• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milennia

Stuck on a DLC Assignment that calls for 2 Attack Jet ribbons. Problem is, I am TERRRRIBLE with aircraft. What is the best solution for this? I have a 200% booster that I can use in conjunction with doubleXP weekend to maybe get by. That would still require me to kill a person, and the most kills I've ever managed to get was 1 during an Air Superiority game - which may have been dumb luck to begin with.

Most are terrible with an aircraft tbh, never found a reason to learn either.

If you are on ps4 i suggest air superiority spam or wait until custom servers with more tickets.
If you are on PC you already have the custom servers.
If you are really struggling, find enough people who want it and sit on an empty server and get it, or just,practice and learn the jet game.
Personally i just don't care enough since they nerfed it to 90 seconds.

I dont think the boosts affect your ribbon count, at least it hasnt ever done such a thing for me.

thenexus6

Damn this in game pop ups are annoying "Did you know your guns has different fire modes?!? Press down to switch.." YES I know, anyway of turning these off? on PS4

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
All up in their spawn

(And of course I die twice using the shotgun where no hitmarkers came out)

Stuck on a DLC Assignment that calls for 2 Attack Jet ribbons. Problem is, I am TERRRRIBLE with aircraft. What is the best solution for this? I have a 200% booster that I can use in conjunction with doubleXP weekend to maybe get by. That would still require me to kill a person, and the most kills I've ever managed to get was 1 during an Air Superiority game - which may have been dumb luck to begin with.

Have Splinter do it. It's a terrible assignment for something that flies in a "parabolic arc" anyway.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Except a couple of unplayable matches due 'rubber banding' and battlelog not working the game worked fine for me.

I capped the Engineer,Support and Recon Classes. DAT 2XP + 50% Boost combo

I can't understand why there are 64 man rush servers. and they're all running 75 tickets.

Maybe if there were 150-200 tickets, i could see it as a crazy insane mode, but the maps are more built for 32 players on rush. And those servers are constantly empty on pc.

TheSeks

Nearly done with Shotgun unlocks. \o/ Then it leaves Carbines and Pistols.

I loaded up MP this morning (PS4) and found all of my MP progression unlocks wiped. Has anyone else experienced this? I've list my SP save before but this... This is really shitty :(

NM: it took about 15 for the servers to catch up. Weird, first time that happened to me.

Grinchy

Banned
I loaded up MP this morning (PS4) and found all of my MP progression unlocks wiped. Has anyone else experienced this? I've list my SP save before but this... This is really shitty :(

I had that going on last night too. I don't think it's actually lost forever. If you check your My Soldier page or whatever, it'll probably still show that you have it all unlocked.

Uhh why do I suck at this so badly? Is it because I need alot of the unlocks to be good? I shoot people like 3 or 4 times and they don't die but they hit me once and I'm gone. I just end up dying over and over and I feel like I'm lucky to get 3 or 4 kills in a round.

Milennia

Uhh why do I suck at this so badly? Is it because I need alot of the unlocks to be good? I shoot people like 3 or 4 times and they don't die but they hit me once and I'm gone. I just end up dying over and over and I feel like I'm lucky to get 3 or 4 kills in a round.

You dont need alot of unlocks to be good, thats for sure.

Just keep at it and read up/ask questions about the game, you will get better over time.
That skill should translate well into the next installment as well.

There are certain weapons where a one shot is still possible, even with the latest patch, but i doubt your getting hit with it every time. They are probably just high ROF weapons, especially if you arent one shotting someone, same thing for everyone else.

As you play and learn more, you can tell what type of gun killed you just from its sound.

Erban1

What weapon are you using? And what's your play style? If you're constantly on the move without looking ahead you'll get picked off often.

Also never fire full auto if you aren't close to your opponent, and if you can help it don't move while engaging. Burst fire a few shots at a time to keep recoil in check and control the spread of your shots. These huge maps and all the angles and verticality means careful play is rewarded, I found once I stopped rushing everywhere, and started burst firing more effectively I went from averaging a .5 kdr to around a 1.5.

If you're on ps4 shoot me a friend invite, my psn is Moneyman232

Acorn

They need to lower the skill ceiling for jets if they are tying unlocks to it. It's not like anti air isn't good enough.

dab0ne

NM: it took about 15 for the servers to catch up. Weird, first time that happened to me.

Ok cool. This just happened to me. Hopefully my unlocks come back :(

RoKKeR

Patience is your best friend. My brother had his first BF experience this weekend and it took him a while to get the rhythm of things, probably 4-5 gameplay hours. But now he loves it, can at least get by without getting trashed and is really enjoying it.

Like others have said, awareness is key in BF. Be aware of your surroundings, don't run out in the open without knowing what's happening around you, burst fire/controlled shooting, stick near teammates (especially if you are playing 64 player conquest) and play your role. (Assault, throw medpacks/revive, etc etc.) You'll get the hang of it.

had my first crash in a long time last night on PS4. things are coming together finally!

yeah, that happens when stats servers are down.

Finally got into a match!

NOOB Question:

How do I change my kit and weapons? Is there a customization screen I'm missing or can you only do it in match when you select your layout?

I unlocked a muzzle break and what looks like some kind of missile launcher.

I'm on XB1

You dont need alot of unlocks to be good, thats for sure.

Just keep at it and read up/ask questions about the game, you will get better over time.
That skill should translate well into the next installment as well.

There are certain weapons where a one shot is still possible, even with the latest patch, but i doubt your getting hit with it every time. They are probably just high ROF weapons, especially if you arent one shotting someone, same thing for everyone else.

As you play and learn more, you can tell what type of gun killed you just from its sound.

What weapon are you using? And what's your play style? If you're constantly on the move without looking ahead you'll get picked off often.

Also never fire full auto if you aren't close to your opponent, and if you can help it don't move while engaging. Burst fire a few shots at a time to keep recoil in check and control the spread of your shots. These huge maps and all the angles and verticality means careful play is rewarded, I found once I stopped rushing everywhere, and started burst firing more effectively I went from averaging a .5 kdr to around a 1.5.

If you're on ps4 shoot me a friend invite, my psn is Moneyman232

Patience is your best friend. My brother had his first BF experience this weekend and it took him a while to get the rhythm of things, probably 4-5 gameplay hours. But now he loves it, can at least get by without getting trashed and is really enjoying it.

Like others have said, awareness is key in BF. Be aware of your surroundings, don't run out in the open without knowing what's happening around you, burst fire/controlled shooting, stick near teammates (especially if you are playing 64 player conquest) and play your role. (Assault, throw medpacks/revive, etc etc.) You'll get the hang of it.

Thanks for the tips. I just started playing so I know I'll get better(only level 2). I'm just using the stock gun for each class. As an assault guy I just get mowed down over and over. I seem to do best with the engineer class.

What happened to the LMGs? I loved them in previous BF games.

They are absolutely useless. I've been trying to play with the support class today but the lmgs are absolutely terrible or otherwise I have suffered from some serious lag today. They are no good in any situation. It feels like I have to empty the whole magazine into someone before they die and by that time I have alerted the whole enemy team and get quickly killed from behind. I don't think I will bother with them anymore...

TheSeks

Done with Shotguns! \o/

Leaves Carbines and Pistols to unlock. Thank you 2XP.

(Also that round had a hilarious musical chair moment for me. Get disabled, am a medic. Get out of the gunner seat that I spawned onto a squadmate in the tank with. Dude dies, I'm like "OH NO YOU LE DON'T" at possiblity stealing the tank, get back in. NAIL their tank to a disable/death with two people in it and literally 5 seconds later get taken out from somewhere by a rocket. I had a good laugh at that for like 2 mins straight)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
What happened to the LMGs? I loved them in previous BF games.
Wut? I absolutely mawl people with LMGs now!

Finally got into a match!

NOOB Question:

How do I change my kit and weapons? Is there a customization screen I'm missing or can you only do it in match when you select your layout?

I unlocked a muzzle break and what looks like some kind of missile launcher.

I'm on XB1
Yup, you can go to the Test Range or use the Battlelog via PC or Mobile Device.
DAT USER EXPERIENCE.

TheSeks

LMG's haven't changed. Just the suppression effect has.

(OMG CRUTCH</JJ and Sco>)

RoKKeR

So this is probably the coolest BF moment I've had in a long time. No crazy kill or anything like that, just a moment that I couldn't believe was happening in an unscripted multiplayer game.

Looks like something they would set up for an official trailer or something, so awesome.

Also, the fact that I can say "Xbox Record That" -> Upload Studio -> Edit/Trim -> Upload to SkyDrive in under 5 minutes is incredibly cool. Especially useful when playing BF.

TheSeks

M249, M240, QBZ (though I think that moved that to Assault Rifles?).

Pref the QBZ for rock-solid iron sights and low recoil in ADS and hipfire.

Facism

I swear lmgs have some sort of dice roll when you join the server determining if they're going to be bother to be accurate or not. The handling seems to change for mg4 on a round-by-round basis. One game there's barely any recoil, next game things jumps about like a spunking cock.

Sorry, I know this has been probably been asked a billion times but does this game(PS4 version) still have tons of issues? I held off buying it for awhile due to it, but if there is still a ton of issues(namely constant crashing in multiplayer, single player process wiped out) I'm going to continue to stay away.

I'm really interested in the game though but I keep staying away due to the issues.

Acorn

Sorry, I know this has been probably been asked a billion times but does this game(PS4 version) still have tons of issues? I held off buying it for awhile due to it, but if there is still a ton of issues(namely constant crashing in multiplayer, single player process wiped out) I'm going to continue to stay away.

I'm really interested in the game though but I keep staying away due to the issues.
Single player saves go every time for me. Multi wise the servers are sometimes wonky, I've had about 3 crashes since xmas.

So this is probably the coolest BF moment I've had in a long time. No crazy kill or anything like that, just a moment that I couldn't believe was happening in an unscripted multiplayer game.

Looks like something they would set up for an official trailer or something, so awesome.

Also, the fact that I can say "Xbox Record That" -> Upload Studio -> Edit/Trim -> Upload to SkyDrive in under 5 minutes is incredibly cool. Especially useful when playing BF.

bad link?

Sharpshot

Neo Member
Finally picked this up for PS4. Have any of you tried out Squad Deathmatch yet? I was playing for a bit today... it actually feels really balanced, the map size is just right and the score caps are perfect!

I found TDM to be a bit too short, 100 kills comes quick w/ 16v16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom