• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenexus6

So I just got this on PS4 and have a question..

I have been xbox live gamer for years I have a Origin / battlelog or whatever is it linked to my gamertag. When I created my PSN I used a different email address, is there any way to link both together and have just one account? I would prefer my account linked with all the years of xbox games as I know EA likes to give people special items / unlocks for "veteran battflefield" players.

Thanks

terrible

Banned

I have been xbox live gamer for years I have a Origin / battlelog or whatever is it linked to my gamertag. When I created my PSN I used a different email address, is there any way to link both together and have just one account? I would prefer my account linked with all the years of xbox games as I know EA likes to give people special items / unlocks for "veteran battflefield" players.

Thanks

Like this?

As far as I can remember the first time I booted the game up on PS4 I was greeted with an Origin account log-in screen. I just entered my Origin account details as usual and bam, it linked it just fine.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

Thanks

The first time you sign in on BF4 it'll ask you to log in to Origin in case your PSN ID isn't already linked to an Origin account. Log in with your Origin account there and it'll link up just like on Xbox, you only have to link once per platform.

If you want to change your Origin email you'll have to talk to EA's support. They can also re-link another Origin account to your PSN ID if you've linked up the wrong one already.

If you have the Origin PC client installed you can see which accounts you're linked to in the settings.

JJD

Thanks

I think you're out of luck friend.

If there is a way to have then both on your battlelog profile Faceless probably knows how to do it since he plays BF on multiple consoles.

Have you tried linking your PSN account to your battlelog one regardless of the different emails?

thenexus6

The first time you sign in on BF4 it'll ask you to log in to Origin in case your PSN ID isn't already linked to an Origin account. Log in with your Origin account there and it'll link up just like on Xbox, you only have to link once per platform.

If you want to change your Origin email you'll have to talk to EA's support. They can also re-link another Origin account to your PSN ID if you've linked up the wrong one already.

If you have the Origin PC client installed you can see which accounts you're linked to in the settings.

I didn't get an option to sign in only signup when I first booted the game

Like this?

As far as I can remember the first time I booted the game up on PS4 I was greeted with an Origin account log-in screen. I just entered my Origin account details as usual and bam, it linked it just fine.

Yeah but were your gamertag and PSN ID created with the same email address?

I think you're out of luck friend.

If there is a way to have then both on your battlelog profile Faceless probably knows how to do it since he plays BF on multiple consoles.

Have you tried linking your PSN account to your battlelog one regardless of the different emails?

you have to use the same email... or as some people have said, talk to EA tech support so they can relink.

i never had that issue because i used the same email.

you only get the option the first time you play an EA game on that particular network (PSN/XBL) on that gamertag.

there was a way people used to re-link themselves with a Fight Night game or demo or something back in the day, but that game's online support got dropped a while back.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Only the first time you log in on PSN with that ID on an EA game.

you have to use the same email... or as some people have said, talk to EA tech support so they can relink.

i never had that issue because i used the same email.

you only get the option the first time you play an EA game on that particular network (PSN/XBL) on that gamertag.

there was a way people used to re-link themselves with a Fight Night game or demo or something back in the day, but that game's online support got dropped a while back.

If he's already linked up to Origin with a PSN or Xbox Live account, he needs to contact EA Support to have them re-link his account to the desired account, it's a 5 minute process.

Erban1

Only the first time you log in on PSN with that ID on an EA game.

If he's already linked up to Origin with a PSN or Xbox Live account, he needs to contact EA Support to have them re-link his account to the desired account, it's a 5 minute process.

Yep I did this back when BF3 came out...quick and easy process

Milennia

Ok, I'm trying to get used to the Tar.
im Liking it so far as it makes me play better... In the sense that i have to get in close, and when i do i usually win the gun fight or take entire objectives at a time vis hip fire (when i ADS i have no idea what is happening with this gun , its either they die or i do) .
Hipfiring feels magnificent tbh lol its a massive change of pace coming from the ACE and L85.

Its fun.

terrible

Banned
Yeah but were your gamertag and PSN ID created with the same email address?

Nope.

im Liking it so far as it makes me play better... In the sense that i have to get in close, and when i do i usually win the gun fight or take entire objectives at a time vis hip fire (when i ADS i have no idea what is happening with this gun , its either they die or i do) .
Hipfiring feels magnificent tbh lol its a massive change of pace coming from the ACE and L85.

Its fun.

I started using the AKU and AK5C with a laser sight and ergo grip for hip firing and it's kind of crazy how effective it can be.

thenexus6

Finally got it switched, had to speak to two different guys on the EA web chat thing. First guy was helping but hit a road block told me to call back shortly. Then I had an email come through to call back. The second guy went through the standard security understood what I wanted to do, then warned me I might lose all my progress, stats etc etc.

After that was done, both Xbox and PSN on one user ID! Worth the hassle indeed! Pretty nice guy that helped me too, will be filling a good survey about him.

Its fun.

That's how I play it. It's magnificent upclose. I heard the damage is bugged for range, so enjoy it while it last.

Dolemitesooner

Neo Member
Looking for some people to play with this weekend on PS4. I am tried of playing with squads not on Mic and having squad leaders not give orders. YOU GET SO MANY POINTS FROM ORDERS.

Add me for mic chat and conquest play in B4. on PS4. Dolemitesooner

After 100+ hours logged in I just noticed that on Conquest, the building at point E on Dawnbreaker and the building at point D on Lancang dam are the same exact building. It's the same asset. Anyone else catch any little snippets of lazy DICE design???

Also, of all the glitches and bugs, the one I hate the most is the one where you just die and get killed in action for no reason whatsoever.

Rizific

Nope.

I started using the AKU and AK5C with a laser sight and ergo grip for hip firing and it's kind of crazy how effective it can be.

i stuck with the AKU for a looooooong time even after unlocking all of the carbines. then i discovered the ACE 21 and its now my default gun when i play engi. the rounds/min on the AKU is just too slow to win gun fights against assaults.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Sorry Seks but bipods just doesn't work for me. As I said IMO they are not worth it.

Seems like most people using bipods actively are even dumber than your average BF player. They usually seem oblivious to their surroundings, completely fixed on their narrow field of vision. Anecdotal of course, but I can't remember the last time I had a hard time against someone using a LMG and a bipod. Lone wolf snipers camping miles away using bipods are more a nuisance than anything. Every now and then you get killed by one but so what? Those guys are not usually helping win the game (yes, even on rush).

It's fine if bipod pros want to mow down people with LMGs or sniper rifles from across the map, I just hope they are not on my team! ;-)

IMO anyone striving to be a good bolt action/DMR sniper should just master the steady scope mechanic and stay mobile. And play the mid range game. If you're more than 200 meters away from the objectives you don't care about winning the game.

You don't really need bipods, they are just a crutch more often than not.

You totally missed my 20kill streak with the LMG and quick deploy/undeploy of the bipod with the M249 on Rush Metro defense then. I basically carried an ENTIRE team by myself with the bipod holding two lanes from the Metro train near A second set on PS3.

They are not a crutch. They give significant boosts to aim and bullet-drop on the LMG's and they give far more accuracy for the sake of aim leads for snipers.

LMG's at mid-range engagements watching their mini-map and moving from suppression while providing suppression is amazing. A lot of people use the bipod wrong, but if you get into the mindset of "there is a piece of cover, use it" it becomes amazing at laying down the law.

terrible

Banned
i stuck with the AKU for a looooooong time even after unlocking all of the carbines. then i discovered the ACE 21 and its now my default gun when i play engi. the rounds/min on the AKU is just too slow to win gun fights against assaults.

Yep, the AKU is not a TTK monster at all. The ACE 21 is only marginally better than the AK5C though. I think the ACE 52 is the best carbine overall but I'm just switching things up a bit for fun.

Bipods are awesome, especially for defense on rush. Awareness and good positioning will keep you from getting killed just like with anything else. I can't really give any general advice on how to use bipods because most of my strategies are map or situationally specific, but I use them to great effect on both offense and defense on Rush while being aggressive and netting alot of kills. I will say on offense I prefer a 4x scope on my sniper rifles to get rid of sway, but a bipod is good for counter sniping on Defense.

Bollocks

After extensively using it I gotta say the EOD bot is fucking useless.
The clipping is all over the place and if you want to dis/arm the objective you can't even get near because rubble gets in the way plus with the superb collision detection you can't even climb a 5 inch ledge. That thing is a joke.

I love the AK5C, put the 4x scope on just for fun and ... and I did great. Somehow I can counter the recoil better with the 4x scope. Normally I roll with the silencer and IR scope.

After 100+ hours logged in I just noticed that on Conquest, the building at point E on Dawnbreaker and the building at point D on Lancang dam are the same exact building. It's the same asset. Anyone else catch any little snippets of lazy DICE design???

Also, of all the glitches and bugs, the one I hate the most is the one where you just die and get killed in action for no reason whatsoever.

re-using assets in different ways in different maps is a Battlefield staple.

How do the weapon battlepacks work?
Do you get one for each 1k kills, or just after you've gotten all unlocks?

You get them after a certain number of kills, and then in intervals after a certain more amount of kills. They contain attachments unique to that weapon, or XP bonuses, etc. It says on the weapon battlepacks how many kills it takes to unlock it (listed in battlelog under the unlocks section).

So tough being on the Christmas noob team, even with gaf it's a tough downhill battle.

We actually won some though, the other non noob team sent their clan members to sabotage. Very shameful.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
So tough being on the Christmas noob team, even with gaf it's a tough downhill battle.

We actually won some though, the other non noob team sent their clan members to sabotage. Very shameful.
Had an awesome Dawnbreaker match with GAF two days back, the entire opposing team were Xmas newbies and preferred camping rooftops in groups. Easy peasy.

Also, found a hole in the ground on Silk Road where you can jump down...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151968531109272

It's 50,000 meters down to the void where you get auto killed.

Dreaver

I don't have too many friends on PSN, are there people on GAF that want to play together (conquest)? Playing together is more fun than alone (especially with GAF!).

If anyone is interest, send me a friend request/invite: Dreav3rr (I'm from EU).

Edit: PlayStation 4 it is.

i think there's even a couple of buildings ripped from BC2 in some of the maps, like zavod and rogues transmission.

They've been using the same building since at least Bad Company 1.

This one.
pIEQUlz.jpg

Its been in every single game since Bad Company 1. I don't remember if it has been in any earlier games, it may have well been. The cranes have been identical since BF2.

Jezbollah

I don't have too many friends on PSN, are there people on GAF that want to play together (conquest)? Playing together is more fun than alone (especially with GAF!).

Is there a [GAF] clan on PS4?

I would love to join and help out in all game modes :)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
They've been using the same building since at least Bad Company 1.

This one.
pIEQUlz.jpg

Its been in every single game since Bad Company 1. I don't remember if it has been in any earlier games, it may have well been. The cranes have been identical since BF2.
It's actually good production and game design.

Each building is a "gameplay zone" so being familiar with them is quite good.
I also love how zome Flags in Conquest are like 'mini maps', for instance the Island Flag in Lancang Dam.

The Map design is soooooo improved over BF3 its not even funny.

Can anyone help me with the following issue:

I bought and downloaded China rising from the dashboard (Xbox 360), but every time I try to join a China Rising server I'm prompted with a window to buy China Rising or Premium. Clicking on China rising gets me to a screen where it thinks I need to download the files, but even after doing that (it goes from 1% to 99% in about 5 seconds), I still can't play (same issue over and over).

Help, this fucking sucks. http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2979150493744956901/1/

I've tried deleting the files then downloading through the game
I've tried deleting the files then downloading through the dashboard

EDIT: this is the type of support I'm getting:

Harender: How many files do you have with the Name of China Rising?

you: 1
file size 1.3GB
Filename "China Rising"

Harender: That is a file.

you: yes
I agree that is a file
I've deleted and redownloaded it 3 times

Harender: Okay.

So, re my issue above: if any of you have the same issue, you must call or chat with EA support.

The issue is that some people aren't getting the 108kb unlock key along with the 1.27GB game files. So you have the game files, but the game won't allow you to play.

EA support must clear China Rising off your account and issue you a new key using the 25 digit codes. After that, you'll have access to the preorder files, which you can then use to re-download the game files.

Then everything works. PITA, but, EA.

Grief.exe

Or just open up notepad

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\EA Games\Battlefield 4\Xpack1]
"Installed"="True"

Save as

File Name: *.reg
Save As Type: All Files

Double click, and you are good to go.

This is what I used to play China Rising as a non-Premium member for the two week grace period.

Rainy Dog

I'll add you Dreaver. I play pretty much every evening between 7 and 11 UK time. Usually stick to conquest as well.

So I've been out of the loop for a while and also haven't been able to play BF4 for the past two weeks. Anyway, back when I had the 360 version, I had entered the China Rising DLC code so I would get it for free when it came out. Now I have the Xbox One version and it appears that the free DLC doesn't carry over and I only get the option to purchase it for $14.99... Is this normal? I thought it was supposed to carry over.

Or just open up notepad

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\EA Games\Battlefield 4\Xpack1]
"Installed"="True"

Save as

File Name: *.reg
Save As Type: All Files

Double click, and you are good to go.

This is what I used to play China Rising as a non-Premium member for the two week grace period.

360 version though, but I got it sorted.

So I've been out of the loop for a while and also haven't been able to play BF4 for the past two weeks. Anyway, back when I had the 360 version, I had entered the China Rising DLC code so I would get it for free when it came out. Now I have the Xbox One version and it appears that the free DLC doesn't carry over and I only get the option to purchase it for $14.99... Is this normal? I thought it was supposed to carry over.

the free DLC doesn't carry over. apparently EA worded their stuff with just enough leeway to not allow that...

ultron87

A bunch of my friends are having a 24 hour playing Battlefield party. So we're cramming like 8 360s into a room. It'll be mayhem. Sadly I only have a PS4 copy so I'll need to acquire a 360 copy from Gamefly or something.

I don't suppose my progression can carry to another platform through my Origin account somehow, will it? Because I hate using iron sights on newly unlocked guns sooooo much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom