• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I've kinda came around on the SLAMS. I wasn't feeling them, but they seem like the evolution of the AT-mine in being "all-purpose" over the older/normal AT mines. I can't seem to find a use for the AT mines that the SLAM doesn't do plus they stick to things.

Grief.exe

So I unlocked the CZ-805 Assault Rifle...

This game went from pretty good to god tier.

I picked it up today when I ran out of ammo on my primary, I enjoyed what I used of it. Seems to be far too slow in terms of RPM to be competitive, but it looks cool and fires smoothly.

Ataxia

Egh. Most of the baseline maps in this game are terrible. I feel as if I can be shot from any and every direction and there's nothing I can remotely do about it. That silly flood map is literally the worst - no cohesion at all. Just run around and hope to run into another player.

Can't wait for the Second Assault DLC. At least then there will be a few maps worth playing.

Ataxia

I thought you were returning it and getting a refund?
I was. Ended up deciding against it though after playing a badass round of Conquest on Dawnbreaker... Seems I can still have fun with the game, even if kill times are a little fast for my liking.

Kabuto

I'm trying to use shotguns now and I think shotguns are harder to use than sniper rifles for me. I dunno why I cannot hip fire with them.

I find I play my best games when I rogue the fuck off and stop giving a shit about "team" and "squad." Crazy, that.

edit: Also: oddly enough, I think my favorite map is Zavod.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The return of back-to-back crashes in every round. Never mind what I was earlier. Fuck this game.

Rizific

just got disconnected from a game and there's a 891.87 MB update for the game.

yeah, i wasnt pulling up any servers. restarted origin and battlelog prompted me to patch. i guess ill read the patch notes.

edit: ok so no patch notes i guess till later...

Ugh..don't know I play this game so much, always reminds me Dice haven't been able to make a good BF since BF2..
Just spent a round getting roadkilled a bunch of times by a SUAV...

9 out of 10 maps half of each team is on a roof/high rise..or using a Heli to get to a roof top. Then you have wasted vehicles or a constant rain of death by snipers lol.

I will never understand the reason they dropped "armored class" and "unarmored". At least in BF2 a Sniper would be swiss chesse if they got hit by rounds, now ya pepper them why they line up a kill shot/high dmg.
Everybody just plays Engy or Recon it seems, no real reason not to...the overall complete lack of teamwork makes it 2 perfect classes. The balance between the weapons is so slim there's no reason to feel "underpowered" against an Assualt Rifle or LMG, you can chase a Recon/Engy armed with a carbine or PDW and pepper the shit out of them..just to have them insta kill ya lol. Ya have about as much chance to score a kill from distance with anAR or LMG as you do with a PDW/Carbine anyway also...burst and burst away with a AR or LMG and get a ton of hit detection just as you would with a PDW/Carbine and ya still have the same chance to score a kill. The dmg loss at range affect this I guess, but I don't see why I have to watch LMG/AR dmg dip so low as I would see with a PDW/Carbine.

Ah, the good old days of BF2..Engys only had shottys, Recon meant squishy sniper, AT on had a VERY LOW dmg PDW, Medics were godlike but were squishy, Recon (spec-ops) had Subs...and nobody played Assualt lol.

Ugh..don't know I play this game so much, always reminds me Dice haven't been able to make a good BF since BF2..
Just spent a round getting roadkilled a bunch of times by a SUAV...

9 out of 10 maps half of each team is on a roof/high rise..or using a Heli to get to a roof top. Then you have wasted vehicles or a constant rain of death by snipers lol.

I will never understand the reason they dropped "armored class" and "unarmored". At least in BF2 a Sniper would be swiss chesse if they got hit by rounds, now ya pepper them why they line up a kill shot/high dmg.
Everybody just plays Engy or Recon it seems, no real reason not to...the overall complete lack of teamwork makes it 2 perfect classes. The balance between the weapons is so slim there's no reason to feel "underpowered" against an Assualt Rifle or LMG, you can chase a Recon/Engy armed with a carbine or PDW and pepper the shit out of them..just to have them insta kill ya lol. Ya have about as much chance to score a kill from distance with anAR or LMG as you do with a PDW/Carbine anyway also...burst and burst away with a AR or LMG and get a ton of hit detection just as you would with a PDW/Carbine and ya still have the same chance to score a kill. The dmg loss at range affect this I guess, but I don't see why I have to watch LMG/AR dmg dip so low as I would see with a PDW/Carbine.

Ah, the good old days of BF2..Engys only had shottys, Recon meant squishy sniper, AT on had a VERY LOW dmg PDW, Medics were godlike but were squishy, Recon (spec-ops) had Subs...and nobody played Assualt lol.

I just want a BF2 or BC2 HD port. -_-

wow, even the game crashes look nice on PS4!
What annoys me most these days is the fact that I have to take the w/l even though I got crashed out in mid game.
And that quit%.

*sigh* Every problem with this game is like an advertisement telling me to go buy Destiny or play killzone mp.

Ataxia

Anyone had any particular luck with the scout helicopters in this game?

I mean, god damn it's starting to piss me off. I don't know whether or not the mechanics have changed from BF3 or just that more people on the map means it happens more often, but I'm getting shot down so many freaking times. I don't even have to be in the action and some jackasses on a jet-ski are shooting me down with a stinger. Half the time flares don't work and the other half I'm just waiting to be shot down because they take 100 million years to reload - really doesn't help that stingers can be fired pretty much instantly, either. Seems nigh impossible to escape the lock-on range before they fire the second shot, too.

and even if you do magically spot the person with the stinger, it takes like a million bullets from the scout helicopter to kill them - and by that time you're dead anyway.

Milennia

Active protection, TV missile, enigneer on the back and 25mm for big maps 30mm for small maps. Boat on boat use active protection to stop the first TV/Wire/Laser guided missile and then obliterate them with two TVs and one round of the cannon.

This worked out quite well tonight :D

Zeppelin

Not my experience at all. In my games (64 player CQ) there will be at most 5-6 guys trying out the death from above thing. They usually don't do very well and scout helis eat them for breakfast.

Can't say I care if they waste helis either, assuming it's transport helis. Those are not good for much late game anyway. Maybe if they buffed their machine guns a bit and made them actually useful I'd be a bit more pissed. And I don't see a whole lot of this in this game anyway. There are usually ladders or elevators to use to get up on roofs.

Well, having a range advantage is kinda their thing. I see no problem with this. CQC with a recon is a free kill anyway.

Everybody just plays Engy or Recon it seems, no real reason not to...the overall complete lack of teamwork makes it 2 perfect classes.

Ah, yes... teamwork was so much better back in the old days. Except it wasn't. People dicked around just as much in BF2 as they do in BF4. You're right in that those two classes are overrepresented but that doesn't mean there's no reason running others. Assault is by far the easiest class to score with in this game. Love the medpacks.

The balance between the weapons is so slim there's no reason to feel "underpowered" against an Assualt Rifle or LMG, you can chase a Recon/Engy armed with a carbine or PDW and pepper the shit out of them..just to have them insta kill ya lol. Ya have about as much chance to score a kill from distance with anAR or LMG as you do with a PDW/Carbine anyway also...burst and burst away with a AR or LMG and get a ton of hit detection just as you would with a PDW/Carbine and ya still have the same chance to score a kill. The dmg loss at range affect this I guess, but I don't see why I have to watch LMG/AR dmg dip so low as I would see with a PDW/Carbine.

I feel a quite substantial range advantage with the LMGs and Assault Rifles over Carbines and PDWs. I'm not sure I like running LMGs but I haven't played a lot of support yet though. But I feel straight up weak with a PDW at longer ranges.

aranth

R16 Server Update Notes
-Fix for some of the more common server crashes
-Overall performance enhancements
-UCAV ammo replenish time was set from 20 to 90 seconds
-Round time limit intervals were added for the different server types

90 seconds, goodnight sweet prince.

Edit. Guess it's time to abuse the SUAV now.

Zeppelin

R16 Server Update Notes
-Fix for some of the more common server crashes
-Overall performance enhancements
-UCAV ammo replenish time was set from 20 to 90 seconds
-Round time limit intervals were added for the different server types

90 seconds, goodnight sweet prince.

Yeah, that'll hopefully do it. I still think it's a broken concept though. And they need to nerf the damage it does to tanks... 50 is just insane.

Edit: On a second thought... the damage might be alright with the new reload time. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Edit2: The tears on the Battlelog forums of people whose best vehicle is the UCAV are glorious.

Bombless

Sigh, I had to downgrade my Nvidia drivers so the game would stop micro stuttering like crazy. Now after the patch the game just crashes.

Going to reinstall the latest drivers, hoping the stutter is gone...but I have a feeling that won't be the case at all.

scogoth

90 seconds is a brutal nerf. Should have lowered damage to armored and left reload time. Once again DICE nerfs something so hard it is now useless.

mitchman

Gold Member
Anyone had any particular luck with the scout helicopters in this game?

I mean, god damn it's starting to piss me off. I don't know whether or not the mechanics have changed from BF3 or just that more people on the map means it happens more often, but I'm getting shot down so many freaking times. I don't even have to be in the action and some jackasses on a jet-ski are shooting me down with a stinger. Half the time flares don't work and the other half I'm just waiting to be shot down because they take 100 million years to reload - really doesn't help that stingers can be fired pretty much instantly, either. Seems nigh impossible to escape the lock-on range before they fire the second shot, too.

and even if you do magically spot the person with the stinger, it takes like a million bullets from the scout helicopter to kill them - and by that time you're dead anyway.

The good pilots seem to fly low and use the terrain to hide and break locks. But all vehicles will be shot down sooner or later, it's just a matter of delaying the inevitable and get as many kills as possible before that happens.

Xyber

90 seconds is a brutal nerf. Should have lowered damage to armored and left reload time. Once again DICE nerfs something so hard it is now useless.

Using that thing against infantry is all I see people do anyway..? That shit was broken and the nerf is justified, being able to do 50 damage to a tank without going anywhere near it is good enough for it to warrant that reload time.

It was abused to hell and back and that nerf is very welcomed by me.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Stupid game. Making me hate it in one moment. Then pulls shit like this.

battlejus2s.jpg

Jito

Banned
So is anyone else completely thrown off by the new death animation in the patch? It makes me think that I've been killed in action every single time I die.

TheContact

glad there's another patch, guess they're working on hard on fixing the bugs even though they still haven't gone away, hope this patch finally fixes the freezing issues at least

edit: is there an ak47 in this?

Zeppelin

DMR's got a damage boost with this patch! They all do at least 50 max damage now.

No official patch notes yet though? I don't understand why they can't just post them when the patch goes live. It's like they don't even know what's in the patch themselves until a couple of hours after it's out.

Edit: Nevermind, here they are:

We’ve rolled out a new PC game update and will continue to make improvements based on your feedback. The update includes fixes with the aim to increase the general stability of the game, and eliminates bugs that you may have experienced. It also includes an improvement to the so-called “Netcode”.

Dec 16 PC Game Update Notes
-Fix for a crash that would cause the game to stall, resulting in a sound loop. This should eliminate most of the problems relating to this.
-Fix for the SUAV (introduced in the China Rising expansion pack) not exploding when hitting enemy soldiers. While these indeed should be deadly, they were never designed for “roadkilling” opponents.
-Fixed one of the issues related to the so-called “Netcode” (see below for details)
-Fix for player tags not always showing when needed to, resulting in players shooting team members.
-Fix for graphical flickering appearing on terrain.
-Fixed the instance where players suddenly would transition into Spectator Mode while playing the Defuse game mode.
-Fix for a Defuse bug where none of the teams would win a round by letting the timer run out. -Fix for players getting stuck in the revive screen after being killed.
-Fix for players getting stuck in the kill camera after being revived.
-Fix for the game mode specific ribbons being counted twice in the multiplayer progression.
-Made the NVidia 331.82 driver version mandatory for all players.
-Disabled DirectX 11.1 on NVidia cards that have outdated drivers.
-Fixed driver version not being properly detected on NVidia Optimus systems.
-Fixed a minor crash that could occur when bringing up the scoreboard.
-Fix for the issue where the game would get stuck in loading screen when players tried to join a Second Assault map without actually owning Second Assault.

“Netcode” improvement
We’ve addressed the so called “Kill trading”. This refers to when two players fire at each other and, seemingly, both die at the same time. The time window where a bullet could cause damage from an already dead player is now calculated as intended, decreasing the timeframe when players with high latency could get a kill, even though they should be dead according to the server.

Doesn't seem to say anything about balance changes.

Facism

EA wont let me use EatChildren.

i like ConsumeProgeny more :)

Had a blazing round with the recon class just now. Using the SG533 and it feels like it has aim assist lol. Really, really nice carbine to use. Hipfire feels like voodoo considering how big the xhair is when shooting from that mode.

Shaming all them other recunt players camping towers not doing anything but missing shots. Fun move was capping E with the TUGS up on the stairs, C4 on the vacant LAV. 2 guys come running up the stairs, capped both, 1 guy jumps in the LAV, i set the LAVTRAP off and boom squad wiiiiiipe and a capped flag.

Also, baiting 2 guys on a quadbike to roadkill me whilst i have c4 set up on the floor infront of me. They went flying :D

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/412572096739224256/180218152/

Milennia

i like ConsumeProgeny more :)

Had a blazing round with the recon class just now. Using the SG533 and it feels like it has aim assist lol. Really, really nice carbine to use. Hipfire feels like voodoo considering how big the xhair is when shooting from that mode.

Shaming all them other recunt players camping towers not doing anything but missing shots. Fun move was capping E with the TUGS up on the stairs, C4 on the vacant LAV. 2 guys come running up the stairs, capped both, 1 guy jumps in the LAV, i set the LAVTRAP off and boom squad wiiiiiipe and a capped flag.

Also, baiting 2 guys on a quadbike to roadkill me whilst i have c4 set up on the floor infront of me. They went flying :D

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/412572096739224256/180218152/

LOL at the 1 revive overall.

Bombless

Interesting. I wasn't aware they were able to do this. They should have driver check always turned on.

Well, up until now I couldn't play with the latest drivers as I would stutter every 60-70 seconds while playing.

This patch seems to have fixed that though. On the other hand, it seems to have borked people using SLI'd cards.

Facism

LOL at the 1 revive overall.

Some fucking terrible class play this round. No medpacks, no ammopacks, no repairing. Might as well have been CoD with vehicles.

typical of public battlefield play, unfortunately. Really need to find a group of people that play regular that are based in the EU.

“Netcode” improvement
We’ve addressed the so called “Kill trading”. This refers to when two players fire at each other and, seemingly, both die at the same time. The time window where a bullet could cause damage from an already dead player is now calculated as intended, decreasing the timeframe when players with high latency could get a kill, even though they should be dead according to the server.

Going to go test this now. My expectations are low.

TheOther

Neo Member
wtf, when did this patch go live? I'm wondering because I played a couple of games four hours ago (at noon GMT +1) and had loads of "Kill Trading"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom