• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well, that's new. Game balled so hard it crashed the entire PC to where I couldn't normally shut down via Service Manager.

DIIIIICE/MICROSOFFFFFT?

Ps4 player here. At a friends house trying to play on his Xbone. I'm shocked at how garbage this game is on the Xbone. You'll see a server with 52/64 and 11 people waiting forever. And all second assault servers will freeze your Xbone. Wtf lol. Ps4 runs pretty stable I guess.

The sever thing has cropped up the last few days, not sure what's going on. Other than that, it's been pretty stable since a few back to back patches in mid-December.

terrible

Banned
Really depends on what game modes you're playing. If you're playing Domination, your score is probably going to be really high.

More than anything it depends on how often you play with high boosts and if you have premium and stack 100% or 200% boosts with double XP. SPM is now completely useless and irrelevant in BF4.

I'm no good sniping either. What I did, and am doing, is using the first gun with a Medium ranged scope on 64 man conquest. Instead of relying on really long distance shots I'm at a Med range around the fight plus its worked wonders one-shotting guys who get to close.
Just went 24-10 on Shanghai, I never thought I would even get 10 kills with a sniper rifle!

I've done exactly the same, stuck an ACOG on the very first sniper rifle and have used that almost exclusively, with the 100% XP event I've got pretty much all of the sniper rifles unlocked now. Any time I stick a 'proper' scope on a sniper rifle now it winds me up because I'm unable to get into the thick of the action

Milennia

cant decide what is better, first shot recoil grip or the one for 15% accuracy

Different situations.

I use the angled for everything since i primarily play conquest with most of my engagements being medium-long and using ARs.
Its why my top 10 guns have insane accuracy ratings.

Operation Locker really brings out the fucktard in people. No one revives or really cares about capping flags, they only want to whore grenades and noob tubes down the hallways in C.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Even though I've only spoken about the negative times with the game on here like whenever it crashes, or there's some new problem of the day, I do love this game when it actually works. My top 20-30 weapons are so evenly spread kill-wise because there are so many guns to play with that I love for each class, including weapons that I plan to use but haven't even touched yet. They've actually impressed me in that regard I must say, regardless of the nonsense with the game on a daily, or even hourly basis. Sometimes I just look at a class, then look at a gun, make some stat comparisons on Symthic.com, and just use that new weapon, and end up loving it.

I'm even in such a good mood, I'll even say what my favorite kill was so far in Battlefield 4. I was playing Rush on Flood Zone, on defense, at the first defense zone. I was Recon with the M98B, my choice of long range sniping over the SRR-61 and got me my 50+ Marksman headshots real easy. I had spawned on a squadmate on the highway, and there was a Little Bird buzzing about. It didn't have many kills, or else if it had ever killed me, I would have switched to Engineer to bring it down, because I always go for the revenge kills like that.

About a few seconds after I spawned on him, the Little Bird came swooping in, the guy ran but still got killed. I could tell the guy had skills because he made a tight turn and immediately came back for me. He was already spraying at me and my screen was already slightly red. I always try for the sniper kill on drivers on vehicles because sometimes I do get them, and I've even sniped a pilot out of a Little Bird before, but it was a two body-shot kill.

So he's barreling in fast at me at an angle, so I line up the shot and go for it as usual. Straight through the front glass - bam. Headshotted the pilot in one go, the Little Bird slowly drifts past me and lands behind me. It was empty because he was flying solo, so I hop in and fly away. Wish I could have recorded that, but it was on 360.

More than anything it depends on how often you play with high boosts and if you have premium and stack 100% or 200% boosts with double XP. SPM is now completely useless and irrelevant in BF4.

Exactly - by itself it was useless since it's a stat that can fluctuate so easily, but when I read that XP affected it, that's when you knew it really didn't matter.

Mine also used to be real high, but for the past 2 or 3 weeks I've been playing less Domination and more Rush and Conquest since I felt like unlocking the FY-JS, including the 50 Marksman headshots (headshot kill over 250 meters) and boy was it worth it. I played aggressive Recon with the Scout, and with the FY-JS it's even better than the Scout for me, mainly because it came off the bat with my favorite scope, the 6x. I tear it up with that thing, wow. Since I've headshotted people on the run or off boats & quads often already, I don't think I'm going to top myself with that one with a new favorite anytime soon.

Oh man, if it wasn't for the double xp weekend I would not have played this laggy piece of shit at all. I've been suffering from a terrible lag all weekend and as a result my skill has dropped like 50 points. Before the weekend I was doing pretty well but now I have at least 15 deaths in every game and feel lucky if I can go positive with my k/d (not that I'm following it that closely since I play to win). It's just so frustrating to play when you lose 75% of the head to head battles no matter how well you react and aim. I'm losing to fucking pistols and lmgs even when I have emptied a whole mag in their chest with an ACE 52 or 21.

turnbuckle

Operation Locker really brings out the fucktard in people. No one revives or really cares about capping flags, they only want to whore grenades and noob tubes down the hallways in C.

I keep picking operation locker and leaving after it's over and redoing it to get the med kit and ammo ribbon assignments. 100% xp booster + premium and doing that is netting me insane xp. I agree though.

When is premium xp over? Message said it started at 8am est Friday and lasts 58 hours, I think. That'd put it at ending here in less than an hour unless I'm doing my math wrong or missing something

Milennia

Anyone actually get the improvised knife from any battlepacks? Im level capped and its the only one im missing.. It doesn't even show up as existing on battlelog.. Just in game.

Besides the veteran one.. As dice hasn't fixed that issue yet i guess.

Anyone actually get the improvised knife from any battlepacks? Im level capped and its the only one im missing.. It doesn't even show up as existing on battlelog.. Just in game.

Besides the veteran one.. As dice hasn't fixed that issue yet i guess.

If you mean the shank then that's unlocked via the campaign

Milennia

Hmm, then it'll be unlockable with a super duper extra premium DLC 3 months from now

If it was that simple i wouldn't give a shit lol.

Its not a premium knife, just a battlepack knife that either doesn't exist because the game is lying, or its the rarest thing out of the battlepacks.

TheSeks

No.

Its listed as improvised, its a battlepack unlock that nobody seems to have.

SHANK
Improvised prison melee weapon to take down enemies in close quarters and steal their dogtags.

???????

That's the only "improvised" one and again: Singleplayer unlock.

Milennia

SHANK
Improvised prison melee weapon to take down enemies in close quarters and steal their dogtags.

???????

That's the only "improvised" one and again: Singleplayer unlock.

Not the shank...

Go to your knives in game, theres a knife labeled as improvised.

Battlepack unlock.

The shank is very clearly labeled "shank" and says single player unlock... This is a different knife.

http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Knife

Scroll to battlefield 4, look at the last knife.
Even found a forum thread on it http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064771190794635/ (there are a few threads actually)

Heres a picture of it http://i.imgur.com/SXCcVaE.png
And another http://i.imgur.com/g0tkVHr.png

^^^ thats how it shows up on mine.
In the threads I'm reading, only one person has been killed by it.

Also.. If i said its the only one I'm missing, why would i not have the shank lol.. It comes before the machete lol..

TheSeks

Boosts count for SPM?

I have no idea

Yes, like 2XP weekends. It's utterly pointless to base anything on stats.

I have no clue how we lost that Flood Zone round. As soon as I lost the LAV I stole from them (at 8% and then repaired/auto-repaired back to full health) it seems we totally lost our control and bam loss. :/ Stupid dude on the rafters, I wish I had known he was there instead of hauling ass thinking I was hitting AT mines.

Also SLAMs to the ass of an IFV from the RHIB it's attached to doesn't OHK. WTF DICE?

Kolgar

Wow, campaign is terribad. I know people play this for the MP, but I like to finish the SP first. I got to the part where you have to get to the airield and have to fight like five tanks in a row, sometimes three at a time. Whoever designed this is an idiot. The game forces you to inch forward and make tanks spawn one by one and run away to "heal". The only reason I can get past this is due to the fact my tank can heal and theirs don't. What an idiotic mechanic, thanks Halo. What is with the tank spawning on top of you anyhow? You can literally see them pop up in right in front of your eyes.

So I get past this tank part and get back on foot finally. They tell me to drop down into a bar looking building, ok fine. Boom, four guys spawn in the room all around me all at once. I die, back to the tank part!

I'm done, never touching this turd again. It makes Shadowfall look like a GOTY.

I feel you. I just passed that part myself, and the next several sections are even more annoying. This is a slog; the kind of frustrating slog I hate to get mired in.

Lowlights of the last half hour include idiot AI teammates who allow enemy combatants to run into the house we're holding, kneel down beside me, and start filling me with bursts full of lead. As well as dopey Hannah, whose raucous screaming about the most inane things has me wanting to punch something.

I can only pray it's over soon.

Having said that, and having played through the campaigns of the other big retail FPSs on PS4, I can say to my surprise that Call of Duty: Ghosts has by far the most enjoyable campaign. It is LEAGUES better than what DICE has served up, to say nothing of the bland but annoying paint-by-numbers bore-fest of Killzone.

I'm going to have to take a break from BF, new gun collection be damned, simply on account of this obnoxious single-player campaign.

EDIT: How could I neglect to mention the absurdly bad hit detection? I swear, nearly half of my shots--nearly half of my NUTS-ON shots are not connecting right now. Heaven forbid an enemy AI should be behind a chain-link fence or any kind of cover, because you simply can't reach them if so. It's leaving me open to getting killed by the AI's own frantic pounding, and GOT DAMN, it is annoying.

Rizific

Lol @ placing any weight of worth on this games single player. Definitely GOTY for me (based off of multi-player, of course).

Milennia

I feel you. I just passed that part myself, and the next several sections are even more annoying. This is a slog; the kind of frustrating slog I hate to get mired in.

Lowlights of the last half hour include idiot AI teammates who allow enemy combatants to run into the house we're holding, kneel down beside me, and start filling me with bursts full of lead. As well as dopey Hannah, whose raucous screaming about the most inane things has me wanting to punch something.

I can only pray it's over soon.

Having said that, and having played through the campaigns of the other big retail FPSs on PS4, I can say to my surprise that Call of Duty: Ghosts has by far the most enjoyable campaign. It is LEAGUES better than what DICE has served up, to say nothing of the bland but annoying paint-by-numbers bore-fest of Killzone.

I'm going to have to take a break from BF, new gun collection be damned, simply on account of this obnoxious single-player campaign.

EDIT: How could I neglect to mention the absurdly bad hit detection? I swear, nearly half of my shots--nearly half of my NUTS-ON shots are not connecting right now. Heaven forbid an enemy AI should be behind a chain-link fence or any kind of cover, because you simply can't reach them if so. It's leaving me open to getting killed by the AI's own frantic pounding, and GOT DAMN, it is annoying.

This games single player acts as an afterthought, you should pretty much treat it as such.

The multiplayer is what this game is, if you don't play multiplayer, this could possibly be one of the worst games for you.

Bumhead

Banned
I've just finished the single player and thought it was OK. Nothing special obviously but I didn't find it as offensive, tedious or boring as large parts of my experience with Killzone. Visuals are excellent and I feel like the campaign is fairly well paced. I never felt like individual missions were dragging or spoiling the experience, and the whole thing never outstayed its welcome.

In the context of military FPS campaigns these days I thought it was decent enough.

terrible

Banned
From a pure raw gameplay perspective I thought the campaign was fine. Better than Shadowfall actually since the controls were far tighter and the FOV is superior in BF4. The story was dumb and I don't have much patience for scripted events though. I'd rather they removed their campaigns and just included MP w/ bots as a single player option like the early BF games.

terrible

Banned
I see where you got your username now ;)

The SP in this game is a complete joke compared to Shadow Fall, and SF has many of its own problems.

Shadowfall continues the Killzone tradition of having the worst gunplay imaginable. It's gorgeous and the level design is quite nice and I like that not every area is a hallway with only one way to progress but as soon as you actually have to shoot the game is a nightmare. At least with BF4 the gunplay is flawless. That's what I'm talking about when I say it's better from a raw gameplay perspective.

Also not related, the micro destruction in this game is amazing.

Especial creating large craters, on Hainan Resort, I literally spent a minute laughing at this.

HiHGCcNl.jpg

and is especially horrible in Obliteration when the bomb targets always get cratered, leaving the target hovering in the air unable to be destroyed :(

its actually a valid tactic in some maps, just C4 the ground so much that your targets cannot be destroyed! insta-win.

and my recent games have been mostly like this :D

Kolgar

This games single player acts as an afterthought, you should pretty much treat it as such.

The multiplayer is what this game is, if you don't play multiplayer, this could possibly be one of the worst games for you.

If that's how the devs treat the single-player game, then I wish they'd skip it and just pack in more multiplayer maps or something. Seriously.

As a rule, I make a point to play the campaigns of these games just to "finish" them. I realize multi is where it's at, and that's where I spend most of my time. I figured this would be over in a quick five or six hours and I could move on with my life, with a fresh stock of guns for multi.

But due to the game's glitches and other problems, and having to restart the campaign four times before my save game took and I could actually continue, it turned into probably an eight-hour gonad grind that's soured me a bit on the brand.

At least it's over.

Kabuto

The AEK-971 on Operation Locker guarantees me a good round; it's such a good gun. went 37-11 with it just now.

Hi I am new to Battlefield... Are the weapons and upgrades shared between campaign and online multilayer?

no but you get unlocks for completing the campaign.

Complete Baku
REWARD
M412 REX

Complete Kunlun Mountains
REWARD
SHANK

Complete Tashgar
REWARD
MACHETE

TO VALHALLA (CAMPAIGN)
AWARD REQUIREMENTS
Make the final choice
REWARD
QBZ-95-1

PEACE MAKER (CAMPAIGN)
AWARD REQUIREMENTS
Make the final choice
REWARD
P90

FINAL DUTY (CAMPAIGN)
AWARD REQUIREMENTS
Make the final choice
REWARD
M249

The AEK-971
no but you get unlocks for completing the campaign.

Complete Baku
REWARD
M412 REX

Complete Kunlun Mountains
REWARD
SHANK

Complete Tashgar
REWARD
MACHETE

TO VALHALLA (CAMPAIGN)
AWARD REQUIREMENTS
Make the final choice
REWARD
QBZ-95-1

PEACE MAKER (CAMPAIGN)
AWARD REQUIREMENTS
Make the final choice
REWARD
P90

FINAL DUTY (CAMPAIGN)
AWARD REQUIREMENTS
Make the final choice
REWARD
M249

The three guns you get for making the choices are really good so even if you don't like the campaign, I would just tank through it just to get those guns. It doesn't take long to finish and isn't hard at all.

TheSeks

BUT DADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I don't wanna play a marginally improved and kinda fun campaign! *whine*

antitrop

In the context of military FPS campaigns these days I thought it was decent enough.
The only military FPS campaigns in recent memory that I think BF4 is better than, are BF3 and Medal of Honor: Warfighter.

I certainly wouldn't call it decent, at all. It's worse than every Call of Duty game (yes, even Ghosts, which I hated), Spec Ops: The Line, Medal of Honor 2010, both Bad Companies, and probably a few that I've even forgotten about. It's truly bottom of the barrel stuff, with nice graphics.

TheSeks

Awww... they turned off 2XP like two hours ago or so, it was just on! I nearly am finished with Carbines! Y THOU FORSAKETH ME DICE!? ;___;

Oh well, I'm nearly to the 10th of 11 unlocks in Carbines. Only 100 more points. So I can't care. Nearly done!

(And then that leaves Pistols which I'll do later this month/next 2XP I guess)

Timu

I think the performance might be fixed on my end, at least on medium, didn't see it go below 30FPS on 64 man Conquest.

Wow, campaign is terribad. I know people play this for the MP, but I like to finish the SP first. I got to the part where you have to get to the airield and have to fight like five tanks in a row, sometimes three at a time. Whoever designed this is an idiot. The game forces you to inch forward and make tanks spawn one by one and run away to "heal". The only reason I can get past this is due to the fact my tank can heal and theirs don't. What an idiotic mechanic, thanks Halo. What is with the tank spawning on top of you anyhow? You can literally see them pop up in right in front of your eyes.

So I get past this tank part and get back on foot finally. They tell me to drop down into a bar looking building, ok fine. Boom, four guys spawn in the room all around me all at once. I die, back to the tank part!

I'm done, never touching this turd again. It makes Shadowfall look like a GOTY.

i was starting to get really pissed off at that section too until i realized the tank had an IRNV toggle. it made it much easier to see the enemy tanks that were pounding me from distance.

snack

Two questions. About those motion sensor balls for recon class... Can I only have one max? And I can't see anything on the HUD that let's me know how many I left to use.

Also, do you unlock everything found in battlepacks by the time you hit the last level in game? I'm asking because I want those knives and so far I have none. Lol

TheSeks

Not the shank...

Go to your knives in game, theres a knife labeled as improvised.

Battlepack unlock.

The shank is very clearly labeled "shank" and says single player unlock... This is a different knife.

http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Knife

Scroll to battlefield 4, look at the last knife.
Even found a forum thread on it http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064771190794635/ (there are a few threads actually)

Heres a picture of it http://i.imgur.com/SXCcVaE.png
And another http://i.imgur.com/g0tkVHr.png

^^^ thats how it shows up on mine.
In the threads I'm reading, only one person has been killed by it.

Also.. If i said its the only one I'm missing, why would i not have the shank lol.. It comes before the machete lol..

Weird. I don't see it in Battlelog. It's either a Second Assault/future DLC thing, or they're testing new things to add to Premium.

Awww... they turned off 2XP like two hours ago or so, it was just on! I nearly am finished with Carbines! Y THOU FORSAKETH ME DICE!? ;___;

Oh well, I'm nearly to the 10th of 11 unlocks in Carbines. Only 100 more points. So I can't care. Nearly done!

(And then that leaves Pistols which I'll do later this month/next 2XP I guess)

two shotguns left :( soo close!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom