• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrible

Banned
It shouldn't. I read server registers whatever score you had when victory screen appears.

I've had grenade kills/deaths post game many times on top of the chopper and jet suicide thing. The score definitely keeps going once the game ends, I just never thought about all those suicides counting too.

Screwed me out of a perfect match during the beta

I played 4 rounds of air superiority without dying but it kept saying I had 1 death. On the 5th game I noticed all the jets exploding into the ground once the round was over and then I knew what was going on.

Milennia

It feels like i haven't played any video games in such a long time, including BF4 and DayZ. Looking to fix that issue right now.

Had the same feeling today, so i hopped on and did a good 8 hours of BF4, every game was perfect and a win.. I need to take breaks more often.

Grief.exe

Had the same feeling today, so i hopped on and did a good 8 hours of BF4, every game was perfect and a win.. I need to take breaks more often.

Maybe so, this game provides so much frustration due to the state it is in and the direction Dice/EA is taking the series.

Breaks can be a good thing.

Bombless

Maybe so, this game provides so much frustration due to the state it is in and the direction Dice/EA is taking the series.

Breaks can be a good thing.

Sorry state? I dunno. Haven't had any issues lately that weren't related to my PC. BF4 runs just fine, it's the shitty teams that suck.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So when your jet or chopper inevitably crashes at the end of a round since you can't control the thing it counts as a death? Wtf lol.

Same happens if someone kills you right at the end of normal rounds.

Or the bomb exploding in Obliteration. You get those counted as deaths if you're near the arm site, which is REALLY stupid for the purposes of stat whoring.

I'm a sucker...I bought Premium..

Got money for Xmas and had absolutely nothing on my mind to buy so I decided to fund EA's pay-for-beta..
To be honest Battle Packs have become like Ultimate team packs for me lol..I just wanted the Battle Packs lol

I got tired of being shivved and carbon fiber knifed, had to get my $50 new knife lol

I went baller style..popped a +100% XP boost then Medic whored Locker and Engy/Carbined till it ran out :)

Of course every game was an epic rubber-band fest. One point I was in the Tank Boat driving and the rear gunners chain gun sound wouldn't stop..5minutes straight of hearing it spin endlessly, even shook the screen till the point I could hardly shoot my main guns straight!

Ended the night on the Dam barely able to run or shoot as I rubber banded :)

Ataxia

All this Paracel talk made me decide to do a panorama of it.

ivW9LeLCWSnTo.png

dat chromatic aberration. Such an ugly effect.

I HATE that point blank sniper shots don't kill in one shot. makes no sense and it's so frustrating

If snipers get 1hit kills then every sniper should have %50 less health.

Even trade imo.

If you see a sniper on the ground on on a ledge and you pepper him with shots all they do is dip and dive and flee, worse is the skilled guys who can line you up WHILE getting hit with shots.
Why give a guy the same armor, ability to kill from distance AND One Hit Kills?

With a huge health difference a sniper will do his job and look to be hidden while also punishing run and gun snipers.

Besides, with the amount of damage a player takes manuvering the play field a Sniper can usually do high enough damage to kill an injured player in one shot, eithier that or if in medium/short range "Snipe--> Handgun--> Its a Kill"

So many easy fixes to balance the game and level out the Sniper/Engy abundance in the game...reduced HP/Armor due to tool set and removing Carbines as an option for the classes would do wonders..
I'd like to see these things before 1HK rifles..

Snipers are annoying enough as it is. One hit K.O would make them even more popular even if it was point blank. It shouldn't be winning against Assault rifles in terms of balance. I already seen teams comprised of half snipers already. Bunch of useless people sitting on top of things far away and sniping.

terrible

Banned
I'd love to see them limit recon to 2 per team in 64 player games and 1 in smaller game types. From there they could make snipers one hit kill at all ranges for all I care.

From what I have seen it counts on the in-game leaderboards, but no on battlelog.

I didn't check so that may be the case with me too. I'll look next time but I'll just be flying high when the tickets are low from now on so I might not die like that again lol.

Milennia

If snipers get 1hit kills then every sniper should have %50 less health.

Even trade imo.

If you see a sniper on the ground on on a ledge and you pepper him with shots all they do is dip and dive and flee, worse is the skilled guys who can line you up WHILE getting hit with shots.
Why give a guy the same armor, ability to kill from distance AND One Hit Kills?

With a huge health difference a sniper will do his job and look to be hidden while also punishing run and gun snipers.

Besides, with the amount of damage a player takes manuvering the play field a Sniper can usually do high enough damage to kill an injured player in one shot, eithier that or if in medium/short range "Snipe--> Handgun--> Its a Kill"

So many easy fixes to balance the game and level out the Sniper/Engy abundance in the game...reduced HP/Armor due to tool set and removing Carbines as an option for the classes would do wonders..
I'd like to see these things before 1HK rifles..

He said point blank.. Meaning in your face, standing right infront of you. If you think that its unfair for a point blank sniper shot to be a one hit kill, shotguns are the bane of your existence? They barely get kills as it is even if they were a one hit kill at ANY range.

I don't even understand how someone can consider these things overpowered. In ALL of my games they are the bottom 5 on the board and i die once every 4 games to one... Overpowered is the last thing they are, the problem is k/d focused players flocking to them and not contributing.

And damn ... Do i play a lot of games. Even played one today where my entire squad was recon, we still took an enormous shit on the other team due to spawn control.
My friend whom i play with each day, (who plays more than me, which is pretty hard to do) mains recon and works his ass off every game, sometimes he just says fuck it and swaps to a carbine so we can push instead of him clearing, its the only way he is useful overall and he acknowledges that hence why he swaps.

Edit : the netcode in this game nerfs them to the ground in terms of consistency. Im pretty damn sure that they wont fix this specific issue until the next installmant in the series, even then it will be gimped to all hell just like every previous installment sans BC2 where netcode didnt affect me for some reason and i could snipe with any gun in the game, even 12g slugs.

Shadybiz

Guys have some hard time spawning on squad mates ... PS4 .. can you advise how to do it ?

You should just be able to highlight them on the map before you deploy, and press X. Check to make sure there is not skull icon; if that's the case, he/she is dead, and you can't spawn on them.

Also you won't be able to spawn in their tank/chopper, etc, if the vehicle is full.

Edit: Beaten, and I did not know about the hardcore thing; good to know!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Why are the textures on the ps4 so shitty when i first load the game?
It's called 'Data Streaming', the game takes a while to stream all the data from the HDD to RAM.

Its the downside to having huge levels with lots and lots of vehicles. Im cool with the trade off!

snack

It's called 'Data Streaming', the game takes a while to stream all the data from the HDD to RAM.

Its the downside to having huge levels with lots and lots of vehicles. Im cool with the trade off!
Oh in that case...

Loading times arent bad at all. I guess this is a tradeoff I'm willing to live with.

wrongway

Has this game been fixed now/is it worth grabbing in the Christmas sale? (PC)

I haven't had any crashes or any other technical problems since the patch about two weeks in. There are still some in-game issues though, like the damage bug is still present (per a dev post on reddit, apparently the fix was rolled back because some other issue cropped up with it), and there are still questionable balance things like the godmode scout helicopter.

It induces the occasional ragequit, but overall it's quite a bit of fun. :p

zlatko

Banned
Been absolutely loving my time with this game.

I did run into my first WTF/BS moment. Had a guy not moving 5 feet in front of me, emptied the entire clip of my assault rifle into him, impossible to miss a bullet, got no X's, and then he just spun around and 1 shotted me.

I would've thought some kind of "lag" but I saw my team mates running off on the sides of my screen in the backround at normal intervals without any kind of "sliding."

Oh well. 1 BS moment is no biggy in the grand scheme of things thus far. :)

venom2124

what are those random hit markers that im getting sometimes? no points pop up or anything, just a hit marker. it just happened recently while i was playing recon, so i know its not mines. spawn beacon maybe?
I get those occasionally when I spot someone. What I've noticed recently is that I'm not getting hit markers when I use a suppressor on occasion. When I respawn, the hit markers are back to normal.

Grief.exe

I get those occasionally when I spot someone. What I've noticed recently is that I'm not getting hit markers when I use a suppressor on occasion. When I respawn, the hit markers are back to normal.

Press escape twice if you notice your crosshair has disappeared or you are not getting hit markers.

Rizific

As an aggressive recon, that recon limit sounds like shit to me. But I can see why it's embraced by some people. Those camping ass recons can go straight to hell. However, I love them for the fact that they provide me with easy and satisfying headshots. Then after I headshot them constantly throughout the match, I get called an aimbotter. Because hitting stationary targets in the head is hard, right?

bro1

Banned
When looking into the sky on test range, using a nvidia card with the 331.93 drivers, does anybody else have dithering on the conenctric circles/flare of the sky?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom