• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just doesn't get old parachuting down on top of a tank/vehicle, C4ing them and running away while they are oblivious as to what you just did until you blast them.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I've noticed that whenever I try and take a screenshot in BF4 it records my home screen instead. Hmm.... :D :|

Also the video recorder just doesn't work. That goes for pretty much every game I've tested though. It just doesn't work as advertised. Fix Sony!

antonz

Altai Range would be a cool map if there weren't 85 vehicles per team.

Exactly. They made Rocket launchers too weak if the target isn't painted so the vehicles just gang rape everything. Even 2 or 3 guys firing a rocket at the same time won't kill a tank. Throw in the auto repair skill and it gets stupid

Overdoziz

Banned
I've noticed that whenever I try and take a screenshot in BF4 it records my home screen instead. Hmm.... :D :|

Also the video recorder just doesn't work. That goes for pretty much every game I've tested though. It just doesn't work as advertised. Fix Sony!
What do you mean the video recorder doesn't work? Works fine for me aside from the missing audio. Same for screenshots.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
What do you mean the video recorder doesn't work? Works fine for me aside from the missing audio. Same for screenshots.
It doesn't record anything. I manually started video clips repeatedly ever so often during our games earlier. None were recorded.

Also, is CTF turned off? Can't access it, tells me I need some DLC.

Spl1nter

Exactly. They made Rocket launchers too weak if the target isn't painted so the vehicles just gang rape everything. Even 2 or 3 guys firing a rocket at the same time won't kill a tank. Throw in the auto repair skill and it gets stupid

You guys are crazy. Two shots from the back, 3 from the side, 4 from the front. What more do you want. Can use the double sraw hit to get it down to half health instantly. C4 Bikes, UCAV, mortar.

Cant imagine the crying when you played bf1942/2. You should probably stick to tdm/domination if you find them an issue.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I give up on that assignement. Fuck DICE for making it.

Leaves the 14 bombing run kills to get which is a pain in the ass with bombing run station campers.

Milennia

I give up on that assignement. Fuck DICE for making it.

Leaves the 14 bombing run kills to get which is a pain in the ass with bombing run station campers.

I got 10 ... Then people started sitting at the station all game amd just using the bomber , doing nothing else..

Also just unlocked the assault rife, pretty damn good imo.

Last one is the l9 sniper.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
So it seems Battlefield 4 somehow fucked up my video recorder. It no longer records automatically the last 15 minutes rolling. Nor can I start manual recordings in any game. It just goes into Battlefield 4 captures and shows a video of 3 days ago. Can't figure out how to fix it, nothing seems to work. This is bizarre.

Screenshots work in other games though, but BF4 just caps the home screen as if I'm watching that...

I got 10 ... Then people started sitting at the station all game amd just using the bomber , doing nothing else..

Also just unlocked the assault rife, pretty damn good imo.

Last one is the l9 sniper.

How is the l85 compared to the Ace 23? Unless you don't have the ace 23 yet. I heard it has a lot of vertical recoil.

Don't hate me for this, but which gun is the mostly obviously overpowered, instagib, easymodo, etc.?

I want to know so I can use and nothing but it until i find my feet with online play again.
I haven't played shooters very much since Bad Company 2 and Call of Duty 4.

TheSeks

DMRs are pretty op. I heard the Scar-H is insanely op. I haven't unlocked it yet though.

Only if the odds netcode be ever in your favor.

Point SKS at someone, pump 4 rounds directly into them. They warp two centimeters to the right, shots miss. They kill you.

terrible

Banned
Don't hate me for this, but which gun is the mostly obviously overpowered, instagib, easymodo, etc.?

I want to know so I can use and nothing but it until i find my feet with online play again.

The Assault class still has the best overall guns I think. If you're playing game modes with tons of vehicles that's not going to help much though lol.

For ease of use the 416 and AK-12 (burst-fire mode) are probably tops. The AEK is better than both, you just have to learn to deal with the recoil to be effective at longer distances. I'm not sure it's a great starter gun.

Started a round with the intent of unlocking the L85A2 and had my defib kill, 40mm grenade kill and pistol kill all done within 45 seconds (spawning behind a squad of enemy campers is always fun). Of course I didn't have 3 Assault ribbons unlocked yet (I guess progress towards those pre-CR doesn't count) so none of it fucking matters. We stomped them so completely on Conquest that I only had time to get 2 of the ribbons.

TheSeks

Started a round with the intent of unlocking the L85A2 and had my defib kill, 40mm grenade kill and pistol kill all done within 45 seconds (spawning behind a squad of enemy campers is always fun). Of course I didn't have 3 Assault ribbons unlocked yet (I guess progress towards those pre-CR doesn't count) so none of it fucking matters. We stomped them so completely on Conquest that I only had time to get 2 of the ribbons.

So get the third one and then do it. Once you get two they count toward that.

Silk Road is horrible, horrible map.

Also Sorry to those folks I couldn't play and talk with today.

Had family over distracting me, every now and again.

Grief.exe

Silk Road is horrible, horrible map.

Also Sorry to those folks I couldn't play and talk with today.

Had family over distracting me, every now and again.

Its interesting how many similarities you can draw between Silk Road and Firestorm.

At the most basic level, they are just two large deserts with various buildings placed at random points. I would say Silk Road is a little more interesting as the building placement allows for more compelling infantry battles and the height difference going through the desert.

Why Dice chose to remake Firestorm for Second Assault I will never know. For that matter, choosing Metro to remake seemed like a poor decision as they already have Lockers in BF4.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I'm still annoyed at the CR assignments saying 0/1 for the non-ribbon things even after I did all of them. So whenever I get a pistol kill, it tells me I progressed that already completed assignment at the end of the game.

DarkFlow

Banned
These new maps just suck. I feel like BF4 is kind of gone overboard with the Armor on some of the maps. If I'm not a Eng, I just get mowed down by tanks and LAV's left and right, shit is annoying and rather boring.

I think the maps are pretty solid. Haven't played Altai, yet. They are rather vehicle heavy, but its also cool to roll into 5 v 5 tank battles.

I haven't had a single crash on the new maps and it looks like CA is fixed, for me. Did have the sound bug once on Dragon Pass.

Regarding the xp boosts:

Would I get more playing five 11-minute TDM matches or three Conquest matches? Provided the Conquest matches don't crash, of course. Or would they be the same, theoretically? I got one 200% XP booster and I was thinking about applying it tonight but wasn't sure what mode was the best for it.

DTKT

LOLOLOL (ahh, was posted on the last page)

WTF Dice. After the MAV I can't believe they put in something else like this.

That looks really fun though. I'd love to see a server where people just crashed those into each other.

Don't they test their own game? What the hell is wrong with their testing process that something that bad is getting released.

Milennia

Ace 52, Ace 23, M416 are the top played and overall guns in the game right now easily.

For a quick reference, go watch the dreamhack tournament,

Ace 52, Ace 23, M416 are the top played and overall guns in the game right now easily.

For a quick reference, go watch the dreamhack tournament,

Why am I not surprised. the Ace 52 is up there. The kind of work that gun does is evil. I've been running it with the FLIR scope and maaaaaaaaaaan. I'm straight up savaging people. I look forward to trying out the Ace 23 when I finish with the last prerequisite (I think I have 15 more medic/healing ribbons to earn or something).

M416 didn't really stand out to me, so I'm surprised it's so high. Most of the highly regarded guns stood out to me in my testing.

Milennia

Why am I not surprised. the Ace 52 is up there. The kind of work that gun does is evil. I've been running it with the FLIR scope and maaaaaaaaaaan. I'm straight up savaging people. I look forward to trying out the Ace 23 when I finish with the last prerequisite (I think I have 15 more medic/healing ribbons to earn or something).

M416 didn't really stand out to me, so I'm surprised it's so high. Most of the highly regarded guns stood out to me in my testing.

Its just the well rounded gun of this battlefield for sure, not much else really, performs well at moderate ranges even with a silencer.

The l85 is looking great from what i can tell so far as well, its a bit annoying prior to the late unlocks due to the massive vertical kick.

That range and that rpm are crazy.

Edit : just got the last CR weapon, l96... They force you to use the iron sights at the start lol.

I don't like this gun in comparison to the BF3 version.. Just feels like its on the more short range side of things as opposed to the SRR.

TheSeks

when does double xp end and at what time ?

also, i've seen a level 103 in the scoreboard.

dafuq ???

Completely possible with double xp and boosts.

Or they cheated with flag capping servers, whichever.

As for 2XP: Doesn't end until Sunday for Premium. Ends 2AM-ish PST on Friday for non-Premium.

isual

Completely possible with double xp and boosts.

Or they cheated with flag capping servers, whichever.

As for 2XP: Doesn't end until Sunday for Premium. Ends 2AM-ish PST on Friday for non-Premium.

yeah. I was like. what the heck ?

how can you get to that rank so fast

Milennia

I think i have been revived once out of about 20 games... I usually just have medics stand over my body and run away, no fucks.

zam

Edit : just got the last CR weapon, l96... They force you to use the iron sights at the start lol.
Just equip the scope that is unlocked for the L96 from the start. Why it doesn't automatically equip it I don't know but it should be unlocked by default.

Milennia

Just equip the scope that is unlocked for the L96 from the start. Why it doesn't automatically equip it I don't know but it should be unlocked by default.

Thanks i see it now.. It didnt hae that orange cut off in the corner indicating a new attatchment or anything.

A few things:

1) What is that annoying 3d-ish effect that blurs the screen all the time? Shit looms terrible.
2) What's with all of the CoD kids coming to this game and teabagging and using grenade launchers only?
3) Milly, you're a quitting whore.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
A few things:

1) What is that annoying 3d-ish effect that blurs the screen all the time? Shit looms terrible.
2) What's with all of the CoD kids coming to this game and teabagging and using grenade launchers only?
3) Milly, you're a quitting whore.

1) when a Commander uses EMP.

It's patched out in the patch that has yet to launch on PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom