• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Tank Superiority, Gun Master, Scavenger, Squad Rush, Fire Team Survivor, Onslaught, and Combat Mission modes will be coming.

Glad that Scavenger is coming back, really enjoyed that. Combat Mission should be good, if it's similar to MOH. If Fire Team Survivor utilizes the MOH buddy system, that could be fun. Never got Onslaught mode on PC.

Don't really care for the others. The video also mentions a "Sport" game mode but there isn't much info on it.

Gun Master!!! the mode i fucking despised until i played it enough to get the medals and started to like it...

Happy to say I got first place on my team 3 times on the winning side out of my last dozen games. Not bad for someone in his 40s and plays as a lone wolf a lot of the time. Just really starting to click where I'm needed with each spawn. Coming from COD I really sucked at this at first too.
Conquest on PS4.
=)

My PS4 campaign crashed and corrupted my data almost 5 hours into it. Was playing on hard and getting all collectables. How the fuck is this still broken??????

Great, more gametypes nobody will play after a week.
It wouldn't be so bad, but no one wants to be stuck on only 4 maps to be able to play one game mode.

PS4 GAF rolling at least 15 deep? smh...
aww-yea-meme-original.jpg

Edit:
Had some gaf vs gaf action after you left
GAF won

Bollocks

Claymores are fucking useless.
Unlocked them and used them all evening, not one single kill/point.
But to be fair I only got killed by 1 claymore so far in my 40h of playing Battlefield.
They need a buff.

Milennia

But to be fair I only got killed by 1 claymore so far in my 40h of playing Battlefield.
They need a buff.

You cant buff a claymore, if they hit something its dead.
Placing them in spots someone will get hit is all there is to it.

They don't do shit otherwise, and there are infinitely better options.

They need a buff.

Use them in areas of limited visibility, limited route choice, tight corners or slope.
examples:
the middle section of any staircase where the player would have to make a 180 degree turn {ex:dam map.)

any linear route where a player will have limited route options (locker, close the gates, so you force people to take the stairs.)

Any 2 step stairs that people might step down into while concealing the Claymore from their line of sight.

Milennia

I didn't.

Can someone tell me which gun is generally considered best for each class? By best, I mean short to medium range, with the ability to pick someone off at range if you're stationary and bursting. I primarily used the AEK, F2000, and AUG in BF3.

I cant speak for support.

Assault- l85/ACE23
Recon- specific would be SRR, non specific would be AK5c/ACE 52
Engineer- specific would be imo (I'm fuzzy on symthic PDW stats) UMP45/P90
Non specific would be AK5c/ACE52

For close range specific theres, MTAR/FAMAS/AEK

If you have an xbox one, the F2000 outclasses the l85 and the VSS outclasses the UMP.

Random musings for the PS4 community:

1) Once again, refer to the PS4 GAF listing here: http://dreamgazer.free.fr/misc/PS4.html
(no, I am not french despite of that hosting address.)

2) If you don't hear your fellow gaffers talk, it's most likely because people are in a party. You have to remember to join them.

3) Add Olimpia (predominately Conquest), Lostsupper (mostly rush/obliteration), and Dremagazer (obliteration>rush>conquest>domination>else) to be exposed to the major GAF groups.

4) Please note that Olimpia is a try hard, Lostsupper is a try hard who will unfriend you if you don't communicate, dream is a try hard who will whine about every minor thing to no end.

5) Other individuals to add:
cyborg1 - almost always on and playing something.
PKM - on frequently but usually running solo.
musashi2036 - Have separate non-gaf friends also.
dakarzero - plays between lostsupper and dream's group.

6) The other regulars are not listed simply because they don't seem to be on a daily/frequent basis. However, anyone that is active in this or the console thread are pretty much a decent add.

thanks for the post. I went down the list and added as many as I could. it's nice to finally see more than one person on my friends list playing BF4

Divus

Was having so much fun playing BF4 last night until someone joined.

I was doing well leading the team most games and then this guy started to match or beat me. No big deal he probably was good. At first we were on the same team half the time and when he was against I'd kill him once or twice and he would get me a couple times but no one else would kill him. Again figured he was just good. Then later he started to border on godlike and game after game we lost.

Checked out several of the games afterwords and his accuracy... MTAR 1 round 30%, mobile AA 31%, and Little Bird 100% accuracy.

How long do mines stick around for and if you place more after a respawn do the original ones disappear?
I'll get kills well after dying and what seems like 3-5 minutes.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Random musings for the PS4 community:

1) Once again, refer to the PS4 GAF listing here: http://dreamgazer.free.fr/misc/PS4.html
(no, I am not french despite of that hosting address.)

2) If you don't hear your fellow gaffers talk, it's most likely because people are in a party. You have to remember to join them.

3) Add Olimpia (predominately Conquest), Lostsupper (mostly rush/obliteration), and Dremagazer (obliteration>rush>conquest>domination>else) to be exposed to the major GAF groups.

4) Please note that Olimpia is a try hard, Lostsupper is a try hard who will unfriend you if you don't communicate, dream is a try hard who will whine about every minor thing to no end.

5) Other individuals to add:
cyborg1 - almost always on and playing something.
PKM - on frequently but usually running solo.
musashi2036 - Have separate non-gaf friends also.
dakarzero - plays between lostsupper and dream's group.

6) The other regulars are not listed simply because they don't seem to be on a daily/frequent basis. However, anyone that is active in this or the console thread are pretty much a decent add.
I play every night! >__<
Fersis_4 on PS4!

terrible

Banned
You cant buff a claymore, if they hit something its dead.
Placing them in spots someone will get hit is all there is to it.

They don't do shit otherwise, and there are infinitely better options.

They could at least make them so they blow up when people walk over them. Put them too close to literally anything (door, ledge, stairs, wall, etc) and they just don't work most of the time. If I climb a ladder and there's a claymore right there I just keep going because I know it's not going to blow up when I go over it.

With that said I don't want to die from claymores so I'm cool with how it works now. They are half broken though.

zma1013

How long do mines stick around for and if you place more after a respawn do the original ones disappear?
I'll get kills well after dying and what seems like 3-5 minutes.

Mines won't disappear until you start throwing down more than you're allowed. By default, you can only have 3 mines out at any given time. Throw anymore than that and the oldest one thrown will despawn. You can increase the amount you can lay down by using the Anti-Tank squad perk for the Engineer class. When you gain enough squad points to reach level 3 on this perk, it increases your limit to 6 total mines out at any given time.

Mines won't disappear until you start throwing down more than you're allowed. By default, you can only have 3 mines out at any given time. Throw anymore than that and the oldest one thrown will despawn. You can increase the amount you can lay down by using the Anti-Tank squad perk for the Engineer class. When you gain enough squad points to reach level 3 on this perk, it increases your limit to 6 total mines out at any given time.

Claymore disappear, however, correct? And do mines disappear if you change classes? If not, I would always start out as engineer, lay a few, and then continue playing as support.

zma1013

Claymore disappear, however, correct? And do mines disappear if you change classes? If not, I would always start out as engineer, lay a few, and then continue playing as support.

I'm fairly certain claymores do not disappear when you die.

I don't think mines disappear if you switch classes, but I'm not 100% certain. I think I've gotten mine kills when I switch classes.

no.

and we've had 8+ several times earlier this year on 360 BF3

15 > 12
360 GAF know how to represent.

I'm fairly certain claymores do not disappear when you die.

I don't think mines disappear if you switch classes, but I'm not 100% certain. I think I've gotten mine kills when I switch classes.
I can't figure out how claymores work – I've been wanting to ask. They don't disappear when you die, but they definitely disappear after a while without me getting a kill or hit marker. I'm talking in places where I'm pretty sure weren't traveled/grenaded. I wonder if they disappear if you die twice or something.

zma1013

I can't figure out how claymores work – I've been wanting to ask. They don't disappear when you die, but they definitely disappear after a while without me getting a kill or hit marker. I'm talking in places where I'm pretty sure weren't traveled/grenaded. I wonder if they disappear if you die twice or something.

People can shoot them or grenade them. That's the most likely thing that has happened if you don't see a kill or notice a hit marker.

Man, I keep trying to complete this campaign if only because its there, and its damn nice looking, and I like the idea of collecting weapons and then replaying certain encounters with a different loadout.

But I can't imagine DICE ever tried playing through their own game. Take Singapore where you start with a tank and half to face half a dozen of the same along with squads of infantry spec-ops and engineers here and there. I died from an enemy tank that literally popped into existence 25 yards ahead of me and got a shot off that finished off my own already damage tank. Once I reloaded the checkpoint there I was with my damaged tank one shot from death, with 3 tanks still to face, all of which would spring magically into existence and pointing directly at me as soon as I passed the magic trigger volume.

Not being able to use my own tank (one hit from death) and only having an empty APC on the field (one hit puts it into critical) I figured I'd grab some anti-tank weapons off the infantry squads that are about and look for resupply. This was doable and before too long I was laden with anti-tank weaponry: Lower damage but sustained-lock-on capable weapons and high damage dumb-fire ones.

Now I'd love to watch somebody from DICE play through this campaign scenario and try to hit an enemy tank from the rear with one of these dumb-fire rockets. Its not going to happen since the enemy AI always knows where you are if you've got a pixel exposed and are within range, and the AI ONLY cares about you, even if your allies are right in their faces making loud noises with their weapons.

You can cheese the game and shrug off a few direct hits from the tank's main weapon and use an (indestructible) discarded vehicle for cover, and just make it through while cursing how fucking stupid the game is, but then there's just more to come.

I get to the hangar, survey all the enemies, tell the squad to engage with targets on my left while I drop the bipod with my LMG and engage the targets in the right and mid - of course that does nothing since my allies can't shoot for shit and every enemy in the hangar is shooting directly for and me so being attached to a bipod is a death sentence.

I honestly don't know what the hell DICE is thinking with these campaigns. Fighting dumb as nails enemy AI while carrying around dumb as nails allied AI (that yells at you to move up) in scenarios that are broken from the get-go is just thoroughly fucking dumb on every level.

Sorry, but I had to get that out. The amount of time and effort and money that must go into these things... its just crazy that they're so substandard and broken.

burnfout

Nerf the fucking AA vehicles fuckkkkkkk, guy went 12-0 camping in the spawn on langdam dam.

They have no business being in this game.

RaptorGTA

Nerf the fucking AA vehicles fuckkkkkkk, guy went 12-0 camping in the spawn on langdam dam.

They have no business being in this game.

Yea, I agree. I think they need some sort of range neft..if thats even possible. I mean I think an AA tank should wipe out a heli or plane..but..yea..Ive seen to many people camp in their base and just rack up kills.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
360 GAF know how to represent.

Are you sure you didn't drop another one? Dropping another claymore makes the first one disappear.

Active Radar is basically a hack in this game. I'm surprised more people don't use it, cause every time I'm in one, there's no air space for the other team.

And the Stealth Jet is so useless, what's the point of it really? It gets out maneuvered by the big ass Attack Jets, which makes no sense at all.

Did anyone ever encounter an issue with crashes and joining friends game? Erverytime I join my friends game, my game tend to crash right before the end of the round. However I only had 3-4 crashes within 60ish hours playing by myself.

Higher: more ping.

I hate getting eu servers.
I get the idea but I don't believe it. Right now all the servers in my browser show as five bars. Every conquest, domination, obliteration and team deathmatch on the west coast. These are the filters I always use and I'm not getting solid games every time. Its just isn't so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom