• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omni

MTAR is such a beast. Only taken maybe 300 kills, but I've finally learnt how to use it effectively, I think.

Doesn't seem to have as much range as the one in BF3 though

Seriously, who ever at DICE decided to remove the hud compass in hardcore servers needs to be slapped. Should also be slapped for no access to a map unless you are dead.

Dr Prob

Banned
I remember that night Crakatak. Got booted from the squad when Faceless joined, then balanced over after. You came flying at the RHIB Boat of Doom on a jetski :D

Finally finished sending requests to all the GAF people on my list and right away had a couple of really fun matches with CheDominik and Honnso. Great squad work, even though the rest of our team wasn't doing much. We were sitting out at the edge of the cap radius of C on Lancang Dam in the attack boat and got hit by something (gunship?) that launched us like 30 feet in the air and up onto the island, relatively unhurt. Good times.

Omni

It would be nice if they said "fuck it. here's your patch, here's Second Assault, go nuts".

I really want Second Assault. :mad:

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I remember that night Crakatak. Got booted from the squad when Faceless joined, then balanced over after. You came flying at the RHIB Boat of Doom on a jetski :D

Finally finished sending requests to all the GAF people on my list and right away had a couple of really fun matches with CheDominik and Honnso. Great squad work, even though the rest of our team wasn't doing much. We were sitting out at the edge of the cap radius of C on Lancang Dam in the attack boat and got hit by something (gunship?) that launched us like 30 feet in the air and up onto the island, relatively unhurt. Good times.

Sorry about that, really thought you were a random.

One of the reasons I think everyone should have their GAF tag on via Battlelog!

had some really fun Obliteration matches yesterday with a buddy, me flying the choppers and him along with the stinger :D

even got ragemail calling us "fucking noobs" for using this superior tactic.

VariantX

Sweet! Was the hatch left open or did you open it somehow?

Any tips on getting kills in a jet? I can fly around pretty good. All I do is strafe the ground and hunt choppers/jet. I get some hits but never any kills. I don't have much unlocked for any jets either.

Nah, you mantle up on the railing and then jump towards the hatch, at the peak of the jump, you press the interact button and you can open the hatch. I snuck up and shotgunned about 3 rooftop snipers doing this earlier today thanks to someone posting that vid illustrating how to get up there with the hatch closed.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Demize99 hard at work:
Alan Kertz @Demize99
Attack Heli Gunner: Higher Direct DMG
Scout 25mm: Lower splash damage, Higher Direct DMG: aka more anti vehicle and less anti infantry

Alan Kertz @Demize99
MAA: 4 missiles instead of 6 missiles
Attack Heli:
-Higher ROF on rockets
-Zuni higher direct damage
-Rocket splash radius up
Thoughts?

I dont fly choppers too much so i cant give useful feedback.

The little bird update doesn't seem to address what is wrong with it. It's almost invincible with 2 repairmen. Unless you do a lockon with SRAW.

Milennia

I don't think they will fix the repairing.
Seems like a lot of variables, such as player POV while in a helo as well as the general mechanic of the repair tool.
The best way i can think of, would be disabling it whilst in a helo.

That would be the best bet. The repair rate in the air is insanely high. When JM flies we're like a flying death machine. It literally takes 3 stinger spammers and MAA to take us out. There is also a bug when you repair at 10 health it jumps up to around 30-40, I forgot the number.

scogoth

That would be the best bet. The repair rate in the air is insanely high. When JM flies we're like a flying death machine. It literally takes 3 stinger spammers and MAA to take us out. There is also a bug when you repair at 10 health it jumps up to around 30-40, I forgot the number.

3 stinger to take out 3 people in a heli is fine for balance. A single MAA with one volley of rockets and 30mm can quite easily take down a heli with 2 engines repairing. I like that they are lowering splash damage of 25mm because thats the only thing I see wrong with the scout, its way too powerful vs infantry.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
There's also an issue with teamplay when playing with randoms.

Our team was getting hammered by a Heli + Engineers and i was the only engineer trying to take them down.I spent all my stingers and got 3 mobility kills.

Luckily a tank took out the heli.

3 stinger to take out 3 people in a heli is fine for balance. A single MAA with one volley of rockets and 30mm can quite easily take down a heli with 2 engines repairing. I like that they are lowering splash damage of 25mm because thats the only thing I see wrong with the scout, its way too powerful vs infantry.

It's 3 back to back at a specific timing. 2 back to back can't take us down and no it's not fine for balance. This is with the repair spec for both Engineers. We were taking out infantry while getting shot at as well. The situation is not equal. Also keep in mind that the opposing engineers don't always have stingers and they also have to face against tanks/infantry/heli from opposing teams.

njean777

Can I get some bros on Xbox one to send me some friend requests, need some people to play with. njean777 is my gamer tag. FYI I rarely have my mic on, just wanted to let people know incase you think I am being rude or something.

So their answer to the attack chopper not being able to stay in the air is making it more powerful. Seems legit. (I do think the gunner needs tweaking, but I sure wouldn't consider it a priority).

As for the scout heli, what do you guys think its primary purpose is? Anti-infantry, anti-air, or anti-vehicle? I always thought it was anti-infantry with those guns in BF3. I have no issue with its damage output. They just need to make repairs take slightly longer.

zma1013

Alan Kertz @Demize99
Attack Heli Gunner: Higher Direct DMG

The problem here is that the attack helicopters main problem is survivability. It's not going to matter how much they up gunner damage when 1 engineer with a stinger can effectively shoot them down.

Spl1nter

The issue with a attack heli isn't its damage output but lack of mobility and speed. Needs a huge speed and maneuverability boost because after you use counter measures you rarely ever have gotten far enough away to survive.

exactly.

OH NO THEY ARE USING TEAMWORK, THATS GOTTA NEED NERFING@!

Orcus

Can I get some bros on Xbox one to send me some friend requests, need some people to play with. njean777 is my gamer tag. FYI I rarely have my mic on, just wanted to let people know incase you think I am being rude or something.
I added you. I'm usually playing BF4 at 9 or 10 pacific. Add me if you want to squad up.

XBL: ORCU5

scogoth

It's 3 back to back at a specific timing. 2 back to back can't take us down and no it's not fine for balance. This is with the repair spec for both Engineers. We were taking out infantry while getting shot at as well. The situation is not equal. Also keep in mind that the opposing engineers don't always have stingers and they also have to face against tanks/infantry/heli from opposing teams.

It is equal, it rewards teamwork. 2 soldiers are out of battle repairing and working together to support the pilot. Its quite easy to deal with a scout. Not to mention your team also has a scout so get your squad together and get in your scout.

Milennia

exactly.

OH NO THEY ARE USING TEAMWORK, THATS GOTTA NEED NERFING@!

Teamwork isn't something the public necessarily understands, meaning they are very difficult to deal with, especially seeing as how most pub engineers use dumb fire specifically.

It sucks having to balance around casual play, but its just how it works at the moment.
They haven't stated either way if in vehicle repairing is intended, and if they have, i sure missed it.
You can deal with anything.. When i played WoW overpowered classes/3s comps could still be dealt with.. This doesn't mean they need not be touched in the grand scheme of things.

Teamwork isn't something the public necessarily understands, meaning they are very difficult to deal with, especially seeing as how most pub engineers use dumb fire specifically.

It sucks having to balance around casual play, but its just how it works at the moment.
They haven't stated either way if in vehicle repairing is intended, and if they have, i sure missed it.

RPGs need to do 75% damage so i can solo a tank

MCOM stations should blow up faster based on how many attackers are close. if it's just me, it should be like 3 seconds and the time goes up depending on how much help i have.

Milennia

RPGs need to do 75% damage so i can solo a tank

MCOM stations should blow up faster based on how many attackers are close. if it's just me, it should be like 3 seconds and the time goes up depending on how much help i have.

You have completely missed the point.
Theres no defending a 4 man helo with 2 engineers in the back face down doing nothing outside of healing a bird that is taking direct fire hits, this isn't intended and you can see it isn't via some field order that are in the game.. Such as the mechanic perk set healing a vehicle you are in.

Nobody is saying buff rockets... They are saying things should be working as intended and littlebirds shouldn't face tank anything that gets thrown at them because of engineers in their backpocket doing nothing but looking down and repairing.
Its the most common complaint outside of bugs on the official forum, and they are aware of it, so everytime a fix pops up, and its not in the notes.. People ask themselves if they think its worth it.

This may end up being something they decide to stick with, like how some games choose to leave in "clever use of game mechanics"etc.
If such is the case in this situation... Buff stingers to 35, if its not... Then fix the issue.

In regards to teamwork, what other situation in this game requires 3 engineers using a specific rocket type at the same time to deal with? And why would they be ok with that in a pub situation? Most.. And thats a strong most., people in this game don't play with a pre determined squad, take such into account. Everything is fine, theres a reason the littlebird issue has come up every single patch, nobody is asking for anything else in terms of extreme balance right now.

No, I'm not complaining because i got shit on by a littlebird.. In fact, I'm not even complaining. I use this method when i play with friends, i know how it works and everything about it scream unintended. This thing shouldn't face tank using active mitigation as if its in an MMo, when i use this method, we take more hits than a tank would with and engineer on his ass, because the engineer is exposed. Simply put, i have never died whilst doing this, with 2 engineers using the specific launcher on us.

Its even more dumb as the healing is repair is bugged and will jump the helo from the 10-20 range back up to 50 instantly, and it happens more that 60% of the time.

Wait what i have to activate XP boosts manually under Options? Who came up with this idea! Why is that not under Loadouts or something... I thought ive been using them as soon as i get them :D

You have completely missed the point.
Theres no defending a 4 man helo with 2 engineers in the back face down doing nothing outside of healing a bird that is taking direct fire hits, this isn't intended and you can see it isn't via some field order that are in the game.. Such as the mechanic perk set healing a vehicle you are in.

Nobody is saying buff rockets... They are saying things should be working as intended and littlebirds shouldn't face tank anything that gets thrown at them because of engineers in their backpocket doing nothing but looking down and repairing.
Its the most common complaint outside of bugs on the official forum, and they are aware of it, so everytime a fix pops up, and its not in the notes.. People ask themselves if they think its worth it.

This may end up being something they decide to stick with, like how some games choose to leave in "clever use of game mechanics"etc.
If such is the case in this situation... Buff stingers to 35, if its not... Then fix the issue.

In regards to teamwork, what other situation in this game requires 3 engineers using a specific rocket type at the same time to deal with? And why would they be ok with that in a pub situation? Most.. And thats a strong most., people in this game don't play with a pre determined squad, take such into account. Everything is fine, theres a reason the littlebird issue has come up every single patch, nobody is asking for anything else in terms of extreme balance right now.

oh no, the other team is using teamwork!!!

DICE should just disable passenger seats in pub games.

3 engineers using a specific rocket type!!! kind of like 2 engineers using a repair tool?

Milennia

oh no, the other team is using teamwork!!!

DICE should just disable passenger seats in pub games.

3 engineers using a specific rocket type!!! kind of like 2 engineers using a repair tool?

And again missed it completely.

This is unintended... Meaning it shouldn't be this way in plain english.
Also even if it was intended... How is 3 different people, using a single type of launcher.. The same thing as 2 engineers using a repair tool.. When there is one type, and most engineers carry it?

Oh no, balance.

How is this in any way teamwork in the same breath as 3 engineers with a specific equipment type, that aren't in a pre determined group? If you can answer this without a sarcastic meaningless remark, i will learn something.

In WoW playing 3s with an OP comp is considered teamwork as well... Its also a joke and unbelievably easier than using a non. In the same breath, you are saying that Op comp shouldn't be nerfed.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you through all the sarcasm, which isn't neccessary.

Ill simplify it a bit more.
A littlebird shouldn't be more of of a tank than anything else in the game.
No i dont think it should go down in one shot, what i want is DICE to come out and either say in vehicle repairing is intended or not, thats the only way i can respond further, because as it stands, its unintended to have a small helicopter face tank more shots than any other vehicle in this game, and the game includes abrams tanks. Even a backpocket MBT will go down due to the engineer being exposed.

J-Roderton

I think I'm finally getting good with the sniper rifle in this game. Having way too much fun with it. I did try out the starting LMG today, and damn, that thing is a lot of fun. That's definitely going to be my second go-to. Wish I could roll defib with it, though.

And as far as the M Tar carbine gun goes, is it bugged or something? I can't seem to get it to unlock.

And again missed it completely.

This is unintended... Meaning it shouldn't be this way in plain english.
Also even if it was intended... How is 3 different people, using a single type of launcher.. The same thing as 2 engineers using a repair tool.. When there is one type, and most engineers carry it?

Oh no, balance.

How is this in any way teamwork in the same breath as 3 engineers with a specific equipment type, that aren't in a pre determined group? If you can answer this without a sarcastic meaningless remark, i will learn something.

In WoW playing 3s with an OP comp is considered teamwork as well... Its also a joke and unbelievably easier than using a non. In the same breath, you are saying that Op comp shouldn't be nerfed.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you through all the sarcasm, which isn't neccessary

Engineers sacrifice other things to use a repair tool, just like they sacrifice other things to use an AA launcher.

terrible

Banned
Anyone ever see a scout chopper being used as complete air denial? Two engineers using mechanic field upgrade with stingers as passengers, an ammo box stuck on the chopper. Only counter to that is the exact same setup on the other team.

As funny as that is you can't say that's balanced.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Anyone ever see a scout chopper being used as complete air denial? Two engineers using mechanic field upgrade with stingers as passengers, an ammo box stuck on the chopper. Only counter to that is the exact same setup on the other team.

As funny as that is you can't say that's balanced.

How do you get the ammo pack stuck on the helicoptor? Do you have to have support throw one in the middle of the passenger part when the heli is on the ground?

terrible

Banned
How do you get the ammo pack stuck on the helicoptor? Do you have to have support throw one in the middle of the passenger part when the heli is on the ground?

From outside the chopper just throw it near the landing skids and eventually it'll stick. I hope me saying this doesn't result in more people doing that haha.

edit: i should add that you can also get ammo stuck to the scout choppers when you're in those side seats too so if the ammo crate gets destroyed it's easily replaceable if you are the support as pilot. just get one of the repair monkeys to switch to co-pilot then into pilot while you throw the ammo and then switch back.

Milennia

Engineers sacrifice other things to use a repair tool, just like they sacrifice other things to use an AA launcher.

Yes this is the case.
Which brings up another argument in the light of mandatory class abilities, but thats another discussion.

They also have to sacrifice other launchers, but this doesn't mean much at all except add to the issue.
Its very hard for me to go further on this until they reveal if its a "clever use of game mechanics" or something unintended.

I have a response for both, if its intended then it means they chose to balance the helicopters around AA with the direct support of engineers, which is fine in its own right, as it does promote teamwork but in a less specific way.
If its not intended, then the birds are more tanky than tanks due to an issue they haven't gotten around to yet.

I don't like having to treat the pub only community as if they are all clueless, however from personal play, its hard not to justify it. I don't know how they go about balance, but its clear most of the community still has no idea how this game works in terms of teamplay, which is why I'm bringing this up at all.

zma1013

Comparing scout choppers to a tank is currently quite accurate actually.

That's giving too much credit to the tank. Tanks are much more vulnerable and will die easier because they have much more limited mobility and even if it has 2 engineers repairing it, those engineers are much more likely to die from small arms fire. Scout chopper engies are relatively safe from small arms due to the height and speed at which the Scout normally operates.

Milennia

There is also a field order that allows them to sit in the passenger seat and feed ammo just by being there.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Hey guys. Finally figured out my roomies damn tag, lol. Been too lazy to post it.

PSN ID: MusashisanoV

Battlelog Page -- He has everything blocked, but you can view unlocks and progression by clicking the soldier on the right.

Hope to rush with you guys soon.
And Conquest.
And TDM.
And things.

terrible

Banned
There is also a field order that allows them to sit in the passenger seat and feed ammo just by being there.

I didn't even think of that. How quickly do they get stingers back with that?

That's giving too much credit to the tank. Tanks are much more vulnerable and will die easier because they have much more limited mobility and even if it has 2 engineers repairing it, those engineers are much more likely to die from small arms fire. Scout chopper engies are relatively safe from small arms due to the height and speed at which the Scout normally operates.

With tanks you have to stop moving in order to get repaired. That makes them very vulnerable. With scout choppers it's just business as usual 24/7. You know something isn't right when a little bird is a better tank than an actual tank.

Milennia

I didn't even think of that. How quickly do they get stingers back with that?

With tanks you have to stop moving in order to get repaired. That makes them very vulnerable. With scout choppers it's just business as usual 24/7. You know something isn't right when a little bird is a better tank than an actual tank.

I have completely forgotten and cant find the information anywhere :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom