• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent

Since online is suddenly not working I guess i'll play Campaign. Has anyone had any corrupted save file issues since the update this week? (PS4). I completed 3 missions when I first got PS4 but then lost it all when it was corrupted. I haven't touched it since, but will now if it works fine.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Such a terrible round but that last arm by me having to get in the boat, get in the sea. Get in the boat. Get in the sea. Get in the boat. Get in the sea, finally grab bomb from idiot teammates. Get in the boat and haul ass while a chopper was firing on me to the attack boat which protected me with the RHIB boat I was in was awesome.

Marvel

could never
Me too.

Just went to the campaign section, was going to play the last level over so I could get those weapons, but it looks like all my progress is either lost, or the save file is unreachable because PSN is down.

Wee!

Ugh, that sucks.

I'm thinking that's more an EA fuck up than a PSN one... very common to have corrupt save data right now.

Seanspeed

Banned
Just when I'm thinking the issues are so much better, I get 2 crashes in 3 matches. Both of them happening right at the end.

This double XP shit doesn't do a damn thing when I'm not actually getting XP and have half an hour of my free time go down the fucking drain.

Maxim726X

So fucking PSN is broken again, I'm assuming. I just got a copy of PS3 BF4, tried to enter the code for the PS4 version, and it keeps sending me back to the main menu, with nothing happening.

Every time I try to use this fucking service it doesn't work.

Grief.exe

Just when I'm thinking the issues are so much better, I get 2 crashes in 3 matches. Both of them happening right at the end.

This double XP shit doesn't do a damn thing when I'm not actually getting XP and have half an hour of my free time go down the fucking drain.

If its right at the end of the round, a lot of times the server will award you like you were there. Check Battlelog to see what you earned.

J0dy77

Are people experiencing horrible lag/leashing issues on top of the crashing? I'm running 20 ping the entire time with awful awful leashing, I can't even play it's so bad.

I'm level 61 on the PC, and I just can't really be bothered to play anymore now. The balance in this game is atrocious when it comes to vehicles to soldier, to other vehicles.

There's absolutely no reason that a LITTLEBIRD with a repairman can absolutely dominate ALL air targets on a map. The attack chopper is literally useless, no matter how skilled the pilot, but the little bird can fly around damn near invincible racking up 20-40 kills a match.

CozMick

Banned
Good god this game is friggin phenomenal on ps4.

A few bugs here and there, a couple of crash to "desktop" and a single graphics artifacting from an antenna on paracel storm, apart from that, flawless.

Grief.exe

I'm level 61 on the PC, and I just can't really be bothered to play anymore now. The balance in this game is atrocious when it comes to vehicles to soldier, to other vehicles.

There's absolutely no reason that a LITTLEBIRD with a repairman can absolutely dominate ALL air targets on a map. The attack chopper is literally useless, no matter how skilled the pilot, but the little bird can fly around damn near invincible racking up 20-40 kills a match.

This is why I started playing TDM and Domination.

I get tired of getting killed by all the 'bullshit' in Battlefield games. There will always be some kid mortaring, cruise missile, little bird, tank, etc that randomly pushes in just to kill infantry.

Sure, I will through in some rush or conquest every once in a while, but this is where I have turned. This is what happens when there are no good infantry maps in a battlefield game.

Good god this game is friggin phenomenal on ps4.

A few bugs here and there, a couple of crash to "desktop" and a single graphics artifacting from an antenna on paracel storm, apart from that, flawless.

I wouldn't really go as far to say that is phenomenal.

Or you just wowed by 1080p/60FPS?

Overdoziz

Banned

Doesn't the SRAW take out the Littlebird in one hit?

CozMick

Banned
Gotta see it from my point of view, I came from the ps3, 702p, 15-20fps, 24 players, half a Battlelog, ultra low settings version....

Grief.exe

Gotta see it from my point of view, I came from the ps3, 702p, 15-20fps, 24 players, half a Battlelog, ultra low settings version....

I know.

The next-gen consoles are kind of welcoming you guys to 2007/2008 gameplay for us. Its kind of funny from our perspective if you think about it.

But at the same time very sad when you consider just how weak the next-gen consoles are.

TheSeks

Good weekend for leveling up engineer! I've been tearing through Carbines, but been using them on Assault.

I've been trying to slowly level up my bolt-action snipers to great failure.

So I've been leveling my assault rifles and LMG's nearly done with the LMG's. Leaves Assaults and PDW and then Carbine, DMR's on all-classes and bolt actions for snipers.

Even if it does, its the very last thing unlocked for an Engineer, so not everybody will have it unlocked.

Good thing that there is thing called "2XP" that's happening this week where you can repair, RPG/AT mine tanks to great success to unlock that within a day!

TheSeks

So... DICE's answer for Haihan Resort's first set is to give the defenses AA to the attackers, apparently.

It doesn't spawn on defense from what I've noticed.

So instead of the defense having a strong defense now it's lopsided toward the attackers being able to roll with no anti-vehicle option for the defense besides attempting to spam RPG's and AT mines at the vehicle.

DICE BALANCE(TM)

Should've been LAV on attack and the AA on defense, thereby both sides have an even chance.

Whoops, double post.

Doesn't the SRAW take out the Littlebird in one hit?

How do you expect a manually guided missile to hit a little bird with any sort of consistency?

I mean... does that sound like balance to you at all? It's the fastest moving air vehicle by far and you want to hit it with a hard to guide slow moving missile on the reg?

Spl1nter

Just use the stinger. Two people with stinger have a good chance of taking it out. Three people with stinger ensures its done for. They need the exact same number of people to stay alive. Stop complaining you cant take down a vehicle on your own when it has 2 or 3 people making sure it stays alive. Its battlefield and its called teamwork.

Just use the stinger. Two people with stinger have a good chance of taking it out. Three people with stinger ensures its done for. They need the exact same number of people to stay alive. Stop complaining you cant take down a vehicle on your own when it has 2 or 3 people making sure it stays alive. Its battlefield and its called teamwork.

Lol. Organizing this in a pub...
lololololololololol

Grief.exe

Lol. Organizing this in a pub...
lololololololololol

Does that automatically discount his point? Game has to be balanced for all levels. Just because you choose to not play with other people, doesn't mean that others will not.

What happens when Dice balances the game so one person can take out a vehicle?

Does that automatically discount his point? Game has to be balanced for all levels. Just because you choose to not play with other people, doesn't mean that others will not.

What happens when Dice balances the game so one person can take out a vehicle?

I know what it takes to take a littlebird out. The problem is, the littlebird is capable of needing such a counter whereas the ATTACK CHOPPEr can be taken out by one guy with a stinger. That isn't balanced. The attack chopper should be stronger than the Littlebird no matter who or what is flying in the littlebird, period. It's a bigger, stronger, more armored, more powerful vehicle and it should behave like one.

Lakitu

st5fu
Huh? I have to play as Engineer to unlock the carbines in the PS4 version? What gives? It wasn't like that in the 360 version.

Bombless

Uhh yeah, it's the same in all BF4 versions. You need a small amount of engineer points (like 10k? 15k?) to unlock the carbines for all classes.

Spl1nter

I know what it takes to take a littlebird out. The problem is, the littlebird is capable of needing such a counter whereas the ATTACK CHOPPEr can be taken out by one guy with a stinger. That isn't balanced. The attack chopper should be stronger than the Littlebird no matter who or what is flying in the littlebird, period. It's a bigger, stronger, more armored, more powerful vehicle and it should behave like one.

The attack heli needs a few minor buffs. Reduction in damage from aa and jets guns, maybe slight speed buff, countermeasure buff, below radar ability. First one is required, and 2 of the other 3 would be nice.

Also active radar knocking the heli upside down has to be fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom