• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I just got in to two games in a row for the first time in more than two weeks! Guess I just had to let the patch set in for a little bit.

Finally, it is time to battle on the field.

mephixto

Banned
We’ve rolled out a new PC game update and will continue to make improvements based on your feedback. The update includes fixes with the aim to increase the general stability of the game, and eliminates bugs that you may have experienced. It also includes an improvement to the so-called “Netcode”.

Dec 16 PC Game Update Notes
-Fix for a crash that would cause the game to stall, resulting in a sound loop. This should eliminate most of the problems relating to this.
-Fix for the SUAV (introduced in the China Rising expansion pack) not exploding when hitting enemy soldiers. While these indeed should be deadly, they were never designed for “roadkilling” opponents.
-Fixed one of the issues related to the so-called “Netcode” (see below for details)
-Fix for player tags not always showing when needed to, resulting in players shooting team members.
-Fix for graphical flickering appearing on terrain.
-Fixed the instance where players suddenly would transition into Spectator Mode while playing the Defuse game mode.
-Fix for a Defuse bug where none of the teams would win a round by letting the timer run out. -Fix for players getting stuck in the revive screen after being killed.
-Fix for players getting stuck in the kill camera after being revived.
-Fix for the game mode specific ribbons being counted twice in the multiplayer progression.
-Made the NVidia 331.82 driver version mandatory for all players.
-Disabled DirectX 11.1 on NVidia cards that have outdated drivers.
-Fixed driver version not being properly detected on NVidia Optimus systems.
-Fixed a minor crash that could occur when bringing up the scoreboard.
-Fix for the issue where the game would get stuck in loading screen when players tried to join a Second Assault map without actually owning Second Assault.

“Netcode” improvement
We’ve addressed the so called “Kill trading”. This refers to when two players fire at each other and, seemingly, both die at the same time. The time window where a bullet could cause damage from an already dead player is now calculated as intended, decreasing the timeframe when players with high latency could get a kill, even though they should be dead according to the server.

Is this some kind of sick joke? It should be: Added graphical flickering on terrain

FCK ME! Do they test their patch before release?, nobody on DICE has a fckin SLI / XF setup to test this.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I just played my first ever match of no radar / no HUD. It was really really fun. I'm still relatively new to BF (I started playing with BF3 about nine months ago), so I wasn't sure how it'd play without the map, spotting, and hit markers, but it was really cool.

PS: I could use some more BF friends on PS4. My PSN ID is kittens_dx.

HariKari

"We’ve addressed the so-called “Kill trading”. This refers to when two players fire at each other and, seemingly, both die at the same time. The time window where a bullet could cause damage from an already dead player is now calculated as intended, decreasing the timeframe when players with high latency could get a kill, even though they should be dead according to the server."

Oh lawd. Did they actually fix it? Haven't had a chance to play.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Wait, so they actually put in the words "So called 'Net Code'"

I see they edited earlier today, but I still see "So called 'Kill-Trading'"

Something about being snotty with your consumer base (that you happened to ship an unfinished game to) doesn't seem very smart.

HariKari

Something about being snotty with your consumer base (that you happened to ship an unfinished game to) doesn't seem very smart.

Probably just poor word choice from someone who isn't a native English speaker. Wouldn't surprise me if they were oblivious to the obvious negative tone it sets. Kill trading is absolutely a problem in this game, and it was present in beta. If you attempt to play this game at a higher level you will be brought down by lesser players who are given an extra second by the server to kill you. It's obnoxious. I hope they fixed it. Skeptic in me says a server side system can never be rid of this sort of thing.

Nowise10

Quit looking for things to bitch about. It was a play on words. Its the slang people would use to describe the fault.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Quit looking for things to bitch about. It was a play on words. Its the slang people would use to describe the fault.

Yeah, I don't see a problem with "so called 'x'." Because that's what it was called, you know?

Man. I enjoy the game but the more I play the worse I seem to get. Playing on PC and I seem to loose any one on one battle. I guess I'll never be decent in FPS again. The last time I was pretty good was UT/quake days.

xBladeM6x

So far the patch has been good to me, then again I never really had issues outside of Error Disconnect. Anyways, are non-premium able to play China Rising now?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Man. I enjoy the game but the more I play the worse I seem to get. Playing on PC and I seem to loose any one on one battle. I guess I'll never be decent in FPS again. The last time I was pretty good was UT/quake days.

This plays slower than UT/Quake, which may be your hangup. You need to calculate drop/distance and cover-etc over quick-twitch hit-scan/instant-hit weapons.

Pennybags

I still can barely play the game with my 560ti/2500k.

My overall FPS is fine but I get ridiculous stuttering/hitching upon looking to the left or right.

I've been patient, checking for improvement with every patch, but I am beginning to get irritated over the fact that I payed for the actual game, not just commander mode.

AmyS

Okay, again, when do non-Premium PS4 owners get to play the China Rising maps?

I have my code ready to be redeemed.

xBladeM6x

I still can barely play the game with my 560ti/2500k.

My overall FPS is fine but I get ridiculous stuttering/hitching upon looking to the left or right.

I've been patient, checking for improvement with every patch, but I am beginning to get irritated over the fact that I payed for the actual game, not just commander mode.

That 560ti is the culprit. If you have a chance, upgrade to a GTX 760 / AMD 7950 for solid 60 FPS at High / Ultra.

This plays slower than UT/Quake, which may be your hangup. You need to calculate drop/distance and cover-etc over quick-twitch hit-scan/instant-hit weapons.
Maybe. There's times where I swear I'm shooting right in them and then I just die. The biggest issue is I'm not even sure what to do to get better.

I can't even play the game after the patch, due to all the texture flickering and disappearing. Turns out that everyone with SLI or crossfire is SOL!

And right at the launch of China Rising! Thanks Dice!

I am not expecting a fix for at least a week, and by then I will be back at work (had this week off). :(

Milennia

finally!!

.45 old school trophy was a freaking headache.

My last trophy was a missed collectible in the campaign lol.

First thing i did during double xp was knack out the trophys, got 45 in like 10 hours from a p226 lol playing squad deathmatch lol.

(4 of those hours were spent sleeping)

FoxProject

Neo Member
New patch took my 780 from 60+ FPS every game to anywhere between 4-100 depending on...well, I'm not sure what it's depending on to be honest. Yikes.

Ataxia

Are the new maps out yet? (China Rising). I bought the limited edition which gave me a download code... And I'm pretty eager to see how they play.

Played a round tonight on Hainan Resort where 12 members of my team just camped out on the hills behind A & B. Not even aggressively moving up to take/defend them. It seems like I've been seeing a lot of players who want to play shoot-out back there instead of playing objectives.

Grief.exe

So do the DMR's just suck or am I just bad? leveling the first one without anything is a pain.

They are pretty bad. Not only did they get a damage reduction from BF3, but a spread increase as well. They also lost their large headshot multiplayer value.

Just doesn't make any sense considering they weren't widely used in BF3 either, now there is no reason whatsoever to use them. Novelty weapon at best.

HariKari

So do the DMR's just suck or am I just bad? leveling the first one without anything is a pain.

They are statistically speaking not setup to be successful or viable weapons. Maybe if assault rifles and carbines were half as accurate would they stand a chance. You can spam with the SKS but that's about it.

So shitty of them to buff shotguns and generally get them right (kings of close quarters) while nerfing DMRs.

Ataxia

Apparently already up on Xbox Marketplace too. If you already entered your DLC code when you bought the game you have to wait until the in-game store updates though. Which could happen god knows when.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Ha! I didnt knew there was an official statement about the Squad Join feature:

This is just a short update to let you know that we have heard your feedback on the lack of a squad join feature. While there currently are no plans to include a lobby feature in Battlefield 4, we are listening to you and evaluating our options. In the end, we want to make sure you have a great experience.

Instead of building upon what we had in Battlefield 3, we took a new approach where you are able to quickly and easily find and join friends already playing, or invite them to an ongoing game. You can invite friends either in the Multiplayer menu, or by bringing up the new in-game Battlelog by pressing the Back/Select button.

Some of the feedback that we’ve seen from you is that server slots may get filled up by other players before your friends can join. We understand that this can be frustrating. To avoid this, please make sure that you’re playing on a server that has enough free slots.

If you wish a new squad to be formed when a friend joins your game, you can set this option in the options menu. If you want to be in total control over the team setup, then you can turn this feature off. Once a squad has been created, squad leaders can also make the squad private so that only invited players can join.

Improving the stability of the game and fixing bugs is our priority right now, but we wanted to let you know: we are listening and your feedback is appreciated.

So... there might be a chance once the game is stable! Might.

Kyoufu

When was the last time you played? There was a patch last week, is this a new one? :0

It's new. Last week's was 800MB or so.

Unfortunately all I'm getting is this:

BbsRofmIQAETEDo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom