• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
It's new. Last week's was 800MB or so.

Unfortunately all I'm getting is this:

BbsRofmIQAETEDo.jpg
Console maintenance right now

Battlefield ‏@Battlefield 44m
We're currently performing maintenance on PS3, PS4, and X360. #BF4 multiplayer will be unavailable on these platforms for up to 1 hour.

Thank you based next gen for fast patches.

Latest Xbox One patch has done wonders for me. I made it through 5 rounds in 3 hours or so without crashing ONCE! It still sucks trying to get into a match, though.

I can't figure out China Rising for the life of me.

I preordered the standard version - which got me into the beta. I also have the little China Rising jet symbol up near my name in Battlelog. So I have it, correct?

I have no idea how to download or install it though. Within Origin, under BF4 details and Expansions, I see China Rising, but it's grayed out.

Not actually sure if it's now available for non-premium users yet, but assuming it is: try restarting the Origin client. I had to do this when I bought Premium and China Rising still wouldn't show up.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
rofl

The end of the campaign is so bad

The campaign in BF4 is actually somehow worse than BF3... Irish is the worst character in a modern videogame. Easily, by far worse than Rico.

BF3 at least had decent dialog and performances. Seemed like it was written by adults. BF4 has some of the worst cringe-worthy dialog man. It's frigging bad.

So do the DMR's just suck or am I just bad? leveling the first one without anything is a pain.

I used the Mk11 a little more last night and thought it handled better since the patch, but could be placebo. I agree, they're not the best in direct encounters, but if you can flank or provide support in a firefight, they can be useful.

Until they get a buff, however, there are so many other superior options in every class.

I don't think an all kit weapon should be better than regular class weapons. DMRs shouldn't be winning against assault rifles up in close range.

Perhaps a middle ground between mid to long range should suffice.

The campaign in BF4 is actually somehow worse than BF3... Irish is the worst character in a modern videogame. Easily, by far worse than Rico.

BF3 at least had decent dialog and performances. Seemed like it was written by adults. BF4 has some of the worst cringe-worthy dialog man. It's frigging bad.

i liked Rico

Katyusha

Shit, well, it seems Origin won't let me install China Rising on a different hard drive so it seems that I'll have to redownload BF4 yet again and put on on my mechanical drives since my SSD doesn't have enough space for both

Zeppelin

I'm fairly sure that's intentional. The campaign has this weird flavour of humour to it, on which I can't really put my finger... Like, how they rediscover Pac on-board the Valkyrie but just cut him off when he wants to explain how he got back (Asian lady just don't give a fuck), and then when he finally gets to explain it's not much of an explaination anyways. And how you can't save the drowning guys below the grates onboard the sinking ship because that old agent you've got with you claims it's gonna take 9 minutes to grind through the metal. 9 minutes? That's such just a bullshit figure taken from nowhere, and I get the feeling DICE knows this. It's like they're poking fun on American military films/shooters whatever...

I dunno, I enjoyed the campaign much more than the one i BF3. Some spectacular scenes and excellent music, if nothing else.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
You should get points when that support explosion deflector stops explosions. More people would use the damned thing. It's super effective.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Shit, well, it seems Origin won't let me install China Rising on a different hard drive so it seems that I'll have to redownload BF4 yet again and put on on my mechanical drives since my SSD doesn't have enough space for both

Just move BF4 to the SSD?

Zeppelin

You should get points when that support explosion deflector stops explosions. More people would use the damned thing. It's super effective.

Haven't tried it yet, how does it work? Do you have to deploy it? Seems like something that could be useful for protecting your SOFLAMing troll squad on Golmud.

Haven't tried it yet, how does it work? Do you have to deploy it? Seems like something that could be useful for protecting your SOFLAMing troll squad on Golmud.

You deploy it and it projects greenlit zones on the ground around it. If you stand in those zones, you are safe from explosive projectiles.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

You set it up th direction you want it to block and it will detonate everything but hand thrown explosives for a time before it needs to reload and it will go again. It's great for blocking heli rocket spam and engi/assault noob tubes/rocket launchers.

JJD

Man I always forget to try to put one of those things in a tank or attack boat! =)

I wonder if they will stay in place like medkits or ammo boxes...

Anyone knows if the gunner's proximity sensor is turned on indefinitely or do I have to activate it and it has a cooldown time?

I have it on all my land vehicles gunners loadout but they don't seem to work.

Maybe it's bugged?

So what's up with China Rising for those who bought the deluxe version?? I bought mines from the mexican origin store for $38 when it released. On the battlelog store it shows I own the digital deluxe edition. I'm instructed to buy it though when I try to join a china rising server.

bf4.png

Zeppelin

You deploy it and it projects greenlit zones on the ground around it. If you stand in those zones, you are safe from explosive projectiles.

You set it up th direction you want it to block and it will detonate everything but hand thrown explosives for a time before it needs to reload and it will go again. It's great for blocking heli rocket spam and engi/assault noob tubes/rocket launchers.

Yeah, I just looked it up on YouTube. Not sure how useful it would be in Conquest. Usually when I find myself in a hail of projectiles I'm already dead...

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Man I always forget to try to put one of those things in a tank or attack boat! =)

I wonder if they will stay in place like medkits or ammo boxes...
I wish when I slapped one near a damn tank they would realize it and stay parked there.
Yeah, I just looked it up on YouTube. Not sure how useful it would be in Conquest. Usually when I find myself in a hail of projectiles I'm already dead...

It stops tank shells too.

Anything that explodes and isn't hand thrown.

JJD

They are real handy for rush.

I can see how they can be useful on a variety of situations, it's just sad that the majority of the player base doesn't care about most gadgets, even the most basic ones like medkits or ammo boxes.

I think they would get more use if they were an engineer gadget.

derFeef

Nice, all textures are missing from the China Rising maps now and weird flickering issues. Repairing did not help. Funny thing it's all green and not grey polygons.

The game is now broken for anyone who has more than one video card, for both Nvidia SLI and AMD Crossfire. All textures are flickering constantly.

One of the devs tweeted that they have it fixed internally, but are going to wait until the next PC patch to roll it out.

WTF!?! Get that game-breaking-fix out immediately!

I'm done with Dice games. It's just a paid beta.

vixlar

They probably will, but the better deals will be found on GMG and Amazon which have keys that activate on Origin.

Thanks man. I'll have a look in those sites. ¿Does Amazon sell digital outside USA? I'm from Mexico. And many times I've seen that its offers only apply on the US.

Zeppelin

I made a video showing off each of the four China Rising maps, along with my thoughts on what does/does not work. If you've got the time, give it a listen/watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GdbZsgFloo

I think I agree with most of what you said in the vid, with a few exceptions: I don't think Silkroad is as good for infantry as some people make it out to be. The desert flags really suck if you're playing infantry. Too open and with too little useful cover against air.

Dragon Pass is a weird map. I have had both great and terrible games on it. I don't think it's as hard to get around it as infantry as you make it out to be, and there's plenty of cover for engineers to work with in order to take out vehicles. But some games on it just end up in some weird kind of stale mate where the vehicles aren't really pushing flags, so you have tanks trying to take eachother out over very long ranges while also gunning down everything inbetween.

Also, for some reason I always thought you were a girl. I have no idea how I got that idea...

ThisOne

Just installed China Rising on PS4...no Obliteration games? :(

They need to create some servers with 32-player counts on Conquest. 64 players is way too many for all the vanilla maps. I don't really want to play 64 player games on China Rising either.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
The latest PS4 patch seems to have fixed the game up a bunch. Queueing is back in, stable as hell, server browser seems to work etc. played a long long series of really awesome games with a GAF squad just earlier today.

Looking positive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom