty of great single-player FPS games that came out this year alone. Check out Metro: Last Light, Call of Juarez, and Shadow Warrior.

Dear PS4 GAF: I do apologize if you ended up being on the opposite side of my commanding team.

I couldn't switch teams on a tablet and it's usually after the game ended that I realize I'm on the enemy's side...

Dear PS4 GAF: I do apologize if you ended up being on the opposite side of my commanding team.

I couldn't switch teams on a tablet and it's usually after the game ended that I realize I'm on the enemy's side...

Your ammo drop helped me out. Thanks to that I was able to take out plenty of teammates from the other side.

Ocho

Dominating Hainan Resort with the LAV.

Get stuck.

HOSTILE MISSILE HAS BEEN LAUNCHED.

Pretty sure I'm the target. My buddy luckily was on the way with a jeep to get me unstuck.

ibxOrVd3Qqe1Fv.gif

#bf4moment

I'll be livestreaming this game in a few minutes on PS4. Attempting to play some conquest. Add me or stop by my stream!

PSN - Ultima09
Twitch.tv/monkeydloufy

Grief.exe

What is everyone's favorite Carbine?

I've been using the ACW-R, but the initial recoil is just too random. I've noticed it just jumps all over the place and can be inaccurate at times.

Going to switch over to the SG553 to see how that handles.

EDIT: I'm liking the naked SG553, can't wait to unlock angled + comp to see how it works out. I hate when I have to wait for Battlepack RNG to unlock the good RDS, Kobra or Coyote.

GrizzNKev

Banned

I've been using the ACW-R, but the initial recoil is just too random. I've noticed it just jumps all over the place and can be inaccurate at times.

EDIT: I'm liking the naked SG553, can't wait to unlock angled + comp to see how it works out. I hate when I have to wait for Battlepack RNG to unlock the good RDS, Kobra or Coyote.

If you have Premium, do the MTAR assignment. It's pretty easy and the MTAR rips apart bad dudes.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Don't need premium, if you pre-ordered the game then EA gifted you with the 'premium expansion pack' China Rising.

Is it a good all-around gun? Or just good up close?

Ah ok. It's a short range monster. Haven't used it enough to say anything else. Iron sights are crazy good though.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I like to use all the weapons. Get some kills, then when I unlock the next one switch over until I get the next and so on. Then when I have all of them I just one by one get a service star for each.

mishakoz

Im sure this has been asked, but starting up the game on my PS4 it asks for an origin ID. I try to type mine in but it says it already exists... which of course it does, its mine.

how do i sign in then?

I just pick the best gun in the class and master that weapon.

That's the case for me, but I have to unlock it first. ACE 23 is so far away...

M16 is pretty good, but I need to get the attachments.

The destruction in this game is so disappointing coming from BC2.
Destruction 2.0 > Levelution.

Acinixys

ACE 52 and 21 are the best all round carbines

ACW-R and SG fall off so hard at medium/long range

L85A2 > ACE 23

ACE 52 CQB > All

Also, the FAMAS is way better than I was made to believe

With a heavy barrel its a beast. Had a game of lockers where I went 64/10 with it

I'm just looking for some validation, positive or negative... Last night I played BF4 multiplayer for the first time with a friend for a couple of hours and found myself being completely overwhelmed with everything. To the point where I think it took me literally an hour to figure out who the enemy was and a few other simple mechanics. All night I was just getting destroyed.

We were playing in some big rooms with near full 64 players. I found the atmosphere of the action really intense. From the planes firing overhead, to tanks blowing stuff up. I was a bit in awe to be honest. All night I only managed to get less than 10 kills.

Is my first experience normal?

TheSeks

I couldn't even tell if I was throwing perks at the right squad...

The tablet interface does not tell you who is in a squad.

Neither does the web interface. I guess to not play "favorites."

You really have to pray your squad leaders know how to use the commander functions in Commorose.

Also whoever at DICE thought unlocking the bipod for snipers was a good idea needs a stab in the kidneys. Terrible terrible decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom