• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHOOSH.

Again: Remove stats and then people would stop caring.

Not really. They get that heal in right as the revive accept window starts. At least that's the way it works on PC.

So are you just not playing unless friends are, or you are quitting/team switching if losing? The way it was worded lead me to believe you just aren't taking your losses like a man.

Milennia

So, you're telling me to hang-back for the sake of squad score over the sake of the objective (note: Rush/Obliteration player) being armed?

See where the problem with the Squad perk system comes in?

No, i didn't say that at all.

Im saying belly flopping onto an on objective is the worst play you could make in this game. If you enter an area and see a group.. Do you rush in? Or wait for them to scatter or even flank? Flanking is how you deal with objectives most of the time and is most of the time an option. If its not, still don't rush in face first. Thats not pfto thats doto lol dying on the objective.

I don't see where you are getting that i don't understand the field orders system. I do and understand that its a piece of shit in terms of how you unlock them each game.
It does however, help one value his own life for the squad, as opposed to bellyflopping, you think more logically in said situation. Each mode is different as well, so each outcome will be different so as the case.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It's not really the squad-hopping. It's the fact that modes don't support "saving yourself" play. LAST MAN STANDING is nice and a good notification but 80% of the time you're going to be in a firefight when that happens so you're going to lose squad score.

Add in that the more people you have in your squad, the better chances of upgrading your perk/keeping it to where the game WANTS 5 players but most people aren't going to do that because they want to play with friends and yeah...

Not a good system.

No, i didn't say that at all.

Im saying belly flopping onto an on objective is the worst play you could make in this game. If you enter an area and see a group.. Do you rush in? Or wait for them to scatter or even flank? Flanking is how you deal with objectives most of the time and is most of the time an option. If its not, still don't rush in face first. Thats not pfto that doto lol dying on the objective.

I don't see where you are getting that i don't understand the field orders system. I do and understand that its a piece of shit in terms of how you unlock them each game.
It does however, help one value his own life for the squad, as opposed to bellyflopping, you think more logically in said situation. Each mode is different as well, so each outcome will be different so as the case.

So you mean to tell me you haven't been in Rush games where the objective is COMPLETELY open to you arming (or your RUSHing in) you arm it. Die and everyone on your squad dies to protect the objective/FIELD UPGRADE SCORE LOST!

(objective blows)

BASE TAKEN. AWAIT FURTHER ORDERS.

You: "Worth it"?

JenniferLawerenceOKAY.gif

Sometimes "Belly Flopping" on an Objective is more beneficial than keeping that squad score.

Milennia

It's not really the squad-hopping. It's the fact that modes don't support "saving yourself" play. LAST MAN STANDING is nice and a good notification but 80% of the time you're going to be in a firefight when that happens so you're going to lose squad score.

Add in that the more people you have in your squad, the better chances of upgrading your perk/keeping it to where the game WANTS 5 players but most people aren't going to do that because they want to play with friends and yeah...

Not a good system.

So you mean to tell me you haven't been in Rush games where the objective is COMPLETELY open to you arming (or your RUSHing in) you arm it. Die and everyone on your squad dies to protect the objective/FIELD UPGRADE SCORE LOST!

(objective blows)

BASE TAKEN. AWAIT FURTHER ORDERS.

You: "Worth it"?

JenniferLawerenceOKAY.gif

Sometimes "Belly Flopping" on an Objective is more beneficial than keeping that squad score.

Woah.. A situation in which things could be different.. I had no idea this was possible.

Oh wait...i just so happened to respond to that very claim in the post you have quoted.
Most of the time flanking is your best course of action and will save your squads life.
I also said that each mode is different, so as the case. In rush ... Its in the name. Its called on the fly decision making. Which is also in the post you quoted of mine.

My point being is the system makes you value your own life more, especially in randoms.

So WHOOSH as you would say?

(Also listing a specific situation will obviously yield different results as you are tailoring the specific situation to the point you think I'm trying to make, this isn't a situation that happens 100% of the time and rush also isn't the most popular mode in the game, so the game wide effectiveness of their system is still under discussion)

Milennia

If you're a medic pack some smoke grenades. Makes your life a bit easier.

Shit everyone should be packing thm.

Fun fact if you like smoke nades.

They have nearly 0 reload time from boxes, meaning if you run them on a support they are infinite and you could throw infinite simply by standing on one.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Is it just me or does anyone ever get no hit detection on a player, yet the kill? Is it a bug or something? Ill be shooting a guy thinking "how the hell am I missing? My dot/crosshairs is on him.." then, he dies like I was shooting him the whole time..

I even got melee kills with a lack of animation. Like I'm about to get countered and I'm expecting it...then the guy just crumbles and I get a melee kill.

Also, achieving the bonuses from squad upgrades...all they only available via a commander? I have no clue how the field upgrade stuff works.

Last night I had sort of an interesting time. I had the best games I've had so far, and the worst.

The best games aren't very interesting, I just got more kills than usual and had a great time. I'm sort of new to battlefield and I think I might be just finding the right weapons/tactics for me.

In the worst game, there must have been terrible lag. I saw a guy move around the corner not to far away, and facing away from me and not moving much. Just sort of looking at the action going on up the road, waiting for a shot. Easy kill.

I unloaded on him and he just wasn't dying. The whole thing right into his gut. I had to reload. Then he just turns around and pops me, I'm dead. His health at 100. Sigh.

Happened more than once that game. Went back to normal next game.

Yup, these are the kinds of bullshit that can just happen in the game just like that, and they last for multiple games, even if you switch servers. Had it real bad today especially. I usually know when it's going to happen when I can't find any servers with at least one open spot, and not one single empty server lets me join.

After the game froze AND had me in the loading loop today, you'd think that I just call it a day - nope, I kept on playing and annoying myself with the game. Particularly since I was still winning and getting kills through flanks. Other than that I was getting killed in a near instant by people who ate my shots while running just to stop and one-shot me with an assault rifle.

I think I'm going to do myself a favor and put the game away for Xmas, because I want to have a happy one after all.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Fun fact if you like smoke nades.

They have nearly 0 reload time from boxes, meaning if you run them on a support they are infinite and you could throw infinite simply by standing on one.

Yep and I do that all the time. Also. Who needs a medic? I'll just ninja vanish and self heal. Lol

TheSeks

My point being is the system makes you value your own life more, especially in randoms.

Why should I value my life if they don't value theirs? Double-so when we're down to 5 tickets, I arm and we hold the objective? Repeatedly?

"Flanking" isn't an option on most of the maps in Rush due to the map design DICE implemented. I have no clue why you continue to yell "FLANK FLANK" when that doesn't work outside of Obliteration and Conquest.

As for Obliteration: You're telling me to "value my life" when the bomb is five feet from me and needs to be armed? Really? Or needs to be picked up and carried to the bomb site. Really?

Again: I can see where they were going with the system, but it doesn't work in objective play. People aren't going to value their life outside of Conquest if it means getting the objectives done.

Milennia

Why should I value my life if they don't value theirs? Double-so when we're down to 5 tickets, I arm and we hold the objective? Repeatedly?

"Flanking" isn't an option on most of the maps in Rush due to the map design DICE implemented. I have no clue why you continue to yell "FLANK FLANK" when that doesn't work outside of Obliteration and Conquest.

Because (now in my last 2 posts) i have said that each mode is different and as such a different case.
I actually gave 3 possible options. Also, how is flanking not possible in rush wtf, its a term, it means catching your opponent blindsided by maneuvering around them.
Its all i have ever done in rush and works quite well when playing in full pubs.
Regardless however, the point is made, i also don't ever recall typing FLANK, FLANK.
I do however recall typing on the fly decision making. Or maybe ill be more clear and say situational awareness.

Also REALLY... Why do you keep putting words in my mouth telling me i said something specific or universal when i clearly said each mode is different yet there are 3 possible outcomes to an area of enemies... Where did i say anything about a bomb. Which falls under the category of different modes (also not the top played mode in the game, which is the original point) where the game forces you to play a certain way to win. All bets are off in a mode where the enemy can hop into a chopper and win the game. Why do you think I'm unaware of this?

TheSeks

Situational Awareness doesn't matter if you're trying to get the objective done. That's what I'm getting at. You're telling me to "stay alive," HEY GOOD ADVICE! But: 9/10 of the time you're going to be in a fire-fight/situation where that "LAST MAN STANDING" pops-up and means you're going to lose your squad-bonus.

"So hang back?"

And not get objectives done?

"SO FLANK!?"

...Which doesn't really work in Rush, and probably isn't an option depending on Obliteration's map make-up at times?

Also, how is flanking not possible in rush wtf, its a term, it means catching your opponent blindsided by maneuvering around them.

Haian First Set.jpg Numerous other map overviews.

Please tell me how to flank through open sea with only an Island in the middle for cover.

Long sight lines are generally the norm for Rush maps now a days. Which is why I'm saying "flanking isn't an option." Is it possible? Yes. Is it really possible in general? Not really.

Milennia

Situational Awareness doesn't matter if you're trying to get the objective done. That's what I'm getting at. You're telling me to "stay alive," HEY GOOD ADVICE! But: 9/10 of the time you're going to be in a fire-fight/situation where that "LAST MAN STANDING" pops-up and means you're going to lose your squad-bonus.

"So hang back?"

And not get objectives done?

"SO FLANK!?"

...Which doesn't really work in Rush, and probably isn't an option depending on Obliteration's map make-up at times?

Haian First Set.jpg Numerous other map overviews.

Please tell me how to flank through open sea with only an Island in the middle for cover.

Long sight lines are generally the norm for Rush maps now a days. Which is why I'm saying "flanking isn't an option." Is it possible? Yes. Is it really possible in general? Not really.
I completley agree in the sense that the maps currently available to us currently (that arent on the xbox platform at least) are difficult to maneuver "gracefully" and most times arent even practical to attempt at doing so.
Which is why there are other options i have listed. You just seem to want to argue flanking in this soecific game mode as im sure its the one you play the most or at least enjoy the most.

You are instead taking my words and summarizing them into single word quotes.

I never said hang back, thats what you are interperiting for some reason... The scenario i gave earlier was specifically for a group of enemies in. A specific area, hence why i said scatter as an option.
Rush in battlefield 4, at least in its current cartography is as you said, mostly straight and long sight. Nothing im disagreeing with.

Situational awareness however, is a universal term which summarizes my thoughts on the whole not dying thing.

TheSeks

I'm interpreting "hang back" because that's what you're basically saying. "If you want to keep your perks, then... stay back/'value your life' instead of the others in your squad."

To which I say "hey, that's good advice... that doesn't work because the game doesn't really want you to do that in other modes that aren't Conquest."

TDM: Kill more and die least
Rush: Die for the objective
Obliteration: Die for the Objective
Conquest: Die for the flag/holding the flag otherwise stay alive to prevent more bleed than you should.
Defuse: Stay alive (but that one is obvious since it's S&D)

2-3 of the five want you to "die for the objective" in general. And you're going to be in situations where you're going for that direction.

Sure, you can attempt to "flank" but you agree with me that isn't possible with most of the maps out there because of the way their built. It may be possible in Conquest and Obliteration, but depending on the enemy make-up it's not a sure thing.

My point is: You're playing the game/mode as it's designed and the squad-perk system (IMO) isn't designed for modes that aren't Conquest. You're going to be dying too often unless you have a sniper in the back of the map staying alive for those perk gains to be useful in discussions about the "regular" systems.

I'm not saying you're wrong per say, Mil. Because I can see what you're saying. But I'm saying you're wrong in the insistence that the system "works" per say because you're able to stay alive. You're either lucky in not being in firefights constantly, or playing Conquest where the fire-fights aren't focused.

Milennia

I'm interpreting "hang back" because that's what you're basically saying. "If you want to keep your perks, then... stay back/'value your life' instead of the others in your squad."

To which I say "hey, that's good advice... that doesn't work because the game doesn't really want you to do that in other modes that aren't Conquest."

TDM: Kill more and die least
Rush: Die for the objective
Obliteration: Die for the Objective
Conquest: Die for the flag/holding the flag otherwise stay alive to prevent more bleed than you should.
Defuse: Stay alive (but that one is obvious since it's S&D)

2-3 of the five want you to "die for the objective" in general. And you're going to be in situations where you're going for that direction.

Sure, you can attempt to "flank" but you agree with me that isn't possible with most of the maps out there because of the way their built. It may be possible in Conquest and Obliteration, but depending on the enemy make-up it's not a sure thing.

My point is: You're playing the game/mode as it's designed and the squad-perk system (IMO) isn't designed for modes that aren't Conquest. You're going to be dying too often unless you have a sniper in the back of the map staying alive for those perk gains to be useful in discussions about the "regular" systems.

I'm not saying you're wrong per say, Mil. Because I can see what you're saying. But I'm saying you're wrong in the insistence that the system "works" per say because you're able to stay alive. You're either lucky in not being in firefights constantly, or playing Conquest where the fire-fights aren't focused.
Ok i can get behind what your saying.
I agree and always have the system is garbage, i however still am unsure of the proper way to implement it outside of either a timed based system or just perks? (Tbh i think straight up perks is a pretty shit way of going about things in this game, but i can see them considering it)

When i play tdm (rare) and conquest its very easy to keep my order, however when playing rush (damn am i trying to get used to battlefield 4 rush) i normally play a pusher, i stay with my squad, which for sure gets me my orders, yet the closer we get the harder it becomes, making rush imo the hardest mode to play excessively well in ? I don't know how to put it lol.
Its such a crap shoot with pubs in rush (in bf4.. I have never had the issue with the older game cartography) that i have to push it extra hard just to get back there and arm, makes it hard to do my job, i rarely even get heals etc, off to use the field orders when playing with pubs in this game pertaining to rush.

Obliteration is odd.. Like realllllly odd. I normally get my orders up by playing engi and holding a line , then switch to medic when were at a stalemate. I honestly cant even begin to explain what i consider playing obliteration properly.. As I'm pretty sure there isn't a way,Thats why its fun i guess.

Heres hoping the bf3 maps work as intended in terms of rush (ffs obliteration on metro) and the naval combat maps (i will probably avoid obliteration on them tbh if they are just ship-ship hopping , middle of the ocean combat like I'm guessing they are) but rush sounds great in that sense, i just hope every map isn't like paracel first set... Which is all i can picture when they mention naval maps tbh..

TheSeks

Paracel First set isn't as hard as people make it out to be. It's really a set of "pushing to the front and suppressing the defense." On 32 players it works. On 64-players it doesn't unless you do said above to where the defense can't get players in the "tubes" of the ships bowels and holding behind cover.

Haian is the only one in Rush that I consider REALLY imbalanced in attacking. Well that and Metro 1.5/Locker but obviously I don't care for Locker too much to even mention it.

Milennia

Paracel First set isn't as hard as people make it out to be. It's really a set of "pushing to the front and suppressing the defense." On 32 players it works. On 64-players it doesn't unless you do said above to where the defense can't get players in the "tubes" of the ships bowels and holding behind cover.

Haian is the only one in Rush that I consider REALLY imbalanced in attacking. Well that and Metro 1.5/Locker but obviously I don't care for Locker too much to even mention it.

Thats how i play paracel, i sit beneath the ship and just wipe them like that and my squad usually spawns right behind me, i just dont like how its all flat after that really.
Super grenade prone.

When they describe naval maps/combat..l honestly just cant see anything other than some islands and boats or 2 ships out in the middle of nowhere,

TheSeks

Well, it's flat because it's kinda tropical/islands. I guess they could add a volcano/mountain but eh...

I actually like how Paracel plays out in general, even in *gasp* Conquest. I don't think the navel maps are going to support Rush. I would love to be proven wrong, but knowing DICE they'll say "we couldn't think of a way to add it, so it isn't in." And it'll be like Conquest/"Boat Superiority" mode and something else while Obliteration/Rush are left out in the cold.

I will say Obliteration where the teams have to get in and out of boats while people stay in the pilot seat would be pretty interesting. I had an interesting round where the bomb was in the water and I had to get out of the boat like five times in an attempt to get the bomb and haul ass with it because my team kept grabbing it before me while a scout helicopter was hovering around it.

Milennia

Well, it's flat because it's kinda tropical/islands. I guess they could add a volcano/mountain but eh...

I actually like how Paracel plays out in general, even in *gasp* Conquest. I don't think the navel maps are going to support Rush. I would love to be proven wrong, but knowing DICE they'll say "we couldn't think of a way to add it, so it isn't in." And it'll be like Conquest/"Boat Superiority" mode and something else while Obliteration/Rush are left out in the cold.

I will say Obliteration where the teams have to get in and out of boats while people stay in the pilot seat would be pretty interesting. I had an interesting round where the bomb was in the water and I had to get out of the boat like five times in an attempt to get the bomb and haul ass with it because my team kept grabbing it before me while a scout helicopter was hovering around it.

I meant that first set was flat really, i like the way paracel plays out as well.
Its my second favorite map next to guilin (which i love because it fits my playstyle perfectly). I recently played silk road rush for the first time... I honestly have no idea how thats a thing. We couldn't advance due to snipers looking down a straight line and i couldn't even get around the left side due to a dude prone back there just scoped in the whole game.

Timu

All this Paracel talk made me decide to do a panorama of it.

ivW9LeLCWSnTo.png

Rizific

what are those random hit markers that im getting sometimes? no points pop up or anything, just a hit marker. it just happened recently while i was playing recon, so i know its not mines. spawn beacon maybe?

TheSeks

what are those random hit markers that im getting sometimes? no points pop up or anything, just a hit marker. it just happened recently while i was playing recon, so i know its not mines. spawn beacon maybe?

Yeah, or someone hitting your kit item. I'm not exactly sure. It happens sporadically for me even in other classes.

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
what a broken piece of shit game, I got the ps4 version for xmas, first it crashes my whole PS4 and I lose everything on it, then on the second crash (after the patch) the game save file is lost, i dont feel like playing any of the games again to get back to where I was.

thanks for a great xmas ea! assholes.

z3phon

I've played around 25 hours on the PS4 and most of my experience has been that players never drop med or ammo packs when I request it using commo rose. >_<
Looking for people to play with on the PS4, my PSN ID: Zephon__

Christmas noobs! Christmas noobs!
Tons of snipers to stab!

Lol! There's nothing better then the influx of new players to an FPS at Xmas time :)
So many hiding spots to exploit they haven't learned yet! So many out in the open runners! Chasing them around with the tank boat is a grand feeling muahahaha!

Gonna be a good week :)

Facism

the playerbase is so fucking thick there's no use positive reinforcement via points when they do something they should be doing, like capping flags, repairing, tossing meds, ammo etc.

No, punish the fuckers. Have points drain until they do something team-based and useful. Have a big fucking fiery text prompt with snoop dog dancing saying "WOW. WELL DONE. YOU DID WHAT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO DO. HAVE A FUCKING MEDAL YOU NO SKILL NO GAME SENSE FODDER"

Camping on a roof like some lone-wolf loser with a sniper rifle? Automatic missile strike by the server on that location, plus triple spawn timer for the idiot fuck that camped there. Also block him from using sniper weapons.

Punish ALLLLLLL the nonces.

Taurus

the playerbase is so fucking thick there's no use positive reinforcement via points when they do something they should be doing, like capping flags, repairing, tossing meds, ammo etc.

No, punish the fuckers. Have points drain until they do something team-based and useful. Have a big fucking fiery text prompt with snoop dog dancing saying "WOW. WELL DONE. YOU DID WHAT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO DO. HAVE A FUCKING MEDAL YOU NO SKILL NO GAME SENSE FODDER"

Camping on a roof like some lone-wolf loser with a sniper rifle? Automatic missile strike by the server on that location, plus triple spawn timer for the idiot fuck that camped there. Also block him from using sniper weapons.

I like your way of thinking.

Spookie

The Dota 2 method then. I approve.

Erban1

I've played around 25 hours on the PS4 and most of my experience has been that players never drop med or ammo packs when I request it using commo rose. >_<
Looking for people to play with on the PS4, my PSN ID: Zephon__

I'll shoot you a friend request, psn is Moneyman232

TheSeks

Still can't unlock the damn L96A even after doing all the requirements multiple times.

Is it the C4 one? That has to be done RECON ONLY. You can't use the C4 support item since it's bugged.

Bollocks

lol tried to climb up the stairs with the EOD bot at the very last rush objective on Zavod, that shit is useless, was hanging upside down at the first corner.

TheSeks

lol tried to climb up the stairs with the EOD bot at the very last rush objective on Zavod, that shit is useless, was hanging upside down at the first corner.

Clipping/collision? I wouldn't be surprised, the EOD bot had a lot of issues in BF3 and I don't think DICE really fixed them.

terrible

Banned
So when your jet or chopper inevitably crashes at the end of a round since you can't control the thing it counts as a death? Wtf lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom