• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milennia

A bunch of my friends are having a 24 hour playing Battlefield party. So we're cramming like 8 360s into a room. It'll be mayhem. Sadly I only have a PS4 copy so I'll need to acquire a 360 copy from Gamefly or something.

I don't suppose my progression can carry to another platform through my Origin account somehow, will it? Because I hate using iron sights on newly unlocked guns sooooo much.

Nope just PS3/360 to PS4/ONE and they have to be their respective previous platforms.

snack

I finish with a draws on Obliteration mode. Anyone else find the same thing?

Also, is there any way to detonate my C4 charges without having to select the detonator? For example, in COD you could just double tap square (on ps3) while holding your gun to detonate the charges.

My God this game is so much fun. Played all day and just stopped. I want to keep playing but must sleep.
Was also part of a great -200 point comeback. Insane game. Hardly ever see those.

HariKari

Surprised this wasn't posted yet, video that details the actual problems with lag. Make sure you watch through to the end where the detail actual, real world experience with higher pings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZyqeFwtRTk

See, the main reason DICE gave for going server side (the main culprit behind this lag nonsense) was to get rid of damage modders and cheaters

Guess what? They have FairFight for that. And it's pretty damn effective at scanning the stats for suspicious play.

Video sums up why I have always hated the gunplay in 4 and it has never felt right, even for a server side game. Going from 3 to 4 was a shock to the system.

Ataxia

I've noticed tonight that the game will get stuck on loading screens constantly. Like right now I've been waiting for Rogue Transmission to load for like 10 minutes. Xbox isn't frozen it anything, it just refuses to work

And it seems like the Australian servers have shit themselves. I can play in Asian servers just fine, but am constantly being dropped in Aus ones. Doesn't make any freaking sense

So the corrupt save problem is still affecting the PS4 version of the game, a full fucking month after launch. So over 6+ hours of my life lost. This game is quite simply shit. I will NEVER buy a Dice or Battlefield game again. Fuck 'em.

thenexus6

Just finished the campaign, I thought it was pretty good overall. Short like BF3, some nice set pieces and missions.

Going back to get collectables and do other endings.

The Stealth Fox

What's the deal with vanilla servers on PC? Are there only like 3 North American vanilla Conquest Large servers?

What's going on here? Is the server browser jacked up? Are there any alternatives to using battlelog?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
What's the deal with vanilla servers on PC? Are there only like 3 North American vanilla Conquest Large servers?

What's going on here? Is the server browser jacked up? Are there any alternatives to using battlelog?

Just looked for North American Conquest Large matches on PC and there are tons of them.. are you sure your filters are set correctly?

So the corrupt save problem is still affecting the PS4 version of the game, a full fucking month after launch. So over 6+ hours of my life lost. This game is quite simply shit. I will NEVER buy a Dice or Battlefield game again. Fuck 'em.

Yeah, this is fucking bullshit that they haven't fixed it yet. Have they even responded anything to this issue? I played the SP for ca two hours, lost the progress, and I'm not planning to touch the SP until they have fixed this.

turnbuckle

First Battlefield game, just started playing Friday night. I've never pre-purchased DLC before and don't have any familiarity with Dice's track record on them or the susceptibility of them being discounted.

Is $50 the cheapest I'd be able to get the premium pack any time in the near future? Near future being something within the next month or so. I'm not really asking for crystal balls here, just uncertain if there's a reason to or to not anticipate this being cheaper anytime soon.

Because I'm seriously considering buying it. I'm so awful, need all the help I can get. I think I had my best round yesterday after drinking a fair bit of alcohol and just running around with the M26 MASS shooting anything in my path. It's probably not a viable strategy long-term, but it felt better getting a few kills that way than getting slaughtered while flailing around with my assault rifle haha.

Only FPS I've played for a decent amount of time in the last generation were MW1&2. This game feels completely different, and I like it. I'm just not used to it...just jumping into a game without reading anything or having any prior experience and it's kind of overwhelming. I'm not complaining though, it feels like practice and experience will be more useful in this than in Modern Warfare.

I'm on the PS4 version. I know there have been a lot of bugs (that's an understatement) but I've yet to experience any issues thus far. I played a few rounds of conquest and had no idea wtf I was doing, but it was a blast. Beautiful game.

Also - if anyone wants to add me, my PSN is Turnbuckle47
I'll probably stick with team deathmatch for awhile as I try to get more comfortable with the game. Add me at your own risk, because, like I said, I'm terrible at this game. :)

Rey

First Battlefield game, just started playing Friday night. I've never pre-purchased DLC before and don't have any familiarity with Dice's track record on them or the susceptibility of them being discounted.

Is $50 the cheapest I'd be able to get the premium pack any time in the near future? Near future being something within the next month or so. I'm not really asking for crystal balls here, just uncertain if there's a reason to or to not anticipate this being cheaper anytime soon.

Because I'm seriously considering buying it. I'm so awful, need all the help I can get. I think I had my best round yesterday after drinking a fair bit of alcohol and just running around with the M26 MASS shooting anything in my path. It's probably not a viable strategy long-term, but it felt better getting a few kills that way than getting slaughtered while flailing around with my assault rifle haha.

Only FPS I've played for a decent amount of time in the last generation were MW1&2. This game feels completely different, and I like it. I'm just not used to it...just jumping into a game without reading anything or having any prior experience and it's kind of overwhelming. I'm not complaining though, it feels like practice and experience will be more useful in this than in Modern Warfare.

I'm on the PS4 version. I know there have been a lot of bugs (that's an understatement) but I've yet to experience any issues thus far. I played a few rounds of conquest and had no idea wtf I was doing, but it was a blast. Beautiful game.

Also - if anyone wants to add me, my PSN is Turnbuckle47
I'll probably stick with team deathmatch for awhile as I try to get more comfortable with the game. Add me at your own risk, because, like I said, I'm terrible at this game. :)

I'll add you. I like taking risks ;-)

Glad you are enjoying the game. It will take some time to get into the game but its worth it.

M.W.

I realized the other day I never got a code for the DLC. I digitally pre ordered on PS3 and upgraded to the PS4 version. I contacted EA support via chat, but the dude said he couldn't do anything for me since I purchased it through a third party. WTF. Anyone else have an issue like this? EA customer service sucks. I'm waiting to chat to another rep soon.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I realized the other day I never got a code for the DLC. I digitally pre ordered on PS3 and upgraded to the PS4 version. I contacted EA support via chat, but the dude said he couldn't do anything for me since I purchased it through a third party. WTF. Anyone else have an issue like this? EA customer service sucks. I'm waiting to chat to another rep soon.
Sounds like a code Sony should have provided you with, have you checked with Sony's CS?
That said, PS3 China Rising doesn't carry across to PS4 regardless when upgrading. Only BF4 stats and Premium (if you have it) carries across.

Hey folks, heard about all the problems. Would you say the crashing and lag has stopped as far as the PS3 version goes?

Or is it better to just pick up Battlefield 3 + Premium if I want to play some Battlefield?

Facism

i remember when Return to Karkand came out. I didn't touch the stock maps for nearly 6 months.

China Rising? 3 boring fucking maps and Guilin Peaks.

Kak.efes

None of the PS3 guys I played with seem to give a shit anymore on the PS4. It was nice knowing whenever I'd log on I'd see one or several people playing BF3. That's not the case anymore with BF4.

All the issues notwithstanding, this game has just failed to hold peoples attention like BF3 did.

Schlep

For those having problems with the SP, I was able to finish it no issue on the second or third day after release by logging out of PSN before launching the game and staying offline until I closed it. Maybe it was just luck, but that might be worth a try.

None of the PS3 guys I played with seem to give a shit anymore on the PS4. It was nice knowing whenever I'd log on I'd see one or several people playing BF3. That's not the case anymore with BF4.

All the issues notwithstanding, this game has just failed to hold peoples attention like BF3 did.

i play! just been busier than usual... and i see groups of people on at varying times.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

Dunno man, theres always people playing BF4 on my PSN Friend List :3

I'm gonna send out some request on PS4 tonight or tomorrow off of Dreamgazers console list.

Downside is I can't use my mic all the time since my wife sleeps in the other room :/
I can listen and use camo-rose tho, and can pretty much "follow" the lead/heal/supply/fix when needed.

Send me an invite anyone looking to play, names PKM.

I notice a Mr.Terrigood sent an invite last night I missed, if your on here I'm sorry!

Overdoziz

Banned
I haven't heard one guy talk on ps4 version. What the fuck man.
I turned off VOIP entirely. I only play while being in parties and it's annoying when I can still hear people in the game. Especially considering you have to remute them every time a new match starts.

Milennia

We should be getting an announcement on what the premium event today is soon.

If its double XP I'm going HAM today so i can hit 110 finally by tmro.

Bollocks

There should really be a penalty for people who bail out of a rush game.
First base got destroyed, oh no let me exit we are not steamrolling the other team, we have to actually put up a fight.

Milennia

There should really be a penalty for people who bail out of a rush game.
First base got destroyed, oh no let me exit we are not steamrolling the other team, we have to actually put up a fight.

I like the halo 3 deal.,, if you leave, you lose XP and can get deleveled.
I know some people have no choice but to leave, however it wont significantly punish you for a once in a while offense,, repeat offenders get deleveled.

Omni

Last two nights have been awful. I have no idea what's changed, but I'm freezing and being disconnected all over the place. I can't even play on Rogue Transmission any more - it just stays on the loading screen until the next map comes up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom