• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I was never a fan of iron sights before but now that you have to wait for the texture or whatever to load/disappear they are a lot worse.

Not as bad as Payday 2's. You can't even SEE the ironsights because they're blurred due to that stupid zoom-blur effect they use in that.

Akainu

Every time I get some battlelog item from a battlepack it's like a kick in the teeth. I'm never going to use your stupid website.

If you fire a smoke grenade between you and target does it block their vision. Cause from my point of view it looks unimpressive unlike in 3.

Every time I get some battlelog item from a battlepack it's like a kick in the teeth. I'm never going to use your stupid website.

If you fire a smoke grenade between you and target does it block their vision. Cause from my point of view it looks unimpressive unlike in 3.

Well, from what I've seen in the pistol-only server, yes. It seems quite effective too. The smoke can get really thick to the point where it's impossible to see through or see anything when you're in it. I'm not sure how many grenades they fire to get it like that though.

Completely uninstalled the game and battlelog hoping a re-install would finally allow me to play after two weeks of "client closed down the server" errors.

Nope. Fuck you, EA/Dice.

Milennia

My week break (give or take about 17 hours worth of games) is almost over lol... I was waiting for the rest of the community to get china rising so i could get some servers for once.

You might have to open up some ports on your router.

My ports are wide open. I had no problems (or rarely at least) at launch. It's just been the last couple of weeks that it got bad.

When it first started two weeks ago I could get in after a good while of trying (we're talking after trying like 20 games). The last few days it has become absolutely impossible. I can sit here all day trying to join to no avail.

RoKKeR

So how does one transfer Premium from 360 to XBO? Alll of my stars and even my premium dog tag transverse over but not my actual status. How do you do this?

Edit: nevermind, had to do it through the Xbox One Games store instead of the in-game store.

TheContact

not sure what's going on but after connecting to a server, before my game has a chance to boot up and load i get a message that says i was disconnected from ea online, happens on all servers (PC)

edit: closing origin completely and re opening fixed it

Hey guys. By luck and fortune, i have a ps4 coming tomorrow, and a friend gave me his copy of BF4 on the PS3 a few weeks ago (the game steelbook edition, if that makes a difference). How do uk peeps do a next gen upgrade? I saw stuff about going into game and trade-in but obviously I'd much prefer if there's a solution involving the ps4 store/inserting the disc or something. Is there anything like that? Can't stand the staff of my local game.

Akainu

Hey guys. By luck and fortune, i have a ps4 coming tomorrow, and a friend gave me his copy of BF4 on the PS3 a few weeks ago (the game steelbook edition, if that makes a difference). How do uk peeps do a next gen upgrade? I saw stuff about going into game and trade-in but obviously I'd much prefer if there's a solution involving the ps4 store/inserting the disc or something. Is there anything like that? Can't stand the staff of my local game.

My brothers game came with a code in the box.

bidguy

Banned
finally server queues and not a single crash since the latest update

now fix the sound bugs and allow custom servers on console and were good dice

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
finally server queues and not a single crash since the latest update

now fix the sound bugs and allow custom servers on console and were good dice
How about bringing the Squad Option back? Or being able to customize your soldier before battle? And how about Conquest not crashing and showing up in the server browser?

Theres a thing or two to improve before BF4 becomes what we all want: The best mother effin shooter sandbox ever conceived.
I believe in you DICE <3 I BELIEVE

Reckoner

I had my game drop a lot when I was playing just a few hours ago. Solved it when I noticed that I had my PC with power save mode activated. Maybe those having sudden frame drop issues, that I've seen people talking about here, should make sure they have their machine set on high performance mode.

TheSeks

You mean the RFB?

I just go with the default, like I said on launch: A lot of people were sleeping on it because "WHOMG SLOW SHOOTING" but the DMR's are all good in capable hands (just the netcode is fucking with them all).

I'd say canted iron-sights if you want a sniper-close-range hybrid. But hip-firing in close-quarters works better with it than the SKS so you just have to adjust to it.

Milennia

You mean the RFB?

I just go with the default, like I said on launch: A lot of people were sleeping on it because "WHOMG SLOW SHOOTING" but the DMR's are all good in capable hands (just the netcode is fucking with them all).

I'd say canted iron-sights if you want a sniper-close-range hybrid. But hip-firing in close-quarters works better with it than the SKS so you just have to adjust to it.

No lol the attack boat :p

Maddocks

Since the thing is the God of boats. Firepower mixed with active protection from rockets.

Then while you go 40-3 laugh like a maniac on the mic so everyone knows you are insane. It is the only way to drive that thing around. Like a rich sheik who said,"fuck it I want an attack yacht and I don't care if it costs me 50 million"

TheSeks

Yeah, Active Protection and maybe switching the missiles for air/other boat if you're the pilot. The major issue is keeping the gunners from being locked which a lot of people forget and point the nose of the boat at where they're targeting. If a gunner can help the pilot they can take out an attack boat together in minutes. But a lot of people forget this and then get blown out of the water.

But yeah, Active Protection is NEEDED for keeping pissed off engineers off you for a short while longer.

Milennia

Yeah, Active Protection and maybe switching the missiles for air/other boat if you're the pilot. The major issue is keeping the gunners from being locked which a lot of people forget and point the nose of the boat at where they're targeting. If a gunner can help the pilot they can take out an attack boat together in minutes. But a lot of people forget this and then get blown out of the water.

But yeah, Active Protection is NEEDED for keeping pissed off engineers off you for a short while longer.

Since the thing is the God of boats. Firepower mixed with active protection from rockets.

Then while you go 40-3 laugh like a maniac on the mic so everyone knows you are insane. It is the only way to drive that thing around. Like a rich sheik who said,"fuck it I want an attack yacht and I don't care if it costs me 50 million"

Thanks.

Was having a bit of trouble choosing a missile.

I use active protection/reactive on pretty much everything whilst I'm learning how tao not be a terrible pilot lol.

TheSeks

Phantom Prospect: Doesn't need a 300 meter headshot. Can accumulate it within the same round. I got three 100 or less meter headshots in quick succession on Silk Road and got it. *shrug* Either that or it went over 300 meters and I didn't see the 300 shot.

Everyone and their mother still camps the fucking bombing run to where I can't get the second assignment with that done.

Milennia

Phantom Prospect: Doesn't need a 300 meter headshot. Can accumulate it within the same round. I got three 100 or less meter headshots in quick succession on Silk Road and got it. *shrug* Either that or it went over 300 meters and I didn't see the 300 shot.

Everyone and their mother still camps the fucking bombing run to where I can't get the second assignment with that done.

Wtf...

I purposely tried and got a 600m headshot because of that requirement -.-... Kept thinking the smaller ones weren't enough.

TheSeks

Well, the score for the marksmen headshot was like 150, 160, 125 or thereabout since I was shooting from F to D (Conquest Large/64 player) on Silk Road with the last weapon EXP Sniper to try to get Variable and Bipod on it like the other snipers. So yeah, at the end of the round I was surprised it counted all of them together since like you I tried my damndest to get longer ranges and completely failed.

Just leaves the MBT and Assault Rifle kills for that, which will come with time.

I still gotta do the bombers and Jet kills (NOURAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~) to have all the China Rising assignments done. >_>

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
It counts them together for the Marksman ribbons too I think. You need 250 combined.

I was a badass and got a 369 on Dragon Pass though.

TheSeks

It counts them together for the Marksman ribbons too I think. You need 250 combined.

Yeah, it does. 150+100 marksmen makes a Marksmen ribbon. After learning about that, it's a little easier than doing 5 headshots (okay, not quite since it requires distance whereas BF3's Marksmen could've been gotten with ALL weapons at all ranges) since you just have to calculate a good range to combine into 250 with 1 or a few more shots.

Problem is I don't play sniper often enough since hitting moving targets is a damn impossible thing for me to where I line up headshots often enough for that. I think I have like 6-10 marksmen for the 50 required for the last sniper that isn't a weapon EXP unlock.

Mayyhem

So how am I supposed to play the two map packs I bought and downloaded (SA and CR)?

They do not come up in Quick Match. And I can't start a one in server browser (the whole browser seems broken in general)

Am I basically shit out of luck? To be honest first time I've payed for content (maps) and not even be able to try it once. Amazed. 5/5

Xbox One version btw.

Too bad the MBT is pretty much useless until you get Reactive Armor and Staff Shells. Trying to play Silk Road as a tank without either of those is suicide. Tanks just camp on the cliffs and staff shell anyone down below to pieces.

Not to mention (as I have plenty of times before) the ridiculous amount of anti-vehicle options this game has. If they had tank superiority but with no infantry (can't leave tank, battle area is OOB for infantry) that would be perfect. Having infantry in tank superiority in BF3 ruined it completely. It was Javelin, C4, and Mine superiority.

Kabuto

SKS + Angled Grip + Suppressor is beast. The SKS is already really accurate and the bullet slowdown of the Suppressor makes it even more accurate. The Suppressor also doesn't put me on the mini-map so I just go on kill streaks with it. I stopped going negative with the gun now with this combo haha.

Today is a good day to play BF4 I guess cuz I played 4 hours without crashing.

Milennia

Yeah, it does. 150+100 marksmen makes a Marksmen ribbon. After learning about that, it's a little easier than doing 5 headshots (okay, not quite since it requires distance whereas BF3's Marksmen could've been gotten with ALL weapons at all ranges) since you just have to calculate a good range to combine into 250 with 1 or a few more shots.

Problem is I don't play sniper often enough since hitting moving targets is a damn impossible thing for me to where I line up headshots often enough for that. I think I have like 6-10 marksmen for the 50 required for the last sniper that isn't a weapon EXP unlock.

I was going for the fy-js as well , but when i hit the 38 ribbon mark i looked up the gun... Compared to the srr it might as well not exist.

Ill finish it soon anyway for the sake of unlocking all of the weapons however.

Dr Prob

Banned
So how am I supposed to play the two map packs I bought and downloaded (SA and CR)?

They do not come up in Quick Match. And I can't start a one in server browser (the whole browser seems broken in general)

Am I basically shit out of luck? To be honest first time I've payed for content (maps) and not even be able to try it once. Amazed. 5/5

Xbox One version btw.

Have you tried using the Battlelog server browser on your pc? That one actually works and is kind of a cool feature, though there's no excuse for the in-game one being shit.

TheSeks

So let me get this straight. 3 slams on a tank will blow it up. But how do you detonate them???

You don't attach them to the tank you want to blow up. You attach them to the wall/ground/vehicle of a thing you want to slam into the tank you want to blow up.

Just like normal AT mines.

Maddocks

putting slams on walls is the greatest thing ever. No one ever suspects a mine on a wall. Toss em on tanks and watch them drive off while I wave and they blow up. Great feeling.

scogoth

So whats the optimal setup for an RCB?

Active protection, TV missile, enigneer on the back and 25mm for big maps 30mm for small maps. Boat on boat use active protection to stop the first TV/Wire/Laser guided missile and then obliterate them with two TVs and one round of the cannon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom