• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
They also need to focus on the classes, they've diluted it too much by having too many gadgets.

You can't be sure what a medic or an support will have now.

The repair tool, health and ammo should not be optional kits IMO.

Rainy Dog

I can't believe I can't hit a fucking thing with an LMG unless I use a bipod. Makes me feel so incompetent :(

Which ones are you trying with? I play pretty much the same and do just as well with the U-100, RPK-12 and LSAT as I do with assault rifles. They're just as accurate, even more so at longer range. Just try and keep your distance a bit more as you gain long-range performance for utterly rubbish hip-fire. And always stand still when firing.

Yeah most people are thick as shit and don't play very well, and no one speaks on mic too which is just great!

I know lots of folks who don't play objectives in any game - be it COD, BF or Halo. They are just solely interested in their K:D and unlocking the next 'thing'. It's not wrong for them to play that way, it just takes away from the objective of certain gametypes, and really makes it not a lot of fun for the folks playing the objectives.

I definitely play as Engineer/C4 Recon on CQ, but I still love me some long range sniping - especially if I can clear a path for my squad trying to take an objective.

Also, any long range snipers here? I just got a 1.12km headshot this weekend on a moving target. Felt oh so good.

kamspy

I'd love for console auto aim on controller only servers.

Would bee a great feature. I'm a comfy couch PC guy. People with mice are just too fast off you're on a pad.

That middle flag on Operation Locker shows the population in a terrible light. Masses of people stopping on the way to make sure they get the points for capping the other flags, then they set up a defence outside 'C' rather than trying to take it. If people can stand at a door and throw grenades and shoot while getting points for ammo or med packs, lots of them are quite happy.

It will settle down when new games appear at least.

Rainy Dog

I'd love for console auto aim on controller only servers.

Would bee a great feature. I'm a comfy couch PC guy. People with mice are just too fast off you're on a pad.

I got absolutely leathered using a 360 pad on the PC beta. I've never felt as humbled in my life.

Rainy Dog

I know lots of folks who don't play objectives in any game - be it COD, BF or Halo. They are just solely interested in their K:D and unlocking the next 'thing'. It's not wrong for them to play that way, it just takes away from the objective of certain gametypes, and really makes it not a lot of fun for the folks playing the objectives.

I loved Bad Company 2 for not showing your K/D ratio on the scoreboard. Transformed the way people played in my opinion. Wish they'd have kept it that way for BF3 and 4, at least for objective modes.

In some ways you can't blame people for caring about stuff like that when they're encouraged to do so.

I haven't played a BF since 1942 and BC1. I was a murderer in those games.

I need to relearn the ropes...so if someone wants to party up on XB1 and show me the 'new' ropes, I'm down.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I loved Bad Company 2 for not showing your K/D ratio on the scoreboard.

Revisionist history?

1512084_10100416959413805_684911386_o.jpg

903288_10100416959378875_379366072_o.jpg

921332_10100416959383865_1828407405_o.jpg

(I could swear it's the same on PS360 as well)

Which ones are you trying with? I play pretty much the same and do just as well with the U-100, RPK-12 and LSAT as I do with assault rifles. They're just as accurate, even more so at longer range. Just try and keep your distance a bit more as you gain long-range performance for utterly rubbish hip-fire. And always stand still when firing.

Switched over to Support earlier this afternoon because I've finished Recon and Engineer, was trying to roll with the Type-88 but it's complete garbage. Just checked the stats on symthic and I've decided that the RPK looks like it suits my preferred play style (Run around like a headless chicken and hope to get lucky) the best.

TheSeks

I'm gonna have to boot up the PS3 copy now aren't I?

I'm guessing they dropped KDR off the console versions due to the sub-HD resolutions and screen real-estate being at a premium there. But it isn't exactly "gone."

My ideal would be dropping all the stats. SPM, KDR, WLR, etc.

In fact I'm curious if Fersis can get me in touch with Demize or someone at DICE that can get me a server to mess with unranked and have it show up as ranked in the filters
Of course this is extremely scuzzy but
to test to see if people would change their playstyle if everything but weapon kills/"exp" didn't count. I'm wondering if it's possible for DICE to do that: Make Unranked able to be used for weapon/vehicle/accessory unlocks while keeping the actual stats that aren't kills and accuracy with the weapons as a non-counted thing/"unranked."

Oh, and regarding that Engineer overpowerement, now when you can use carbines and DMR's too the class is very universal.

Support doesnt really have any advantages or uses beyond anti-sniper tools.

Oh, and regarding that Engineer overpowerement, now when you can use carbines and DMR's too the class is very universal.

Support doesnt really have any advantages or uses beyond anti-sniper tools.

I wouldn't necessarily call engineers overpowered. When in a vehicle trying to capture flags, I fear C4 more than rocket launchers personally and I'd choose just about every assault rifle over every carbine but engineers are definitely the most well rounded with the majority of maps currently available in Conquest. The class is weakest when infantry is emphasized.

Acorn

I miss when support had medkits.

Unrelated but a huge problem I come across its a complete lack of support players in matches therefore nearly no ammo packs. So if I'm an engy once I take out a few vehicles I'm fucked and have to scramble for kits or suicide.

WOO! What a beautifully stable game.

One day I will get through the SP. I swear! ONE DAY! I almost gave up. Was on my third crash play through and almost got back to where it deleted all my data before, then CRASH. The save remained intact though.. so I give props to them for that I guess... I hope I can get through this one. Last time.

Milennia

Unrelated but a huge problem I come across its a complete lack of support players in matches therefore nearly no ammo packs. So if I'm an engy once I take out a few vehicles I'm fucked and have to scramble for kits or suicide.

Dont suicide, you still have your knife after your empty and can still cap objectives.
Makes dying easier to swallow though :p

I have had to go rambo a few times with just a knife... Quite the interesting experience.

I think support is actually my most-played and highest-scoring class, which is weird given all the talk of it being underpowered. LMGs are my best weapons in both KPM and general kills, and giving ammo to engineers and snipers is easier than, say, medkits to anyone in general because engineers and snipers tend to stick to a specific area when they're sniping or firing rockets at tanks. If I could just get used to sticking C4 in the right places or driving C4-laden vehicles into tanks I'd be golden.

Now that this game runs perfect for me the only gripe I have is hearing someone miss 10 shots in a row at you with a DMR. The sound that shit makes drives me insane. I've actually yelled at people in game "PLEASE IF YOU'RE GOING TO SHOOT AT ME AT LEAST HIT ME SO I DON'T HAVE TO HEAR YOU MISS SO MUCH". I wish I could just delete some file to stop that sound. Sniper rifles are just as bad. My accuracy isn't that great but I manage to kill people with less than 4 magazines.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone want to get a party going on PS4? Me and another GAFer are playing right now. My PSN ID is kittens_dx.

TheSeks

Am I not wrong? BC2 is 720p or below that like most other console titles of that time. Throw in "screen real-estate"/space issues for that sub-HD resolution and you have to lose things on the scoreboard due to spacing issues/etc.

The one place I know for sure that KDR is in the console versions of BC2 is the "My stat" page. Shows your kills your deaths and the ratio below that.

Faceless said:
PC exclusive.

I dunno. I could swear I've seen KDR in-rounds on the console version. If it isn't in the pop-up leaderboards, it's either the leaderboards themselves in the pause menu or the next-round. I'm gonna have to check.

Now that this game runs perfect for me the only gripe I have is hearing someone miss 10 shots in a row at you with a DMR. The sound that shit makes drives me insane. I've actually yelled at people in game "PLEASE IF YOU'RE GOING TO SHOOT AT ME AT LEAST HIT ME SO I DON'T HAVE TO HEAR YOU MISS SO MUCH". I wish I could just delete some file to stop that sound. Sniper rifles are just as bad. My accuracy isn't that great but I manage to kill people with less than 4 magazines.

Trust me, it ain't me missing with the SKS. It's the netcode. I can be balls-touching close to you and hip-fire that gun and no DICE. No hit markers. ADS? Same thing. It's annoying as shit.

Rainy Dog

Am I not wrong? BC2 is 720p or below that like most other console titles of that time. Throw in "screen real-estate"/space issues for that sub-HD resolution and you have to lose things on the scoreboard due to spacing issues/etc.

I'm pretty sure they didn't show K/D due to the games resolution. BF3 and 4 run at a slightly lower resolution and they display the same info as the PC just fine.

I really don't know why the opted to remove it from public view on consoles only BC2, actually... Either way, was a bold move and worked wonders for how people played in my opinion.

With that said, was probably another Dice bug that just never got fixed.

kriskrosbbk

Did DICE buy more RAM for their servers?I feel like I am playing with added 15fps on the PS4 today ! Lagfest map like Lancang Dam,Paracel Storm or Golmud is buttery smooth at the moment ... and not only . I am playing the last few hours ,different servers.Note I am talking about 64CQ,all the rest are butter anyway.

Rizific

You want that sound gone? That's an audible indicator that you're under fire. That tells me to GTFO of where I am so I can either hide or it buys me enough time to figure out where it's coming from. Same for sniper rifles.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Just remembered another annoying bug: Laser spots all over the maps.
T__T

You want that sound gone? That's an audible indicator that you're under fire. That tells me to GTFO of where I am so I can either hide or it buys me enough time to figure out where it's coming from. Same for sniper rifles.

My eyes work well enough to visually see where I'm being shot from. The sound itself isn't annoying it's mostly the speed at which it goes off. The constant missing or whatever the hell is going on drives me bat shit.

Yup. I believe that any form of stats tracking is bad. Stats tracking brings out the worst in players. Even tracking the amount of kills in the actual match is bad. I think points tracking is the lesser of the evils, but that could be bad as well.

In game DMRs make me prance around in circles, that's how crazy it drives me.

this game is full of the thickest idiots to play fps games. Even CoD players don't hold a candle to them. Too much mechanical choice in the gameplay exposes them for how lacking in intuition or reaction to micro or macro gameplay events.

Getting torn up by a littlebird with a repairing engineer? Go engineer yourselves and take it down? NOOOOOO, you have to play assault class because that's all you like. One single LAV on a bridge owning you? Go engineer or carry c4 to deal with it? NOOOOO, "fuck you i'm playing assault."

I'm playing engineer, i'm asking others to play it too so we can deal with what are quite decent vehicle players on the other team, but no, they want to play with assault rifles and they cry when guy in littlebird kills them the 10th time. Barely a single medpack drop but hey 12 whole revives!

And then this one guy, Doberman. Sitting outside of E flag (even when the enemy has it capped!!!!!) trying to snipe B. All game. Getting 4 - 12 K:D in a 750 ticket server. His excuse is he's trying to unlock sniper rifles.

Lol.

Zavod 311 is growing on me and so is locker. I'm infantry at heart, but I love tank battles. The mobility of tanks sucks ass. Can't even go over a tiny hump. Tracks on the tanks are suppose to be all terrain! Spinning out is a pain as well.

I also hate pistol jamming.

Edit: I also hate screen shaking ever since BC2, and now I hate suppression. Both are a hindrance to infantry.

Zavod 311 is growing on me and so is locker. I'm infantry at heart, but I love tank battles. The mobility of tanks sucks ass. Can't even go over a tiny hump. Tracks on the tanks are suppose to be all terrain! Spinning out is a pain as well.

I also hate pistol jamming.

Edit: I also hate screen shaking ever since BC2, and now I hate suppression. Both are a hindrance to infantry.

Yeah, nothing about Zavod 311's layout seems particularly interesting to me but for some reason it has resulted in more highly contested exciting rounds than any other map I've played on. Also, for some reason I perform better on that map than pretty much any other.

gaugebozo

So I got this game for Christmas for the 360, and was wondering how it plays now. In particular, how is the netcode and how often does it crash? Should I wait until more updates come out to start playing?

Why don't you play Support? I read posts like these and wonder why you are the only one allowed to play as an Engineer. I assume on any map (save for Locker, and yet I think RPGs would be pretty effective in those tunnels) that there are going to be plenty of that class. Be the bigger player and look to your squad and choose an underrepresented role.

Acorn

Why don't you play Support? I read posts like these and wonder why you are the only one allowed to play as an Engineer. I assume on any map (save for Locker, and yet I think RPGs would be pretty effective in those tunnels) that there are going to be plenty of that class. Be the bigger player and look to your squad and choose an underrepresented role.
I do. I change my class all the time, it doesn't help when the other engys are trying to rocket snipe snipers a mile away whilst an ifv rains hell down on caps.

Zavod is great map for class diversity, mostly because you can help control most of the map on foot. B - E are all short walks and provide plenty of cover to avoid vehicles.

You can also get away with infantry play on Flood Zone if you focus on B-C, but you then have to rely on your team securing a third point and that the enemy doesn't wreck you with helis.

After that Resort is also pretty friendly to infantry.

Golmud and Rogue Transmission are the two I kind of find unbearable to play as infantry. Long walks and little cover.

There's limits, though. Assault in particular, I haven't really noticed great maps in CQ to revive on (Locker excepted).

On the flipside, being able to equip carbines on Support and Recon means you can PTFO without too awkward trade-offs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom