• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

VariantX

Why is it that people are not dropping ammo and health packs??? I've played the game quite a bit this week and ive noticed no one seems to drop any ammo or health except on operation locker, and that's probably only so they can spam grenades down hallways. In BF3, just dropping health and ammo crates was just obligatory, now I guess with all the other class gadget options, no one seems to be interested in performing that function anymore.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Why is it that people are not dropping ammo and health packs??? I've played the game quite a bit this week and ive noticed no one seems to drop any ammo or health except on operation locker, and that's probably only so they can spam grenades down hallways. In BF3, just dropping health and ammo crates was just obligatory, now I guess with all the other class gadget options, no one seems to be interested in performing that function anymore.
You're playing with the wrong crowd. :p
In my experience it's the same as in BF3, people tend to toss out packs when they get packs tossed at them, works for me.

Shadybiz

Yeah, I haven't done any extensive looking into it myself, but it seems to me that aside from Locker, you'll find that most people are going with either Engineer or Recon. I guess the thinking is that they won't get as many points from dropping ammo or health, but really, if you stay with your squad, you should get plenty during the course of a match.

Yeah, I haven't done any extensive looking into it myself, but it seems to me that aside from Locker, you'll find that most people are going with either Engineer or Recon. I guess the thinking is that they won't get as many points from dropping ammo or health, but really, if you stay with your squad, you should get plenty during the course of a match.

Yep, most of the playerbase is an Engy with a Carbine/Recon with a Carbine/Sniper on a roof..
(Still support my idea that the Carbine tree needs to be nerfed/taken away from Engys)

I find myself CHASING people with Health/Ammo packs yelling "YOU NEED THIS, STOP!"
Hell, I throw a pack at a person before or just after I revive them...and they still..run away..rather then recouping health, they run off :/

And my squad...9 out of 10 squads I join are..
In 5 different places on the map
4 snipers on a hill
People squad hopping for a better spawn point
People running away from me when I toss out health/ammo

So frustrating :)

Ataxia

I think I liked BF3's class system better than BF4's... If only for the variety.

In assault, engineer, recon and support I'm using the same gun - the M4 (which is a total beast once you learn to compensate for the lack of auto fire). I have no real motivation to try anything else. Hell, deciding what class to use essentially comes down to what gadgets I feel like running with. My play style stays the same throughout. In BF3, depending on my class I'd be approaching situations very differently.

Milennia

I just finished ghosts on veteran and it brought up a question after platinuming BF4 a few weeks ago.

The difference between the hardest difficulties is night and day in terms of their approach.

I found the. BF4 hard mode to be more along the line of a normal mode with the occasional flank by an enemy, and the COD veteran mode to be artificial in difficulty, by which i mean enemies having auto aim and pillar humping to an extent. If they arent occupied and aiming at your ai partners, they auto aim lock onto your face, so its a slow and steady crawl until you finish (its always like this with COD but this battlefield felt different to me, which is why i bring up the subject).

I dont want the next battlefield to have an artificial top difficulty for the campaign, i would much prefer an enemy that flanks regularly.. Even rushes when it makes sense to, i honestly wouldnt mind getting knifed even. Quiet enemies for stealth sections, enemy snipers that prone etc.

Their current formula has me standing infront of enemies on the hardest sifficulty setting, and they point blank miss shots on me. I got every point trophy while playing on hard, without resetting a single time.

I do it when people are defending a point. Otherwise it's rarely worth it--even when people have the "I NEED HEALTH/AMMO" icons above their head, they just run away while I'm dropping the box. Maybe it's worth switching back to the packs instead for on-the-go resupply, since you can throw those further.

That said, when someone explicitly asks for ammo/health and I manage to see the message in chat, I'll go and do it. Those people at least seem to actually care whether they get it or not. Also anyone who tends to stay still for a period, so snipers and sometimes tank-busting engineers.

snack

Lol I spam requests in game and I never get my packs. I've learned to depend on myself in this game.

Milennia

I do it when people are defending a point. Otherwise it's rarely worth it--even when people have the "I NEED HEALTH/AMMO" icons above their head, they just run away while I'm dropping the box. Maybe it's worth switching back to the packs instead for on-the-go resupply, since you can throw those further.

That said, when someone explicitly asks for ammo/health and I manage to see the message in chat, I'll go and do it. Those people at least seem to actually care whether they get it or not. Also anyone who tends to stay still for a period, so snipers and sometimes tank-busting engineers.

It would be nice to have the chatbox on consoles, or at least just a square that shows people asking for assistance in list form.

So I bought this game around thanksgiving for PC and had nothing but problems until just the other day. I constantly got kernel driver errors and directX crashes out of no where. It turns out that BF4 does not play nice with xFire. It works fine with xfire off. Of all the things. I'm just glad I didn't have to reformat as someone suggested in this thread.

Omni

Lol I spam requests in game and I never get my packs. I've learned to depend on myself in this game.
I tend to pick up other kits when I'm low on ammo. Not worth the hassle following some support player in hopes that he'll drop one...

Only downside is that sometimes picked up kits are awful. Really, really awful. Like today. Was defending an elevator on Shanghai and picked up a recon kit because my M4 was dry. The guy actually had a 14-40x variable zoom sniper and like the first pistol you unlock (no idea what he was trying to achieve... We had complete control of the objective). And as if that wasn't bad enough, more people were coming up the elevator and my original kit had disappeared. Needless to say I died really freakin' quickly after that.

Milennia

I tend to pick up other kits when I'm low on ammo. Not worth the hassle following some support player in hopes that he'll drop one...

Only downside is that sometimes picked up kits are awful. Really, really awful. Like today. Was defending an elevator on Shanghai and picked up a recon kit because my M4 was dry. The guy actually had a 14-40x variable zoom sniper and like the first pistol you unlock (no idea what he was trying to achieve... We had complete control of the objective). And as if that wasn't bad enough, more people were coming up the elevator and my original kit had disappeared. Needless to say I died really freakin' quickly after that.

The p226 is all you really need tbh, if thats the pistol your speaking of.

Schlep

The game is swarming with CoD refugees. Give it a few weeks and they'll either drop out or learn how to play the game beyond treating conquest as deathmatch.

Omni

The p226 is all you really need tbh, if thats the pistol your speaking of.
I don't like the feel of it... Stock, anyway. I've been using the MP443 and it's much better. There probably isn't a difference, just the way I perceive it, haha.
Haven't unlocked M1911 yet, but I'm looking forward to that

Milennia

I don't like the feel of it... Stock, anyway. I've been using the MP443 and it's much better.
Haven't unlocked M1911 yet, but I'm looking forward to that

The p226, g3 and C45 and sometimes the 1911 are just good weapons.

Also the best pistols right now. Its hard to count how many times these guns have blown me away in terms of ttk. The p226 in particular.

Need some help...So I've unlocked the suppressor for my ace 23 but I can't equip it in game. It says I have 242 kills but only 190 are required to unlock the it. I can select it in battlelog but in game it loads w no attachment and it's greyed out in game if I try to select it there and idea what I should do?

Milennia

Need some help...So I've unlocked the suppressor for my ace 23 but I can't equip it in game. It says I have 242 kills but only 190 are required to unlock the it. I can select it in battlelog but in game it loads w no attachment and it's greyed out in game if I try to select it there and idea what I should do?

Default suppressor for the ACE is bugged and doesn't unlock, you need to use one of the battlepack ones.

Kampfers

Neo Member
Last night was a real shitshow. Lost all of my upgrades and weapons, as did everyone in my party (and seemingly the entire server). Battlelog was down the whole night, etc.

I usually give this stuff a pass, but how is premium event not out yet? I really don't understand this game.

I'm consistently amazed how this game finds new ways to frustrate me.

J-Roderton

Are there problems with the campaign progress not saving on 360? It will not save my spot. The only option I ever have is to start new campaign. I'm not playing through those first three missions again. Fuck that.

Acorn

I usually give this stuff a pass, but how is premium event not out yet? I really don't understand this game.

I wouldn't be as pissed if they atleast had the common sense to communicate what the hell is going on.

I'm surprised by how non communicative they continue to be about everything. They have a facebook, twitter and forum filled with deflection, ignored questions and half answers. I'm not even sure why they employ a community guy.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

Whats the 'event' a Double XP Day ?
It's not that big of a deal, what it kinda irks me is communication. (Or lack there of)

For instance theres a Battlelog post about showing off Emblems sayin' they show on weapons and vehicles and that is broken at the moment.
I wouldn't be as pissed if they atleast had the common sense to communicate what the hell is going on.

I'm surprised by how non communicative they continue to be about everything. They have a facebook, twitter and forum filled with deflection, ignored questions and half answers. I'm not even sure why they employ a community guy.
Ha! Agreed my man, agreed.

Fersis for CM 2014!

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
It's not that big of a deal, what it kinda irks me is communication. (Or lack there of)

For instance theres a Battlelog post about showing off Emblems sayin' they show on weapons and vehicles and that is broken at the moment.

Fersis for CM 2014!
It was meant to be a 3 day end of year double XP event, starting 27th up to and including 30th.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
It was meant to be a 3 day end of year double XP event, starting 27th up to and including 30th.
Oh. =/

I want moar battlepacks, im not afraid to admit it: I love battlepacks!
That thrilling sensation you get when you press X to open the battlepack, what could be inside? A Scope, a booster or maybe a godlike Camo? LOVE IT :3

Last night was a real shitshow. Lost all of my upgrades and weapons, as did everyone in my party (and seemingly the entire server). Battlelog was down the whole night, etc.

I played one round with a friend and both our loadouts had been reset to the defaults. That happened a few times with BF3 (and BC2, now that I think about it), as well. I had to close application and restart and that fixed it.

Are there problems with the campaign progress not saving on 360? It will not save my spot. The only option I ever have is to start new campaign. I'm not playing through those first three missions again. Fuck that.

It's a bug across all platforms. You should manually save to USB after every chapter.

Overdoziz

Banned
Oh. =/

I want moar battlepacks, im not afraid to admit it: I love battlepacks!
That thrilling sensation you get when you press X to open the battlepack, what could be inside? A Scope, a booster or maybe a godlike Camo? LOVE IT :3
46ms07f.png
46ms07f.png
46ms07f.png
46ms07f.png
46ms07f.png
46ms07f.png
46ms07f.png
46ms07f.png
46ms07f.png
46ms07f.png
46ms07f.png
46ms07f.png

Fersis

Need more PS4 people to play with, this endless crowd of Xmas level 10s is fun to play against but not fun to play with!
Ill be online in about 2 hours. Your time zones suck. T__T-p

Anyone else getting a crash on Tashgar (single player campaign)? After clearing the first area of enemies, the game crashes when you try to enter the 2nd area. Sorry if it's been asked already.

Fersis for CM 2014!
It is a big deal, it's money I spent purely for the events and battlepacks, which give me the boosts, which are pointless right now because of how often I get booted out of conquest before the round is over. I've wasted all my 50% boosts and now it's have shitty 25%. What did I pay for?

But yes, the communication is still terrible. Any minute now their Twitter will post "CONQUEST IS OUR FAVORITE WHATS YOURS"

This is pretty brutal. So far, the only word we've gotten about the premium event (or lack thereof) is from a random EA support rep:

There was a planned Premium event, this event, however, has yet to start. At the present time the details of this event, including what the event consists of and what players are required to do, is unavailable

This information is official.

I don't get it. Having a buggy game at launch, okay, that happens--it's not acceptable, but at least I understand how that could happen. But what the hell is going on with the complete lack of information for one of EA's biggest games of the year? It's like literally no one's at the DICE offices or something, as if everyone's taken the week off despite scheduling a premium event MONTHS in advance. Truly, utterly bizarre.

Gaz_RB

Is PSN down for anyone else or do i just need to fix my internet?

This is pretty brutal. So far, the only word we've gotten about the premium event (or lack thereof) is from a random EA support rep:

I don't get it. Having a buggy game at launch, okay, that happens--it's not acceptable, but at least I understand how that could happen. But what the hell is going on with the complete lack of information for one of EA's biggest games of the year? It's like literally no one's at the DICE offices or something, as if everyone's taken the week off despite scheduling a premium event MONTHS in advance. Truly, utterly bizarre.

I really am starting to think that there is just a shit ton of really badly managed bureaucracy over there. It seems like everything is coming out later than what is normally acceptable, and they are often too quiet when shit hits the fan.

Random musings for the PS4 community:

1) Once again, refer to the PS4 GAF listing here: http://dreamgazer.free.fr/misc/PS4.html
(no, I am not french despite of that hosting address.)

2) If you don't hear your fellow gaffers talk, it's most likely because people are in a party. You have to remember to join them.

3) Add Olimpia (predominately Conquest), Lostsupper (mostly rush/obliteration), and Dremagazer (obliteration>rush>conquest>domination>else) to be exposed to the major GAF groups.

4) Please note that Olimpia is a try hard, Lostsupper is a try hard who will unfriend you if you don't communicate, dream is a try hard who will whine about every minor thing to no end.

5) Other individuals to add:
cyborg1 - almost always on and playing something.
PKM - on frequently but usually running solo.
musashi2036 - Have separate non-gaf friends also.
dakarzero - plays between lostsupper and dream's group.

6) The other regulars are not listed simply because they don't seem to be on a daily/frequent basis. However, anyone that is active in this or the console thread are pretty much a decent add.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Random musings for the PS4 community:

1) Once again, refer to the PS4 GAF listing here: http://dreamgazer.free.fr/misc/PS4.html
(no, I am not french despite of that hosting address.)

2) If you don't hear your fellow gaffers talk, it's most likely because people are in a party. You have to remember to join them.

3) Add Olimpia (predominately Conquest), Lostsupper (mostly rush/obliteration), and Dremagazer (obliteration>rush>conquest>domination>else) to be exposed to the major GAF groups.

4) Please note that Olimpia is a try hard, Lostsupper is a try hard who will unfriend you if you don't communicate, dream is a try hard who will whine about every minor thing to no end.

5) Other individuals to add:
cyborg1 - almost always on and playing something.
PKM - on frequently but usually running solo.
musashi2036 - Have separate non-gaf friends also.
dakarzero - plays between lostsupper and dream's group.

6) The other regulars are not listed simply because they don't seem to be on a daily/frequent basis. However, anyone that is active in this or the console thread are pretty much a decent add.
Can I have my entry fixed in the sheet? My PSN ID is Tunesmith- not Tunesmith.
Cheers!

Milennia

Im pretty damn determined to get phantom prospect.

Only need 120 mbt kills QQQQQ i dont know how much silk road i can take anymore, i dont lose vs other land vehicles, i only lose to engis because im still semi unaware and dont zoom out enough.

I dont even hit mines or die to c4, getting around rpgs is the challenge atm.
No lock on detection and 27 damage is no joke. Feel like an elephant running from mice lol.

Also I'm pretty sure the event was delayed and we haven't been notified yet.
They are probably still fixing the server issue. "All updates can be found in the control room" lol... "Updates".

Milennia

Looks like Tank Superiority, Gun Master, Scavenger, Squad Rush, Fire Team Survivor, Onslaught, and Combat Mission modes will be coming.

Glad that Scavenger is coming back, really enjoyed that. Combat Mission should be good, if it's similar to MOH. If Fire Team Survivor utilizes the MOH buddy system, that could be fun. Never got Onslaught mode on PC.

Don't really care for the others. The video also mentions a "Sport" game mode but there isn't much info on it.

FFs tank superiority.. finally.

Also onslaught is kind of fun.

zma1013

Great, more gametypes nobody will play after a week.

I'm in agreement. Too many damn game modes, the majority of which are half baked and/or just broken, that also serve to split the playerbase even further.

Tank superiority in BF3 was terrible. Not enough tanks for everyone and people just sat and soflamed/javelined while the tanks spammed smoke. Every. Single. Game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom