• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Prob

Banned
vfTTHPX.jpg

Here we go!

They need to buff the frags in addition to reducing the amount of minis you get. Damn thing flies like a shot put.

And color me skeptical that whatever maa fix they make doesn't make it less effective against jets.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I wonder if the EA Lawsuit has anything to do with the current radio silence.
Is not demize99 job to announce stuff so good for him.

Cry Moar TheSeks, Cryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy mnoooooooooar

Looks like I won't be sitting back and pick at my nose shooting at infantry with the MAA anymore hahaha

It was fun while it lasted.

Grenades definitely needs a rebalance. Minis and impact grenades are broken.

zma1013

Yeah the standard grenade seems useless when minis are there with no noticeable difference. Either the standard grenade needs a large buff or the minis need nerfed somehow.

Milennia

I don't mind them nerfing radius or anything, i use them because there are 3 and i don't to use perks for more :/ supports are rare and boxes are even more rare, so it helps.

Depending on what they do to the 2 i may just use incendiary.

Rainy Dog

Yeah the standard grenade seems useless when minis are there with no noticeable difference. Either the standard grenade needs a large buff or the minis need nerfed somehow.

The V10's definitely need double nerfing in my opinion. Either damage or radius reduction and carry count reducing to two as standard.

No, don't buff it. There is already enough grenades being thrown around. They should be trying to cut down spam. Nerfs all around for grenades please.

terrible

Banned
What's so busted about the rgo? I guess the mini overshadows everything but I can't say I have any complaints about the impact grenade.

I've probably died more from impact grenades than anything else and barely anyone uses them. They're like a mini nuke.

With that said it's all about the mini grenades for me. Oh, you want to hide around a corner to heal? Nah, bank shot for you! Can't really do that with the impact grenades.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
@Demize99 said:
Small impact wins, looking at a smaller explosion sound and effect on the V40, to show off its a less effective grenade and reduce spam.

I think the V40 is a bigger issue in Hardcore than Core. Agree?
There you go.

terrible

Banned
They do tend to overnerf sometimes so who knows. They're a big part of my offensive attack but I could deal with them not being good at killing people to be honest. A lot of the time the grenade indicator alone is enough to get people out of their hiding spots which nets me an easy kill. The nerf shouldn't (I hope) change that at least.

The way I read it they're not changing anything except the way the explosion looks and sounds.

That'd be funny. I took the "sound and effect" part to mean some kind of radius/damage nerf but he may literally just mean they're changing the visual effect.

Milennia

Jackfrags swooping in.

c5NtVr5.jpg

I was going to say something about them being banned in ESL but i though he would've known that, they just use incendiary and pineapples.

terrible

Banned
http://bf4db.com/weapons

I just found out about this website. It appears to have global stats for just about everything. Maybe it's already known here but it's interesting.

Here are the KPM stats for the four main lethal grenades. Zero surprises here except for maybe the M34. I didn't know people actually got kills with those lol.

1) V40 MINI: 4.9
2) RGO IMPACT: 4.8
3) M67 FRAG: 4.3
4) M34 INCENDIARY 3.9

Milennia

http://bf4db.com/weapons

I just found out about this website. It appears to have global stats for just about everything. Maybe it's already known here but it's interesting.

Here are the KPM stats for the four main lethal grenades. Zero surprises here except for maybe the M34. I didn't know people actually got kills with those lol.

1) V40 MINI: 4.9
2) RGO IMPACT: 4.8
3) M67 FRAG: 4.3
4) M34 INCENDIARY 3.9

The defib has more kills than most of the assault filler underbarrel ammo types lol.

Can't post on my phone, but symthic has a forum thread where a guy compiled global kills per weapon per platform. It doesn't seem extremely accurate but even if its within ballpark, I believe the grenade numbers translate to v40 @ almost 80% of kills, followed by the impact, and the frag coming in at around 3% of kills. Laughable.

terrible

Banned
The defib has more kills than most of the assault filler underbarrel ammo types lol.

I'm not surprised, it's pretty fun to use lol

Can't post on my phone, but symthic has a forum thread where a guy compiled global kills per weapon per platform. It doesn't seem extremely accurate but even if its within ballpark, I believe the grenade numbers translate to v40 @ almost 80% of kills, followed by the impact, and the frag coming in at around 3% of kills. Laughable.

From the link I posted.

55.5% for V40
26.6% for RGO
15.5% for M67
2.3% for M34
0% for M84 (there are still some kills though)

The extra .1% was lost with rounding I guess or I messed up somewhere. I'm not entirely sure where they get their stats but it seems like it probably only uses PC stats since I can only find PC soldiers using their search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom