• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoy your seizures fellow SLI users. Ground textures flicker on every map supposedly, though I only tried Altai Range. DICE is aware of the issue for whatever that's worth.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
*sigh* Every problem with this game is like an advertisement telling me to go buy Destiny or play killzone mp.

Pick one, I'll join you!

I think these BF games have gotten progressively worse since BC2. I'm actually kind of considering the refund route at this point.

Interfectum

I absolutely love this game on PS4 and it's a damn shame DICE couldn't properly test this before release.

The biggest thing that pisses me off with the crashing (besides interrupting my gameplay) is all those medals and XP you earn are gone. Sometimes I get on really good runs and really want the game to end before it crashes. Ugh, so frustrating.

I would totally buy a premium membership if DICE had actually not made a bug filled game. And this is coming from someone who hates DLC, hates EA and is tired of military shooters. BF4 is that good IMO.

Kyoufu

So I unlocked the ACE-23 assault rifle.

I don't have the necessary attachments to make it super godlike yet but when I do, it's going to do some damage.

Facism

the netcode improvement is nonsense. Had 4 kill trades on Floodzone where the other guy had 1hp when i died, but he died anyway. Still feels as bad as it ever was.

-Fix for the issue where the game would get stuck in loading screen when players tried to join a Second Assault map without actually owning Second Assault.

Is this a common thing, patches fixing issues related to expansion packs that aren't out yet? Or is this hopefully a sign that we could get Second Assault sooner rather than later?

Zeppelin

the netcode improvement is nonsense. Had 4 kill trades on Floodzone where the other guy had 1hp when i died, but he died anyway. Still feels as bad as it ever was.

And this proves what? If I were to guess I'd say the client displays your enemy's HP as it is at your moment of death. If one of your bullets is still in the air when so occurs his HP is obviously gonna be above 0.

Azulsky

Welp looks like more AC4 until the SLI bugs are fixed.

Does anyone else have an issue with BF 3 and 4 where the keyboard locks up until you release all the keys? Is there a fix for this? I have a Leopold tenkeyless. Really nice having movement frozen and getting gunned down because I tried to reload while running on a diagonal.

I have a feeling its related to NKRO and how they capture input but no other game has thia problem.

Faith

Ok fuck this!

Tried 2 rounds with the jets and both times something like 0-10. Not a chance to get even 1 kill, dreaming of 5 :(

WTF is the point of a centralized battlelog if it doesn't link stats/unlocks? Shit is annoying as hell.

Speaking of that, I still hate the idea of that when you're working on guns (looking at kills for each weapon), that you have to go to another page just to see what you need to unlock next (all accessories). Just stupid.

Grief.exe

I don't have the necessary attachments to make it super godlike yet but when I do, it's going to do some damage.

You don't really need any attachments to make the ACE23 godlike. Most people roll with angled grip and flash hider, though angled grip isn't a necessity since the first shot recoil isn't that large.
You unlock Coyote RDS first, which is the best RDS in the game.

Is this a common thing, patches fixing issues related to expansion packs that aren't out yet? Or is this hopefully a sign that we could get Second Assault sooner rather than later?

I wonder if that fixes the exploit I was using to play China Rising early without Premium. Doesn't really matter, it released today for non-Premium members and I don't plan on buying any subsequent expansions.

It's godly without any attachments already or it was before it was nerfed. Still one of the best assault rifles though.

Grief.exe

Holy shit, that flickering.

And I doubt DMR's got a buff, at range I would get 34 damage kill assists, which would align with the previous value for the rifles.

Facism

How do you suggest it works then? Did DICE write an anticausal function for displaying the HP of the enemy that killed you? :)

I'll have to dig up the info for you, my friend. Probably later tonight or sometime tomorrow. It's annoying when it happens :(

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
So how am I supposed to play the two map packs I bought and downloaded (SA and CR)?

They do not come up in Quick Match. And I can't start a one in server browser (the whole browser seems broken in general)

Am I basically shit out of luck? To be honest first time I've payed for content (maps) and not even be able to try it once. Amazed. 5/5

Xbox One version btw.

Have you tried using the Battlelog server browser on your pc? That one actually works and is kind of a cool feature, though there's no excuse for the in-game one being shit.

BF4 was designed with the mind-set that everyone has a 'second-screen' device to use for load-outs and server browsing on both consoles and PC. If out of simply misguided ideas or convenience of design across PC/consoles, who knows.

That said, Battlelog works really well for PS4.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
BF4 was designed with the mind-set that everyone has a 'second-screen' device to use for load-outs and server browsing on both consoles and PC. If out of simply misguided ideas or convenience of design across PC/consoles, who knows.

That said, Battlelog works really well for PS4.
If the MP designers really think that they should stop reading Ben Cousins twitter.

REAL RAP, REAL TALK

Also No Squad Up Option cant be a design decision, even if they say so.

Azulsky

And this proves what? If I were to guess I'd say the client displays your enemy's HP as it is at your moment of death. If one of your bullets is still in the air when so occurs his HP is obviously gonna be above 0.

This was my interpretation as well as it must take a few ms for it to pull that screen up by which time the info it pulled was outdated.

Playing HC only these kinds of encounters are semi common as the 1 bullet in flight is a much bigger deal than in normal play.

All a matter of preference. In terms of stats M416/ACE 23/L85A2 is by far the best. I think the reason why people prefer the Ace over L85 is because of the reload times on the L85 and less recoil.

I prefer the L85A2 but once I unlock the last Battlepack for it (which should be soon) I'll switch to the Ace 23 to try it out.

I always run Coyote/Muzzle Break/Stubby Grip.

I'm still experimenting with my ACE 23 loadouts. With the stealth nerf I'm not satisfied with my current loadout.

Right now I'm experimenting with Heavy Barrel and Angled Foregrip.

Will my unlocks/levels/stats transfer back and forth between PC and 360?

IIRC it did not in BF3.
Nope. You have separate soldiers and stats on each platform. If you upgrade from PS3 to PS4 or 360 to XB1 you get a one time opportunity to copy your *current* last gen stats to current gen but they diverge after that.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Pretty crazy that i havent been able to complete a match of Conquest so far.
My issues are mostly:
1) Freezes before the match loads
2) Crashes during gameplay

I bought my PS4 for BF4 Conquest :(

Also im getting a ton of: "Load Map.... Load another map"
It used to happen in BF3 every now and then but now is all the friggin time.
Im guessing that the matchmaking is tryin' to put me in matches about to start but its kind of annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom