• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cudder

I'm confused about some of the barrel attachments that have both a positive and negative effect. One might say that it increases accuracy while aiming down the sights, but at the same time it increases vertical recoil. What? How does that work? Doesn't the increase in vertical recoil mean your ADS accuracy is worse? I don't know the difference between stability and accuracy. Anyone care to chime in?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'm confused about some of the barrel attachments that have both a positive and negative effect. One might say that it increases accuracy while aiming down the sights, but at the same time it increases vertical recoil. What? How does that work? Doesn't the increase in vertical recoil mean your ADS accuracy is worse? I don't know the difference between stability and accuracy. Anyone care to chime in?

Stability is recoil. How much does the weapon kick.

Accuracy is: "Did you hit where you were aiming?".

Technically you could have a laser-accurate weapon and have extremely high recoil. The trajectory of the projectiles would be dead-on, but it would be your job to manage the recoil.

Cudder

Stability is recoil. How much does the weapon kick.

Accuracy is: "Did you hit where you were aiming?".

Technically you could have a laser-accurate weapon and have extremely high recoil. The trajectory of the projectiles would be dead-on, but it would be your job to manage the recoil.

See, I can kind of get it, but this doesn't make any sense to me. It's your job to manage the recoil on every gun, so why not just say that every gun is super accurate? :\

To me, accuracy should take into account the amount of kick a gun gives, but I'm not a wiz on guns so what do I know.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
See, I can kind of get it, but this doesn't make any sense to me. It's your job to manage the recoil on every gun, so why not just say that every gun is super accurate? :\

Because they aren't.

In any case: XP boosts may not be a good idea to be used in TDM. Using them for "infantry only" weapon-exp. increases for the DMR and... not good. It's giving me a decent clip but not enough points.

CatPee

Accuracy is purely the spread of the bullets while firing. Stability is how much the barrel of the gun will fluctuate while firing.

If you've ever fired full-auto while ADS on a very stable gun in the game, you'll notice that bullets still have some randomness to them in terms of where they land. The higher the accuracy, the higher the likelihood of your first shot landing exactly where you aimed as well as less spread on subsequent shots.

The level of stability determines how much the position of your gun's barrel changes with every shot. The spread of bullets is unaffected by where the barrel is, but where the barrel is pointed at will definitely have an impact on whether you hit your target or not.

Seanspeed

Banned

To me, accuracy should take into account the amount of kick a gun gives, but I'm not a wiz on guns so what do I know.
Accuracy reduces with distance on any gun and is a measure of how straight an individual shot travels from where your gun is aimed at.

Its just semantics. Overall accuracy/effectiveness of course needs to take recoil into account, but we're just letting you know what that accuracy stat means.

The two values aren't exactly interchangeable, either. A gun with high accuracy but low stability will usually be great at hitting your intended target in short bursts (especially your first shot, which will pretty much hit what you want it to hit), but awful with sustained fire. A gun with high stability but low accuracy will be pretty awful no matter what, but will at least stay pointed where you pointed it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Problem is balancing the two.

I have an ADS accuracy buff at slight penalty to stability accessory (forgetting the name) on my SKS. And I have a foregrip that improves hip-fire accuracy at the cost of... I think accuracy?

But anyway: You'd think having the best of both worlds would work: Nope. Half the time I hip-fire at balls-touching close battles, none of my hits hit their mark. Even if I'm not under the effects of suppression. Drives me crazy.

I think I need to take that foregrip off and just bother with praying that I don't get put under suppression for hip-fire.

Dizzle24

PS4 version here. I'm loving the SP Campaign save glitch. I've had my progress erased 3 times now in a week, with no warning or error messages.

I'm about to shred the fucking disc and mail it to DICE. Or start a class action lawsuit; either will convey my rage right now with this shitty fucking game.

Fantasmo

When I do a non squad leader in game menu voice command.. like "I spotted an enemy", "give me ammo", or "give me health", can a nearby roaming ENEMY infantry hear my character say that if I'm nearby? Does spotting or dropping ammo/health give away my position if someone is close enough?

And let's add to that. Can a nearby enemy infantry hear a squad leader's in game menu squad commands? (commorose I guess it's called)

Nori Chan

How is the game for Xbox One?

Still issues with connections etc?
I have yet to have one problem I had on the 360 happened on the One. It has never frozen and I haven't experienced any lag as of yet and I haven't been kicked.

I even have competent randoms! My only complaint is that there is literally only on server with the second assault dlc.

kamspy

Maybe it's dumb luck, but I read a few people having success defragging their hard drives. I moaned since mine get defragged often enough, but by god I defrage my OS drive and the drive BF4 is on and I'm barely crashing.

YMMV of course, and considering I've only played about 15 rounds since doing this (only 2 crashes and 3 levolutions!(which never crashed)) so MMMV too lol.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Besides the fact that the servers are acting up again (I can only select a handful of servers, getting one-shotted by rifles, rubber-banding), my teammates are especially dumb as rocks today, more-so than usual.

Fix this nonsense DICE, what's the point of having dedicated servers when they act up like this. I always try for one more match with a new search hoping that it clears up, just for it to be the same shit. And because I never like to quit, I always stick it out, and surprisingly still win matches while being pissed the hell off.

Shooting helis with the tank is fun

11156790984_c8dfce1a10_o.gif

I'm seriously starting to dislike this game. I don't know what the hell is wrong with my connections but I'm getting killed quicker than in COD in this fucking game. My enemies seem to take a dozen of quality hits before they drop and for me it feels like I'm dropping from the first two bullets that come my way... Damn, it's been frustrating to play this.

I'm really enjoying this game. I played conquest a lot but now just switch to trying TDM. Is conquest the end all be all of Battlefield 4? What other modes do you think really highlight the game? I wish, there was a big team deathmatch that utilizes 64 players. Are there any other gamemodes on the PS4 that have 64 players besides Conquest?

Okay. I have to confess that I've never in my life played an console shooter online. Played a little Halo offline with friends, but last time was probably a year ago.
I'm pretty much a handheld gamer. I have Killzone mercenary on Vita and I became pretty good in it pretty quickly.
Now that I started BF4 I'm incredibly bad. I don't know what I have to do and my aiming is shit because I'm used to the Vita sticks

Right now I'm happy when I get half as my kills as deaths.

I hope to see improvement soon. I also hope that they fix the crashes. I get barely two games in a row without the game crashing.

Prodigal

Banned
So I'm playing on PC and I keep getting this annoying visual effect...it's like some sort of bloom surge that'll just flash like I'm being shot at or something similar but it'll happen way too frequently and even if nothing is going on around me.

Reckoner

I'm seriously starting to dislike this game. I don't know what the hell is wrong with my connections but I'm getting killed quicker than in COD in this fucking game. My enemies seem to take a dozen of quality hits before they drop and for me it feels like I'm dropping from the first two bullets that come my way... Damn, it's been frustrating to play this.

What level are you? I felt that too until I unlocked better weapons that went along with my playing style.

manhack

Typical B.S.

Been out of town all week. Come back to enjoy double XP "fan appreciation" and can't join a motherf****ing server.

This hasn't changed since the game launched. I spend 20-30 minutes sometimes just trying to get into a game an this is with queue's active now.

Finally unlocked the M1911 or whatever it's called. Time to rack 45 kills with it now.

How is that handgun? I heard rumors that the G18 was the best pistol. What's your opinion on this?

Also I've been playing on the PS4 for 4 days now, besides random hickups with lag and 2 black screens that got stuck while loading I haven't had a lot of problems. No lost data.

Milennia

How is that handgun? I heard rumors that the G18 was the best pistol. What's your opinion on this?

Also I've been playing on the PS4 for 4 days now, besides random hickups with lag and 2 black screens that got stuck while loading I haven't had a lot of problems. No lost data.

G18 kick is ridiculous for anything other than close range or moderately medium range. (So i guess its the best panic pistol if your new and panic when your out of ammo etc.)

I use the g36 as its good for short range due to the spam or medium.

The m1911 however is my favorite single shot due to reload time and range.

G18 kick is ridiculous for anything other than close range or moderately medium range. (So i guess its the best panic pistol if your new and panic when your out of ammo etc.)

I use the g36 as its good for short range due to the spam or medium.

The m1911 however is my favorite single shot due to reload time and range.

Thanks for your input. Any advice on how to effectively grind to get the m1911 as soon as possible?

burney

Neo Member
Anyone else having a problem with experience not taking properly? I'm leveling up after a round only to lose that experience going into the next game and getting the leveling tag next round? The bonuses don't seem to be applying.

The xp from ribbons is lost after the round.

It's been that way since the game launched and I am not sure anymore if it was that way in the beta aswell.

The M1911 is statistically worse than the Compact 45. The Compact 45 has a slightly higher rate of fire (320 vs. 310 shots per minute) and a bigger magazine (11 vs. 8). All the other stats are equal.

The G18, M93R, Shorty 12G and Magnum 44 all have a niche, but I'd say the best 'normal' pistol is the MP443. Short reload, big magazine, high acuracy, while still having one of the highest damage outputs among pistols.

Tekku

Man I just had the best hours with this game so far. We started out playing CQL, me and three friends, and then we got into Rush with four more friends. Everyone was communicating via the party chat (which works awesome btw) and we really got some good teamwork going. I think we won every game and we always placed high on the scoreboard. And no crashes or wierd bugs! I think we got lucky this time.

When this game works - man is it fun. I've played it non-stop this weekend and I just want to get back in again. :)

Seanspeed

Banned
I keep saying I'm giving up on flying a helicopter and I keep trying anyway. And I keep getting a reminder of why I need to just give it up. Its a fucking complete waste of my time, my life, a ticket and a helicopter for my squad. Its fucking impossible.

And its funny cuz I'm also deciding to give up on trying to shoot down helicopters as an Engineer. Its pointless. I've been doing it for about 10 matches now and haven't shot down a single one. Gotten maybe 3 or 4 hits and that's it. It takes more than teamwork as well. It takes multiple people having anti-air rockets. Some people here act like its so easy to just coordinate shit, but its not because you need the right tools for the job and you cant just fucking magically have the right equipment at the time you need it.

EDIT: I also cant get back to 1:1 K/D ratios for the life of me. I cant remember the last time I did it. I have no idea why, but I'm just total garbage at this game. I'm a pretty good shot and I have never had this problem before. This isn't just a few one-off matches. I'm just shit.

Sucks because I want to take a break from this game, but I need to get better and double XP week is NOT the time to take a break because this game deliberately makes some of the good equipment hard to get to encourage microtransactions.

ahuffman

Banned
I'm really enjoying the double xp as well, have gone up about 10 levels so far. Frustrated at how long it is taking to unlock things for pistols and even grenades for me. I have had great luck with mobility kills against choppers at least. I still am terrible at this game, but I am getting a little better. Just wish that every map did not turn into sniper shootouts.

I'm really enjoying the double xp as well, have gone up about 10 levels so far. Frustrated at how long it is taking to unlock things for pistols and even grenades for me. I have had great luck with mobility kills against choppers at least. I still am terrible at this game, but I am getting a little better. Just wish that every map did not turn into sniper shootouts.
Pistol only servers are the fastest way to unlock pistols. Might like it more than the regular game as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom