• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanzou

Tried to join a China rising server even though I am not premium and can;t play it until later this month. It prompted me to download an 800MB patch which was obviously not the CHIna Rising content, what was this patch for?

TheContact

At $300 you'd be better off with the 280X, but it's OOS absolutely everywhere at the minute. If you want to stick to Nvidia the 760 is a nice card but a tier below the 280X.

AH now I'm torn. I really _can_ wait, I'm not in a super rush for it and my GTX 460 at least plays the game alright. The only thing holding me back is it's Radeon, I guess you could say I'm an Nvidia Fanboy, since 2001 I've never owned anything but Nvidia. Any idea when these would be in stock?

todahawk

Patch is delayed for PS4, for reasons unknown.

GAF: "Not for reasons unknown. Look. I told you they rushed the game on EA orders to get this thing out the door for next-gen launch; which destroyed my single player save, my K/D ratio and your expensive meta-critic rating."

PeterMooreEA: "The PR team that went over your basement man-cave centimeter by centimeter said they found no evidence of the abomination you described."

GAF: "Good. That's because I threw it out of the goddamn window."

PeterMooreEA: *looks to MarketingGoonEA* "Are there any features or bugs like this on Battlefield 4™?"

MarketingGoonEA: "None. It's solid. No reviews or media reports that describe a problem."

GAF: "Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? Ma'am, I already said that it was not being reported. They were derelict of their duties. We homed in on the hype."

MarketingGoonEA: "And found something never recorded once in over 400 online reviews.'A game that gestates inside a next-gen host,' ...these are your words GAF, 'and has concentrated bullshit for netcode.'"

GAF: "Look. I can see where this is going-"

PeterMooreEA: "Thank you, GAF, that will be all."

GAF: "GODAMMIT that's not all, because if word-of-mouth about this spreads then that will be all... and all this, this Levolution™ PR bullshit, the Premium memberships and DLC revenue that you think is so important. You can just kiss all that goodbye."

=======================

EA game file status: CLO$ED

=======================

Bob White

Way out of the loop, so can someone help me out? Second Assault is out on Xbone, but not PC? Is that the case with China Rising? If not, how the hell do I download China Rising on PC? Like, where do I click?

Also, that 800mb download I got this morning wasn't the new DLC, right?

EVIL

I have the filter set up to only show games with 1-5 free slots, but full games still show up.

that's because most servers as soon as they are found are filled. so you get a ton of 63 player filled servers that almost immediately get filled to 64 or more

Way out of the loop, so can someone help me out? Second Assault is out on Xbone, but not PC? Is that the case with China Rising? If not, how the hell do I download China Rising on PC? Like, where do I click?

Also, that 800mb download I got this morning wasn't the new DLC, right?
Second assault is only out on Xbox one at the moment.
In the case of China Rising, do you own premium? Its only available to premium players at the moment. Those who got it as a preorder bonus will get it at a later date (~@#!@$!$%%!@)

DarkFlow

Banned
Have they said when we get second assault for us plebs on PC? On a positive note, bf4 running like shit has made me pick back up guild wars 2. Pretty fun game.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Have they said when we get second assault for us plebs on PC? On a positive note, bf4 running like shit has made me pick back up guild wars 2. Pretty fun game.

Past February. X-box exclusive until then.

Ark

I get it now. The crashes are obnoxious as fuck in conquest. How the hell did they screw this up so badly and why is there not an uproar about it outside of GAF threads? Four crashes in conquest tonight. Operation Locker, Siege of Shanghai, Floodzone, and Dawnbreaker. And in EVERY game it's always when either team reaches ~ 80 tickets.

Does anyone know if your progress/score is saved when it crashes? The games still appear in my Battlelog as won/loss and my scores are there too.

gossi

Loving the new bug where you die, get resurrected, die, but then can't respawn. So you have to quit the match or wait until it ends.

Battlefield: QA Department.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I get it now. The crashes are obnoxious as fuck in conquest. How the hell did they screw this up so badly and why is there not an uproar about it outside of GAF threads? Four crashes in conquest tonight. Operation Locker, Siege of Shanghai, Floodzone, and Dawnbreaker. And in EVERY game it's always when either team reaches ~ 80 tickets.

Does anyone know if your progress/score is saved when it crashes? The games still appear in my Battlelog as won/loss and my scores are there too.

If the server crashes, everything from (at least) the round is lost.

If just your game crashes, stats are saved. Unless you rejoin the server...

This is how it worked in BF3.

TheSeks

Bombing Raid seems to be Conquest only, unless I'm not able to find it. Just like the Gunship.

At least I got the UAV unlocked. Just leaves the 15 kills from Bombing Runs and destroying a Bombing Run now. Then Jet Kills (ugh).

kharma45

AH now I'm torn. I really _can_ wait, I'm not in a super rush for it and my GTX 460 at least plays the game alright. The only thing holding me back is it's Radeon, I guess you could say I'm an Nvidia Fanboy, since 2001 I've never owned anything but Nvidia. Any idea when these would be in stock?

280X will also get Mantle, but no word on how much of an improvement in BF4 it'll make.

Nvidia's stuff is nice and you get the likes of GSync, Shadowplay etc. too. Anything from the 760, 770 and 280X is good.

Stainless

After update, I played 2 long matches without the sound loop crash. For some reason it really seems like my fps is higher. Going back in, admittedly pessimistic and expecting the crash

Ark

If the server crashes, everything from (at least) the round is lost.

If just your game crashes, stats are saved. Unless you rejoin the server...

This is how it worked in BF3.

Well that's reassuring then. Not quite as furious as I was 20 minutes ago.

EDIT: I probably should have mentioned that I'm on PS4. I'd have posted it in the other thread but it's pretty dead in there.

S0cc3rpunk

Unconfirmed Member
if your DLC isn't getting recognized make sure to on Xbox One You have to go to the xbox Home sreen, click menu button, select "Quit". Then start the game again. Then the install finishes. on PS4 take out the disc and insert it then it should fully install it.

Hope this helped some of you :)

RoKKeR

So, China Rising on 360... just puts me at the load screen which promptly goes black with endless loops of the intro music.

Sound about right for everyone else?

GAF: "Not for reasons unknown. Look. I told you they rushed the game on EA orders to get this thing out the door for next-gen launch; which destroyed my single player save, my K/D ratio and your expensive meta-critic rating."

PeterMooreEA: "The PR team that went over your basement man-cave centimeter by centimeter said they found no evidence of the abomination you described."

GAF: "Good. That's because I threw it out of the goddamn window."

PeterMooreEA: *looks to MarketingGoonEA* "Are there any features or bugs like this on Battlefield 4™?"

MarketingGoonEA: "None. It's solid. No reviews or media reports that describe a problem."

GAF: "Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? Ma'am, I already said that it was not being reported. They were derelict of their duties. We homed in on the hype."

MarketingGoonEA: "And found something never recorded once in over 400 online reviews.'A game that gestates inside a next-gen host,' ...these are your words GAF, 'and has concentrated bullshit for netcode.'"

GAF: "Look. I can see where this is going-"

PeterMooreEA: "Thank you, GAF, that will be all."

GAF: "GODAMMIT that's not all, because if word-of-mouth about this spreads then that will be all... and all this, this Levolution™ PR bullshit, the Premium memberships and DLC revenue that you think is so important. You can just kiss all that goodbye."

=======================

EA game file status: CLO$ED

=======================

BF4/10

gossi

if your DLC isn't getting recognized make sure to on Xbox One You have to go to the xbox Home sreen, click menu button, select "Quit". Then start the game again. Then the install finishes. on PS4 take out the disc and insert it then it should fully install it.

Hope this helped some of you :)

Quoted for truth. On Xbox you have to kill the game process and start it again, as DICE haven't coded any in game checking or process resumption support.

TheSeks

Holy shit, I thought it was just until January.

Unless DICE deviates from the course they charted last year, it'd be REALLY weird to have a second map pack from them out within a month of the last one. We're looking at 2-3 months for Second Assault, even if it's "already done" in terms of content pipe-line.

ugh, just spent an hour with xbox tech support because i can't sign into XBL on my profile. other profiles work, but not mine. still not resolved either... was working fine when i played BF4 a few days ago! i blame EA/DICE.

TheSeks

Dragon Valley Rush is so weird. The map is a circle even in Rush. To where the set-placements are really fucking bizarre and trying to find the travel points is crazy.

I'm not impressed with the UAV. It's a flying... laser designator, something the MAV can't do, but at least the MAV doesn't contentiously move forward like a jet with jet controls.

Milennia

Dragon Valley Rush is so weird. The map is a circle even in Rush. To where the set-placements are really fucking bizarre and trying to find the travel points is crazy.

I'm not impressed with the UAV. It's a flying... laser designator, something the MAV can't do, but at least the MAV doesn't contentiously move forward like a jet with jet controls.

Jet controls? Wtf.

So I'm pretty new to Sony and I'm new to Battlefield. Bought premium and it downloaded and installed in two seconds. Where the heck do I find/download/install the maps that came out today? Tell me premium comes with all the map packs?

TheSeks

Jet controls? Wtf.

Yep. Up is down and down is up.

I think you can control the speed with W/S, forward/back like the jets but I haven't been able to have it last too long to even know.

It's just a PDL/SOFLAM that flies unless there's some other use to it. Might as well use the PDL instead unless you REALLY need the height advantage on like... Shanghai with a camping behind the building tank.

Milennia

So I'm pretty new to Sony and I'm new to Battlefield. Bought premium and it downloaded and installed in two seconds. Where the heck do I find/download/install the maps that came out today? Tell me premium comes with all the map packs?

The store isn't fully updated yet according to EA atm, so most likely china rising will show up in the store section of the main menu at around 7 pst at the latest from what I'm reading.

Does anyone know if it's possible for servers to mix the default maps with the new maps? Not seeing a single server running China Rising maps with default maps also in the rotation.

TheSeks

Does anyone know if it's possible for servers to mix the default maps with the new maps? Not seeing a single server running China Rising maps with default maps also in the rotation.

There are, we're in one right now (PC) but people bail as soon as the vanilla maps show up. LMAO. No one wants to play that crap until they're tired of the new maps in a week or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom