• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's godly without any attachments already or it was before it was nerfed. Still one of the best assault rifles though.

How/when was it nerfed? Love this rifle. Still my fave out of the ARs. Is there a site that ranks all the weaponry?

I'm still experimenting with my ACE 23 loadouts. With the stealth nerf I'm not satisfied with my current loadout.

Right now I'm experimenting with Heavy Barrel and Angled Foregrip.

I've just had flash hider and potato grip on mine.

5OJS4.jpg
Is there any way for me to get rid of that thing? It stays like that if I press space too early when being revived, sometimes manages to get rid of most UI elements too, and I can't get rid of it unless I respawn.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
yeah, PS4s finally came back in stock again locally this weekend, got one saturday night, updated it and let it download and install while i slept and played on sunday.
Add me: Fersis_4

I play every night ... til the third or fourth crash then i get mad and turn off the thing. >__<

Is there any way for me to get rid of that thing? It stays like that if I press space too early when being revived, sometimes manages to get rid of most UI elements too, and I can't get rid of it unless I respawn.
hmhmhm wasnt that bug fixed in the last PC Client patch?

zma1013

Well, the kill-swapping definitely feels better, but it's still there. Happened a couple times today so far.

Is it me or does Active Protection feel broken? Whenever I turn it on it seems like it only blocks missiles half of the time.

You could be getting hit by LAWS, which for some reason aren't blocked. I think it's unintended.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
it's Battlefield. with more people.

the biggest difference is when you're flying. because holy shit stingers everywhere. EVERYWHERE! EVERYWHERE!!!
Really? Ive been spotting and locking choppers like a madman and not a single engineer fires a stinger >__<

We need to play together man
Recon is fun to me now! Not as a long range sniper but as a legit recon dude. :3

You could be getting hit by LAWS, which for some reason aren't blocked. I think it's unintended.

It's more than LAWS though. It's even when a enemy has a lock on me - I hear the tone, missile incoming, pop the Protection... boom. Seems random, but there are so many rocking launchers out there it's tough to keep track of who's shooting what.

I might just go back to smoke screen.

zma1013

Really? Ive been spotting and locking choppers like a madman and not a single engineer fires a stinger >__<

We need to play together man
Recon is fun to me now! Not as a long range sniper but as a legit recon dude. :3

Stingers and IGLAs use their own locks.

Milennia

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/32/412684959419524992/238675183/

First day back, first game back lol
Dat dc within the first 10 minutes -.-.

All my deaths are due to my aim being fucking terrible after a week off.. Seriously like wtf, i was shooting above peoples heads.. Its only been a week.

Except the first death, which was due to activating active protection in a tank and then proceeding to get bombarded in the back by an engineer i thought disconnected from the game while parachuting as he dissapeared into thin air.. I thought the tank i was shooting at (who i saw first and got an easy first shot on) crit me for 75 lol, i had no clue what was happening i just saw active protection go off and my health at 13 instantly.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ill help you right now.

By help you mean fly over me and then it takes me like five minutes to get my bearings just to try to hit you into a disable again. Controller or keyboard.

I AM HORRIBLE at flying the jets in a killing fashion.

How on earth do you fire a Stinger? Can it only lock onto aircraft? Or can it shoot vehicles?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIM-92_Stinger said:
The FIM-92 Stinger is a personal portable infrared homing surface-to-air missile (SAM), which can be adapted to fire from ground vehicles or helicopters (as an AAM), developed in the United States and entered into service in 1981. Used by the militaries of the United States and by 29 other countries, it is manufactured by Raytheon Missile Systems and under license by EADS in Germany, with 70,000 missiles produced. It is classified as a Man-Portable Air-Defense System (MANPADS).

Basically BF's version is the normal variant of it and it doesn't have a modified version of it in BF for ground vehicles. If you're wanting "best of both worlds" do Javelin with a recon laser designator.

TheSeks

Nice job seks. You really became an ace pilot there. Should rename you Maverick.

;)

Just leaves the CUAV assignment and that stupid bombing run. Which will both be bothersome with that nerf today.

Rizific

this happened to me twice so far. its really quite distracting. fix something, break something else. shouldnt be too much of a nuisance since i barely get revived.

Fersis

Stingers and IGLAs use their own locks.

I thought they used whatever lock was active. For instace the Recon lock.
=/

BTW too many snipers. Sniper Rifles are too easy to use now.
It's a shame because the Recon Class is pretty fun to use without Sniper Rifles.

TheSeks

Cool. This'll be my first time playing a BF campaign. I'm going in with very low expectations, hah.

Make sure you have a collectibles guide if you want the gun and dogtags before going in.

Grief.exe

I wonder if there is a way to get the campaign weapons without playing through the campaign. For example, using someone's save file or another registry edit.

TheSeks

Probably, but the campaign is so short and not as bad as you guys make it out to be. Play on Easy if it bothers you that much. Didn't take me more than like 4-6 hours on Hard to get all that stuff.

Anyone getting lag issues? Seems like it takes five seconds today for a kill confirm notification to pop-up and kill that person for me. :/

Grief.exe

Probably, but the campaign is so short and not as bad as you guys make it out to be. Play on Easy if it bothers you that much. Didn't take me more than like 4-6 hours on Hard to get all that stuff.

I have some of the best FPS games of the year yet to play, I am not going to waste my time on that.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I wonder if there is a way to get the campaign weapons without playing through the campaign. For example, using someone's save file or another registry edit.
If you're on PC then yes you can just download a complete save, restart battlelog, start playing. Log out, restart again and battle log should recognize it and unlock everything.

Did that on PC personally, finished it the normal way on PS4.

Edit: I'm getting Helicopter Lessons adverts in this thread. That's great!

I think I need a small break from this game. The little issues like frame dips etc are really starting to bother me after playing a few other games that run butter smooth. Not sure if it's just me but I swear FOV in this game is bugged. I know single-player had issues but I swear multi-player has them too.

Past two nights I have tried to play and it's like I forgot how to use a mouse. Just silly aiming, zero recoil control etc. Then I get frustrated at myself for being so dumb and make it even worse.

/firstworldproblems

Grief.exe

If you're on PC then yes you can just download a complete save, restart battlelog, start playing. Log out, restart again and battle log should recognize it and unlock everything.

Did that on PC personally, finished it the normal way on PS4.

Edit: I'm getting Helicopter Lessons adverts in this thread. That's great!

Got the saves and it shows that I have completed all the missions in Battlefield, but none of the unlocks have popped up.

Got the saves and it shows that I have completed all the missions in Battlefield, but none of the unlocks have popped up.

Have you gone into a server and checked if they show up in load out then? I had issues with battle log showing that I had unlocked them. But in game they were available.

I can't figure out China Rising for the life of me.

I preordered the standard version - which got me into the beta. I also have the little China Rising jet symbol up near my name in Battlelog. So I have it, correct?

I have no idea how to download or install it though. Within Origin, under BF4 details and Expansions, I see China Rising, but it's grayed out.

Is anyone else experiencing single player game save loss after the patch on Xbox one? I have a friend who just lost 2 saves in a matter of days.

Milennia

When the next battlefield game releases and were knee deep in final stand or w.e the final dlc is called, I'm going to buy a shirt that says "i survived battlefield 4".

(Ill buy the shirt right after a crash)

Milennia

I wouldn't count on it since the netcode in BF3 is still pretty shitty after 2 years.
Probably not something they are even looking at.

They are most certainly looking at it, its in the latest pc patch notes.

We&#8217;ve rolled out a new PC game update and will continue to make improvements based on your feedback. The update includes fixes with the aim to increase the general stability of the game, and eliminates bugs that you may have experienced. It also includes an improvement to the so-called &#8220;Netcode&#8221;.

Dec 16 PC Game Update Notes
-Fix for a crash that would cause the game to stall, resulting in a sound loop. This should eliminate most of the problems relating to this.
-Fix for the SUAV (introduced in the China Rising expansion pack) not exploding when hitting enemy soldiers. While these indeed should be deadly, they were never designed for &#8220;roadkilling&#8221; opponents.
-Fixed one of the issues related to the so-called &#8220;Netcode&#8221; (see below for details)
-Fix for player tags not always showing when needed to, resulting in players shooting team members.
-Fix for graphical flickering appearing on terrain.
-Fixed the instance where players suddenly would transition into Spectator Mode while playing the Defuse game mode.
-Fix for a Defuse bug where none of the teams would win a round by letting the timer run out. -Fix for players getting stuck in the revive screen after being killed.
-Fix for players getting stuck in the kill camera after being revived.
-Fix for the game mode specific ribbons being counted twice in the multiplayer progression.
-Made the NVidia 331.82 driver version mandatory for all players.
-Disabled DirectX 11.1 on NVidia cards that have outdated drivers.
-Fixed driver version not being properly detected on NVidia Optimus systems.
-Fixed a minor crash that could occur when bringing up the scoreboard.
-Fix for the issue where the game would get stuck in loading screen when players tried to join a Second Assault map without actually owning Second Assault.

&#8220;Netcode&#8221; improvement
We&#8217;ve addressed the so called &#8220;Kill trading&#8221;. This refers to when two players fire at each other and, seemingly, both die at the same time. The time window where a bullet could cause damage from an already dead player is now calculated as intended, decreasing the timeframe when players with high latency could get a kill, even though they should be dead according to the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom