• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoKKeR

64p Conquest on Silk Road is fucking amazing. Damn, I love that map. Looks great, love the aesthetic, plays well, varied encounters, the whole shebang, it's great. Probably the best out of the China Rising maps and maybe one the best in the game IMO, next to Paracel Storm and Oman.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So the Twitter Account is not handled by DICE themselves? Thats pretty lame.

No, why would it be? Waste of their time and employees. EA/DICE hires someone to manage it. Here's a tip: Most game twitters aren't handled by the actual studios. There's a few (like Criterion/studios themselves) that handle their own but it's really rare.

I wouldn't get pissy with the community manager/PR that handles those accounts, as it isn't their problem. Get pissy with Demize and crew, the people you generally talk to Fersis about this.

Silk Road is fucking amazing. Damn, I love that map. Looks great, love the aesthetic, plays well, varied encounters, the whole shebang, it's great. Probably the best out of the China Rising maps and maybe one the best in the game IMO, next to Paracel Storm and Oman.

WHOMG someone that agrees with me. See, Grief.exe! I'm not a minority!

So I'm playing SP and everything looks blurry and ugly. Every other game I owns looks fine. It makes it very hard to aim down the sights to kill anyone

terrible

Banned
NOPE.avi.dll.exe.rar.zip

AN-94 is pure hot flaming trash in BF3. Other assault rifles shit all over it and it's MAIN SELLING FEATURE (two bullet "burst" that is the reason the gun is designed IIRC) is laughable against other guns. Semi/Burst/Auto doesn't matter, it's outclassed because it's spread and damage is just poor because DICE nerfed it into the ground.

Oddly enough this outing they didn't nerf the AEK which was already damn good in BF3.

Meh, still had over a 3 K/D in BF3 with the AN-94 and KH2002 being my top 2 guns lol.

Correction, the AN-94 was behind my 2nd place gun by 43 kills.

Grinchy

Banned
I don't have Premium, but I should look and use a few of my boosts. Haven't used one once.

lol I didn't even know what battlepacks were until today. I opened them up, including the gold one that comes from pre-orders. I plan to stack the 50% XP with this DXP weekend.

TheSeks

Meh, still had over a 3 K/D in BF3 with the AN-94 and KH2002 being my top 2 guns lol.

Correction, the AN-94 was behind my 2nd place gun by 43 kills.

The KH2002 is basically BF3's AN-94 if you set the Heavy Barrel and Foregrip on it.

I am so addicted to this game, despite all the problems. I played 20 hours of the beta and i'm on 50 hours since release. Fortunately the problems and crashing have mostly stopped, the only problem is with the weird hit detection and team stacking.

Ive managed to find a few good server that seem to run good rules. Does anyone else hate instant/quick spawn vehicles? It's already hard enough to manage vehicles in conquest without them being endless.

Edit: I agree about Silk Road. The best part is if you start losing so bad you know you won't win, its time for suicide dirtbike runs which are always fun, winning or losing!

lord pie

As I've recently picked up a PS4 :) I've also picked up BF4.
I'm currently playing through the campaign, and honestly it seems as buggy as the BF3 campaign was. And they still haven't fixed the friendlies pushing you out the way and out of cover :-(

I've had one crash that lost me a map's progress too :-(

However half the fun of a battlefield campaign is the scripting bugs. I managed to capture this stunner:
http://hungryspoon.com/random/1522345_10202879610095791_90018645_n.mp4

:-D

Grinchy

Banned
Are the stats servers down on PSN now too? I just got into a Conquest game and didn't have any of my unlocks. I left the game and the soldier progression shows that I still have everything unlocked.

Dartastic

Also, how do you drop those super useful radar things that let you spawn in interesting places? I don't know how.

WHen is double XP supposed to go live again?

Tell a friend that things are running great now and he should get back on after a month hiatus on PS4. Of course it sucks on PS4 right now.

TheSeks

Laggy as fuck tonight.

Still played 7 hours straight :-

Not just me, then. I've been getting stuttering and slideshows. I'm wondering if it's that DDOS. I really wish DICE would make these weekends into 2XP WEEKs for Premium. Makes no goddamn sense to make it a weekend with the way things are currently. :/

At least I got two shotguns today. Leaves the last three and then I just have to struggle with Carbines and Pistols to unlock all the weapon EXP weapons.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm glad I didn't bother trying to actually play online on PS4 tonight. I ended up beating the single player instead. Then again, maybe laggy shitsville MP would have been the better choice for my time...

11k game on paracel storm tonight (that's really good for me, never broke 10k yet) coming down to the wire, very close last 100 tickets.. and..

CRASH TO DESKTOP.

It's so heartbreaking because there's nothing you can do.It's done. It happened. Its over.

Oh well I had fun.

I think the MP7 is my favorite gun to use. Firing it in small bursts feels so good and the hipfire is great. Love the large magazine. The Iron Sights are so good too.

HariKari

11k game on paracel storm tonight (that's really good for me, never broke 10k yet) coming down to the wire, very close last 100 tickets.. and..

CRASH TO DESKTOP.

It's so heartbreaking because there's nothing you can do.It's done. It happened. Its over.

Oh well I had fun.

I think the MP7 is my favorite gun to use. Firing it in small bursts feels so good and the hipfire is great. Love the large magazine. The Iron Sights are so good too.

You get the points for the round so long as you don't join the same server before the round is over.

You get the points for the round so long as you don't join the same server before the round is over.

I did not know that. Thanks a lot!

I had a really hard time even trying to join any servers tonight. Is it because of the DDoS? or just this game's continual problems?

Also i was sitting in a boat being the repairman, a fantan bomber is headed straight for us. I pull out the SRAW and hit it head on like a boss. It was so good.

terrible

Banned
I played 10 minutes of BF3 and holy crap is it ever garbage after playing BF4. Can't see because of the blinding sunlight and suppression makes it so boring. Lets reward people for missing, great idea!

Timu

CRASH TO DESKTOP.

Oh well I had fun.

When are they going to fix the crashing???

So I'm looking at these challenges to unlocks guns..and I've done 99% of the shit it says but it doesn't register.

Also, I'm serious losing my mind over the insta death shit... there's is NO WAY 3/4 of the time I die its a head shot or some shit. I get no damage on my screen just "I'm dead" in a split second. I shoot the shit out of people, I see even a headshot most times takes a few bullets to in the chest or shoulder to pull off..I'm not insta dropping people who make no effort to fire back. To be honest a good amount of gun fights, unless you get the drop on someone, result in a little mutual damage exchaged...but nope...some nights I just crumbled at the first encounter of an enemy. Or worse, the enemy will be off in thr distance and "Bang!" I'm dead. I sure as hell know I'm not insta killing fools as I "Burst-Burst-Burst" them..

The worse tho is the "Mutal death exchange but I got the Headshot"...da fuq?!
Ok, Ok..I can see, maybe, an exchange of torso shot leads to some odd "bullet still in the air" nonsense, but, a headshot in a bullet exchange is game fucking over. Don't tell me I got into an exchange with some dude, popped his fucking head open, yet he still put enough bullets into me..gah..

I did get, on video, a Kill in Action today. ..from a tree falling on me...

And, the hell with everything I said about Engy/Carbine is an OP build..shit is just common now and theres almost zero point to play any thing else. Nobody uses your health, they run off with 25% health like Rambo (same for resupplys) Most revives will get your ass killed do to the slow ass paddles and..the player will just run off with low health and re-die.
Nope, its Carbines all day!
Fuck an Assualt Rifle, an LMG, or a PDW...Carbines are equal or better then them..and anyone can use them!
Im just slam dropping (fuck, they stick around after I die and I can get 6! Wah!) Rocket Spamming, so many damn engys out there my 1 or 2 rockets from a safe (haha C4..go be a hero!) distance is a Kill/Muti-Kill/Kill Assist/RPG SNIPE INSTA KILL!
And when all else fails with vehicle destruction DOMINATION!..Ya get a Carbine that will mop up just as well (if not better) then what every of class has!
So squad jump your ass right to the closes people in the action..chuck those slams all over the place and then rocket and carbine all those sweet kills from all those lesser classes! (Receive slam kills moments later, find new traveled area to reapply)

I only play 64 conquest..so this opinion might be different for other modes. But by god its perfect for 64 Conq. it seems..

Milennia

So I'm looking at these challenges to unlocks guns..and I've done 99% of the shit it says but it doesn't register.

Also, I'm serious losing my mind over the insta death shit... there's is NO WAY 3/4 of the time I die its a head shot or some shit. I get no damage on my screen just "I'm dead" in a split second. I shoot the shit out of people, I see even a headshot most times takes a few bullets to in the chest or shoulder to pull off..I'm not insta dropping people who make no effort to fire back. To be honest a good amount of gun fights, unless you get the drop on someone, result in a little mutual damage exchaged...but nope...some nights I just crumbled at the first encounter of an enemy. Or worse, the enemy will be off in thr distance and "Bang!" I'm dead. I sure as hell know I'm not insta killing fools as I "Burst-Burst-Burst" them..

The worse tho is the "Mutal death exchange but I got the Headshot"...da fuq?!
Ok, Ok..I can see, maybe, an exchange of torso shot leads to some odd "bullet still in the air" nonsense, but, a headshot in a bullet exchange is game fucking over. Don't tell me I got into an exchange with some dude, popped his fucking head open, yet he still put enough bullets into me..gah..

I did get, on video, a Kill in Action today. ..from a tree falling on me...

And, the hell with everything I said about Engy/Carbine is an OP build..shit is just common now and theres almost zero point to play any thing else. Nobody uses your health, they run off with 25% health like Rambo (same for resupplys) Most revives will get your ass killed do to the slow ass paddles and..the player will just run off with low health and re-die.
Nope, its Carbines all day!
Fuck an Assualt Rifle, an LMG, or a PDW...Carbines are equal or better then them..and anyone can use them!
Im just slam dropping (fuck, they stick around after I die and I can get 6! Wah!) Rocket Spamming, so many damn engys out there my 1 or 2 rockets from a safe (haha C4..go be a hero!) distance is a Kill/Muti-Kill/Kill Assist/RPG SNIPE INSTA KILL!
And when all else fails with vehicle destruction DOMINATION!..Ya get a Carbine that will mop up just as well (if not better) then what every of class has!
So squad jump your ass right to the closes people in the action..chuck those slams all over the place and then rocket and carbine all those sweet kills from all those lesser classes! (Receive slam kills moments later, find new traveled area to reapply)

I only play 64 conquest..so this opinion might be different for other modes. But by god its perfect for 64 Conq. it seems..

I only play 64 conquest as well. I do well every game as a medic. I get revives off without dying, statistically and actually, my assault rifles out shoot every other weapon in the game one on one. I outrange the ak5c and i kill ace 52s before they can get 4 shots off.

Theres no question, its in the stats and play, no carbine is as strong as the best assault rifles, or else symthic would disagree or the pro players would be using carbines instead of exclusively the ace 23/ergo.
Revives aren't a problem if you play well, you wont die. Seks and I had a conversation over this topic a few pages back.

There are even PDWs that outshoot most carbines, the UmP 9/45 for instance, even get better range play.

As for your other statements, if i res someone and they just book it (which they cant as they have to accept and get up to run away) , they should still get at least 50% of a full heal.. If you play the medic dance, you would have a bag down and it would start healing the second they accept, i rarely have people just run away.. Maybe thats because i clear the area before i revive, meaning they have nowhere to run to. Don't revive if your going to die yourself, it does nothing, if the area is safe, revive.

Engineers are more resourceful in this game than any other class due to the nature of the game itself. Thats known and has been an issue in most other installments as well. We get it at this point.. Everyone knows this who has played the game for at least 15 hours. But they are not the masters of infantry combat, not by a longshot.
Even as being the most resourceful option, they still do nothing in the hands of a bad player. The class takes just as much skill as any other out there, meaning there are more terrible engineers, than good ones.

(A plus i would give carbines is the fact that they have nearly 0 learning curve compared to most weapons)

Milennia

MTAR is pretty good. I think ACR-W is the best carbine though.

The ak5c is the best overall carbine, then its the ace 52 for damage and range.

Mtar outshoots the acw in short range as well.
Not to mention the fact that you don't aim with it, so your reaction times should be quicker.

This video explains it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdjYmtgAqls

Stuck on a DLC Assignment that calls for 2 Attack Jet ribbons. Problem is, I am TERRRRIBLE with aircraft. What is the best solution for this? I have a 200% booster that I can use in conjunction with doubleXP weekend to maybe get by. That would still require me to kill a person, and the most kills I've ever managed to get was 1 during an Air Superiority game - which may have been dumb luck to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom