• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOLOLOL (ahh, was posted on the last page)

WTF Dice. After the MAV I can't believe they put in something else like this.

That looks really fun though. I'd love to see a server where people just crashed those into each other.

Lkr

I really wish I had gotten in on the PC sale. My friend bought it and I need a battlefield fix so bad now, even if the game is broken

zma1013

New bug. Sometimes I spawn into a tank and it looks like this

Not new, been there since day one. Press C twice to fix.

anyone know whats up with soldier emblems on battlelog?
gotten them 3 times from battlepacks but its still just the basic 12 available.

There are very, very minor differences. Like their heads might be turned 2° more to the left or something. Look closer, they are different, but it's really stupid how minor of a change it is.

no angel

4 games 4 hard disconnects to the dash. Xbone.

Fuck
This
Shit

Edit

Now 5 for 5.
When this game works it's so much fun if happily fork out for premium but I'll be fucked if I'm paying a penny for anything to do with his buggy pos until it's fixed. Fuck you dice you've ruined my christmas.

So the deal with the China Rising DLC is that on PC you have to own Premium in order to play it now? And everyone else that got it by just preordering has to wait an arbitrary 2 weeks?

Divus

So the deal with the China Rising DLC is that on PC you have to own Premium in order to play it now? And everyone else that got it by just preordering has to wait an arbitrary 2 weeks?

Yes

I must be one of the lucky ones because I almost never crash and get smothered with the stupid boosts. I'm going to be at max level within a month and I never made it on BF3.

JJD

Tried a few games again.

The game isn't disconnecting and crashing every 5 minutes like earlier today, but on the other hand it is now a laggy mess.

I'm getting killed before hit markers show me were the shots are coming from. And I guess it's not the 1 hit kill bug since it is constant now.

Damn, I really wanna get pissed and angry about this but I just feel sad. My K/D is dropping vertiginously, I know I shouldn't worry about stats but it's disheartening to see all this shit happening when you know full well it isn't your fault.

Can't play the game like this. I think I'm just going to play Killzone when my PS4 arrives. Maybe I'll buy NFS Rivals or AC and just forget about BF.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
If anybody is wondering (have an Xbone too), Second Assault maps are actually really well done.

That's good, though I would have given anything for Kharg Island over Firestorm. I've been left wanting for a good sniping map.

Zeppelin

Javs do 50% damage to painted targets. Maybe you hit them at the same time as someone else?

Yes, I know this at least used to be the case. But I'm pretty sure I was the only one fireing on them this time, and it happened like 3-4 times in one round. But sure, if someone else hasn't experienced the same thing it might have been a bug/coincidence.

I must be one of the lucky ones because I almost never crash and get smothered with the stupid boosts. I'm going to be at max level within a month and I never made it on BF3.

Same for me. Very few crashes and when they happen it's usually between maps. I think BF3 was more shaky for me actually (mostly Battlelog stuff then though).

I keep forgetting to try this out.

Yes, I know this at least used to be the case. But I'm pretty sure I was the only one fireing on them this time, and it happened like 3-4 times in one round. But sure, if someone else hasn't experienced the same thing it might have been a bug/coincidence.

Hmm, the 50% number was pulled by Symthic, so I'm sure it's right, but we're living in a world of 1HK bugs, so who knows how it is actually acting.

Kak.efes

Tried a few games again.

The game isn't disconnecting and crashing every 5 minutes like earlier today, but on the other hand it is now a laggy mess.

I'm getting killed before hit markers show me were the shots are coming from. And I guess it's not the 1 hit kill bug since it is constant now.

Damn, I really wanna get pissed and angry about this but I just feel sad. My K/D is dropping vertiginously, I know I shouldn't worry about stats but it's disheartening to see all this shit happening when you know full well it isn't your fault.

Can't play the game like this. I think I'm just going to play Killzone when my PS4 arrives. Maybe I'll buy NFS Rivals or AC and just forget about BF.

That's really shitty to hear. I have the game, but I've been putting off playing it until all its issues have been ironed out. Is the state of the game worse now than it was on release? That's what it sounds like.

I'll give it one more month. In the interim, there are plenty of other games to play.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Not using the XP boosts during 2XP is dumb. It's worth the risk.

Not really, you can get to level 50 pretty fast. It's then a matter of slowly grinding. I'm already 61 and that's with a minor boost. From 31 earlier this week. 30 levels of grinding from a week of double-xp with crashes and other shit going on, not too bad. That's like two months of 2XP seperated with one more within the next two days.

And without having to worry about server crashes taking my battlepack boosts. :)

That's really shitty to hear. I have the game, but I've been putting off playing it until all its issues have been ironed out. Is the state of the game worse now than it was on release? That's what it sounds like.

The maps have a weird "lag" going on since the client update. I dunno what the problem is there, but it happens now and then and it's really jarring. Going into ADS stutters and "hangs" for a few minutes, really asking to be killed in those moments. :/

Again: I really want a post mortum on "what went wrong" from DICE on Gamasutra/Game Developer Magazine.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I've had no crash issues for like a week now (PS4), but I'm still getting sound glitches on large conquest maps, and the server list is really bad.

Also, why don't they have a que to get into a full server, like in Battlefield 3? I hate mashing X 'til a spot opens.

Ocho

Not really, you can get to level 50 pretty fast. It's then a matter of slowly grinding. I'm already 61 and that's with a minor boost. From 31 earlier this week. 30 levels of grinding from a week of double-xp with crashes and other shit going on, not too bad. That's like two months of 2XP seperated with one more within the next two days.

And without having to worry about server crashes taking my battlepack boosts. :)

If you have crashes every map, it's not worth. But if you have a crash every 3-4 maps (like I do), then it's definitively worth using the boosts during 2xp. If you only get 30 minutes of 200% xp during 2xp (because you crashed once), it's still worth.

If we put this in numbers, you are level 61 with 102h 51m. I'm level 70 with 79h, 34m. I've been using 200%, 100%, 50% xp boosts whenever available (and when I remember to activate them). Right now I have a stock of boosts I won't even finish during the remaining 2xp days (since I get more boosts because my xp gains are a joke right now). I've leveled up 26 times in 21 hours of double xp.

Spl1nter

Official Ocho quote on the new maps, "I like these maps, good number of tanks."

I think Ocho was the only one who crashed yesterday playing the new maps.

todahawk

Thank you for all the MVP pins tonight, PS4GAF.

How many did you get? Was that when we were steamrolling every obliteration match in in 8 minutes or less?

BTW, I'll be posting the gif of my roadkill on ya with the chopper later tonight :p

yes seks, we miss you... and every time I'm not sure what loadout to use I think "what kit would Seks use?"

1upmuffin

Why do we tolerate this shit?

Because when it isn't constantly crashing or bugging out or not letting people play or losing track of your stats or counting crashes as game leaves or rubber banding or doing any other of it's bullshit then it's a pretty fun game.

TheSeks

If you have crashes every map, it's not worth. But if you have a crash every 3-4 maps (like I do), then it's definitively worth using the boosts during 2xp. If you only get 30 minutes of 200% xp during 2xp (because you crashed once), it's still worth.

If we put this in numbers, you are level 61 with 102h 51m. I'm level 70 with 79h, 34m. I've been using 200%, 100%, 50% xp boosts whenever available (and when I remember to activate them). Right now I have a stock of boosts I won't even finish during the remaining 2xp days (since I get more boosts because my xp gains are a joke right now). I've leveled up 26 times in 21 hours of double xp.

WHOOSH.

Levels don't matter this outing since DICE hasn't put anything but assignments to the levels.

The inconsistency of crashes is what my point is. Yes, sometimes you can get through a 200% boost without wasting it. But when crashes happen EVERY. ROUND. or every 2-3 rounds? And you can't get it to be a consistent pattern to where you can go "oh, crash coming up, don't want to waste a boost of timer on a crash that won't save my stats/calculate the boost?"

Not worth it. Which is my point. You can rank up right now in double-XP just as if you were using those boosts without a double-XP going on.

Yes the stacking is worthwhile and yes you can rank up faster with them both doubled, but since Rank matters little... who cares? Save your 50+ boosts until you're sure your 1 hour time granted isn't wasted trying to even get to the end of a round for it to calculate.

Grief.exe

You should be saving those 200% boosts for double XP weekends anyways. Burn off the 25% ones during general periods.

The double XP event extends until tomorrow and then there is a premium one coming up as well.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Because when it isn't constantly crashing or bugging out or not letting people play or losing track of your stats or counting crashes as game leaves or rubber banding or doing any other of it's bullshit then it's a pretty fun game.

While I fully agree, it's just ridiculous.
This is the last time I'm playing a Battlefield game at launch. I've only played BC2, BF3 and now BF4 at launch... but they're progressively getting worse. I understand and appreciate ambition. I cannot tolerate laziness or being sold an unfinished product.
Even the DLC is bugged, and apparently the new patch is making things worse.

Cmon dice... just... cmon.

I'm not one to say such things, or wish any ill will towards people but frankly someone over DICE and EA need to lose their job over how fucking broken this launch has been.

I've suffered through 3 BF launches. I'm used to this. But now it is too much even for a hardcore BF fan like me to deal with.

I wish I had bought the disc version of BF4 so I could return it. I even bought premium and the fucking PS4 version before my console arrived.

The latest patch completely broke the game on the PS3 for me. I'm having all kind of issues including major slowdown on maps I've never experienced it.

For the last 6 hours I have been trying to play this game and failing miserably.

I was trying to grind Op. Locker to get the China Rising assignments done. I did the sniper assignment 7 times now, and I hate snipers. On all those 7 times the game froze on me and I lost my progress and had to start from scratch again.

Because of the freezes I lost a 200% XP boost. I couldn't complete a single match for more than an hour without a crash.

I don't know if I want to keep playing the game like this. Even the fucking server browser is broken. Out of 10 Op. Locker games I tried to join in this last hour, 4 were near the end (less than 50 tickets to finish), 2 were already on the loading screen of Shanghai, 2 froze before the game began. I've managed to join 2 matches near the beginning, on those 2 matches the game crashed on me twice.

I'm not making this shit up. How hard is it to put an option to single out games near the end Dice? How hard is it to fix your fucking game without breaking something else in the process???

You guys are losing players over this, get your shit together!!!

Edit: Even fucking battlelog doesn't work, I can only see my stats, can't check my unlocks, change my loadout or anything else.
Ohhh and my K/D took a plunge from 3.25 to 3.12 while trying to do assignments that didn't unlock because of the crashes. Fuck you Dice.

When are you switching to PS4 anyway?
The crashing has been less frequent for us, about once every 4-5 rounds.

Bread

Banned
I've had at least 4 rounds of Obliteration end due to the enemy blowing up all of the locations, but the bomb was in my team's possession...

The games are ending early for no reason and it's getting kind of annoying.

Ocho

Official Ocho quote on the new maps, "I like these maps, good number of tanks."

I think Ocho was the only one who crashed yesterday playing the new maps.

I'd even say they need more tanks. The infanty map is actually decent, unlike Locker. No clusterfucks.

WHOOSH.

Levels don't matter this outing since DICE hasn't put anything but assignments to the levels.

The inconsistency of crashes is what my point is. Yes, sometimes you can get through a 200% boost without wasting it. But when crashes happen EVERY. ROUND. or every 2-3 rounds? And you can't get it to be a consistent pattern to where you can go "oh, crash coming up, don't want to waste a boost of timer on a crash that won't save my stats/calculate the boost?"

Not worth it. Which is my point. You can rank up right now in double-XP just as if you were using those boosts without a double-XP going on.

Yes the stacking is worthwhile and yes you can rank up faster with them both doubled, but since Rank matters little... who cares? Save your 50+ boosts until you're sure your 1 hour time granted isn't wasted trying to even get to the end of a round for it to calculate.

Levels kind of matter because of Battle Packs. More battle packs, more boosts, easier to unlock stuff.

I guess I'm in a pretty good point right now where I don't crash that much for an xp boost not to be worth. My point is that if you can get 30 minutes of an hour with a 200/100/50% boost during 2xp, it's worth. Ah, what if you end up wasting the boost? No big deal, you'll get more boosts eventually.

I've also used most of this week to unlock stuff, which has gone pretty spectacularly.

The SUAV is fun but I crashed more than I got kills when I was messing about with it. My commander was nice enough to drop me a crate though so I had an unlimited supply of the things :D Long live the lame plane!

aranth

Who at dice thought the SUAV/UCAV would be a good idea?

UCAV abuse

Wow. Just... Wow.

It's been nerfed from that (they were launching the UCAVS from the carrier), it has a 20 sec reload and lasts 10 sec before running out of batteries. Damage is 500 to tanks though, so 2 UCAV can easily destroy one.

The SUAV flies for 60 seconds before destroying itself, so quite a bit longer than the UCAV.

Edit: The UCAV also travels 100 meters after launch before you can even control it as it uses a mortar launch system, so your target needs to be further away than that. Immediately after launch your camera will be pointing up the sky, so you only have 7-8 seconds to level up and adquire a target.

Hellcrow

Stumbled upon a GAF squad where everyone was Drunken something. What is the deal with that, and why did you guys obliterate mye team so hard?

Ocho

Stumbled upon a GAF squad where everyone was Drunken something. What is the deal with that, and why did you guys obliterate mye team so hard?

Drunken GAF aka elite squad. Obliterate is what we do (although I'm surprised they did good without my tank power).

TheSeks

BECAUSE.gif

Anyway, to kill the bombing run, get the AA and shoot the main gun at it until it dies. Stinger is no go.

Leaves 14 bombing run kills to get for the advanced assigment and then I have to worry about jet kills. Oh boy. :/

gossi

I don't have a link as I'm on phone, but Game Informer says EA have suspended DICE from Star Wars Battlefront and all other projects until Battlefield 4 works.

Edit: they're now working on finishing the game a month after release, basically.

TheSeks

Still got 15 fucking jet kills to do and yet pro pilots everywhere.

NOPE.avi

And fuck you DICE for this assignment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom