• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Yeah, I have Premium, but I was busy with work last week, so I missed like 99% of the event.

Also playing a match for like 45 minutes only to have it crash at the ending screen and not save any XP/Unlocks whatever about had me at full rage capacity.

I've probably wasted about at least 5 hours of gameplay with no progress towards unlocks, and I'm already sick of unlock systems as it is.

If the client crashes, then your unlocks should be saved and sent to Battlelog via the server. Just wait for the round to end and they will pop up.

If the server crashes, you lose all of the data. I haven't experienced the latter in a long time though.

Note: If you crash do not rejoin the game or the server will overwrite your stats with the new ones. If you are having a bad game, by all means, rejoin and have another crack at it. If you want to keep those stats, just stay out until the round is over.

Cudder

So, when have you effectively "maxed out a weapon?" I know in BF3, it was basically when you reached a certain amount of kills and unlocked all of the attachments. But with the battlepacks it's hard to know. There is a "progression" meter in the loadout screen for each weapon, is that it? I'm not sure what the meter is counting towards..

Grief.exe

So, when have you effectively "maxed out a weapon?" I know in BF3, it was basically when you reached a certain amount of kills and unlocked all of the attachments. But with the battlepacks it's hard to know. There is a "progression" meter in the loadout screen for each weapon, is that it? I'm not sure what the meter is counting towards..

In BF4, you unlock all of the battlepacks around 500 kills that is when you are finished progressing with a weapon.

Grief.exe

I've noticed in TDM that you can't influence a win quite like you can in Conquest. In that mode, if you continually play well and are capping the objectives, you give your team spawn points and, eventually, you roll over the other team due to shear force of will.

I get so frustrated in TDM, no matter what I do, teams just refuse to win a match. Look at the revive stat, I'm responsible for 80% of my teams revives.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/409200419445968704/332826651/

uKAYVZr.jpg

Overdoziz

Banned
Reviving is kinda pointless in TDM because the enemy still gets the point for the kill so you're basically risking your life for nothing.

Grief.exe

Reviving is kinda pointless in TDM because the enemy still gets the point for the kill so you're basically risking your life for nothing.

Maybe I am mistaken then, my knowledge of the mechanics is the opposing team doesn't get the point until the actual death goes off.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
There is another double XP event going on now for premium members, but giving EA money is silly as it is.

No there isn't, that ended this morning.

But yeah, 2XP week was a good time to get DMR/Snipers out of the way.

I have to finish Pistols and Shotguns/Carbines and I'm done with the weapon XP system.

It's a good idea, but the spread is too spread out to where it's a slog normally. I guess they want you to use the boost/2XP items for that but it's bullshit all the same.

Grief.exe

I think that's correct for tickets, but a person gets credit for the kill even if you're revived afterwards.

Yes, person gets credit for the kill, but the game does not count it for the team until the death actually goes through (revive timer ticks down or person selects to respawn).

That is my understanding, at least.

Yes, person gets credit for the kill, but the game does not count it for the team until the death actually goes through (revive timer ticks down or person selects to respawn).

That is my understanding, at least.

Actually the game does count it for the team but then it reverts (-1) when the enemy get revived.

Trying to tweak the control still to find something I'm comfortable with. Anybody here like using the "Press Button" Option for aiming (instead "Hold")?

Also, curious as to how many here run with the aim helper on?

Milennia

7 weapon specific battlepacks means you have everything, just look at the attatchments for the gun and if all of the grayed out items are white you have everything.

Each weapon specific battlepack has 3 attatchments in it (assuming you didnt unlock one of them randomly via normal battlepacks, in which case they will replace that scope etc. with a normal item, like a boost or camo).

Grief.exe

Trying to tweak the control still to find something I'm comfortable with. Anybody here like using the "Press Button" Option for aiming (instead "Hold")?

I've always been a hold player, a couple of my friends converted after trying it out. The press button style just adds an extra layer of input, which slightly slows down the process.

terrible

Banned
I've noticed in TDM that you can't influence a win quite like you can in Conquest. In that mode, if you continually play well and are capping the objectives, you give your team spawn points and, eventually, you roll over the other team due to shear force of will.

I get so frustrated in TDM, no matter what I do, teams just refuse to win a match. Look at the revive stat, I'm responsible for 80% of my teams revives.

TDM is in my opinion by far the easiest game mode to win solo.

In conquest it just takes one squad on the other team working together for me to not have a shot at winning if I'm by myself.

After the patch today, the game has been a complete mess for me. Every single match I've tried today ends up with a looping sound crash. It was way more stable before this patch, although that's not saying much.

HigXx

Been a bit dodgy for me tonight with lag and shots not connecting, hopefully just because of the PSN maintenance however...

Spl1nter

After the patch today, the game has been a complete mess for me. Every single match I've tried today ends up with a looping sound crash. It was way more stable before this patch, although that's not saying much.

I would make sure your sound drivers are up to date. Old realtek drivers cause issues since bc2.

vixlar

I tried that that but I didn't like it. I think Matimio or X-factor once said he plays like that. I play with aim assigned to shift in the keyboard and run with double w.

TheSeks

Toggle is funky. Honestly, if I could use toggle for vehicles only, I would. I tried using it in BC2 PC but it continues both the aiming on infantry and vehicles to where it really screwed with my aiming as an infantry.

Crouch toggle in BC2, meanwhile, was alright. But since there's prone in BF3-4 I can't use that.

Milennia

This skill stat is ridiculous... Goes way up and way down after 3 games.

Was at 550 2 days ago, now I'm at 360.

Probably from playing like shit today, but even then i wasn't doing terribly.

Some people have solved the blocky textures problem by doing the following: open nvidia inspector and select the Battlefield 4 profile. Now scroll down to the last section. Select the first entry of the last section and replace the number 3 with a 1. Don't forget to Apply Changes.

Funny cause I just played a match on Dragon with constant flickering ground textures/checkerboardy.

Do the "server updates" affect all platforms?

DICE stated on their update forum they had an X1 update for the week of Dec 2nd. That week has come and gone and they've said nothing about that update. GG DICE

Really appreciating the UMP-45. My top kills weapons are the M416, AK5C, and now the UMP-45 after unlocking it yesterday. 34 damage up close=stupid.

Played two matches, no crashes. However, had an insane amount of texture flickering and popin on Guilin. Dragon was fine.

First match I played post patch installation froze up. This is beyond ridiculous DICE, are you even fixing anything? Seems like its fix one thing, break another with BF4. And then there is the XB1 version, crashes every round or two.

They need to have a quadruple XP week to make up for all the XP people have lost to crashes...

So one time I was able to revive a teammate instantly. How was I able to do that? He went down, then without pressing my paddles on the d-pad, my defib came out and after I had revived they went away. How did I do that? Playing xbox one here.

So one time I was able to revive a teammate instantly. How was I able to do that? He went down, then without pressing my paddles on the d-pad, my defib came out and after I had revived they went away. How did I do that? Playing xbox one here.

Not sure what it is on Xbox, but I think on PC, the text on the button says to hold E to revive. You do a quick revive.

Also, Jackfrags is doing a series about BF secrets. He verified that reload canceling is still faster than BF4's new reload system, and you can do an almost instant chopper takeoff if you switch quickly to a passenger seat and then back to the pilot. Weird.

TheSeks

Not sure what it is on Xbox, but I think on PC, the text on the button says to hold E to revive. You do a quick revive.

Still wonky. Just like reviving someone normally and they're "desynced" from the server saying where they're at and you're seeing different.

Might as well just pull a defib out and charge it yourself (something people should be doing but aren't. So 20HP. :/) in hopes of hitting the correct spot than trying to get an E/whatever to appear to do it that way.

burnfout

Holy balls the attack chopper is fucked as hell.

- heatseekers always fires both missiles at once, instead of BF3, fire one missile, wait for flares to go away, fire second missile.
- flares do not work 80 % of the time
- lock on warning sound never works, missiles keep hitting me without a warning
- the people who thought vehicle reloading was a good idea should be fired. Flying around for two minutes without ammo, while every engineer can lock on from 6 miles away SUCKS BALLS.
- the AA vehicles have unlimited range it seems. Yesterday on langan dam conquest a camper in an AA vehicle was shooting down everything out of their own base, no one could get near the fucker.

Holy balls the attack chopper is fucked as hell.

- heatseekers always fires both missiles at once, instead of BF3, fire one missile, wait for flares to go away, fire second missile.
- flares do not work 80 % of the time
- lock on warning sound never works, missiles keep hitting me without a warning
- the people who thought vehicle reloading was a good idea should be fired. Flying around for two minutes without ammo, while every engineer can lock on from 6 miles away SUCKS BALLS.
- the AA vehicles have unlimited range it seems. Yesterday on langan dam conquest a camper in an AA vehicle was shooting down everything out of their own base, no one could get near the fucker.
Does it really fire two art once? I could swear I fired just one. Was it the latest patch that changed it?

Lock on warning is the same as bf3, it works but sometimes missiles are just diverted to you and you get little too no warning. Vehicle reloading was also on bf3, it just works differently here, the reload is for the "backup" ammo.

Can't say I had problems with flares either.

Hey guys. I don't know if this is the best topic to ask this. But, my friend is trying to upgrade BF4 ps3 to PS4 for $10. But, on the PSN store, the digital upgrade says "Not available for purchase." It's been this for like a week.

Seanspeed

Banned
This. I'm surprised to see these complaints about Silk Road, as it feels VERY infantry friendly with all the hiding spots available.
Haha, what? Yes, there's a little maze in the one big complex of the map where infantry can hide. And do what, exactly? You cant exactly just venture out beyond the base from there, which is the problem. And all the other little areas on the map don't have nearly the same sort of cover. Its those big expanses of nothing in between the capture points that are the problem and make it unfriendly as all hell for infantry play.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hey guys. I don't know if this is the best topic to ask this. But, my friend is trying to upgrade BF4 ps3 to PS4 for $10. But, on the PSN store, the digital upgrade says "Not available for purchase." It's been this for like a week.
Did he enter the code that came with the PS3 version?

DarkFlow

Banned
So is there a patch I was not aware of? Battlelog says it's down for update.

Edit: Yep, guess there is, downloading 888 MB patch right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom