• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
JJRbBN9.png

Another day, but same bullshit.

meppi

Yeah, the hit registration is totally borked somehow. I should've at least disabled it and gotten some points. But nope, nothing!

Same thing happens with infantry all the time.
I've blasted tank shells straight in the face of infantry. Not even somewhat in their vicinity, or next to their feet, but literally right in their face and they just walk it off, hide behind some cover and fire MBT after MBT at you. :-/

Getting rounds where regular weapons hardly hit anything as well.
Went as for to try our the 870 with buckshots to see if my shots were registering at all and I went 9-19 ffs...
The a couple of rounds afterwards, things snap into place and I'm on a 15+ killstreak in not even 2 minutes time, while going all out rambo and getting one situation after another where I'm up against 2-3-4 people that I had no right to survive, yet I did.
Only to have my shots stop registering 5 minutes later again and hardly being able to put anyone down.

Of course the game crashed not even 10 minutes later.

I've had plenty of bad nights in BF3 and BC2 before, to know when I'm sucking and how badly my aim can be off, but this is something else. Such a mess of a game.

BTW I Love this battle report for several reasons. One of which is that I never even started the round and exited when the counter was still running, yet it seems to count.
Look at all those crashes. lol

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Same thing happens with infantry all the time.
I've blasted tank shells straight in the face of infantry. Not even somewhat in their vicinity, or next to their feet, but literally right in their face and they just walk it off, hide behind some cover and fire MBT after MBT at you. :-/

Getting rounds where regular weapons hardly hit anything as well.
Went as for to try our the 870 with buckshots to see if my shots were registering at all and I went 9-19 ffs...
The a couple of rounds afterwards, things snap into place and I'm on a 15+ killstreak in not even 2 minutes time, while going all out rambo and getting one situation after another where I'm up against 2-3-4 people that I had no right to survive, yet I did.
Only to have my shots stop registering 5 minutes later again and hardly being able to put anyone down.

Of course the game crashed not even 10 minutes later.

I've had plenty of bad nights in BF3 and BC2 before, to know when I'm sucking and how badly my aim can be off, but this is something else. Such a mess of a game.

BTW I Love this battle report for several reasons. One of which is that I never even started the round and exited when the counter was still running, yet it seems to count.
Look at all those crashes. lol

I see we had the same exact up and down experiences today, man these DICE servers I swear.

Early this afternoon, I was on a tear with the M416 since I wanted the Coyote RDS for it, which funny enough was the last scope I got for it. Getting games where the team actually had some sense to play the objective along with me, and we were on a 7-game streak. Real high kills with low deaths like 22-3 and 37-13 every match. Left to eat and watch the Marvel stream. Came back online later in the afternoon, and the very same M416 turned into a pellet gun, and every single battle was either trading kills with each other, or dying alone. Only way I had kills without dying was whenever I flanked them completely.

Things like seeing an enemy running past me, me putting shots into him WHILE he's still running with everything hitting, he stops after four hit markers hitting him, looks at me, and I'm dead in one hit, along with him a second later, and seven hit markers on him.

And I KNEW it was going to be a bad afternoon, because it always is whenever the server browser only turns up 4 servers every refresh that are always instantly full, and the empty servers (with 0 people playing) can not be joined because of some error every time. The very same M416 that was dropping people in three quick trigger burst damn near took a whole clip of full hit marker bullets hitting them, some even requiring me to empty the whole clip and reload for real.

Jeez. I had only put the game because the third update came out, but man that was so damn frustrating, it was only because I was playing with friends that I played those couple extra matches before calling it quits. Those kind of delays were the main reason why Black Ops 1 was my last Call of Duty game, and to think that this game has dedicated servers.

Wtf...game won't even launch on my PS4..stuck at opening splash screen (rainy city landscape)

Disc is mint, pop it in and I hear it spin for a bit like usual, stops spinning then nothing...

Just deleted it, stuck disc back in and now its reinstalling..

Edit: tried launching when it said enough was loaded to launch..still stuck at splash screen.
Gonna wait till game is completely updated then try again.

JJD

Don't get too excited... I'm getting some weird error trying to update the firmware. lol... always something.

Damn...hope everything turns out OK man!

I'm getting my PS4 next week and I'm fucking terrified of having some issues with it like the hardware problems some people are having... =(

Hey Dream, I hope you don't mind me copying your GAF emblem!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Damn...hope everything turns out OK man!

I'm getting my PS4 next week and I'm fucking terrified of having some issues with it like the hardware problems some people are having... =(

I'm having issues with the firmware update... it's a bit ridiculous at this point. Been fucking with it since 6pm, it's midnight now.

Apparently updating via internet, the file was corrupted, but it still installed. I need to overwrite it via USB but it keeps saying it's corrupted and giving me an error code. Went online, people say the fix for that error is using a different file (the one you use when upgrading your HDD) but it's larger, and of course I can't find any of my thumb drives... only one I kind find is like a million years old and doesn't have enough space to hold the update.

At this point, it's time for bed... lol. Deal with it tomorrow.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

I had someone say something like that when we won (despite Battlelog saying we lost, WTF?) a Rush round earlier when I was laughing/trash talking their team of recons and they finally started to defend.

Left that round as they were going "OH YOU SHOULD JUST LEAVE" not because of that, but because I wanted to find a different non-lagging server with a better defending instead of just speed capping two sets with little to no sweat.

Even five+ games later, people still think the [GAF] tag is a "clan," even on PC... *shakes head*

Unfortunately the Metro under the map hack doesn't work as well on Locker
http://i.minus.com/iFcKBi6QZzqyw.gif

LMAO, WTF.

JJD

I'm having issues with the firmware update... it's a bit ridiculous at this point. Been fucking with it since 6pm, it's midnight now.

Apparently updating via internet, the file was corrupted, but it still installed. I need to overwrite it via USB but it keeps saying it's corrupted and giving me an error code. Went online, people say the fix for that error is using a different file (the one you use when upgrading your HDD) but it's larger, and of course I can't find any of my thumb drives... only one I kind find is like a million years old and doesn't have enough space to hold the update.

At this point, it's time for bed... lol. Deal with it tomorrow.

Well at least it's fixable right?

Is it safer to update your PS4 directly via internet, or downloading the file in a USB stick first?

wrongway

Had my first encounter with the UCAV tonight. I'm impressed -- DICE managed to make something even more retarded than the BF3 MAV.

In less whiny news, my trusty RFB is my first gun to hit 5 stars and all unlocks. Woots. Got a start on the SCAR SV too, which seems promising so far (at least, as far as DMRs go). But damn, it's extra hard getting over the iron sight hump for DMRs. Yikes :x

Finally picked up a PS4 today. Upraded my PS3 version. It didn't have the code for some reason but the guy at Gamestop just gave me the PS4 version, just payed the 10 bucks.

The difference in current to next gen is ridiculous. The current gen version was just awful.Going from that to the PS4 blew my mind. Its like two different games. That glorious 64 players.

vixlar

I hadn't have a problem on all weekend. Well, some rubberbanding on one server, but that was all. I maxed all my classes and the ground vehicles, except AA (it is really difficult to grab that vehicle). Of course, I've been avoiding Shanghai and Dawnbreak :-(

Grief.exe

I hadn't have a problem on all weekend. Well, some rubberbanding on one server, but that was all. I maxed all my classes and the ground vehicles, except AA (it is really difficult to grab that vehicle). Of course, I've been avoiding Shanghai and Dawnbreak :-(

I was rubber banding a lot on some of the larger maps on the China Rising server I just got done playing.

Grief.exe

My guilin peaks games are just dumb... Like 50-4 average lol.

I need to find a 24/7 Peaks map so I can get my infantry combat fix.

Honestly, Altai Range and Dragon Pass worked fine as well since they were so large and spread out that vehicles were rarely an issue.

I actually used a registry edit that was floating around to access the China Rising DLC early.

wiggleb0t

Banned
Brief :) for a moment today only to google and find out already had the same update installed the day China Rising became available for premium users.
FFS Origin client itself is shiiite.
Googled the update only to find someone encountered the exact same issue of a 800MB odd size update being downloaded again even though it released like 5 days back. :| Like the game hasn't had enough issues.........

I don't get many crashes anymore, if I do it's only BF4 related not Direct X or unstable overclock, WHEA etc. However occassionally I get the black screen randomly while playing where that <--- loading indicator continues and eventually am exited to battlelog or it closes down entirely with no log in event viewer.... :-s. Server Issue? Betafield4 goodness?

Am I alone on this issue?

It's either a black screen or the map image with the _ in the upper right corner that cycles down in a kinda fashion:
  • _
    _
    _
    _

mitchman

Gold Member
I got those China maps downloaded as part of the pre-order Limited edition, but I'm not able to join any of the maps in-game, claims I need to buy premium. What's the trick here?

Overdoziz

Banned
I got those China maps downloaded as part of the pre-order Limited edition, but I'm not able to join any of the maps in-game, claims I need to buy premium. What's the trick here?
People who got China Rising along with their pre-order or special edition or whatever won't be able to play until the 17th along with all other non-Premium members. This is because of reasons.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
EA servers down? Can't connect on PS4.
Server and Client updates goin' on right now
Battlefield said:
Battlefield @EA_Battlefield
ROLLING OUT NEW SERVER/CLIENT UPDATES STARTING 13:00 AND RUNNING FOR 1 HOUR. DURING THIS MULTIPLAYER IN BF4 ON PC WILL BE UNAVAILABLE.

Server Update R15

-Various server side crash fixes, including the top seen crashes on R14
-Activated the reservedSlotsList.aggressiveJoin command that enables VIP players and server administrators directly joining full servers
-Client patch compatibility to make servers compatible with the Dec 09 client update
PC Client Update
-Fixed one of the most frequently occurring client crashes
-Fixed broken collision on containers with open doors. The bug previously made grenades bounce back even though the doors were open.
-Fixed a bug in Defuse mode where defenders could win the round by killing all the attackers without disarming the bomb, if the bomb was disarmed in the previous round.
-Miscellaneous stability fixes further reducing the number of client crashes
-Fixed side gunner jitter when aiming in attack boats & transport helicopters
-Fixed some instances of frame rate drops when shooting at large Levolution objects after they have been destroyed (like the radar dish on Rogue Transmission)
-Fixed broken aiming for passengers on the China Rising dirt bike
-Fixed a bug where the sound when capturing a flag was not playing correctly
-Removed a bug that would double save during MP round transition and SP level transition. This fix will reduce the occurrence of corrupted save files.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
anything about those random 20-40fps framedrops during games?

Noticing this on the China Rising maps in particular.
Maybe its related to this one:?

-Fixed some instances of frame rate drops when shooting at large Levolution objects after they have been destroyed (like the radar dish on Rogue Transmission)

Facism

Maybe its related to this one:?

there are no gimmicklution events in China Rising.

servers are back so i'll give it a go :)

Facism

performance is still shocking. Haven't crashed in a week and already i've had 2.

1 crash after clocking a helo with the rpg and killing the pilot.

/battlefield moments

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The only time I got framerate drops was in Rouge Transmission after the Levolution events, so maybe that'll fix it.

Haven't had any framedrops in China Rising since launch, and I think that was mostly server rollouts.

Wake up to a new patch, cross my fingers I'll actually be able to join a game.

Fuck no. Same "client closed down connection" bullshit.

This game has been out for over a month, you fucking ass holes. Fix it!

Facism

literally taking me 4 attempts to join any server now.

Autobalance is a fucking pain in the ass too. Winning team, in a great squad that actually PTFO, "FUCK YOU LIVE_FEED YOU CAN GO PLAY ON THE LOSING TEAM BUT THE TEAMSWITCHERS CAN STAY."

Everytime this game comes together and clicks, something comes along and pisses in the brew.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm beginning to think the China Rising maps kind of suck.

For some reason they almost all feel really strangely designed (maybe even rushed), especially Silk Road and Dragon Pass. I like how large Altai Range is (it's the only map in BF4 that makes me go, "WOAH!" at its scale) but at the same time it's like if you end up on foot with no transport vehicles around you have to walk 10 miles with almost no cover just to get anywhere. It's so wide open, it feels like you're constantly being shot at from miles away even in vehicles. Guilin Peaks, aside from the cavern control point, is kind of forgettable in my opinion. It's like a bunch of copy--paste bases spread out in a circular fashion around that central point. It has some seriously weird "Return to the Combat Area!" boundaries as well. Some of them don't even make sense to me. I will say that I think it plays the best compared to the other maps, even if it isn't all that memorable. There are some truly hellacious firefights that occur in and around the caverns!

I've also noticed that all of the maps but Silk Road have this "washed out" effect going on similar to Bad Company 2's Vietnam add-on. Then there's the fact that every map but Altai Range is just plain ugly. Silk Road looks laughably bad compared to every other map and the lighting on Guilin Peaks and Dragon Valley seems very artificial and just plain "off" to me.

What do you guys think about the new maps? Do you feel the same way I do or do you actually like them? As someone who prefers playing in vehicles whenever possible I appreciate that every map but Guilin Peaks features a huge assortment of them, but at the same time I feel like I honestly have more fun playing in vehicles on the vanilla maps because they're just better designed (most of them, at least).

Jito

Banned
Well the update today has done nothing for the sound loop crash on my end, happened to me again after 5 minutes in a match. I might just have to leave it for a couple of months like with BF3 and it will suddenly just work!

Edit: Marvel at my impressive crash logs
SIMtubo.jpg

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Any good guides online for tips on how to play multiplayer? This is my first battlefield game and I kind of suck.

Does the game regularly feel like it is stifling you movement at times. I have a good connection so I don't know why it would be happening but my character seems to walk weird at times.. Also is the sound supposed to take forever to load at the beginning of the map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom