• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

grottomatic

Neo Member
I also feel the attack heli needs some kind of buf. It goes down way too easily considering you can't repair it like you can with the scout helis. It also don't feel nearly as agile as it did in BF3.

They should bring back gunner skills to the attack chopper, i.e. being able to launch your own flares, ECM, or fire extinguisher if neccessary. This would ostensibly double the amount of countermeasures available. I can't remember what version of the game had this (one of the bad company games?) but it can be useful, especially if they aren't going to nerf AA. The scout helicopter should not be more powerful than the attack bird.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm not impressed with the M1911 or the scope (3x) that DICE gave us. I thought that'd make it a headshot pistol-sniping machine, but nope. :/

And the ironsights are kinda bad this outing. Eep.

I'm not impressed with the Five-seveN either. I thought I'd be going all Mark and Execute on fools, but nah...

MP-443, my waifu forever. How I love you.

Bollocks

What's up with the random judder during gameplay?
It looks like some sort of heat wave effect but happens on every map.
Is this supposed to happen or just one of those battlefield moments?

TheSeks

You mean the blur? It's the Chromatic Abberation toned down.

If you mean warping, that's lag. Which seems a little worse today than most other days.

(Also seen in the clip: A bullshit kill I got on a loaded Little Bird when my missile clearly missed it by a longshot. Battlefield hit registration at its finest!)

Equally as frustrating: when your tank shell or missile hits a chopper, you literally SEE the impact (explosion cloud, sparks, etc.) and no hit markers.

vixlar

I tried to play now (dec 7 10:10 pm gmt -6) and is downloading two updates. One 30 mb and the other one 800mb. Anyone knows something about that?

DarkFlow

Banned
One of the sides (I think its the Russian side) has all of their flags overlooking the middle flag on cliffs with lots of cover while the US side has to cross an open desert to get to D flag. The Russian side is also much closer.

It's the china side, and yet I always see the US win.

Started messing with the mortar and it's amazing how many kills the thing nets me, especially on rush. You set that thing up and you can see at least 3 or 4 people just completely stationary on the map, sometimes even bunching themselves up,making for easy kills. Since you don't even need to physically man the mortar anymore, I'm using it more than I did on BF3.

And I don't get the love for the DMR, just takes to much time for the thing to settle between shots.

Milennia

I'm not impressed with the M1911 or the scope (3x) that DICE gave us. I thought that'd make it a headshot pistol-sniping machine, but nope. :/

And the ironsights are kinda bad this outing. Eep.

I'm not impressed with the Five-seveN either. I thought I'd be going all Mark and Execute on fools, but nah...

MP-443, my waifu forever. How I love you.

Gt some decent kills today with the scoped m1911.

I was using it as a cleanup shot on people who would get taken low and run behind rocks etc.

Worked pretty well.. But got dang you cant spam that thing while scoped for your life.

Still prefer the p226 and unscoped 1911.

Orcus

So I ordered this game on the 22nd from the MS digital store with the belief that I would get second assault for free, since they said early digital buyers would count as day one. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to download it. Anyone know how to get SA for digital buyers on the one?

Bollocks

You mean the blur? It's the Chromatic Abberation toned down.

Thx, lol I would have never guessed that it is supposed to be chromatic abberation..
It's totally irritating because it doesn't make any sense for the player unless I'm wearing some Google Glas headgear ._.
And it's already toned down?

Grief.exe

I fucking love the REX. Been my sidearm of choice since Bad Company 2.

I wouldn't recommend it. Though it may feel satisfying, both the Rex and magnum are broken right now.

There is a delay from when you pull the trigger to when the round actually goes off. Throwing off your ammo and increading the ttk.

Milennia

I wouldn't recommend it. Though it may feel satisfying, both the Rex and magnum are broken right now.

There is a delay from when you pull the trigger to when the round actually goes off. Throwing off your ammo and increading the ttk.

Its a design choice they decided to make, those things are staying that way.

So I ordered this game on the 22nd from the MS digital store with the belief that I would get second assault for free, since they said early digital buyers would count as day one. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to download it. Anyone know how to get SA for digital buyers on the one?
Second assault has not been release yet. The only expansion is china rising.

Zeppelin

Started messing with the mortar and it's amazing how many kills the thing nets me, especially on rush. You set that thing up and you can see at least 3 or 4 people just completely stationary on the map, sometimes even bunching themselves up,making for easy kills. Since you don't even need to physically man the mortar anymore, I'm using it more than I did on BF3.

Indeed. The mortar in BF4 is so much more useful than it was in BF3. The hills around D on Rogue Transmission are excellent hunting grounds for it!

Lyonaz

Air Superiority Heli in Guilin Peaks is some Avatar air battle scene shit, soooo good!
It's my favourite thing about China Rising.

eDdyiMM.jpg

I wish somebody would make a stand alone indie game about it.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Well, I'm about to go stand in line, in the freezing cold, like an asshole, to get a PS4... you 360gaf dudes better send me some friend requests!

Will be on tonight, hopefully.

So this weekend was "try new things" weekend in BF4. Fucking nuts.

Air Superiority. I decided I wanted to try learning jets, and got out the ol' Saitek joystick. After I put in some test range time (and a lot of tweaking controls) I went looking for an Air Superiority server only to find ONE on PC. I don't know if my filters were just weird or if it's just early (since it's Premium-only right now) or if Air Superiority is really that unpopular. Also, the one server I found had its ticket count set ridiculously low, like 100 per team or something, so rounds would end after a few minutes with the highest people on the scoreboard only having three or four kills.

I was all "eff this" after blanking the round and went looking for more servers only to find no others, so I hopped back in. Turns out Air Superiority also means HELIS ONLY, which was great because I hadn't set up my joystick for helis and had to panic-fly using the mouse for a bit. I got a heatseeker hit! But also died like three times before the match ended again.

Maybe it'd be easier if I went back to a Dualshock 3, I dunno.

Rush/Obliteration. I haven't played a lot of Rush this time around for some reason, but played (most of) a round defending Golmud Highway. Thankfully it wasn't the utter steamrolling that playing on Lancang Dam was as an attacker, and it was a nice change of pace at least.

Obliteration on Dawnbreaker and Rogue Transmission was pretty neat, but it feels like you're mostly useless if you're not by the bomb. Cool idea, dunno if I'd play it much, but I'll definitely try it again.

Pistols only. Woke up really early today and saw a pistols-only server come up. Thought, eh, why not. HOLY CRAP YOU GUYS. This might be the thing that makes Locker tolerable, because there was actually back and forth going on and the clusterfuck chokepoints weren't quite so clusterfuck-ish. I might be biased, though, because I went a ridiculous 32-12 in my first round and nearly topped the scoreboard in the last round. It'd be nice if BF4 explicitly supported this sort of thing, though--it was awkward always spawning with your default weapon and having to manually switch back to a pistol, and doubly so when you'd run out of ammo and mistakenly kill someone with an assault rifle.

Again, wouldn't want to play this all the time, but it was really stupid fun for a while there.

Zeppelin

So this weekend was "try new things" weekend in BF4. Fucking nuts.

Air Superiority. I decided I wanted to try learning jets, and got out the ol' Saitek joystick. After I put in some test range time (and a lot of tweaking controls) I went looking for an Air Superiority server only to find ONE on PC. I don't know if my filters were just weird or if it's just early (since it's Premium-only right now) or if Air Superiority is really that unpopular. Also, the one server I found had its ticket count set ridiculously low, like 100 per team or something, so rounds would end after a few minutes with the highest people on the scoreboard only having three or four kills.

I was all "eff this" after blanking the round and went looking for more servers only to find no others, so I hopped back in. Turns out Air Superiority also means HELIS ONLY, which was great because I hadn't set up my joystick for helis and had to panic-fly using the mouse for a bit. I got a heatseeker hit! But also died like three times before the match ended again.

Air Superiority is helis only on Guilin Peaks only. On the other three maps you only have stealth jets. At least in my experience.

And yeah, the ticket count is ridiculously low by default. Yesterday I found a server that claimed to be a high ticket one, but it was the same anyway.

Other than getting some unlocks I think it's a pretty shitty mode.

meppi

Well, I'm about to go stand in line, in the freezing cold, like an asshole, to get a PS4... you 360gaf dudes better send me some friend requests!

Will be on tonight, hopefully.

Make sure to pick up a backup game as you might need it.
I only play BF4 when friends are on as it's total shit ATM.
Otherwise I play KZ MP or Resogun.

TheSeks

Second Assault apparently has Levolutions. China Rising doesn't. Which is weird, but not really caring.

dkeane

Game has been running mcu better (PS4)

One issue: Whenever I spawn in a vehicle it puts me in the gunner and not the driver. Every time. Do I have a setting wrong or is that a bug? REALLY annoying

BPK

This won't happen, but EA should really give customers the Second Assault DLC for free. Given how damn broken this game was, and has been, it's really the least they could do. Then again, who am I kidding.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Mission success.

PS4 in the house... now to DL all this stuff. Heard BF4 is a pretty big file.

Meppi, I will grab resogun straightaway, and I still have a million PS3 games I never finished. I'll probably keep them both hooked up for a while.

Xyber

TV guided missile is the dumbest thing I've ever used in a plane. While you shoot and control the missile, the plane just stalls in the air and when you get back control you are basically just slowly falling down and need to start it up again.

BoatAck

Mission success.

PS4 in the house... now to DL all this stuff. Heard BF4 is a pretty big file.

Meppi, I will grab resogun straightaway, and I still have a million PS3 games I never finished. I'll probably keep them both hooked up for a while.

Awesome! Now Olimpia needs to get back to PS4 BF4!

meppi

Mission success.

Ah, that's good to hear. :)
Because if you're anything like me you'll go even crazier than with what happened in BF3 at first.
The only reason I'm stil bothering with this game is because friends play it and little else.
If it wasn't for that I'd put it up on ebay or something and go back to BF3, or better yet, play something entirely different. Not having any fun with it at the moment. :(

TV guided missile is the dumbest thing I've ever used in a plane. While you shoot and control the missile, the plane just stalls in the air and when you get back control you are basically just slowly falling down and need to start it up again.

Battlefield moment™ :p

Rizific

what setting are guys using for the network smoothing factor? what is the best? i switch between 20-30, but i have no idea what it does =/

nampad

I pre-ordered BF4 and got a code for a gold battlepack which I used today on the PSN webstore. Looking through the item list, it shows as Slim Jims silver pack. This doesn't seem right, does it?
I don't know anything about these battlepacks but a Google research says they are available in bronze, silver and gold. Can't download it to my PS4 yet because I still don't have my console. My region is Europe and we don't even have Slim Jims over here.

Sometimes they go down with a shell or RPG, and sometimes you don't even disable them. (Not even talking about transport choppers)

Yeah, the hit registration is totally borked somehow. I should've at least disabled it and gotten some points. But nope, nothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom