• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
BTW the last time i played i got Sync'd Deaths and one hit kills.
It must be lag related.

Battlefield 4: Bugs Explained - OHK, Trading, Missing Hit Markers

I was nodding my head the entire video agreeing with this guy; Game is still frustrating to play three whole months later. I know it was the holidays the past two weeks but DICE needs to tell us this stuff because it's been two weeks of no info from the Control Room, "my one stop for the latest intel on their support on the game".
Yeah whats up with that? I mean the game at least is playable now but it has glitches/bugs all over the place.

Yo PS4 crew, I'm sort of sick right now and can't deal with mp with a nauseous headache.

Going to be playing warframe till I get better.

Wasp

WARNING: Do not play the Campaign mode in this game on PS4.

Okay so on New Years Eve I play the first two levels of the Campaign mode on Hard mode, collecting every dogtag and hidden weapon and beating the Gold score too.

Then New Years Day I turn the game on to discover I've lost all my progress, I've been hit by the infamous Campaign deleting bug. Nevertheless I spent several hours playing the first three levels of Campaign mode on Hard, once again getting every collectible in these levels and beat the Gold score again. I didn't want to lose my progress yet again so I backed up my save file to the cloud immediately after playing.

This morning I turn the game on and select Campaign. Once again the only option is to start a new game. No biggie I think, I'll just download my save file from the cloud to my HDD. I do that and try again. Still my only option is to start a new game from scratch.

I give up with this broken piece of shit.

I'm absolutely fucking furious about wasting my time and effort playing this defective game for the last two days. It's a disgrace that this game has been on sale for 50 days now on PS4 and this widespread issue still hasn't been patched. If EA weren't such greedy bastards they would compensate customers.

Grinchy

Banned
That is not good to read. I thought they must have fixed the SP deletion glitch by now. How many months are they gonna let that one go? I was actually about to comment on how I'm kind of enjoying the SP so far.

snack

WARNING: Do not play the Campaign mode in this game on PS4.

Okay so on New Years Eve I play the first two levels of the Campaign mode on Hard mode, collecting every dogtag and hidden weapon and beating the Gold score too.

Then New Years Day I turn the game on to discover I've lost all my progress, I've been hit by the infamous Campaign deleting bug. Nevertheless I spent several hours playing the first three levels of Campaign mode on Hard, once again getting every collectible in these levels and beat the Gold score again. I didn't want to lose my progress yet again so I backed up my save file to the cloud immediately after playing.

This morning I turn the game on and select Campaign. Once again the only option is to start a new game. No biggie I think, I'll just download my save file from the cloud to my HDD. I do that and try again. Still my only option is to start a new game from scratch.

I give up with this broken piece of shit.

I'm absolutely fucking furious about wasting my time and effort playing this defective game for the last two days. It's a disgrace that this game has been on sale for 50 days now on PS4 and this widespread issue still hasn't been patched. If EA weren't such greedy bastards they would compensate customers.
I only played the first level and had my shit wiped and was annoyed hard. Can't imagine how mad you are.

Best to finish this campaign in one sitting. Lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That's okay, neither does anyone else. The tutorial kinda flies by before really telling you anything

WARNING: Do not play the Campaign mode in this game.

It's bad.

You have to play it for my Waifu the FN P90, for that reason alone you should slog through it.

Plus it's better gameplay wise than BF3s

snack

That's okay, neither does anyone else. The tutorial kinda flies by before really telling you anything

You have to play it for my Waifu the FN P90, for that reason alone you should slog through it.

There is a tutorial? Oh mah gawd.

I went into commander mode blind spamming UAVs and making orders for squads. Pretty sure no one followed any of those orders. Haha

So China Rising is available for PS4?

I always pick Mutiplayer--> Matchmake for 64 conquest and have never played them :(

I have yet to see ANYTHING work on my server browser. Any combination and I see nothing. So I just used the Auto-quick match to play.

Off/On topic..anyone else notice a reduction in crashing but a startling rise in rubberbanding?
Sometimes its an unplayable mess for me anymore.

So China Rising is available for PS4?

I always pick Mutiplayer--> Matchmake for 64 conquest and have never played them :(

I have yet to see ANYTHING work on my server browser. Any combination and I see nothing. So I just used the Auto-quick match to play.

Off/On topic..anyone else notice a reduction in crashing but a startling rise in rubberbanding?
Sometimes its an unplayable mess for me anymore.

yep, i get quite a bit of that nowadays, but very little crashing. it's an improvement i guess...

i need to play BF3 campaign someday so i can finally play BF4 campaign after...

No idea why I expected it to be any different but hopped onto a Second Assault server today and oh my god Metro is still utter wank. Just a frustrating experience which serves no purpose other than grinding heals/resupplies/revives.

Give me a Bad Company 2 map pack and let me play Arica Harbour all day long pls

Dacon

Banned
Is there any way to fix this issue where it seems like youre moving slower than everyone else and constantly get seemingly insta killed?

It happens to me in just about every match.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Battlefield 4: Bugs Explained - OHK, Trading, Missing Hit Markers

I was nodding my head the entire video agreeing with this guy; Game is still frustrating to play three whole months later. I know it was the holidays the past two weeks but DICE needs to tell us this stuff because it's been two weeks of no info from the Control Room, "my one stop for the latest intel on their support on the game".

The first example he gave for the one hit kill death is the most frustrating weapon for me to die to in one hit - the U-100 MK5, the first LMG. Particularly because I remember the short grind of using that weapon to unlock the next LMG, and how weak it is, especially at that range. Just to get wrecked in one hit like a shotgun when in actually it takes a good couple seconds to kill someone.

Problems at the core of the game are a huge deal, and I hope for them that they get that done soon, along with the whole list of other important things to fix at the core.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
You must be a lucky one then. Played two days ago and still get black loading screen of death with the occasional kick back to the dash.

Having worse problems trying to get into matches, sit in que forever, get a lost connection to host or no sessions found when going through quick match. :

bidguy

Banned
You must be a lucky one then. Played two days ago and still get black loading screen of death with the occasional kick back to the dash.

Having worse problems trying to get into matches, sit in que forever, get a lost connection to host or no sessions found when going through quick match. :

yeah quickmatch is broken here aswell. cant get into matches with that. the server browser is also awfully cramped meaning every single server is full with 4 to sometimes 15 people in a queue.

killtrading is also not fixed yet, not sure about 1hit kill. rubberbanding is still there and that soundbug too.

its not crashing though so i guess im just lucky

Just got the game on XB1. Can't get into any matches.

All servers show 0 players.

I figured giving it 2 months lead time would be enough to give it a go.

Guess not?

Any Tips?

bidguy

Banned

Guess not?

Any Tips?

did you edit the filter ? click the right stick and adjust it. other than that try quickmatch and see if it works for you.

Oozer3993

Guess not?

Any Tips?

The server browser isn't working correctly. Mess around with the filter and you should get results. Quick Match is a crap shoot. Some days it gets me into a game immediately, other times I have to try over and over until I finally get matched. Ever since the last patch it's been fairly stable. Didn't have any crashes until today.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
i need to play BF3 campaign someday so i can finally play BF4 campaign after...

You gotta play it on hard for your Platinum, right? Good fucking luck with that, BF3's scripts are terribad at triggering.

Hard in BF4 is much more enjoyable. Outside of one "YOU'RE TOO FAR AHEAD" segment (in the Typhoon) I never had script issues with the campaign. So it's a vast improvement over BF3's.

I wonder when Origin will patch in achievements that are multiplayer only and make me go crazy like they would've in BF3 if I gave a shit about the late PC patching in of the achievements.

turnbuckle

Game was working for me, but my brother couldn't get on. Had that glitch where my weapons were all back to level one so I restarted my ps4. Now I can't play at all. Just a loading screen after the title menu

Just saw origin is down, thanks derp whatever

Grinchy

Banned
It's a shame that there isn't some way to trace back the exact people who do this. It's the only time I'd beg for police brutality.

Can't even log in on PC. EA sucks balls.

How the hell does a multi billion dollar company not have prevention against fucking DDOS attacks!?

They've taken down a bunch of login server over the last week or so. They took down PSN and SOE yesterday and LoL a few days ago. EA multiple times. It's really out of hand now.

Edit: Steams down now. Don't know if it's related.

Anyone got any fix for the server issues?

I'm trying to get on PS4 and got 2 guys in games right now but I cant follow. Changed connection types, NAT, all that, still nothing.

This fucking blows.

zma1013

Anyone got any fix for the server issues?

I'm trying to get on PS4 and got 2 guys in games right now but I cant follow. Changed connection types, NAT, all that, still nothing.

This fucking blows.

You can't, it's currently under attack. There's nothing anyone can do at the moment. Just gotta wait until these jerkweeds stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom