• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

creyas

Never cared to use AA as engineer before, but DMR + Stinger + AT mines is just awesome, especially with a friend. SVD-12 is straight ballin

Here are the overviews for the China Rising Maps (really big pics)

Silk Road
Battlefield_4_Silk_Road_Overview.jpg
Altai Range
Guilin Peaks
Dragon Pass

Fantasmo

Any GAF PC players? I'm assuming that's a resounding yes as there is a GAF server, but there doesn't seem to be a clan thingie in the OP.

I mostly play with friends, but I'm a total BF noob and would like to try to get up to speed, and get suggestions via group chat.

(also if there's a way to exclude hardcore in the server browser search, please let me know).

Ocho

Any GAF PC players? I'm assuming that's a resounding yes as there is a GAF server, but there doesn't seem to be a clan thingie in the OP.

I mostly play with friends, but I'm a total BF noob and would like to try to get up to speed, and get suggestions via group chat.

(also if there's a way to exclude hardcore in the server browser search, please let me know).

Join GAF's mumble, we are usually around.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Fantasmo

Alt voice program.

Let me Google that for you.

jb2Johqaz74XE1.png

Server Browser->Drop Down Filters->Advanced: Normal (Check) Hardcore (DO NOT CHECK) Infantry Only (maybe?) Custom (YOLO, so... no unless you're crazy)

Apply Settings.
Snark aside thanks. What's wrong with Origin chat? Do I need a specific way to find GAF on it?

Edit: I like knowing what I'm putting on my PC (and not from the company who puts the software out, I prefer to hear from end users so I can keep my PC efficient and fairly clean, but of course Ill install if its good)

TheSeks

Mumble is open source. Like Stumpokapow would tell you: If you think it's malicious, check the source code yourself.

In any case, if it was so malicious I doubt half of PC players would be using it.

This happens alot when shooting helis or planes with the tank, you can clearly see the shell hit but nothing happens :(

11133728054_e32353e338_o.gif

I hit a little bird last night with a HE tank shell and not one second later a random team mate of mine hit it with a SRAW, both should have blew it up in one go, but it didn't have a scratch? It kind of sucks, because half the time that has happened to me with attack helicopters it has been the difference between life and death. Either you take it out mid run or when he's turning...or you're a sitting duck if they have good aim.

GJS

I hit a little bird last night with a HE tank shell and not one second later a random team mate of mine hit it with a SRAW, both should have blew it up in one go, but it didn't have a scratch? It kind of sucks, because half the time that has happened to me with attack helicopters it has been the difference between life and death. Either you take it out mid run or when he's turning...or you're a sitting duck if they have good aim.

SRAWs only do like 80 damage on a little bird. If it has some engineers in the back with mechanic field upgrade the thing is back at full health almost instantly.

I don't know how much damage a HE shell is supposed to do to it provided it hits.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Games fun, but fuck all these random crashes on the PC.

..nothing sucks more than losing 50 mins of progress because the fucking game crashes to desktop and I get no points.

TheSeks

Games fun, but fuck all these random crashes on the PC.

..nothing sucks more than losing 50 mins of progress because the fucking game crashes to desktop and I get no points.

Yeah, my 2XP today has been awful. Only moved up like 4 levels from 51 to 55 in the past 10 hours or so.

Granted, I could use the battlepacks to speed that up, but fuck doing that when CTD's still happen. I'll wait.
Until I hit level 100 and then use them all because I'm hardheaded.

---

Got Kobra T-sight for the SKS: Beast mode for mid-long range engagements, on.

Just gotta remember the default sniper scope it has in BF3 and see if I can get that. I started to get into the SKS/semi-autos in BF3 because of that.

I just wish suppression in CQC didn't completely fuck up my hip-fire. Keep the bead on the enemy and bullets mysteriously don't hit because of the aimed-sway bullshit.

Fantasmo

I went through the wizard and I think I'm connected to the mumble server in the BF channel but I have no idea. Looks like people are in here but I don't know how to use mumble. There isn't a GAF Battlefield list anywhere?

TheSeks

You get the points if you don't join another game until the one you crashed from ends.

Doesn't matter if he can't complete rounds, you know?

Shanghai and Dawnbreaker continue to be completely crash prone for me. Always seems to be the one to completely lock up. The others generally don't. Should probably try to find a rotation that doesn't use those two and hopefully be able to actually stay on one server for longer than two rounds before one of those pops up and has me having to find a different server.

SRAWs only do like 80 damage on a little bird. If it has some engineers in the back with mechanic field upgrade the thing is back at full health almost instantly.

I don't know how much damage a HE shell is supposed to do to it provided it hits.

HE is one hit to all helicopters except the transports, AP and Sabot only disable on the first hit and take two to destroy both the scout and attack unless they are already damaged.

SRAW is a one hit kill, there's numerous youtube videos showing it, not to mention I've one hit killed a ton of scouts with them already myself. They do take two for the transports though, just like with the rpg, etc.

TheSeks

I went through the wizard and I think I'm connected to the mumble server in the BF channel but I have no idea. Looks like people are in here but I don't know how to use mumble. There isn't a GAF Battlefield list anywhere?

From the OP:

Mumble information: (quote to see)

Connect to that server and you'll be in the "GAF Battlefield" channel.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Doesn't matter if he can't complete rounds, you know?

Shanghai and Dawnbreaker continue to be completely crash prone for me. Always seems to be the one to completely lock up. The others generally don't. Should probably try to find a rotation that doesn't use those two and hopefully be able to actually stay on one server for longer than two rounds before one of those pops up and has me having to find a different server.

I'm just saying, yeah it sucks to crash, but you don't have to lose 50 minutes of progress and points.

TheSeks

I'm just saying, yeah it sucks to crash, but you don't have to lose 50 minutes of progress and points.

Well, AFAIK: The rounds saving is only if he doesn't rejoin. If he rejoins that progress is lost. Which is kinda bullshit but also a saving grace if he's doing bad. heh.

As it is, having to sit for 15-45mins to probably an hour or more depending on if Obliteration actually has a time-limit in the server can be pretty annoying if you're trying to make sure your progress/unlocks saved.

Like, if you go to a different server after unlocking a weapon it's a crap-shoot to know if it stays unlocked or not.

You have to equip the unlock before the crash happens (or leaving the server) to where it's "saved" in your profile and then relocked by the game before unlocking it again. So stupid.

scogoth

Mumble server info, quote to see is silly when the info is openly available in the mumble thread.

Address: chi.eoreality.net
Port: 64739

Then double click "Battlefield" or one of the 4 sub-channels to move into that room.

TheSeks

Mumble server info, quote to see is silly when the info is openly available in the mumble thread.

Then double click "Battlefield" or one of the 4 sub-channels to move into that room.

*shrug* I just quoted it as it is in Over's post.

Optionally, he could just add Splinter or Me or someone on Battlelog from that PC list (just check for regulars that post in here, I guess?) and say he's from GAF and then just join in there and ask for stuff there. *shrug*

This game really needs some kind of team balancing implemented. If a match is over and it was completely one sided, use some kind of algorithm based off everyone's skill/spm etc and balance the teams out. Seems the only kind of balance the game has is just how many people on each side, it's fucking stupid. Don't think I have had a close game this whole weekend.

TheSeks

They do that and people would fight tooth and nail to switch sides again.

Like I've been saying for the past... oh... two-three? years now: Stats for the game need to be gone. Nothing but kills and accuracy.

No KDR. No WLR, no nothing. Just you and your guns and how accurate you are with them.

(Of course, maybe drop Accuracy as well since thinking on it people would probably just use sniper rifles to e-wank that as well)

The only way to make the game less competitive and stacked is to go the TF2 route and stamp out stats and things that make people care/compete and just go "eh, it's a game." (But then you'd still have me and others raging about people not "PTFO"/trying to win the round)

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
It would be really fucking neat if I could play a full game without being booted to the OS and asked to file a crash report. In the comments I've put "EA worst company in the world" in every one of them. I hope somebody in PSN IT gets a kick out of it at least.

Again, very glad I only paid 20 bucks for this via the amazon deal. I made it a policy a few years ago to NEVER BUY EA GAMES AT MSRP. Seems like a solid decision.

Kemal86

Loving double XP....and how it stacks with Boosts.

Was pulling in 33,000 per domination game for the last hour, was able to unlock the pistol you need for that one Trophy/Achievement.

Zeppelin

They've got to do something about the mobile AA on Paracel. It's basically used as an anti-infantry vehicle on that map. And it's insane that it spawns at the same flag that gives you the gun ship. I think having it spawn at A would be a better idea, or just have it removed altogether.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Jesus is the SP campaign bug filled. Fell through the world on the carrier stage when it splits game crashed about 3 times now.

How this passed the submission test I have no clue since these are some critical problems that go against the TRC in general.

You would have think that by now they would have at least the SP portion stable enough not to crash at random. :/

J0dy77

Anyone else having a problem with experience not taking properly? I'm leveling up after a round only to lose that experience going into the next game and getting the leveling tag next round? The bonuses don't seem to be applying.

Seanspeed

Banned
My Skill ranking is just consistently getting worse and worse, however that is calculated. I cant seem to go over a 1:1 K/D ratio for the life of me anymore. I know that stat doesn't mean everything, but it does mean I'm dying a fuck of a lot, because I'm forever getting shot from the back, the sides, the top, from across the map, etc. I cant seem to get a handle on good situation awareness. I think its the larger player counts. I used to play on the 360 with BF3, and there wasn't a million people everywhere.

I honestly think 48 is about the sweet spot. 32 for smaller maps.

I'm also officially giving up on flying. Nothing trains for you flying in a real match and I get zero practice doing it because I'm only able to stay alive for about 10-15 seconds before getting shot down. Like with jets in BF3, if you're not already an expert, don't even bother.

Reckoner

I am trying to use my Dualshock 4 to play this on PC and the mapping is all wrong. I'm already running the Xinput wrapper and I am sure it is being recognized as so, since I tested on Steam before starting Bf4. Any way to put it all in place without binding the keys manually?

Bollocks

Can somebody explain the quirks of battlefield?
I bought it but have not played it yet.
I saw videos where when you get shot you throw out healthpacks?
Can you heal yourself that way?

I don't want to jump in blindly.

Zeppelin

Anyone else having a problem with experience not taking properly? I'm leveling up after a round only to lose that experience going into the next game and getting the leveling tag next round? The bonuses don't seem to be applying.

Is it possible you leveled up twice in a round? The bonus seems to be applied after everything else, including you leveling up. So you have a situation where you only level up once in the post-game screen, and then when the bonus are applied you level up again upon entering the next match.

Sh1ner

So guys is there a fix for z fighting when scoping with sniper rifles? I like to spot for my team and can't seem to get rid of the issue.

I got an r9 290 yesterday and am playing at 1080p around 60fps with everything on ultra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom