• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Watch them mess with 2XP to where I can't get my Carbine/Shotgun/Pistol unlocks done in the two days. :/ And DICE won't extend it in response to another week. :/

DarkFlow

Banned
You would think these kids would learn after what happened to LuLzSec. They always think they are safe and sound, and then the Feds track them down.

rbanke

So will the standard (PS4) servers eventually get China rising maps in their rotations? Id like to play all the maps not either or. Just wondering if they typically rolled the map packs into the regular servers in previous games.

So will the standard (PS4) servers eventually get China rising maps in their rotations? Id like to play all the maps not either or. Just wondering if they typically rolled the map packs into the regular servers in previous games.

they did on some servers but not all. think about the people that don't have premium...

rbanke

they did on some servers but not all. think about the people that don't have premium...

Oh I don't expect all of them to get the map packs, but maybe the ones that are currently china rising only could get the standard ones or even just a few official ones. Just kind of curious what their track record with this has been.

Hey guys Ive played about 70 hours of BF4 on PC.

A few friends just got the game for PS4.

Can I login to the PS4 version of BF4 with my account I've been using on PC?
Or do I have to start from the beginning?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
No idea why I expected it to be any different but hopped onto a Second Assault server today and oh my god Metro is still utter wank. Just a frustrating experience which serves no purpose other than grinding heals/resupplies/revives.

Give me a Bad Company 2 map pack and let me play Arica Harbour all day long pls

BC2 maps wouldn't play the same with all the lock-on bullshit in this game now...

TheSeks

Well, nearly to the SPAS-12 when DDOS/lag reared its ugly head. Can't play with random stuterring and slideshows.

Good thing I have work in a few hours I guess? *mumble grumble* Maybe when I get back the Derptards will stop DDOSing and let people enjoy things they want to enjoy?

terrible

Banned
I miss my AN-94, possibly my favourite gun in gaming history :*) Would pay 20 quid in a heartbeat for a faithful BC2 mode.

Wasn't it eventually nerfed pretty badly? I don't even remember because I quit playing pretty quickly. I wasn't a fan of the BC games online. They were good games by themselves but they were really bad Battlefield games imo.

Wasn't it eventually nerfed pretty badly? I don't even remember because I quit playing pretty quickly. I wasn't a fan of the BC games online. They were good games by themselves but they were really bad Battlefield games imo.
Yeah, I think they did nerf it but i kept using that bad boy anyway because it felt perfect for me. Didn't care how much damage it did, it was that rare moment in shooters where a gun just clicked for me, AN-94 + ACOG 4 LYFE.

I bought bc2 a couple of months late buy i was lucky in that we had a regular crew who played BC2 pretty much until the day BF3 came out. Good times...

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I've come to a realization. My Panasonic Plasma is not fit for playing competively. When I was visiting my parents and playing on a 8 year old 50" Samsung LCD further away from the couches, I was always going to positive.

I come home to play on my Panasonic 65" VT60 9 or 8 feet away from my couch and I suck at playing. I think it is partially how big the thing is encompassing my view, the great video processing which actually makes it harder to make out enemies, and possibly the way motion works.

I was wondering why I was doing so much better when I was visiting my parents over Christmas.

TheSeks

They "nerfed" it but it still had rock solid accuracy.

Whereas BF3's variant spit bullets everywhere as a "FUCK YOU" to all the BC2 players from DICE. :/

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Is the battlefield twitter account for reals? Their last tweet:
Battlefield ‏@Battlefield 18min
The beauty of Paracel Storm as seen by oDiNYGG_

Not a single word about the state of the game or the DDoS attack.

terrible

Banned
They "nerfed" it but it still had rock solid accuracy.

Whereas BF3's variant spit bullets everywhere as a "FUCK YOU" to all the BC2 players from DICE. :/

The AN-94 is still good at medium to long range in BF3 I'd say. It's kind of pointless when better overall guns like the M16 exist though.

TheSeks

Just give us a free map pack from BC2 or BF3 (to make it easy) to gloss over the launch, and continuing, issues with the game.

No thanks. I'll take BC2 maps and gameplay with the only addition being Stinger/IGLA and flares/ECM for the helicopters.

Because really, my only major complaint/whining in BC2 besides the SO BROKEN destruction (which goes both ways, really) is the helicopters and having to RPG-7 snipe/AT4-snipe them instead of having a "sure-fire" way of actually attempting to swat them out of the sky.

The AN-94 is still good at medium to long range in BF3 I'd say. It's kind of pointless when better overall guns like the M16 exist though.

NOPE.avi.dll.exe.rar.zip

AN-94 is pure hot flaming trash in BF3. Other assault rifles shit all over it and it's MAIN SELLING FEATURE (two bullet "burst" that is the reason the gun is designed IIRC) is laughable against other guns. Semi/Burst/Auto doesn't matter, it's outclassed because it's spread and damage is just poor because DICE nerfed it into the ground.

Oddly enough this outing they didn't nerf the AEK which was already damn good in BF3.

Is the battlefield twitter account for reals? Their last tweet:

Not a single word about the state of the game or the DDoS attack.

BF's Twitter/Facebook is a social media manager, not DICE. But it must be really bad if you're starting to turn on DICE, Fersis.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
BF's Twitter/Facebook is a social media manager, not DICE. But it must be really bad if you're starting to turn on DICE, Fersis.
Lolz im not turing on them.
When it works is godly but as a product/service the current state is quite disappointing.

So the Twitter Account is not handled by DICE themselves? Thats pretty lame.

Grinchy

Banned
This is what annoys me about this game's campaign from a design perspective. Let's say you just spent 10 minutes clearing out Wave #252 all methodically. You look ahead and there is no one. But, since you ran forward and hit the invisible trigger, Wave #253 has suddenly spawned. I'm on that snow level, and I clear everyone out. I'm running up this ramp when a new wave spawns and I have literally nowhere to go.

I immediately hit the deck and start shooting the bad guys through the rails, but the collision detection sucks and every bullet gets magically blocked, but they're able to shoot at me. Fine, I'm dead. No big deal. But then they don't start me back at Wave #253. They put me back at Wave #252 and force me to go through it all over again because of something that I couldn't have seen coming no matter what.

Ok. I'm a guy of average intelligence. I can dress myself and hold down a good job. That said:

HOW TF do you connect to a game?

I hit quick match and no servers.

I go to the server list and hit A and 90% of them ask me to buy DLC.

The ones where I do connect I'm the only player.

Both times I've tried (one time yesterday and one time today) I've gotten nowhere.

Is the DDOS still going on?

Please help.

Fersis

Ok. I'm a guy of average intelligence. I can dress myself and hold down a good job. That said:

HOW TF do you connect to a game?

I hit quick match and no servers.

I go to the server list and hit A and 90% of them ask me to buy DLC.

The ones where I do connect I'm the only player.

Both times I've tried (one time yesterday and one time today) I've gotten nowhere.

Is the DDOS still going on?

Please help.
I think so.

While the in Game Server Browser is still broken on PS4 (Cant find conquest matches) it works.
If you cant find any game at all, it must be the DDoS attack.

I say 'It Must be' cuz we havent had a single word from EA/DICE.
They definitely have to upgrade their PR/Marketing/Community Team.

I think so.

While the in Game Server Browser is still broken on PS4 (Cant find conquest matches) it works.
If you cant find any game at all, it must be the DDoS attack.

I say 'It Must be' cuz we havent had a single word from EA/DICE.
They definitely have to upgrade their PR/Marketing/Community Team.

The in game browser is a tad light on search options compared to the battlelog version but it works fine. The problem you have there is that I don't think there are any conquest games to find as there are no servers (32 player). Make that conquest large and you will find loads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom