• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spookie

Just booted up the game for the first time since the second week after release. First person to see me shoots me round a corner.

*Alt + F4*

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
So, every time I try to quickmatch Conquest, I get a TDM server. Never happened until tonight.

Also, DMRs are fun... ish. It's a nice challenge, but I get burnt out after so long.

Seanspeed

Banned
So I've played 3 of the maps.

Two of them are pretty much spent just running to somewhere for 75% of the match, where I'm often getting killed before I get to where I'm going. Pretty, though.....

And I continue my long, long streak of not being able to go 1:1 in a match.

I'm starting to think I should just take a break from this game. Maybe I'll magically be better at it when I come back.

Kibbles

Weird thing happened to me while playing Dragons Pass Conquest:

I was driving around in this tank going to the next flag when I see an enemy standing on a hill. While going up to kill him I noticed there are 3 others standing around shooting him but he doesn't die. I pump a bunch of shots into him and nothing happens. He eventually died soon afterward though. Is there an invincibility glitch I don't know about?

Banoo-qIEAIfm7c.jpg:large

Yeah same map I think, I was playing domination and twice there was a guy prone with no name I was shooting him, wouldn't die but I was able to knife him to kill him. No dogtags or kill notifications popped up though, it was weird.

I am finding that when playing BF4 my mouse profile periodically changes so I have to alt-tab out and set it back to my BF4 one. Going out of the game to change the profile back will often lead to the game crashing too.

I play other games and haven't had this profile changing problem.

Not necessarily blaming the game
I am
but it seems odd that I only experience this when playing BF4.

Sporran

Just fired up the Campaign, gone :( Anyway to recover it, downloaded the cloud save from last night and same problem. Game didnt crash on me either was a clean exit.

Yeah same map I think, I was playing domination and twice there was a guy prone with no name I was shooting him, wouldn't die but I was able to knife him to kill him. No dogtags or kill notifications popped up though, it was weird.

Its a bug. If you're changing your loadout and someone revives you, you get stuck at the revive screen unable to do anything. Only options are to wait out the round or quit.

Just got my copy for the PS4 still shrink wrapped. Can anyone help me out before I open it. I bought the "Day One" edition but on the case there is nothing like on the pictures (where there is a orange bar which says "Day One") did I just get a regular edition or will the code be just inside and there is no mention of it on the case?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Thank you for all the MVP pins tonight, PS4GAF.

Damn, that bad huh?

Miss me, yet?

Guess I won't be playing til this is fixed with the next DLC. The MAV in BF3 was a game ruiner, so annoying.

That's working be design. DICE just needs to make the hit box EXTREMELY small. You can still roadkill with the MAV in BF3
they finally made it explode after doing that
but they made it harder/annoying to do.

Damn, that bad huh?

Miss me, yet?

That's working be design. DICE just needs to make the hit box EXTREMELY small. You can still roadkill with the MAV in BF3
they finally made it explode after doing that
but they made it harder/annoying to do.

Actually we dominated. Dream was on Team gaf.

Spazo

Tried China Rising DLC on PC for the first time this morning...

CTD after 30 sec... good fucking job DICE

Code:
Faulting application name: bf4.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x52963762
Faulting module name: bf4.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x52963762
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000b09c39
Faulting process id: 0x1854
Faulting application start time: 0x01cef0d111979511
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\bf4.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\bf4.exe
Report Id: 878c5d9a-5cc4-11e3-8265-14dae903f11c
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID:

JJD

I'm not one to say such things, or wish any ill will towards people but frankly someone over DICE and EA need to lose their job over how fucking broken this launch has been.

I've suffered through 3 BF launches. I'm used to this. But now it is too much even for a hardcore BF fan like me to deal with.

I wish I had bought the disc version of BF4 so I could return it. I even bought premium and the fucking PS4 version before my console arrived.

The latest patch completely broke the game on the PS3 for me. I'm having all kind of issues including major slowdown on maps I've never experienced it.

For the last 6 hours I have been trying to play this game and failing miserably.

I was trying to grind Op. Locker to get the China Rising assignments done. I did the sniper assignment 7 times now, and I hate snipers. On all those 7 times the game froze on me and I lost my progress and had to start from scratch again.

Because of the freezes I lost a 200% XP boost. I couldn't complete a single match for more than an hour without a crash.

I don't know if I want to keep playing the game like this. Even the fucking server browser is broken. Out of 10 Op. Locker games I tried to join in this last hour, 4 were near the end (less than 50 tickets to finish), 2 were already on the loading screen of Shanghai, 2 froze before the game began. I've managed to join 2 matches near the beginning, on those 2 matches the game crashed on me twice.

I'm not making this shit up. How hard is it to put an option to single out games near the end Dice? How hard is it to fix your fucking game without breaking something else in the process???

You guys are losing players over this, get your shit together!!!

Edit: Even fucking battlelog doesn't work, I can only see my stats, can't check my unlocks, change my loadout or anything else.
Ohhh and my K/D took a plunge from 3.25 to 3.12 while trying to do assignments that didn't unlock because of the crashes. Fuck you Dice.

TheSeks

I told you, man. You shouldn't be using those boosts until it's confirmed the crashes are done.

I've only used one and it was like a 25% and that's only because I was having a good set of rounds that didn't crash on TDM for it.

But yeah, BF4's bugginess is horrendous. I really want a Post Mortum on it.

Overdoziz

Banned
Has anyone else experienced sudden lag spikes recently? For the past few days during matched everything would be fine with little to no lag when suddenly everybody start running in place for 10 seconds and after that the game catches up and goes back to normal. Really annoying.

Spazo

I told you, man. You shouldn't be using those boosts until it's confirmed the crashes are done.

I've only used one and it was like a 25% and that's only because I was having a good set of rounds that didn't crash on TDM for it.

you think crashes are caused by boosts ?? Any info on this ?

JJD

I should have heard your advice man... =(

I don't know what is happening, but on BF3 you still got your points/stats from a game that crashed, but this is not always the case anymore.

I'm pretty certain of this because I was trying to level up my least used class (support) with boosts while doing a few assignments and the game were I unlocked the ammo box froze the PS3. When I finally managed to restart it and join a new game the ammo box was locked again.

TheSeks

I should have heard your advice man... =(

I don't know what is happening, but on BF3 you still got your points/stats from a game that crashed, but this is not always the case anymore.

I'm pretty certain of this because I was trying to level up my least used class (support) with boosts while doing a few assignments and the game were I unlocked the ammo box froze the PS3. When I finally managed to restart it and join a new game the ammo box was locked again.

It's because the round doesn't save until it's done.

And 2XP isn't applied (even with the boosts) until the end of the round. So if your game crashes it's wasted time if the game doesn't save it.

If you unlock something in the round and the game hasn't frozen and you've died: EQUIP IT ASAP. The game will save it and then it'll "relock" it until you unlock it again but because you have it equipped it'll be able to be used until you unlock it permanently again.

TheSeks

He's talking about wasting your bonus exp if you're using the boosts and the game crashes.

Right. If it's 50%+ boosts, save them. If it's 25%, use those because those aren't a huge loss with 2XP happening right now and for the next few days. So you'd still get the same value as if you didn't use those boosts right now.

Whoops, double-post.

Vlaphor

Every singe time I've played so far on my PC, it's ended with a hard lock. Hard enough to require me hitting the reset button on my PC. I don't know if it's the game, or my overclock acting up. I've played through Crysis 3 just fine with my OC, and I've tried increasing the Vcore, but that didn't seem to make a difference in how long it lasted before it froze. Not a clue what to do. Runs pretty smooth until it stops running altogether. Actually kinda liking it (and I think the single player seems ok so far).

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
China Rising is now up across EU PS4 stores.

8o4XrcW.png

You seemingly have to download the 1.1MB version first (it's a redeem code afaik)
Then refresh the store again, at which point another "Free" China Rising will be listed, which is 3.5Gb an is the actual content pack.

Ocho

Not using the XP boosts during 2XP is dumb. It's worth the risk.

You have to wait until the game you were in completes and the results are posted to Battlelog for it to count.

watchdog

Ugh, I'm kinda embarrassed to say that my love for the BF franchise has clouded my judgement and I caved and bought Premium last night. I only played two maps but my impression of it is lukewarm at best. I first tried Dragon Pass and was immediately struck by the ugliness of this map. Lots of brown and flickering on the mountains. And then when I started traversing the map I noticed that that damned sound bug is present in this map too! ARGH! I didn't enjoy the map at all.

The next map on rotation was Silk Road. From what I had seen prior to it's release it looked somewhat interesting. I definitely enjoyed this map a heck of a lot more than Dragon Pass. However, this map also seemed a bit too small for jets. This seems to be a recurring problem with the maps in BF4. Oh, and I also got the sound bug in this map and then the game crashed when the next round was loading. Up until last night I hadn't experienced a crash in over two weeks.

Those were the two maps that I had time to play but I couldn't help but feel a bit disappointed. I sure hope the remaining maps are awesome.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Ugh...

You know your team sucks when you're doing horrible yet are consistently the top player on it. Meanwhile, the other team's 10th best player has a higher score than you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom