• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Server browser issues aside, it's pretty solid.

Dont forgot about losing stats.. (server side issues)
Blinking cursor/black screen of death haha
And one that i've seen yesterday: losing ability to use controller except for ps button when you invite someone through battle log. Only the ps button works. And then when you close the app, the sound starts cutting making it unbearable to listen...

Spl1nter

http://bf4db.com/weapons

I just found out about this website. It appears to have global stats for just about everything. Maybe it's already known here but it's interesting.

Here are the KPM stats for the four main lethal grenades. Zero surprises here except for maybe the M34. I didn't know people actually got kills with those lol.

1) V40 MINI: 4.9
2) RGO IMPACT: 4.8
3) M67 FRAG: 4.3
4) M34 INCENDIARY 3.9

KPM is an almost useless stat for grenades. They are only out when being thrown.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I really want to make some gifs off of some PS4 playthroughs, but this PS4 Video Sharing setup is bollocks.

I have to link Facebook with my account and then Sony will want to take over my account spamming everybody, and I heard you can't even download the file from there.

VariantX

How's BF4 on the PS4 now? Was thinking about picking it up, does it still have several issues?

Much better than launch month. It only crashes when I suspend BF4 and go do something else on my PS4. But, no crashes from MP gameplay since the last patch. Will play SP today and see if it does better than it used to.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
93 and c45 are good weapons, symthic/reality.

Netcode kills the 45 a bit but the 93 laughs at netcode.

The 93 is only good because of the quick burst. If it didn't have that, it'd pretty much be in the M9 territory
since that's what it really is
and oddly the M9 (IMO) isn't good this outing where it was okay in BF3.

I'm wondering how much of it is Netcode and how much of it is DICE adding too many "pistol" filler weapons and not even using them. The Five-seveN is just laughable.

FleenerW

I don't play Battlefield, but I have a couple of battle pack codes from buying Slim Jims. I'll PM them to whoever wants them.

Edit: Taken.

Milly79

Was playing Silk Road earlier and spawned in the dirt bike. Someone on my team shot me with a tank shell. Went so high and far, hit the ground and blew up. Was fucking hilarious. Hope the share button saved it for all the hilarity.

^ PM sent!

Milennia

The 93 is only good because of the quick burst. If it didn't have that, it'd pretty much be in the M9 territory
since that's what it really is
and oddly the M9 (IMO) isn't good this outing where it was okay in BF3.

I'm wondering how much of it is Netcode and how much of it is DICE adding too many "pistol" filler weapons and not even using them. The Five-seveN is just laughable.

Yeah, but it does have its burst, so who cares what it would be without it :D

Wonder when these changes are going to be implemented.

Trojita

I made this GIF from a game I played earlier (PS4).

I love Zavod

iZj0ZbkjEJ4nj.gif

daevv

I made this GIF from a game I played earlier (PS4).

I love Zavod

iZj0ZbkjEJ4nj.gif

Sweet! Was the hatch left open or did you open it somehow?

Any tips on getting kills in a jet? I can fly around pretty good. All I do is strafe the ground and hunt choppers/jet. I get some hits but never any kills. I don't have much unlocked for any jets either.

Trojita

Sweet! Was the hatch left open or did you open it somehow?

Any tips on getting kills in a jet? I can fly around pretty good. All I do is strafe the ground and hunt choppers/jet. I get some hits but never any kills. I don't have much unlocked for any jets either.

The gif goes too fast, but when I look up in the gif it is closed. It is such a pain in the ass to open it from below.

Also the second guy I got appeared from nowhere, you don't see him at first. I don't know how he managed to spawn laying down in a sniping position.

The gif goes too fast, but when I look up in the gif it is closed. It is such a pain in the ass to open it from below.

Also the second guy I got appeared from nowhere, you don't see him at first. I don't know how he managed to spawn laying down in a sniping position.

I thought if you choose to spawn on squad members, you adopt the same position that they are in? Prone if they are prone, standing if standing, etc. Been wanting to try to do open the hatch like that in Zavod, but in all the games I played yesterday, the hatches were open with no camping recon up top. Go figure.

TheSeks

Been using the Famas for some fun... This thing.. Is weird.

FAMAS is amazing. I thought it was crap but Faceless using it has changed my opinion on it somewhat.
It still has shitty ironsights to where I'm forced to use a scope on it.

Able to knock 2-3 people down before reloading really quickly. It's more a hip-firing weapon than an ADS weapon.

Milennia

FAMAS is amazing. I thought it was crap but Faceless using it has changed my opinion on it somewhat.
It still has shitty ironsights to where I'm forced to use a scope on it.

Able to knock 2-3 people down before reloading really quickly. It's more a hip-firing weapon than an ADS weapon.

Its fun for sure, i need to get used to it.
Thinking ergo/supp or compensator. Its interesting, not sure if i like it more than the Tar yet.

The Tar has its perk of being all kit though.

Actually... Forget the compensator, that sounds terrible on this gun.

TheSeks

No it really doesn't. Since the time it's live short and may/may not get anyone if they're spamming into areas.

@Crack: Yes, the AEK is amazing. But the FAMAS also has a niche. All the guns
besides the pistols
are good from the ones I've tried so far. I'd say the grenades are the only ones I don't like so I stick to the default. Flash nades seem pointless, same with the flare and the incendary round is good for holding a choke-point but people can flank, so...

As for the TAR: I don't like it. If it's that China Rising gun I'm thinking of. The iron-sights are alright but I don't care for the "feel" of the gun.

terrible

Banned
No it really doesn't. Since the time it's live short and may/may not get anyone if they're spamming into areas.
And yet their order is pretty much 100% how most people would rank them in terms of lethality. Explain this one :p

The only major factor that skews it is the fact that everyone starts off with M67s so there are a lot of beginners lowing the M67 KPM which has made it look worse than it really is.

Trojita

Here's another one from the same map

zavodomddw.gif

Notice I clip the one guy with the tail of the helicopter.

I'm rubbish with shooting with those things. I was firing steady at those guys and couldn't get a single kill.

TheSeks

Its fun for sure, i need to get used to it.
Thinking ergo/supp or compensator. Its interesting, not sure if i like it more than the Tar yet.

I use the Reflex (RDS), Heavy Barrel (I need to test this on more guns since it was the ONLY accessory I pretty much slapped on all guns besides pistols in BF3...), and the Ergo Grip on the FAMAS. I dunno if that'll be for you, but play around with it.

And yet their order is pretty much 100% how most people would rank them in terms of lethality. Explain this one :p

Confirmation bias != true lethality. You're saying those stats are "useful" simply because it matches your bias. Splinter tells you (rightly) that it's a pointless stat because it "isn't equipped all the time" you counter that it still shows lethality. I tell you: "No, it doesn't. Because grenades can miss and since they're 'live' only for a short-time, the KPM stat is skewed to that short-time where they may hit more than one person to boost for the misses they make."

You're wanting to look at situations and damage/radius/etc. stats, not KPM.

broony

My first Batttlefield since BF2 on PC. Fucking love this game. Has been in my PS4 pretty much since launch.

Still a noob, playing engineer class with whatever the first carbine is. Is there a particular carbine to aim for?

Milennia

I use the Reflex (RDS), Heavy Barrel (I need to test this on more guns since it was the ONLY accessory I pretty much slapped on all guns besides pistols in BF3...), and the Ergo Grip on the FAMAS. I dunno if that'll be for you, but play around with it.

Confirmation bias != true lethality. You're saying those stats are "useful" simply because it matches your bias. Splinter tells you (rightly) that it's a pointless stat because it "isn't equipped all the time" you counter that it still shows lethality. I tell you: "No, it doesn't. Because grenades can miss and since they're 'live' only for a short-time, the KPM stat is skewed to that short-time where they may hit more than one person to boost for the misses they make."

Ya for sure, i like guns like these. Niche as fuck to the point where i could use attactchments i normally wouldnt.

Milennia

My first Batttlefield since BF2 on PC. Fucking love this game. Has been in my PS4 pretty much since launch.

Still a noob, playing engineer class with whatever the first carbine is. Is there a particular carbine to aim for?

The one you have unlocked right now and the ACE 52.

terrible

Banned

Statistically the V40 is the most lethal grenade from around 3.25M to 7M.

I would suggest that the odds of a grenade exploding near an enemy within that radius is higher than exploding within the 0-3.25M radius where the M67 would be more effective because people tend to move away when they see the grenade indicator and most people don't have perfect aim anyway.

All things considered the global KPM appears to reflect the effectiveness of an individual grenade toss. AFAIK all grenade types release from your hand in the same amount of time so a sample size in the hundreds [edit: tens] of millions should be more accurate than one might think.

Spl1nter

The KPM of the v40 is a lot lower than its true effectiveness. The requirement to throw 2 for a 100% health kill means it has double the time of use. Plus you still have another v40 without the extra grenade perk after throwing 2. Because you can spam them more they get thrown more often in lower % situations for kills. The KPM hides just how much stronger the v40 is than the frag. Thats the reason KPM poorly reflects the difference between frag and v40. They are not utilized the same like a gun. So a general stat doesnt correlate as strongly with effectiveness.

I always clip through the map in Hainan Resort. Shit is infuriating.

Also had a bad run of randoms in CQ today, some of the worst I've seen since I started playing.

But I enjoyed the company I was with, we laughed and cried, mostly cried. : )

terrible

Banned
The KPM of the v40 is a lot lower than its true effectiveness. The requirement to throw 2 for a 100% health kill means it has double the time of use. Plus you still have another v40 without the extra grenade perk after throwing 2. Because you can spam them more they get thrown more often in lower % situations for kills. The KPM hides just how much stronger the v40 is than the frag. Thats the reason KPM poorly reflects the difference between frag and v40. They are not utilized the same like a gun. So a general stat doesnt correlate as strongly with effectiveness.

Yeah, the overall effectiveness because of the fact that you get three is through the roof. KPM would more reflect single throw effectiveness, where it's still hilariously more lethal at longer blast ranges than any other grenade. There's no doubt the V40 is significantly better than the M67. DICE didn't even try to balance them apparently lol.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I really want to play with GAFers more. I'm sick of randoms. We should get some regularly scheduled games going on the PS4 version. I get on most nights around 6pm Pacific (though not tonight). If anyone else is on a similar schedule, add me! My PSN ID is kittens_dx. I'm competent, and maybe even decent.

So yeah, I'll post in the thread when I get on each night, and you all should do the same. HaloGAF used to do that, and we had groups going almost every night for a while. It was awesome.

I really want to play with GAFers more. I'm sick of randoms. We should get some regularly scheduled games going on the PS4 version. I get on most nights around 6pm Pacific (though not tonight). If anyone else is on a similar schedule, add me! My PSN ID is kittens_dx. I'm competent, and maybe even decent.

So yeah, I'll post in the thread when I get on each night, and you all should do the same. HaloGAF used to do that, and we had groups going almost every night for a while. It was awesome.

tsgwes, crakatak, julz, musashi, myself, dreamgazer, and other play almost regularly around your time..

Milennia

Im pretty sure i have you added.
I just play at odd hours (mostly late and i just play all night). I get nocturnals joining my games a lot though, i see Dr. Prob in a lot of my games :p

Need to fix my sleep schedule so i could play with more gaffers.

Oh and spatenfloot he's in a bunch of my games as well lol, i feel bad though, because he tries to talk but i can never find my mic mid game -.-

Anyone know if DICE plans on increasing the number of tickets in Air Superiority (PS4) from 100 to a higher count? Every game ends within 6 mins and I barely get 2 kills... why did they do this?

Anyone know if DICE plans on increasing the number of tickets in Air Superiority (PS4) from 100 to a higher count? Every game ends within 6 mins and I barely get 2 kills... why did they do this?

probably gotta wait until unofficial servers for those 300% ticket matches.

Dr. Prob I thought he was a random. I remember saying something along the line "Dr. Prob is gone and he won't cause anymore problems" on party chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom