• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rubberbanding makes the game almost unplayable.

There's just no reason to put any effort into the game or try to be competitive cause its a roll of the dice on if you'll be able to aim or your opponent won't be a sliding jittery target your trying to hit.

Add in the ever present insta-kill bullets and death sharing with this ever present banding and I can't but help to just not take a round serious as a measure of skill or competitive play.

On a lighter note, this unplayableness added with my "Why give a fuck?" attitude actually meant I got around to unlocking the M-Tar and L85. Wasted a round or two looking for a Sniper to defib then another actually trying to snipe lol.
Figured out the only way I can reliably snipe is with an ACOG on the gun lol...I'm a shitty sniper :D

Finally picked this up for PS4. Have any of you tried out Squad Deathmatch yet? I was playing for a bit today... it actually feels really balanced, the map size is just right and the score caps are perfect!

I found TDM to be a bit too short, 100 kills comes quick w/ 16v16

Oh dear

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The rubberbanding makes the game almost unplayable.

There's just no reason to put any effort into the game or try to be competitive cause its a roll of the dice on if you'll be able to aim or your opponent won't be a sliding jittery target your trying to hit.

Add in the ever present insta-kill bullets and death sharing with this ever present banding and I can't but help to just not take a round serious as a measure of skill or competitive play.

On a lighter note, this unplayableness added with my "Why give a fuck?" attitude actually meant I got around to unlocking the M-Tar and L85. Wasted a round or two looking for a Sniper to defib then another actually trying to snipe lol.
Figured out the only way I can reliably snipe is with an ACOG on the gun lol...I'm a shitty sniper :D

An easy way to do that assignment is to do Obliteration on Flood Zone or another map that gives the "Battle pickup" One-shot sniper (either the CQC variant of the variable scope) and nail one person with it. It counts as a sniper kill if you hit them ANYWHERE in the body, which leaves your defib and grenade kill after.

An easy way to do that assignment is to do Obliteration on Flood Zone or another map that gives the "Battle pickup" One-shot sniper (either the CQC variant of the variable scope) and nail one person with it. It counts as a sniper kill if you hit them ANYWHERE in the body, which leaves your defib and grenade kill after.

I got them, basically just went to "known sniper hangouts". Ya know, those places where all the sub-lvl 20's sit..get a kill on you..then you go "that little motherf*cker!"..then you proceed to knife every one on that hill/rooftop when you respawn :)
Shocked one and walked up to another and hit him with a Impact as he laid there unsuspecting :)

The sniping worked for me once I learned, while I can't snipe, I can snipe pretty well with an ACOG/Close/Med range scope. Actually pretty fun lol. I might toy with the Short range sniping build since while I've unlocked every gun (1 LMG left, a few Shotguns too) I've only unlocked only about 3-4 Rifles and no attachements for them except on the starting one.

I've also been experimenting with Shottys too. Not sure which ones the best or what attachments are good to use tho. Been rolling with the starting one since I have the most attachemnets thus far.

TheSeks

Do the shotguns while you can with 2XP on. That one is such a chore due to the majority of maps not really supporting long shotgun play, IMO.

(Plus the first one they give you is still the best shotgun, it's all downhill til the SPAS-12 which is wonky at times. Haven't tried the last unlock but the one after the SPAS needs to be ADS or it's pure trash)

Yeah I am working on shotguns, but using shotguns is kinda rough even on Operation Locker. I manage to get the rest of the PDW (no UMP-9), LMG, Pistols and DMR except ACE53 SV and SCAR-H SV.

Snipers rifles are another story :(

TheSeks

Frankly your goal with 2XP should be:

Snipers
Shotguns
Class-kits (while doing the above two)

Anything after that is a matter of time, but doing pistols next probably should be focused on.

Grenades were REALLY fast to unlock with that week-long 2XP they had months back. Like, insanely fast.

Speaking of which, what's the best way to level sniper rifles? They're the one weapon I kinda suck with, any recommended game modes/servers?

Dacon

Banned
Well I officially give up on this game for now. No matter what server I play I on I get immediately shot down thanks to the netcode, regardless of the weapon people use against me, or if I see them first and start shooting first.

I ragequit right after I put 4 rounds from the A-91 into a guys back and he just turned around and put me down immediately with the aug.

I'll just play BF3 until the game gets ironed, it's just too frustrating for me between the netcode, the headglitching and the camping.

Speaking of which, what's the best way to level sniper rifles? They're the one weapon I kinda suck with, any recommended game modes/servers?

I'm no good sniping either. What I did, and am doing, is using the first gun with a Medium ranged scope on 64 man conquest. Instead of relying on really long distance shots I'm at a Med range around the fight plus its worked wonders one-shotting guys who get to close.
Just went 24-10 on Shanghai, I never thought I would even get 10 kills with a sniper rifle!

But, just with unlocking other guns I'm not good with or have other types of disadvantages (Shotty/DMR) I've eaten some shit on maps. Went 9-15 the next round Sniping :/

One thing tho which has been fun...lack of rubberbanding while sniping since I'm sitting in places longer lol. I switched to a shotty mid round to try to nab some of those kills...zap back a foot for every 5 I ran...
Think I'm just gonna keep dicking around to unlock stuff till the rubber banding gets addressed...well, that is if it does by the time I'm finished with unlocks.

As it stands I can hardly enjoy a game due to the crippling rubberbanding. I've even tried to edit my browser settings to USA--> East Coast and picked full bar games...no change and just as bad.
I can't get into a game with it like this, I lose all sense of competition or ability to seriously play since its such a roll of the dice aiming or moving.

Frankly your goal with 2XP should be:

Snipers
Shotguns
Class-kits (while doing the above two)

Anything after that is a matter of time, but doing pistols next probably should be focused on.

Grenades were REALLY fast to unlock with that week-long 2XP they had months back. Like, insanely fast.
And Snipers are now unlocked but the FY-JS :p I still suck at sniping but used 2 100 XP boost.

TheSeks

SKS is still good. Problem is they screwed with hip-fire too much. That and the recoil.

Facism

i want to play but then i get that "eugggggghhhh" feeling at how lacking the game is in it's consistency, quality and player base.

I just go play an indie game instead.

Milennia

Ew i have every weapon unlocked now but battlelog still shows 93/ i hate when it doesnt show it complete -.- maybe its just second assault shit.

I really hope we get news about it this month, i need the vss/F2000.

A question, what is considered a good SPM?

Also not related, the micro destruction in this game is amazing.

Especial creating large craters, on Hainan Resort, I literally spent a minute laughing at this.

HiHGCcNl.jpg

Look at the water!

Also unrelated here's my first BF4 mini montage.

Facism

why don't my attachments apply to the MTAR?

I've got red dot/grip set in battlelog, but ingame neither are equipped.

TheSeks

why don't my attachments apply to the MTAR?

I've got red dot/grip set in battlelog, but ingame neither are equipped.

It's bugged. I think the other China Rising weapons are like that.

Funny. I don't care how much I die in this game (bad strategy, i try to minimize it, but...).

I get killed and don't get mad. I go for the objective and do my best get shot up from some guy camping on a roof a mile away, respawn and off I go.

So different from COD where I watch K/D SO closely!

What a hoot!

bidguy

Banned
not a single server without a queue
screw this garbage game i didnt spend 110€ to wait 20 minutes before i can join a match

TheSeks

not a single server without a queue
screw this garbage game i didnt spend 110€ to wait 20 minutes before i can join a match

Quick match?

Also Splinter and company need to get on, like... for real.

Anyone else on PS4 finding that when you invite someone from within the game, it doesnt let you come out of the Battlelog bit, and when re-starting the game, if you press the PS button and go to anything else then come back to the game, it pretty much disables the controller from being used within BF? Have to restart the PS4 for anything to work after that within Battlefield.

God damn, this game is so buggy.

TheSeks

=U= Rock servers continue to be pretty terrible four months later. :/

They can modify the player count, but the ticket count to match? Forget it. :/

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Wow, campaign is terribad. I know people play this for the MP, but I like to finish the SP first. I got to the part where you have to get to the airield and have to fight like five tanks in a row, sometimes three at a time. Whoever designed this is an idiot. The game forces you to inch forward and make tanks spawn one by one and run away to "heal". The only reason I can get past this is due to the fact my tank can heal and theirs don't. What an idiotic mechanic, thanks Halo. What is with the tank spawning on top of you anyhow? You can literally see them pop up in right in front of your eyes.

So I get past this tank part and get back on foot finally. They tell me to drop down into a bar looking building, ok fine. Boom, four guys spawn in the room all around me all at once. I die, back to the tank part!

I'm done, never touching this turd again. It makes Shadowfall look like a GOTY.

Overdoziz

Banned
Share -> Share Video -> Get a Link

heh

Really depends on what game modes you're playing. If you're playing Domination, your score is probably going to be really high.
Yeah, I only play Rush (if there are people on) and Domination so it's pretty easy to rank up a load of points.

Ps4 player here. At a friends house trying to play on his Xbone. I'm shocked at how garbage this game is on the Xbone. You'll see a server with 52/64 and 11 people waiting forever. And all second assault servers will freeze your Xbone. Wtf lol. Ps4 runs pretty stable I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom