• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overdoziz

Banned
Is there a server queue on PS4?

Also, BF4 has great AI:
xmAHUOw.gif

olimpia84

Is anyone playing on the PS3 version? I still get the error on main screen when loading the game.

I'm playing the PS3 version exclusively now (despite owning the PS4 version). No errors/glitches/freezes/disconnectios for me at all, in fact, this is the most stable Battlefield console game I've ever played.

witness

Well that's fuckimg awesome. I played the first two campaign missions, PS4, I decided to take a break from multi (which I love!), and the game decides I haven't played the campaign ever. No saved data corruption, just hey play the first mission. I downloaded whatever the game uploaded yesterday and still nothing. I actually liked the campaign so far to.

I got bored so I decided to review every shotgun in the game for the hell of it. Took forever I swear and the hit detection didn't help. I still had fun though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNajsJcCVE4

In a related note I'm so tired of Domination now.

Nice. I've been playing with shotguns a lot lately too, and I'd agree with most of what you said. Although I think the Hawk is an absolute beast. Pellet count is king. But yeah, you just can't miss or you're screwed. Overall though I really think the QBS is probably the best. It does practically pump damage at semi-auto speeds. The 6 rounds is a big negative, but for as long as those 6 rounds last you are a god.

I've been loading up the test range and trying to determine any difference in shot pattern - if one gun has a tighter pattern than the other. Hard to tell though.... they seem similar. I suppose only chokes make that difference.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
L85A2 > ACE 23

My gun > Your gun.

To quote Bruce Lee: "Don't think. Feel."

Stats shouldn't play into your choice. Go for whatever is comfortable and you'll mow people down endlessly.

Ocho

Neither does the web interface. I guess to not play "favorites."

You really have to pray your squad leaders know how to use the commander functions in Commorose.

Also whoever at DICE thought unlocking the bipod for snipers was a good idea needs a stab in the kidneys. Terrible terrible decision.

There's a web interface now?

I got bored so I decided to review every shotgun in the game for the hell of it. Took forever I swear and the hit detection didn't help. I still had fun though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNajsJcCVE4

In a related note I'm so tired of Domination now.

Helpful! I've been running a shotgun recon very occasionally (I seem to be awful with sniper rifles) and this gives me some insight into what to aim for. Assuming I ever get enough shotgun kills to get there, which...

Need to rant.

Trying to unlock a weapon (defib, pistol, GL kills, then 3 assault ribbons). Playing through, do the 3 kills, carry on playing like normal, BOOM crash to desktop.

Cant rejoin server, and then for some reason i cant join other servers.

Second time today, fuck fucking fuck sake.

Divus

nice review
Nice. I've been playing with shotguns a lot lately too, and I'd agree with most of what you said. Although I think the Hawk is an absolute beast. Pellet count is king. But yeah, you just can't miss or you're screwed. Overall though I really think the QBS is probably the best. It does practically pump damage at semi-auto speeds. The 6 rounds is a big negative, but for as long as those 6 rounds last you are a god.

I've been loading up the test range and trying to determine any difference in shot pattern - if one gun has a tighter pattern than the other. Hard to tell though.... they seem similar. I suppose only chokes make that difference.
Helpful! I've been running a shotgun recon very occasionally (I seem to be awful with sniper rifles) and this gives me some insight into what to aim for. Assuming I ever get enough shotgun kills to get there, which...

Thanks. Its actually a lot of work to do a video like that just so no one ever sees it since I'm a nobody.

Shotguns are a guilty pleasure of mine. I don't most times I could do better with something else, but its more fun to run one.

Oh and the QBS is beastly if you can get in its range. Its a tough call between it and the M1014 for me since the M1014 has that extra capacity. Then again the Saiga has that fast reload...

kamspy

OK I've crashing while spawning in at least the last ten matches. Can't even finish a match.

I'm on PC. Any suggestions? I'm on W7 64 with new drivers.

Loading up the Test Range to do some more pattern testing.

Looking at these I noticed that the M1014 looked particularly bad. Wondering if it was just an anomaly I did some extra rounds with it. No, it's pattern was pretty consistently terrible.

I also noticed that the UTS looked amazingly tight. It's also noticeable that it's reticule is a bit smaller than all the other shotguns as well. Just to be sure I did some extra shots with that as well. As far as shotguns go it could probably be considered your long-range shotgun.

Patterns do indeed seem to differ between the guns.

Other points of note.

The Saiga fires 8 pellets.
A laser sight actually tightens the pattern just a bit, at least according to the reticule.
The Hawk is a monster.

I'm currently playing the campaign, and I'm aware that Battlefield isn't about the singleplayer experience, however it's terrible. Not so much the action or the set plays, they're very much what you'd expect. It's the terrible story. It makes no sense. It jumps all over the place.

Also it has crashed twice already, which has been a pain in the arse. Never known a game to crash like this. Also found a walkthrough wall where you can walk out of the map and skydive into hell.

Good work Dice!

ThisOne

Server browser?

Using server browser shows no results for 32-player Conquest games (searching Conquest and Conquest Large). In fact, it shows no results at all for the "Conquest" game type, no matter the player count. Maybe those servers will eventually be added for 32-player Conquest games?

It's become clear to me that DICE developed this game centered around consoles again. There is no map that was designed with 64 players in mind, that much is very clear. All maps are better with 32 than with 64, and most are even better with 24.

I wish they'd actually make big maps again, with proper terrain and ways to flank. Their current goal is to keep the action constant everywhere, but that takes the fun out of actual strategic moves. In BF1942 and BF2 to a lesser extent there were actual front lines, and you could manage to get around them if you were smart. Now they seem to prefer to cram everything in and want constant gun battles between all points.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy the game. But 64-player games are just cluster fudges. The best maps (where there are more non-linear options for movement and objectives) are the most fun at 24 or 32 players, especially Zavod and Locker.

Alpende

The gun you start your Engineer kit out with sucks so much. Glad I could move on to a new one.

I also had a massive drop in framerate in multiplayer on PS4 for some reason. Like 2 frames a sec or something.

Am I blind / doing something wrong? Not seeing it in the server browser.

It's part of the Second Assault DLC. I don't believe it's out yet for PC and PS4/PS3.

64 player Conquest Locker is a clusterfuck. Reminds me of the FFA CoD4 64 player youtube video

It's quite ridiculous, but perfect if you want to level up a class really fast. I only play as Assault on Locker because it's my least favorite class on any other map.

TheSeks

Using server browser shows no results for 32-player Conquest games (searching Conquest and Conquest Large). In fact, it shows no results at all for the "Conquest" game type, no matter the player count. Maybe those servers will eventually be added for 32-player Conquest games?

Possibly. DICE's big show-stopping "feature" for the next-gen versions is 64-player so it may take a while before people go "wait a minute that's a little insane on most modes!" and dials it back a bit.

PrinceKee

So the Xbox One version of battlefield 4 hasn't been patched? Just lost my single player save file when it crashed during multiplayer...

I came in here to post the exact same thing, lol. It's such garbage.

I've at least seen matches where the front line moves back and forth over the course of the match (read: when good people leave/come in). But once I joined a 24/7 Locker server by mistake and jumped into a BLOCKADE C clusterfuck of massive proportions. Next round we at least managed to take D coming from the other side; if we hadn't I bet it would've been the same BLOCKADE C bullshit again.

I won't lie, that stuff is actually kind of fun sometimes, but only in small doses. I can't imagine the crazy person that jumps into 24/7 Locker for personal entertainment. For some reason it makes me think of Dilbert: come into work, blockade C until shift's over, go home and sleep, rinse and repeat ad nauseum.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So did they just completely disable emblems on PS3?

Mine don't work, I never see anyone else's...

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
So last night I was playing singleplayer and it froze up. I was tired so I forced my PS4 into standby (after the 3 system beep alert) and went to bed. Turned on my PS4 just now to try and get a quick online match of BF4 going and when I launched BF4 (digital btw) it was still stuck on that same spot.

I long pressed on the PS button so that I could choose 'close application'. I did that about a minute before I started typing this post, it's still going even now. Will the application close? Is there something special I'm supposed to do in resolving this issue.

I can't even play another game because my PS4 says BF4 needs to close but it doesn't ever close. What the fuck? NEXTGEN.

edit: Ok, so powering the PS4 completely off seemed to do the trick. Wow what a pile of shit Dice/EA. Glad I only paid 20 bucks for this.

Acinixys

Ive found an awesome bug on PC

If you climb onto a tank and crouch/prone in the middle of the turret you stay on the top when it drives

Gotten so many kills this way today

People dont expect a 3 man tank to roll in :D

Been really enjoying Battlefield, I was before a CoD player but I enjoy how more skill (not knocking CoD at all) and team oriented Battlefield is. My biggest concern right now is trying to find a good team/squad that wouldn't mind me having to turn my mic off most of the time (I live with my girlfriend at our university so the room is usually loud and I wouldn't want people think I'm spamming my mic).

I really enjoy the assault class and I love the fact that not everyone is just one class, I really appreciate engineers (for taking out vehicles), support (for applying ammo and sniper killers) and recon (for taking out people who try to flank everyone) and I do my role as a medic.

Ark

Sorry if this has been asked a thousand times already, but is there a separate console thread like there was for BF3?

Agent

Finished Campaign last night and did the last mission three times for the multiplayer unlocks. Was planning on going back to get missing trophies next week after double xp was over. Just fired up BF4 (PS4) and got a corrupt save file error. Went to cloud backup and it was from November 28. I did the entire campaign yesterday. Rage mode activated.

Coldsnap

PC sound loop crash is a known thing right? I can't play the game for more than 5 minutes without it freezing and looping a sound. Just checking before I spent 2 hours re installing everything on my PC and messing with settings.

TheSeks

SKS is back in my possession and I love it. <3 <3 <3 <3.

Just wish I had the steel aim I used to have. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom