• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milennia

I get the idea but I don't believe it. Right now all the servers in my browser show as five bars. Every conquest, domination, obliteration and team deathmatch on the west coast. These are the filters I always use and I'm not getting solid games every time. Its just isn't so.

Thats the way they describe it, same deal for league of legends.

I have a load of 5-1 bar servers and it varies.
I can join two 5 bar servers and have a different experience.

Milennia

Ok so I try to watch it, the video starts spazzing out, the resolution changes automatically through every single resolution, then it sticks on 4K and I can't change it and there's no sound. WTF is happening? Oh and now it's broken.

No clue, works fine for me, but i watched it on mobile.

Aaaand lost my campaign data, again, and without even a crash before hand to make me think it was possible. Bringing back down my save file from the cloud didn't help either.

What the fuck is with this game?

Are you sure you didn't drop another one? Dropping another claymore makes the first one disappear.

If you use the Perimeter Defense field upgrade for Support, you can put down 3 claymores at a time. Claymores, like mines, are a nice lazy way to get an easy kill. Put them in doorways behind you, along common routes, below ladders, etc. I think they're not as powerful as in BF3, and they have 3 pretty obvious wires coming out of them, but they'll still catch the occasional kill.

I miss the way BC2 handled unlocks. Let me unlock a scope that I can put on any gun. EA always seems to think making things hard to unlock, be it guns, cars, or characters, gives their game longevity. The people who play BF for years will do so regardless. I find myself sticking with one gun just because I have the scope I like unlocked.

They still haven't fixed that???o_O

They claim the fix for that is out. Then again, they claim a few things.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065670203355766/

There's some on that list I'm willing to forgive as inevitable growing pains and unforeseeable circumstance, but there's also a lot that was (or should have been) caught in QA. That they made it into the retail version is testament of a rushed and broken game.

And yet, it's so. damn. fun. Imagine the joy to play a perfect working version of this game. I doubt we'll ever see it.

Omni

So ever since Christmas maps aren't loading for me... except when I choose a different region. I'm Australian and I can't play on Australian servers because the map loading screen just stays up forever.

If I switch to Asian servers or something, it works flawlessly.

Anyone know what's up?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I'm still getting a high amount of soft crashes. This is on the PS4 version of the game. I used to get hard crashes every 2 out of 3 games, not kidding. I only get one every now and then which is great, because crashing in the middle of a great game sucks. The soft crashes started to appear heavily after the patch that fixed the hard crashes. The soft crashes happen when a game is loading. The game just stays at the loading screen with the lines moving on the top right. Usually the greatest indicator that it crashed is ambient noises that start playing through the speakers. The only way to start a game is to hold in the playstation button and close the BF4 application.

Spookie

There's some on that list I'm willing to forgive as inevitable growing pains and unforeseeable circumstance, but there's also a lot that was (or should have been) caught in QA. That they made it into the retail version is testament of a rushed and broken game.

You can bet it was caught by QA but shipped anyway because some producer felt the pressure from up high who thought they could get away with it.

TheContact

Anyone else get a "ERROR - Game disconnected: could not join server" message most times they try to connect to a game? I get it most of the time, it's really annoying

How do I make sure my filters are set correctly for BF4 PC? I only have a couple of north american conquest servers on vanilla.

In the website client go to Server Browser then look down a little for the magnifying search glass and next to it letters saying SEARCH FOR SERVERS. Click that bar to toggle filter visibility.

Is anyone else having trouble connecting on PC? I can use battlelog, but when I try to connect it tells me EA Online is not available. I've logged out and back in, closed my browers, etc.

Trojita

Friday-Sunday I'll be playing a lot on PS4. I'll be sending out friend requests and can't wait to play with some gaffers. I play mostly conquest and team deathmatch. I'd be open to try the other game types.

I'd been letting my brother play my copy while I was home on vacation. He got really good with the LMG's, preferring them over the Assault Rifles and Carbines. I'd have to agree since he did really good once he started using them.

So happy to hear the january mantle news. I'm ready to plunge into bf4 but I want to wait for mantle to see if I can crack up my SSAA and still maintain 60 fps.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Lost my saved data because of a random crash just right when it was saving. Thank goodness I saved beforehand to the cloud. Still lost 2 missions.

FFS, Dice, playtest your fucking games or people won't buy them.

Alienous

For PS4

I've utterly cracked this game.

I just needed to master the shooting game. Tips for anyone struggling:

• You need to know, and abide by, your effective ranges.
  • If you want to take out a long range target, switching to single shot or semi-automatic firing modes allows you to stay competitive.
  • Burst-firing is important for mid-long rang targets.
  • I feel like the perfect sensitivity for all engagements is 33.
  • Grips are important, but if you don't have one, remember to push against recoil by trying to look down whilst firing. This keeps your bullets level.
  • If you are still struggling with accuracy, stand still. Having played a lot of Call of Duty, I completely neglected the fact that there is a penalty for moving while shooting. If you see a target, stop, take them down, then move. In 1-on-1 fights, this is imperative.

At about the 20 hour mark I started to realize the tactics I was employing, and I started to consistently top the leaderboards.

For PS4

I've utterly cracked this game.

I just needed to master the shooting game. Tips for anyone struggling:

• You need to know, and abide by, your effective ranges.
  • If you want to take out a long range target, switching to single shot or semi-automatic firing modes allows you to stay competitive.
  • Burst-firing is important for mid-long rang targets.
  • I feel like the perfect sensitivity for all engagements is 33.
  • Grips are important, but if you don't have one, remember to push against recoil by trying to look down whilst firing. This keeps your bullets level.
  • If you are still struggling with accuracy, stand still. Having played a lot of Call of Duty, I completely neglected the fact that there is a penalty for moving while shooting. If you see a target, stop, take them down, then move. In 1-on-1 fights, this is imperative.

At about the 20 hour mark I started to realize the tactics I was employing, and I started to consistently top the leaderboards.

don't you also loose accuracy if you start shooting before ADS?

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065222472680751/

Milennia

don't you also loose accuracy if you start shooting before ADS?

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065222472680751/

Yes, its a bug and you need to recast in order to fix it.

Or just use ergo/straight like the pros are doing at this point to avoid the issue, also reccomended by symthic.
You can control recoil without burst settings or single shot.. Those modes are for a learning curve, you can tap fire any AR and do well. (I actually recommend single shot for the 52 carbine as its damage is stupid high)
You can also control recoil whilst moving, without an ergo. Each gun is different, the type of gun isn't. You can get used to a gun type, and control recoil without barrel/grip attachments. Most top players don't even use barrel attactchments due to negatives, they also don't use laser/light.

Grinchy

Banned
I decided to start up the single player. This happened in the first few minutes as I was just looking around at stuff:

bf428ju6j.gif

I've only completed the first couple missions so far, but three different times, there was an enemy stuck somewhere that I had to find so I could complete a wave and progress the game. All that said, I'm actually kinda liking it so far. It's mindless killing but I have to admit that the presentation is pretty nice. I got about 20 minutes into BF3's campaign before giving up and never coming back to it, but I just might actually finish BF4.

I decided to start up the single player. This happened in the first few minutes as I was just looking around at stuff:

bf428ju6j.gif
Happened to me on the third mission. Was walking through a lower deck in an aircraft carrier when I fell through the ground and the ocean, and kept free falling for 80,000 meters before I closed the game ;P

This game, man. This game.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wow, they didn't fix the terrain clipping "glitch" in single-player? Though, to be fair, it's still there last time I played in multiplayer despite DICE saying they "fixed it." :/

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Quite a bit of my friends are having major issues on the Xbox One (pushed to Home, missing XP, ranks being reset, losing all progression really)

Is it the same for, well, every other platform?
I've played quite a few hours through my roomies console and have only crashed to the playstation home once. Aside from that, quickmatching putting me in the wrong gametypes seems to be the only true issue.

Gaz_RB

Quite a bit of my friends are having major issues on the Xbox One (pushed to Home, missing XP, ranks being reset, losing all progression really)

Is it the same for, well, every other platform?
I've played quite a few hours through my roomies console and have only crashed to the playstation home once. Aside from that, quickmatching putting me in the wrong gametypes seems to be the only true issue.

They're all kind of equally fucked in their own unique ways.

Omni

There's a guy that plays this game regularly that is like the anti-randomrosso.

Whenever he's in a game with me, he somehow manages to get a nemesis streak. It's happened like three times now. I'm a guy with a 2.6 k/d and rising, and yet I struggle to get even whenever we're up against each other. He just magically pops the fuck up when I least suspect it.. Most times behind me. Definitely must be squad up with someone who likes to spot.

Last match I went 19-14. He killed me 9 times to my once. Really can't handle it.

Trojita

Did someone else friend request me yesterday? I accepted the friend request but couldn't find the person on my friends list afterwards.

zma1013

So I never see anyone ever in the Neogaf server. Does everyone just play on other servers? Also, where can I find the info for mumble?

Chocobro

I bought BF4 PC a few days ago and since then I haven't encountered any problems. I completed the campaign without a problem; pretty enjoyable campaign. I logged about 9H into the multiplayer. It's probably a bad idea to play BF4 when I'm still getting used to KB/M, I keep getting pooped on :(

Slair

Been playing on the PS4 for a few weeks, i like the multi for the most part. When it's good it's pretty great but when it's bad it's frustrating as fuck. For the past few days especially 1 in 3 games consists of being on the winning team, the other team is getting shit on. Then when half their tickets are left we lose every point, most of the points are flashing simultaneously, you attack the point they control but is solid red, they throw enough people back at that point to defend it while still capturing every other point. Then my team cant capture any more than a single point for the rest of the game, if they do capture a point it is instantly taken back. I don't understand what the fuck is going on? I've never played a console battlefield before, but played battlefield since 1942 on pc. Are average console players just fucking terrible and don't give a shit about actually capping or defending or am i missing something?

Best bug I've had happened yesterday..

Swam to C base on L. Dam map..

Got out the water...game still had my audio as "underwater muffled"
I think ok this sucks but keep playing. Nab some kills, then when I die bubbles fly out of me lol

Milennia

I think ok this sucks but keep playing. Nab some kills, then when I die bubbles fly out of me lol

I have had it sit on suppressed audio and visuals... Whole match was saving private ryan.

Hoping premium reaches that magical 30$ price point soon.

What all is your choice for LMG, close, mid and long range? Want to start ranking up support when I start playing. I saw you can unlock one of the better LMG's through singleplayer.

Lolol you just reminded me of that one time I was playing in Flood Zone. I was swimming around frenetically and came out of the water with the screen swaying back and forth like a drunk stuck in a freestyle swim perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom