• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonz

Did they nerf rockets or something? The lack of anyone painting any targets means even using 4 javelins you aren't killing a tank or apc especially if they get the auto repair skill.

HariKari

Silk Road on domination is a Call of Duty love letter. I couldn't believe what I was playing at first. That's the new grind map, I guarantee it.

Played my first round after buying the game the other day. I was stuttering on even the lowest settings, at one point my screen was vibrating and then i jumped back to where I was 20 seconds ago. The game also decides to pause at random times for up to 5 seconds. Of course, the icing on the cake was the crash to desktop after 5 minutes of this torture. There is no way this game should act like this (5970, i7 920 @ 3.6GHz), my rig plays bf3 like butter. I'm guessing it is a crossfire issue since I have a dual card. I'm regretting the $20 I spent on this game.

What a mess.

antonz

Played my first round after buying the game the other day. I was stuttering on even the lowest settings, at one point my screen was vibrating and then i jumped back to where I was 20 seconds ago. The game also decides to pause at random times for up to 5 seconds. Of course, the icing on the cake was the crash to desktop after 5 minutes of this torture. There is no way this game should act like this (5970, i7 920 @ 3.6GHz), my rig plays bf3 like butter. I'm guessing it is a crossfire issue since I have a dual card. I regretting the $20 I spent on this game.

What a mess.

It could be CPU. I had to overclock my 2500k from stock to get the game to run smooth.

Finally got a chance to settle down and play BF4 on PS4 today. Most everything went well. I got one dropped connection. When I selected Team Deathmatch I got a Conquest game and then when I selected Conquest I got a Team Deathmatch. I felt like the game was messing with me. No crashes, though.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
PS4 premium page says China Rising is "Out Now" instead of "Out Today" now yet it's still not there.

Welcome to SCEA update times.

If the store isn't up at 5PM EST, expect it to be up at Midnight.

vixlar

I just played three maps on China Rising (they repeated Silk Road instead of chosing Dragon whatever) and I can say that I had a lot of fun. The maps are big, full of vehicles, explosions everywhere, snipers you can't see, battlefield moments...

I thought Silk Road was going to be a boring map, but I can say is great. It has some dunes and elevations that you can use to flank on vehicles. Being a medic is hard, though.

I just saw some videos of Air Superiority. It is cool that one map is for Attack Choppers. But I think that it coul be better if each map was for an air vehicle in particular.

TheSeks

Getting sick of getting the Bombing Run in lock-on range only... for someone to steal the downing.

Or camping at the bombing run and getting taken out only for someone else that was camping there to be completely fine and then running into the bombing run.

Fucks sake, as soon as I get the last 14 kills in that bombing run station, I'm not going anywhere near that shit again.

Overdoziz

Banned
Great news! The Player Appreciation Double Exp Week has been extended by two more days!

mDfcsrO.jpg

oh...

PatzCU

Just got an audio loop crash for the first time in several days. Fuck you DICE, seriously. I'm getting sick of this shit. The fact that I pre-ordered the game, 'OWN' the first DLC pack, but can't play it because I'm not a premium member is just fucking despicable. Who gives a shit about double XP? How about showing some legit customer appreciation and unlocking the DLC 'early' for everyone who bought your piece of shit game before realizing it was one giant beta test?

Like hell I'm buying premium for BF4.

TheSeks

Well, that just leaves suffering the last sniper unlock to get and the last DMR to get before easy street Shotguns and Carbines. >_>

Darknight

So why cant I play Conquest on PS4? Is that mode disabled for now? I try it and it send me to some other game mode. Tried plenty of times.

I feel dirty buying the bundle on Amazon but I like to have this on the HDD :(

Forgive me GAF for I have sinned...

multivac

I've managed to play a few rounds on China Rising and they were amazing, but now I can't connect to any China Rising servers on PC because it keeps popping up and telling me I have to have the China Rising expansion to play. Guess what, I fucking do! I've given this game a million chances, and I continue to love it, but fucking COME ON already. Does ANYTHING work as expected?

So why cant I play Conquest on PS4? Is that mode disabled for now? I try it and it send me to some other game mode. Tried plenty of times.

I feel dirty buying the bundle on Amazon but I like to have this on the HDD :(

Forgive me GAF for I have sinned...

It's hit or miss. I selected Conquest and got TDM. I selected TDM and got Conquest.

TheSeks

You should go take a shower first to clean off all the whoring around.

Hey, I just had a kinda good run with Scogoth in a Locker camping session where I got like 2-3 headshots that went to unlock the sniper before the last one unlocked. Suppression and headshots.

Too bad Marksmen medals is a bit fucked up. IIRC it's like 500 meters or whatever for those to be gained instead of 5 headshots. Otherwise I'd probably have a few more than I do for Sniper Expert. :/

Really, DMR's are the bigger pain in the ass for me right now. Due to the stupid hit detection to where I can put the bead on someone and then they warp three centimeters to the right, try to regain and get hit.

Milennia

Hey, I just had a kinda good run with Scogoth in a Locker camping session where I got like 2-3 headshots that went to unlock the sniper before the last one unlocked. Suppression and headshots.

Too bad Marksmen medals is a bit fucked up. IIRC it's like 500 meters or whatever for those to be gained instead of 5 headshots. Otherwise I'd probably have a few more than I do for Sniper Expert. :/

Really, DMR's are the bigger pain in the ass for me right now. Due to the stupid hit detection to where I can put the bead on someone and then they warp three centimeters to the right, try to regain and get hit.

Thats my problem with unlocking the dmrs.. I also hate hit markers with single shot weapons.. They always get away , I'm terrible with them on top of the netcode -.- the snipers were one of the easier ones for me, almost done with expert finally.

TheSeks

quick question for anyone that has a soldier camo,
does it appear in first person?
I know the standard sets don't appear correctly.

ERDL

Normal/Default

(Yes, that's the same image, no I'm not wrong in posting it like that. Switching from the default makes this the permanent one for soliders if you switch back to default. Try it yourself. It seems the default is bugged and doesn't show anything like you're saying.)

Speaking of bugs:

Frozen in mid-air rocket! Had that circling a helicopter Stinger/IGLA bug happen to me as well earlier.

Hey DICE: The above is awesome and you should allow more people in squads. Just because.

Can someone explain how the Field Upgrades work? I dont get how you go up in levels, is it permanent? or match based?

Also, I lost my SP save, which sucks, haha. BUT I played like 4 hours of MP and it didnt crash and was fucking awesome the whole time!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Can someone explain how the Field Upgrades work? I dont get how you go up in levels, is it permanent? or match based?

Also, I lost my SP save, which sucks, haha. BUT I played like 4 hours of MP and it didnt crash and was fucking awesome the whole time!

Think those are promotions your commander gives you.

ERDL

Normal/Default

(Yes, that's the same image, no I'm not wrong in posting it like that. Switching from the default makes this the permanent one for soliders if you switch back to default. Try it yourself. It seems the default is bugged and doesn't show anything like you're saying.)

Thanks. even though its a minor thing I was worried it would be like standard and not be correct, would just bug me.
China's default is grey camo sleeves in first person but the character models are wearing all black lol
American recon has plain tan sleeves on the model but Multicam in first person.

now if I could just get my vet battlepack or one from a regular pack.

pants

How many people play in the EuroGAF clan? When I get decent enough to not make a fool of myself I may sign up.

vixlar

It is 250 meters. But is not in one shot. You can do two 100 meter headshots and one 50 meters. Or any combination than adds up 250 meters.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I load up Dragon Pass for the first time on PS4, and the sound is out for half the map and there's severe rubberbanding. Sweet!

EDIT: Can't hear the dirtbikes most of the time, either!

I am so tired of playing through an entire campaign
just to get an arbitrary choice to make at the end where none of them are actually a good ending.

Ugh.

Dug

Banned
Weird thing happened to me while playing Dragons Pass Conquest:

I was driving around in this tank going to the next flag when I see an enemy standing on a hill. While going up to kill him I noticed there are 3 others standing around shooting him but he doesn't die. I pump a bunch of shots into him and nothing happens. He eventually died soon afterward though. Is there an invincibility glitch I don't know about?

Banoo-qIEAIfm7c.jpg:large

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Weird thing happened to me while playing Dragons Pass Conquest:

I was driving around in this tank going to the next flag when I see an enemy standing on a hill. While going up to kill him I noticed there are 3 others standing around shooting him but he doesn't die. I pump a bunch of shots into him and nothing happens. He eventually died soon afterward though. Is there an invincibility glitch I don't know about?]

I saw the same thing, they can't kill people and they can't be killed. So whoever is back there is useless for their team.

antonz

I like the new maps it just seems like too many vehicles with the weakness of rockets with no one painting targets. Javelins do like 15% damage if the target isn't painted. Throw in most of the time the tankers squad has the auto repair and the vehicles require way too many rockets to effectively kill them.

Later on if people start painting targets it might even up a bit but I am not holding my breath.

The huge bugs are still prevalent in the game, after a little over a month, last time I pre order a EA/DICE game. I got some good hours into the game but they were also filled with frustration, I mean we should be gaming to have fun and relax, not with this game.

I see other devs, hell even indie devs patch their game hours to days after big bugs are found but it takes Dice over two weeks to release a patch that hardly fixes anything.. sigh lol I mean they have Origin for fucks sake, perfect method to release constant patches.

/endrant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom